• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

Klyka

Banned
You gotta wonder why a lot of people still hang out in the Division subreddit when literally every single thing they say is negative.

Is it some form of masochism?
Do they just enjoy never saying a single positive thing?

Like, if you really hate something so much, why not just leave?

Tawpgun

I'm assuming survival will have an SP portion to it though. I just hope the dz update to it will be awesome.

Hopefully they can do something about the pvp combat because it is complete trash lol.

Ashtar

Underground is exactly what I thought it would be which is actually pretty cool in concept at least, what's the deal with heroic? Harder than challenging? Glad that more missions are being added to challenge mode, seethe you finally going to release all missions on challenge mode?

GazzaGSi

Anyone fancy FL CM shortly? Looking to upgrade my 214 sentry backpack or holster to a 240 as my current items have pretty low scale attributes.

I'm a 236.9k/378.4k/17.8k player on Xbox one looking to upgrade some Sentry/Striker gear by trying Falcon's Lost Challenging mode. Completed hard mode many, many times, looking for an experienced crew to walk me through Challenging. I run pulse + overheal with all the usual healing talents like triage.

Gamertag: shawnoftheshred

fr0st

Banned
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfiY2r_flKg also shows the underground thing, new weapons, directives and more.

229 GS weapons confirmed.

1.3 weapon balancing

SMGs losing natural critical hit chance bonus for critical hit damage

ARs now get bonus armor damage (only applies to PvE lol)

LMGs get 30% bonus damage to targets out of cover (applies to both PvE and PvP)

Shotguns get more stagger (only applies to PvE lol)

also new weapon talents.

FAKE EDIT: MORE NEW STUFF BUT ITS IN FRENCH https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ChA0HxshRs

fr0st

Banned
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLUrq5ecZRo

all new gear sets

BLIND (2) +100% Pulse critical hit damage (3) +100% blind/deaf resistance (4) Killing a target creates a flashbang effect at that position.
FireCrest (2) +3 Incendinary Bullets Capacity (3) +100% Reload Speed (4) Killing a burning target grants incidenary bullets for 10 seconds.
FrontLine (2) +300% Ballistic shield health (3) +100% Ballistic shield resilience (4) Allows use of an equipped SMG while Ballistic shield is deployed.

higher gear scores: 268 Gearset. 229 weapons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLUrq5ecZRo

all new gear sets

BLIND (2) +100% Pulse critical hit damage (3) +100% blind/deaf resistance (4) Killing a target creates a flashbang effect at that position.
FireCrest (2) +3 Incendinary Bullets Capacity (3) +100% Reload Speed (4) Killing a burning target grants incidenary bullets for 10 seconds.
FrontLine (2) +300% Ballistic shield health (3) +100% Ballistic shield resilience (4) Allows use of an equipped SMG while Ballistic shield is deployed.

higher gear scores: 268 Gearset. 229 weapons.

Also, the BLIND gear set gets a unique Battle Rifle to go with the set as well. You can see it in the French youtube vid it has a new talent as well Distracted - - your damage is increased by 100% against blind/deaf targets

Hoping this means all the other gear sets receive a unique weapon as well with an exclusive talent.

fr0st

Banned
also forgot about directives

stolen from reddit

Directives are basically additive "modifiers" that can help/challenge you in the Underground Operation (mission).
There are 5 directives.
1) Fog Of War: The mini-map is disabled. Directional threat indicators do not show targets unless pulsed or marked. Target indicators are only visible while the target is under the reticle.
2) Waste Not Want Not: Rounds left in a magazine while reloading are lost. Enemies do not drop ammo. Starting ammo count is reduced.
3) Mad Skills: Using a skill resets the cooldown on the other equipped skill. Using a signature skill resets the cooldown on signature skills for other group members.
4) Special Forces: Enemy rounds, may be of special ammo types. The type of ammo depends on the enemy faction.
5) Sickness: Health drains at a constant rate while above 1 segment. Lost health may be healed as normal. Health in the last segment regenerates as normal.

After completing an Underground Operation - you get XP based on normal xp for completing mission, and additive XP depending on which directives you use. As shown here: https://gyazo.com/f41419aad39271891df0c73687fa209d
Directive intel can be dropped from underground caches and bosses.

