• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

deafmedal

Also guys if you're in the DZ, report on how many purple sealed caches are drooping for you now. Before the maintenance yesterday, they were dropping like candy. Personally, I got 2-3 from each landmark clear and had 5-6 in each extraction.

Now, they are dropping rarely. Maybe 2-3 per hour / extraction. Test it out.

Ran for about 3-4 hours last night and saw ~20 purple sealed caches, 3-4 teal and 2-3 gold. Seemed normal to me. Also had several M1As and M44s- all with shitty perks :p
Last weekend I got my AUG with Stable/Destructive/Brutal on Saturday night so maybe I'll get good talent drops tonight!
suuuurrreee

Also, I don't like you folks with lotsa crafters :mad:

How accurate is the 180 gear score recommendation for Incursions? Am I going to go in at 180 and just get destroyed or is it actually ok?

Although if its anything like Destiny most LFG will likely be Hard More Incursion, GS200+.

Hard Incursion is fine, problem is if you're going to matchmake, people may kick you out seeing your GS :p

Try to be the leader while matchmaking, look at some videos before going in so you know what to do and use skills that support the team if your dps is low.

PC unfortunately, thanks though!

I thought about getting it on PS4 but I don't think I can handle doing 100% everything again(Sides, encounters, collectables etc)

C'mon mate, some players have 4 alts, you can't make one more? ;)

@deathjr no one on, it'll be easier when America has woken up and others are on.

Yeah no worries.

Hard Incursion is fine, problem is if you're going to matchmake, people may kick you out seeing your GS :p

C'mon mate, some players have 4 alts, you can't make one more? ;)

That's what I figured lol. RIP.

And don't tempt me!

EDIT: Solo DZ05 is hard. Takes me a fair while to clear a group. If anyone came by and decided to go rogue on me I would have no chance.

Drops were damn fine for me yesterday. Got a 240 Striker backpack with 1,k+ armor and a lot of keys from mobs, I think I got like 8 keys in 1 hour of play, something that never happened to me. Sometimes I play 4, 5 hours and get no keys at all.

Do you guys think Massive might buff the chest loot to something other than useless 163GS crap?
I have 130+ keys so I open every chest I see anyway for the DZ funds and the gear mods which I deconstruct for those sweet HE electronics.

Minimaul

Does anyone know if 4pc Final measure defuses sticky bombs?

I played around with a 4pc set a few days ago and it doesn't really work the way we/I want it to. To activate the defuse part you have to cause damage with any type of grenade. Then a little icon pops-ups that counts down, cause it is only active for a minute or so. If someone throws a grenade then you can just sit there and the big red circle turns green for a second and you get an extra grenade. However, you must cause grenade damage before it'll work. I was thinking it would be good for PvE stuff (WarrenGate, for example), but with the amount of grenades you have to huck, just to have it active, just to possible tank a grenade hit is annoying. It's easier to just move and do actual damage. As to actually defusing sticky bombs... I doubt it. Even if if did you'd have to give grenade damage to the player before it would work and once it worked once, you'd have to huck another grenade and do damage again.

deafmedal

I have exactly 0 friends who play this game. Sorry to shit up the thread with a post like this but...add me on PS4! Name: CartmanPat
Ain't shittin' up, all the gaffers on all platforms should add each other up so we always have folks to play with, especially with the DZ changes making solo play much more frustrating. I'll add ya up 😊

Eventually I have to start culling my FL from the other D game, too many folks I can't remember 😨

EL CUCO

I have exactly 0 friends who play this game. Sorry to shit up the thread with a post like this but...add me on PS4! Name: CartmanPat
I just sent you a FR.
Ain't shittin' up, all the gaffers on all platforms should add each other up so we always have folks to play with, especially with the DZ changes making solo play much more frustrating. I'll add ya up 😊

Eventually I have to start culling my FL from the other D game, too many folks I can't remember 😨
I re added you Deafmedal. I had to purge some of the other "other D" game guys a while back when BO3 FL wasnt working with over 100 friends. I think you were one of them. Sorry! Lol

Eventually I have to start culling my FL from the other D game, too many folks I can't remember ��

True, just yesterday I purged some dude called deafmedal.

Add me on PSN: ruthlesbarbarian

Happy to help out with Incursions, HVT's, DZ etc.

Sumidor

Anyone having problems with falling through the ground? I keep trying to walk into the BoO and then I fall through the street and die.

This is PS4 version.

