• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

darkwing

Yesterday they did maintenance to patch the areas in DZ06 where you get teleported back to the checkpoint.

Few hours ago we noticed another agent run into that spot and get teleported, and same thing happened to us.

wtzgU.gif

we truly are the beta testers

Mullah88

Yesterday they did maintenance to patch the areas in DZ06 where you get teleported back to the checkpoint.

Few hours ago we noticed another agent run into that spot and get teleported, and same thing happened to us.

wtzgU.gif

lol love the one in the contaminated zone in the dz06 (hope that one still works), you get to avoid the snipers and the cleaners that roam around the entrance

fr0st

Banned
Could somebody tell me when they get a good roll on something so I can log on? How come it never happens that way? Lol

This is so stupid to say "CONFIRMED" but so many people buy it and run with it. Crazy
The chances of getting the same gear with the same stats all around is so astronomically low that I believe that it works when you open it instead of when it dropped.

EL CUCO

The chances of getting the same gear with the same stats all around is so astronomically low that I believe that it works when you open it instead of when it dropped.
Definitely gonna put this to the test tonight lol such a small sample size to say confirmed tho. Hopefully more people will test it now.

Edit: the more I think about it, the less I care. Nothing is truly random in computers. Even if someone does crack the pattern, Massive will change it. Eh.

Also guys if you're in the DZ, report on how many purple sealed caches are drooping for you now. Before the maintenance yesterday, they were dropping like candy. Personally, I got 2-3 from each landmark clear and had 5-6 in each extraction.

Now, they are dropping rarely. Maybe 2-3 per hour / extraction. Test it out.

Definitely gonna put this to the test tonight lol such a small sample size to say confirmed tho. Hopefully more people will test it now.

Edit: the more I think about it, the less I care. Nothing is truly random in computers. Even if someone does crack the pattern, Massive will change it. Eh.

There is definitely something about the drops and rolls on certain days, it just can't be RNG.

Last week I had 5 HE weapons drop with skilled as the innate talent. FIVE. That's so rare you're lucky to get 1 with that as the free talent.

Also I craft 10 HE m1a's every couple of days, there are always 2 talents that seem to roll way more often than others on particular days.

well shit, whats a good time to roll gear mods?

I rolled a bunch of stamina mods today and majority of rolls had + health. So, not today :p

TsuWave

just got a 204 aug with vicious, responsive and fierce as 3rd talent. would've been nice if it had deadly or brutal instead of vicious. i'm gonna keep it and try it with a striker build since its a crit hit machine and all

GazzaGSi

I know it was mentioned recently previously in the thread and at the time I couldn't tell the difference where people were saying gearset drops in the dz have dried up abit.

Well challenge mode Lexington certainly has. Before I'd get a gearset frequently like 1 every other run through it and sometimes even 2 at once.

Today I ran Lexington CM 10 times as I needed the credits and thought I'd do it 10 times for the weekly phoenix credits rewards and I didnt get 1 gearset item, all were yellows. Something has definitely changed and I'm now agreeing with those that noticed this before me. 10 times on the bounce, not 1 gear set item :(

edukate

So the consensus is to time stamp when we open caches with good loot in the DZ? If that's the case, let me know if anyone cracks open a 240 tactician backpack cache :)

I know it was mentioned recently previously in the thread and at the time I couldn't tell the difference where people were saying gearset drops in the dz have dried up abit.

Well challenge mode Lexington certainly has. Before I'd get a gearset frequently like 1 every other run through it and sometimes even 2 at once.

Today I ran Lexington CM 10 times as I needed the credits and thought I'd do it 10 times for the weekly phoenix credits rewards and I didnt get 1 gearset item, all were yellows. Something has definitely changed and I'm now agreeing with those that noticed this before me. 10 times on the bounce, not 1 gear set item :(

RNG baby. Personally I've not had a single gear set drop from CM missions since 1.1.

Also I wasted 3 million credits re-rolling 1 stat on a piece of armor because every roll would end up the same stat value. 3 fucking million, even after using the recalibration bug to avoid the cost of each roll going up.

So the consensus is to time stamp when we open caches with good loot in the DZ? If that's the case, let me know if anyone cracks open a 240 tactician backpack cache :)

lol, after you left I opened my 3 caches and 2 of them were Tactician backpacks.

GazzaGSi

RNG baby. Personally I've not had a single gear set drop from CM missions since 1.1.

Also I wasted 3 million credits re-rolling 1 stat on a piece of armor because every roll would end up the same stat value. 3 fucking million, even after using the recalibration bug to avoid the cost of each roll going up.

Since the loot quality drop rate was increased in 1.2, CM was my go to for gear set items as they were that frequent.

I know your pain with the recal station, that's why I was running CM Lex to build my credits back up. The increase per roll could do with a bit of a tweak so it's not as expensive.

TsuWave

its not just rng. they def dialed down the green caches drop rate hence the abundance of pistols and lmgs and its not just one or two people that noticed that. its a substantial number of people corroborating it.

marco posted the info on reddit and it got deleted twice, he speaks about it here around minute mark 33:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tX7QLm5D_5Q

my personal experience and that of my friends is the same, we were actually talking about how hard the green caches had suddenly become to come by and pistols where everywhere a day before the stealth "crit chance nerf" and by extension "drop rate nerf" infos came out.

cuco posted a dataminer that said he checked the files and there didn't seem to be a change, but that same person edited their post upon a substantial number of people questioning the info and said he wasn't sure his info was correct and later edited their post further when confirmation that client files aren't carrying the most updated info of the game.

edit - massive, more speifically, yannick said they didn't nerf. but i find it hard to take their word at face value. this is what happens when you do a lot of stuff without communicating.

