• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

Drop rates are pretty lame, week after week it's just a sentry/striker harness or tactician kneepads I don't need. Still on the lookout for holster and backpack to enhance my build, but they never drop. Or if they do, they drop for someone else as the weekly reward and can't be traded. Sigh..

Dark zone is nothing but nomads. Feels like farming for mats/credits all over again :(

Dat APC OHKO smh

EL CUCO

Dat APC OHKO smh
We must never speak of that moment.
iz7xl3H.gif

fr0st

Banned
https://youtu.be/e5MPZHfAlz0

Final gear set for 1.3
"Reclaimer"

2 Set Bonus
+100% Support Station Healing Speed
3 Set Bonus
+50% Consumables Duration
4 Set Bonus
Consumables and special ammo use applies to the whole group and no longer consumes inventory.

xclaw

I'm so frustrated right now.

Trying to do a 4 piece Lone Star, 2 piece Sentry (240s) and with 331 toughness and 75% mitigation I'm still just being shredded like wet paper in PvP and PvE. I can barely stay above cover to empty a quarter of the LMG clip. It's not the exotic dmg either, it's the AR/SMG and Shotgunners just melting me with a few bullets.

Anyone even attempting this build or should I shelf it until 1.3?

AYS

Neo Member
I'm so frustrated right now.

Trying to do a 4 piece Lone Star, 2 piece Sentry (240s) and with 331 toughness and 75% mitigation I'm still just being shredded like wet paper in PvP and PvE. I can barely stay above cover to empty a quarter of the LMG clip. It's not the exotic dmg either, it's the AR/SMG and Shotgunners just melting me with a few bullets.

Anyone even attempting this build or should I shelf it until 1.3?

I would shelve any good LMG's for the next patch as they just don't do enough damage right now.

It's very hard to actually use the 4 piece lone star bonus in the highest tier of content. It's pretty much just a fire rate boost all the time.

Where's the best place to learn about DZ levels?

Myself and my brother were playing last night but he couldn't join the DZ I was in as his gear lvl was above 160. He got rid of some things in order to join and his lvl was 159. I'm level 30 and DZ level 23 with a gear lvl of 90.

We literally got torn a new one with DZlvl 99's. He and a few others were able to take us out with ease. Not even a whole clip of a sub machine gun, for example, and they were taking in damage like it was nothing. IT seems we bump into these people all the time.

What I'm asking, is how do these people join the same DZ as us, yet their gear lvl must have been waaaaay over 160. I at least thought that my brother being at the highest level for the zone we were in would stand a chance, but nope.

deafmedal

Where's the best place to learn about DZ levels?

Myself and my brother were playing last night but he couldn't join the DZ I was in as his gear lvl was above 160. He got rid of some things in order to join and his lvl was 159. I'm level 30 and DZ level 23 with a gear lvl of 90.

We literally got torn a new one with DZlvl 99's. He and a few others were able to take us out with ease. Not even a whole clip of a sub machine gun, for example, and they were taking in damage like it was nothing. IT seems we bump into these people all the time.

What I'm asking, is how do these people join the same DZ as us, yet their gear lvl must have been waaaaay over 160. I at least thought that my brother being at the highest level for the zone we were in would stand a chance, but nope.
Dudes be dumping their stuffs on alts to get into the lower DZ brackets so as to troll folks, sounds like y'all are victims of such, or your brother didn't really get rid of stuff to lower the DZ rank (putting in stash still counts toward GS)- even still, if you were in the 163+ DZ you were probably still being trolled. Nature of the beast, sadly.

wow, that 4 piece bonus will break dark zone

expect this to be nerfed
No kidding, hopefully us PS4 players will get to experience this before nerf. I reckon they'll take that last part of the 4 piece away- no consuming??! 0_o

FLAguy954

wow, that 4 piece bonus will break dark zone

expect this to be nerfed

It won't be nerfed because special ammo has a cooldown so it's balanced imo.

I already have an idea of what my new build will be: 2 piece BLIND (for 100+ Pulse CHD), 4 piece Sentry, and the Precision talent for continuous pulse. I will become an M1A god with this combination (15-45% damage increase to +100 Pulse CHD means I'll probably crit for >2 million just with the Precision-based Pulse).

It won't be nerfed because special ammo has a cooldown so it's balanced imo.

I already have an idea of what my new build will be: 2 piece BLIND (for 100+ Pulse CHD), 4 piece Sentry, and the Precision talent for continuous pulse. I will become an M1A god with this combination (15-45% damage increase to +100 Pulse CHD means I'll probably crit for >2 million just with the Precision-based Pulse).
If it isn't nerfed, the meta will likely be gear sets of this and gear sets of resilience. Because 3-4 players using explosive or incendiary bullets is going to down anyone very, very quickly...

EL CUCO

I already started working on my EDR build. Got up to 75% last night on 4pc Sentry/Striker 2pc Final measure. Just need to get my toughness up to about 500. Hanging around 410 right now.