Ashtar

Changes seem really nice but man I need to get my gear score up! But stuff is ultra whack man! I need to do the incursions and get my fight weight up to 200 at least, problem is my old crew disbanded and renounced the division affiliation and it's hard out here for a lone agent

phierce

Any new PS4 agents leveling up/looking for DZ teammates? Just picked it up over the weekend. Been lone wolf'n it thus far - about to be level 17, probably close to 20 tonight.

Frontline gear set looks amazing, running around with tank build and super strong ballistic shield + smg has been what I've been wanting forever.

Good thing that DZ is dropping so many LMG's I guess, start hoarding well rolled, high-dmg LMG's for the patch. Assault rifles will be weakest class of weapon after the update.

New Heroic difficulty = more mobs and more aggressive AI.

fr0st

Banned
Frontline gear set looks amazing, running around with tank build and super strong ballistic shield + smg has been what I've been wanting forever.

Good thing that DZ is dropping so many LMG's I guess, start hoarding well rolled, high-dmg LMG's for the patch. Assault rifles will be weakest class of weapon after the update.

New Heroic difficulty = more mobs and more aggressive AI.
Would be interesting if the shield can go past the skill cap. If it doesn't the first and second bonus is use
ESS for high skill power builds. Also wondering if they're gonna finally fix all the glitches with it.

Heroic difficulty also has lvl 35 enemies in them. I'm assuming that's only for the DLC though.

Any new PS4 agents leveling up/looking for DZ teammates? Just picked it up over the weekend. Been lone wolf'n it thus far - about to be level 17, probably close to 20 tonight.

What time zone are you? I'm 20 now, and have been playing solo thus far as well. I want to try out the DZ soon. Add me regardless: ZankFrappa.

Pat_DC

After completing an Underground Operation - you get XP based on normal xp for completing mission, and additive XP depending on which directives you use. As shown here: https://gyazo.com/f41419aad39271891df0c73687fa209d
Directive intel can be dropped from underground caches and bosses.

Just curious what you mean by xp? As in level up xp, as being a end game activity wouldn't that be useless for everyone who would be 30 anyway? Or did I miss something and there is a new xp system coming with the dlc.

Edit: Saw underground will have it's own level, I assume that it is.

EL CUCO

Underground "Dungeons" explained. He said he played a bunch of them and never saw the same layout. Notes that Massive is using hundereds of different templates.

https://youtu.be/oDTaODA0JOI

Correction on video: you do not need directive tokens to start operation "dungeon" missions. Directive tokens do drop from npc's which are then used to activate directives. Directives are additional modifiers you can select that make missions more challenging, and in turn reward more xp and better loot.

Intel token =/= Directive tokens

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Changes seem really nice but man I need to get my gear score up! But stuff is ultra whack man! I need to do the incursions and get my fight weight up to 200 at least, problem is my old crew disbanded and renounced the division affiliation and it's hard out here for a lone agent

I have found a few people to help with Incursions recently via matchmaking. I know the play population has shrunk down drastically but I have been finding many people willing to help with incursions and HVTs. Has helped me gear up big time.

I've been off the game for a little over a week now, and it feels good. All of this new stuff is going to push me back in, though. Damn. I'm glad that most of the E3 games I'm interested are coming out in 2017. This year is pack with games like this and Destiny.

TsuWave

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfiY2r_flKg also shows the underground thing, new weapons, directives and more.

229 GS weapons confirmed.

1.3 weapon balancing

SMGs losing natural critical hit chance bonus for critical hit damage

ARs now get bonus armor damage (only applies to PvE lol)

LMGs get 30% bonus damage to targets out of cover (applies to both PvE and PvP)

Shotguns get more stagger (only applies to PvE lol)

also new weapon talents.

lmg's will be beast.

the aug i'm using now has fierce and vicious activated. i'm sitting at 57% crit hit chance with only 21.5% being innate to the gun and without using a crit chance muzzle. so with the update i will be at 35.5% crit hit chance (well, misleading since vicious adds 13.5% while at full health and i lose that if injured). so booster shot+savage gloves will keep me at 50%. which is not bad, and i could always add a crit chance muzzle, all this while running 3 piece striker for the crit damage and since the 21.5% crit chance innate to the gun will turn to crit hit damage..yeah, i'm never getting rid of this gun.