Data mines are irrelevant. There is so much data server side that no players have access too. Also a lot of client side stuff was moved over to server side after 1.1

Marco got the community testing his theories and he's been spot on with all his predictions till date.

TsuWave

exactly. that is why i'm more inclined to believe marco and my own experience and that of my friends and a substantial number of people, than to believe "its just bad rng".

Definitely RNG as I get GS drops 50% of the time from CM missions.

Used 3.5 million credits yesterday rolling a single stat on one piece of gear.

Massive really needs to have 214 and 240 High-end drops with unique talents like the current HE gear. Even with Gear Set bonuses and using multiple pieces from different sets the character building game will/has become a bit stale. Adding HE pieces with the current/new talents in combination with the current GS bonuses makes it much more interesting. Take another cue from Diablo 3, please.

You can do this now, obviously, but I want higher rated stats and whatnot which is what the higher rated gear score items are supposed to have.

lol, after you left I opened my 3 caches and 2 of them were Tactician backpacks.

What recalibration bug? Sounds interesting. Is there a way for me to spend less credits than the population of a small county to recalibrate one goddamn stat on one goddamn item, and I don't know about it?

What recalibration bug? Sounds interesting. Is there a way for me to spend less credits than the population of a small county to recalibrate one goddamn stat on one goddamn item, and I don't know about it?

Only works on consoles. After you re-roll, just select any roll but don't select okay/cancel from the confirmation dialog, just back out by using the options menu. You can then re-roll for the initial cost instead of the higher cost.

deadduck

Only works on consoles. After you re-roll, just select any roll but don't select okay/cancel from the confirmation dialog, just back out by using the options menu. You can then re-roll for the initial cost instead of the higher cost.

They've patched the back out. You can be kicked from a party though.

EL CUCO

I had to recalibrate a Final Measure holster last night for armor. After the 4th roll, I was beginning to think it was just the wrong day to get that attribute...until it finally rolled on the 5th try. Rip credits tho 😂

Crap, I'm on PC. Looks like I still have to take out a mortgage or sell a kidney on the black market every time I want to recalibrate something.

When you say back out, are you saying log out, I'm not understanding.

Anybody on Xbox up to try Macrostyle guide for Clear Sky Incursion

https://youtu.be/EGCx_Xm2H6Y

I will be online around 9-9:30pm EST

If his method is effective I have the time to run about 2-3 runs. I need three more 240 Hunter's Faith pieces.

Add MythicReclaimer if you want as I'd like to give that strat a go. I will probably run my normal 200K DPS, 450K Toughness (75% Armor Mitigation), and 25K Skill Power build although I will switch to Smart Cover. You will need to add a Tank build to move the fuses.

I wonder if Final Measure gear is required to stay alive on top that building. If so I'll have to see what kind of build I can put together with two pieces of Final Measure gear.

Edit: I can do 160K DPS, 460K Toughness w/max armor, and 26K Skill Power with 2 pieces of Final Measure gear for the +50% Exotic Damage Resilience. I'll probably switch to it once the first part is completed.

Two of us opened green sealed cache at the same time.

Backpack of the Nomad each.
623 and 624 electronics.
500 and 485 armor.
13% Burn resistance each.
Only the minor stats were different.

Massive pls.

GazzaGSi

Two of us opened green sealed cache at the same time.

Backpack of the Nomad each.
623 and 624 electronics.
500 and 485 armor.
13% Burn resistance each.
Only the minor stats were different.

Massive pls.

Need that time and day of a sentry backpack or holster that's better than the 2 pieces I have :)

Add MythicReclaimer if you want as I'd like to give that strat a go. I will probably run my normal 200K DPS, 450K Toughness (75% Armor Mitigation), and 25K Skill Power build although I will switch to Smart Cover. You will need to add a Tank build to move the fuses.

I wonder if Final Measure gear is required to stay alive on top that building. If so I'll have to see what kind of build I can put together with two pieces of Final Measure gear.

Edit: I can do 160K DPS, 460K Toughness w/max armor, and 26K Skill Power with 2 pieces of Final Measure gear for the +50% Exotic Damage Resilience. I'll probably switch to it once the first part is completed.

Friend Request sent. My gamertag is Believemeustink, like said I'll be online around 9-9:30 at the latest. I have a Tactic build I can run. I mainly switch between 4 Hunter's Faith/ 2 Sentry's Call(defensive/ high toughness) or 4 Sentry's Call/ 2 Hunter's Faith(offensive/high DPS)

Friend Request sent. My gamertag is Believemeustink, like said I'll be online around 9-9:30 at the latest. I have a Tactic build I can run. I mainly switch between 4 Hunter's Faith/ 2 Sentry's Call(defensive/ high toughness) or 4 Sentry's Call/ 2 Hunter's Faith(offensive/high DPS)

Will add, looking forward to it. Just tested CM Clear Sky a bit with a random group with varying results to say the least. I seemed to be able to stay alive on top the sniper's nest building but my teammates could not. All using/spamming First-Aid w/Overdose and Smart Cover. Final Measure seems like a must.

I've completed HM Clear Sky probably in the range of 150 times and during an initial run with the same group we used the Marco CM strat just as a test and it was ridiculously easy so if anyone needs help or a strat for HM it works there as well.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
DZ03 reset more dissapointment. 2 LMGs and old blueprints which I can't say since I already own them.

Checking base now.

Top Bottom