Xbudz

Q21Ip7x.jpg

This must be the bus that The Division devs took to programming school.

Very....interesting way to code a loot system.

This reminds me of that bug that was found when their code had a day of the month that didn't exist so no daily missions etc activated for that day. Unless there was a specific reason for making the loot system that way, they made it so much harder for themselves.

vivftp

Ok, did they stealth buff scavaging? I know in a recent live stream they mentioned that scavaging is still good for getting better quality drops from material crates, so I decided to give it a test. Now I've done this exact test many times in the past couple of months, but this is the first time it's actually seemed to do something.

I'm running 223% scavaging and so far from about 10 minutes of testing I'm getting 80-90% chance of getting a gold from each material location on the map I've visited. I'm going to keep testing it out, but I figured I might as well post it in case anyone else wants to try as well.

fr0st

Banned
Ok, did they stealth buff scavaging? I know in a recent live stream they mentioned that scavaging is still good for getting better quality drops from material crates, so I decided to give it a test. Now I've done this exact test many times in the past couple of months, but this is the first time it's actually seemed to do something.

I'm running 223% scavaging and so far from about 10 minutes of testing I'm getting 80-90% chance of getting a gold from each material location on the map I've visited. I'm going to keep testing it out, but I figured I might as well post it in case anyone else wants to try as well.

i think they mentioned it in the state of the game but also said that scavenging still needs improvement so that you actually get better gear frop drops.

vivftp

Aaaaaaand just like that, the drop rate went back to shit. Not a single gold after my last post.

This actually fits into another theory I had some time back. What if scavaging has a built in timer of some sort? I've noticed more than once that once I equip all my scavaging gear and begin a farming run for materials that I'd have great luck at first and get plenty of golds (this is the only time I've ever gotten 2-3 golds from a single chest), but then it'd quickly go back to shit. It always seemed to work right at the beginning. So maybe scavaging will only apply for a certain amount of time once you open a mat crate, or it'll only apply to a certain amount of crates in a given time period?

vivftp

Interesting times in the Dark Zone. Matchmade with some random guys and the leader was the biggest DZ troll I've encountered to date. The moment we encountered any other agents, be it a single person or 6 guys he'd begin chasing after them, taking pot shots with his pistol to try and agitate them into going rogue. He'd do this for several minutes and in almost every instance they'd fall for it, go rogue and we'd end up wiping them out. If they didn't fall for it, then he'd just go rogue on them and we'd wipe them out anyways. It got to the point where all we were doing was running around looking to pick a fight with others who were just minding their own business. Near the end I felt a bit guilty at dicking around with others who were trying to do their own thing. At the very end he chased down a group of 6 who extracted and just wanted to leave, but since he kept taking pot shots at them they couldn't. After about 5 minutes of pot shots and all of us just looking at each other our leader went rogue and we wiped them out.

Afterwards I'd had enough of messing around with others and went my own way. Gotta say though it was pretty damned effective. Got a ton of DZ funds, XP and keys in just an hour.

EL CUCO

so random != random anymore?
It's random as random computer generated RNG could be. All RNG has an algorithm. What Massive needs to do is make the simultaneous group opening of caches the same as a when a boss drops loot so they'll be different.

vivftp

Dang, well I can confirm that gold Div Tech caps out at 999 like all the other mats. Sucks to know that everytime I do anything in the DZ or open a cache that the Div Tech will be going to waste :(

TsuWave

current pvp meta makes me miss the "sentry galore, 0.2 seconds time to kill" meta before 1.2, and that is saying something.

really struggling to enjoy the game right now. its such a mess. fights take insanely long, its pretty much run around and wait for sticky+heals, you see teams of 4 not being able to down one guy, and there's no "stamina bar" or cooldown so players keep doing that combat roll over and over and over again when close to each other and it just makes the game look stupid.

they increased armor and decreased the ways by which people dealt damage and its just so bad right now.

vivftp

93% drop in player base. RIP

52533_01_divisions-player-count-dropped-gigantic-93-launch_full.png

I've honestly just been playing because I like grinding away to collect more resources. It was the same with Destiny - I put in over 1700 hours, but closer to the end I just kept playing to amass a ton of resources because I'm a video game hoarder :)

The game is fun and can have fun moments, but you can only do it so many times before it gets boring. I'll likely be going strong on The Division for a while, but once Rise of Iron hits on Destiny, I don't know how much I'll be touching this game.

Top Bottom