How do you guys find the time to create an alt character? Damn I play the game every time I have the chance and I'm level 92 now, but I can't imagine going through all of it again. :|

How do you guys find the time to create an alt character? Damn I play the game every time I have the chance and I'm level 92 now, but I can't imagine going through all of it again. :|

I suppose you could just run the story missions on normal difficulty and do some side missions and get to level 30 pretty fast. If you mean DZ rank, I see no reason to have a second character above DZ rank 1. The only benefit is buying stuff from the DZ vendors and you can do that with your main character, the alt could just be the "I don't care if I die in the DZ" character.

deadduck

Took me about 15-20 hours for an alt to get to 30, can probably do it quicker, but never again.

Side missions is where it is at and goes quick when you clear areas. You don't need to grind DZ again.

Took me about 15-20 hours for an alt to get to 30, can probably do it quicker, but never again.

Side missions is where it is at and goes quick when you clear areas. You don't need to grind DZ again.

I recently created an alt for a skill/tank build. I completed everything there was to do in the game and it took me 24 hours. By everything I mean everything (all story missions, all encounters, side missions, incursions, etc). It's a real slog from like level 5-25.

I suppose you could just run the story missions on normal difficulty and do some side missions and get to level 30 pretty fast. If you mean DZ rank, I see no reason to have a second character above DZ rank 1. The only benefit is buying stuff from the DZ vendors and you can do that with your main character, the alt could just be the "I don't care if I die in the DZ" character.

Oh, really? I had no idea. So every item is shared between chars?

Oh, really? I had no idea. So every item is shared between chars?

The stash is shared, so basically yes.
I do the CM incursions and the weekly HVTs twice a week to get double rewards by putting all my best gear in the stash and taking it out with my alt,
then putting it back to spend the rest of the week ranking up in the DZ with my main character.
Also, FIY, phoenix credits are shared between all characters, while DZ funds, normal orange credits, blueprints and intel are not.

HMD

Time exclusivity for a game like The Division is so incredibly short-sighted by Ubisoft. A game driven by a community, should always have a shared experience otherwise you're killing a huge part of your playerbase.

Time exclusivity for a game like The Division is so incredibly short-sighted by Ubisoft. A game driven by a community, should always have a shared experience otherwise you're killing a huge part of your playerbase.

Yeah. They already lost a lot of the player base on PC... I wouldn't be shocked if the same happened with the PS4 now.

EL CUCO

They always said Dragon’s Nest was included in Underground. They only thing they mentioned about being free was the 3 tom clancy outfits, heroic difficulty, and 2 new challenge mode missions.

nah they specifically said incursions will be free for everyone

Xbox One players will have 30-day exclusive early access to Underground and Survival, although Incursions, Conflict, and Last Stand will debut on all platforms simultaneously.

this is from ubi blog

EL CUCO

nah they specifically said incursions will be free for everyone

this is from ubi blog
Last Stand is the 3rd DLC expansion.

Edit: Ah I see what you mean. Do you have the link? Everything I've read coming out of E3 was pretty clear about DN being a part of Underground.

Edit #2: Frost got it right. 1.1 was named "Incursions"

EL CUCO

DZ03 has the 204 Tactical AUG BP
Rank 75
212,876 DZ funds

Edit: and the FW M1A! (I couldn't see it, because I already had it)

GazzaGSi

M1A as well or no?

As well.

Only have the funds for 1 so time to grind some dz credits.

Some will say not to buy with higher Gearscore weapons coming but I rocked with my 163 M1A up until last week as I never got anything better to replace it with even compared to 204 M1A's I picked up in the DZ.

Best way for credits just kill npc's and open as many stash crates as possible? Do higher level npc's drop more dz credits? Never really noticed before but now I'm interested to know :p

Already had both blueprints from when they were first sold, crafted a ton of augs and m1as but till today have not been able to get a roll that suited my build. Good luck guys :p

Use perceptive talent on HE kneepads to get extra DZ funds.

fr0st

Banned
Decent 204 mask at BoO with rehabilitated and skill power...useful if your running tanktician since you get healed a lot when you get disabled.

Pat_DC

Sweet, I'll be on in 5 minutes.

Just wanted to thank you, Gazza & Dave for running me through both incursions for the first time. Appreciated how patient (that final bomb wipe!) you guys were and explaining everything as well as sharing loot. Was good fun.

GazzaGSi

Just wanted to thank you, Gazza & Dave for running me through both incursions for the first time. Appreciated how patient (that final bomb wipe!) you guys were and explaining everything as well as sharing loot. Was good fun.

No problem Pat, enjoyed it.
Hope you've been able to improve on your gear and toughness abit with the new items.

Spent a fair bit of time playing last weekend trying to catch up after not playing for a few months, just broke 201 GS the last time I played during the week. Not sure if I should continue now or just wait for the update as I assume most lower end gear will be quickly replaced.

darkwing

Spent a fair bit of time playing last weekend trying to catch up after not playing for a few months, just broke 201 GS the last time I played during the week. Not sure if I should continue now or just wait for the update as I assume most lower end gear will be quickly replaced.

it depends where you are playing, August 2 for the PS4

Top Bottom