hangover.jpg

TsuWave

sorry for polluting the thread guys but i just thought, for the underground dlc, the most effective DPS build would be:

3 striker + 2 blind + savage (+50% critical hit damage, +100% pulse critical hit damage, +14% critical hit chance)

that paired a god roll smg with deadly, vicious, fierce (+27% critical hit damage, +13.5% critical hit chance, +8.5% critical hit chance), and tactical link which is +50% damage buff and +20% critical hit chance + pulse

that's ridiculous. you'd melt most things in seconds. i guess i figured out my new build early (althought my smg has responsive instead of deadly)

sorry for polluting the thread guys but i just thought, for the underground dlc, the most effective DPS build would be:

3 striker + 2 blind + savage (+50% critical hit damage, +100% pulse critical hit damage, +14% critical hit chance)

that paired a god roll smg with deadly, vicious, fierce (+27% critical hit damage, +13.5% critical hit chance, +8.5% critical hit chance), and tactical link which is +50% damage buff and +20% critical hit chance + pulse

that's ridiculous. you'd melt most things in seconds. i guess i figured out my new build early (althought my smg has responsive instead of deadly)
Damn, that's a great idea :eek:

GazzaGSi

Damn, that's a great idea :eek:

Oh boy I like!

Ran Hard mode clear skies earlier acouple of times with my new build and pretty chuffed with it.
2 final measure, 4 striker - 170k dps, 500k toughness, 20k skill. The striker gear is perfect on the heavies, can get the meter to full 100% damage as they don't move that quick and then either get close to other enemies or switch to the M44 while still dealing almost an additional 100% damage.
Thats the setup I run for incursions and DZ, solo like HVT'S I'm 3 striker, 3 sentry with more dps but less toughness.
Glad I kept some 182 weapons aswell as the talents on them are still active like destructive and brutal compared to my 204 weapons where u don't have the firearms on the toughness build.

The first run on clear skies I thought we'd fail but was steady enough with the toughness build. After the no respawn point someone left and then during the fuses part another member went dead so that left 2 of us (Fr0st & I) and we handled it well. Really want to try challenge mode but either log on when guys are already grouped up or no one online lol

too bad you'll get one-shot by lvl 34-35 enemies

the new sets will make builds more interesting, there is also supposedly a 4th new set that is exclusive to DZ yet to be revealed

given that most players will play with directives for better rewards, support builds will be way more important that dps builds. my ideal build would be 4 sentry + 2 blind for a sniper build - since ammo will be scarce and wont drop from enemies, sniping + lmgs will be the way to spec for dps. run and gun with smg will be better suited to dark zone.

alternately you could spec 2 sentry/striker/tactician + 4 frontline, allowing you to run smg + ballistic shield and be a dps tank.

skill and tank build for ammo station and smart cover will be mandatory for harder difficulty dungeons with multiple directives.

TsuWave

too bad you'll get one-shot by lvl 34-35 enemies

the new sets will make builds more interesting, there is also supposedly a 4th new set that is exclusive to DZ yet to be revealed

given that most players will play with directives for better rewards, support builds will be way more important that dps builds. my ideal build would be 4 sentry + 2 blind for a sniper build - since ammo will be scarce and wont drop from enemies, sniping + lmgs will be the way to spec for dps. run and gun with smg will be better suited to dark zone.

alternately you could spec 2 sentry/striker/tactician + 4 frontline, allowing you to run smg + ballistic shield and be a dps tank.

skill and tank build for ammo station and smart cover will be mandatory for harder difficulty dungeons with multiple directives.

my gear has a good balance of stamina/armor and just enough firearms to keep some weap talents active and i wasn't talking about a pve set up. i really don't think i'll be playing much of them dungeons anyway, we'll see. i'm a dark zone guy

I'm sure you'll be done by then, but I'll be looking to do a CM or DZ run around 11:30 edt. I'm still lacking good 240 striker/sentry gear

PSN: birdman1702

Drop rates are pretty lame, week after week it's just a sentry/striker harness or tactician kneepads I don't need. Still on the lookout for holster and backpack to enhance my build, but they never drop. Or if they do, they drop for someone else as the weekly reward and can't be traded. Sigh..

Dark zone is nothing but nomads. Feels like farming for mats/credits all over again :(

Top Bottom