• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

Just wanted to thank you, Gazza & Dave for running me through both incursions for the first time. Appreciated how patient (that final bomb wipe!) you guys were and explaining everything as well as sharing loot. Was good fun.

No worries, happy to help. Find some more gear sets and get a good build going.

Ted

I wondered aloud after watching the Survival trailer, is there any chance this is a start off gearless multiplayer mode perhaps in the style of TLoU Factions?..

Last night I was playing with a friend and we decided we'd just farm the DZ for mats and goodies from the bosses/supply drops. But since we were in 2, we decided to look for an empty server. Dude. We ended up in one. Then 2 other pals joined us and we played for 5 or 6h straight without ANYONE in the server. I swear, we didn't see a single player in all this time we were there! Hahah. It was nice, we got so much stuff lol

GazzaGSi

Last night I was playing with a friend and we decided we'd just farm the DZ for mats and goodies from the bosses/supply drops. But since we were in 2, we decided to look for an empty server. Dude. We ended up in one. Then 2 other pals joined us and we played for 5 or 6h straight without ANYONE in the server. I swear, we didn't see a single player in all this time we were there! Hahah. It was nice, we got so much stuff lol

Nice, wouldn't mind that myself lol
Last night I just quickly jumped on to go buy a blueprint and DZ03 was like a rogue revolution around the safe house, complete mayhem. There was a good dozen plus agents most rogue and 1 group manhunt. I had a pop shot at acouple from distance but didn't have the time to fully engage. Probably saved myself alot of XP from dying anyway :)

GazzaGSi

Well that was a cool afternoon in the darkzone. Entered at checkpoint 03 to get to the safe house for the blueprint and straight outside the checkpoint door a guy was pressed back from npc's. Helped him clear them out and he added me so we teamed up for abit. I went and got the M1A blueprint and decided to work on getting creds for the Aug (need 180k ish). Exited the safe house and the other guy had got 2 more people to join so we started clearing landmarks as you do until rogues on the map appeared who we gave chase to.

Cut a long story short, these guys were on manhunt and we'd kill them, we'd do our own thing again and then there'd be a manhunt again shortly after and we'd kill them again.

By the end of it all I'd ranked up 2 levels and got nearly 90k in credits. Wish I could've stayed to carry on but tea was ready.
We must've all been running 2 final measure because the rogues were using the sticky bomb method but was only taking 1 to 1.5 health blocks off. We'd heal, pulse, smart cover and they'd get pretty ripped up. I lost a sealed cache once which was unfortunate as i got caught from behind when a dead rogue respawned. Fortunately a team mate managed to get it so I was more than happy, especially for all the XP and credits I'd been getting with the help of these guys.

EL CUCO

Got a decent 240 Strikers gloves with 490 armor as a boss drop from the 30 intel weekly HVT. Pleasantly surprised to get something other than selling material.

GazzaGSi

I think I need a time away from the game. Sometimes I'm working but thinking of when I'll play the game again. lol

I know what you mean mate, I think I'm around 16 days in now and whenever I get free time I'm either on it or checking reddit and youtube about it whether it be other people's gameplay or watching builds that people have done etc.

It certainly has its issues but I haven't come across anything that broken in the game that has ruined it for me and enjoy most of my time on it when I get chance to play.

It's the first real social game I've played too. Normally I either game solo or just with randoms in a squad on Battlefield 4. This is probably the first game I've played where I'm active on the headset, in party chats etc and met some great people through it.

The slow down in this thread has been a bit disappointing but understandable that people have moved on.

I know what you mean mate, I think I'm around 16 days in now and whenever I get free time I'm either on it or checking reddit and youtube about it whether it be other people's gameplay or watching builds that people have done etc.

It certainly has its issues but I haven't come across anything that broken in the game that has ruined it for me and enjoy most of my time on it when I get chance to play.

It's the first real social game I've played too. Normally I either game solo or just with randoms in a squad on Battlefield 4. This is probably the first game I've played where I'm active on the headset, in party chats etc and met some great people through it.

The slow down in this thread has been a bit disappointing but understandable that people have moved on.

I'm on the same boat, first 'social' game I play too haha :D

The game breaking bugs were only in the first month or so. Unfortunately most people just moved on once they faced the cheaters in the DZ. :/

EL CUCO

Used matchmaking at CM FL for science. First group couldn't even make it to the pit. 2nd group was team first try. Neither of the groups had a single mic. GG

Got a decent 240 Strikers gloves with 490 armor as a boss drop from the 30 intel weekly HVT. Pleasantly surprised to get something other than selling material.

Same, I got 240 sentry gloves with great stats from HVT boss drop.

In fact, 3 or the 4 weekly HVT bosses dropped me 240 GS sets that were NOT lone star. :)

Bought that lvl 204 Aug in dz03

Already have crafted 6. Finally on the last one I got the brutal attribute. Still on the hunt for brutal and deadly haha.

Deadly will become less important with the 1.3 update, so don't worry about it. Better to get other attributes that you can'y get from skills, or ones that supplement your build.

TsuWave

started using an assault rifle today, went with one with destructive and lol i dunno why i didn't use AR's earlier.

smg+AR > smg+MM for both pve and pvp

fr0st

Banned
started using an assault rifle today, went with one with destructive and lol i dunno why i didn't use AR's earlier.

smg+AR > smg+MM for both pve and pvp
Depends really...
In PvE I'd argue MMRs are better if you build for damage since you can kill mobs in 2-5 shots.

For PvP though MMRs are hit and miss...since with the update and everyone taking forever to kill (with the exception of M44s with explosive rounds) its certainly hard to use them to kill quickly from a distance.

Dropped out of this game shortly after launch when me and my buddies all hit 30 and decided we didn't want to Dark Zone it from there. There wasn't anything left really besides dailies, and challenges felt ultra punishing without a feeling of reward on the other side.

But revisiting it this weekend for the first time since - spurred on by the disappointing e3 wildlands showing - has been a good time. We spent way, way too much time getting acclimated by running Search and Destroy missions all over the map, and then putting it to work taking down HVTs.

As an alternative to the PvP in the Dark Zone these HVT missions hit the right spots. There are a ton of them, they're decently varied for the kind of game The Division is, and you can still get a sense of progression and upgrades and even set items. And once we had done enough of those it was fun to settle into the two hard dailies to remove a lot of the game's bullet sponginess. Just 30th level players in decent gear against 30th level enemies. At times the leveling and stats just fell away and you had a decent open world shooter ;p

More dynamic activities along these lines and I'd be happy to spend more quality time in this broken down New York.

First time poster (long time lurker), really glad to finally be a part of this big family :)

Could you guys help me make this character better for PvP? https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=7C04...FAA!20060&parId=7C049538204A8FAA!9611&o=OneUp

I'm thinking that all I need right now is some Tacticians's Authority kneepads (for the additional 20% skill haste) and then I would be set for PvP?

I know about the 2 final measure EDR and i have a set I keep with me all the time in case I encounter a player using sticky bombs.

gunawi

First time poster (long time lurker), really glad to finally be a part of this big family :)

Could you guys help me make this character better for PvP? https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=7C04...FAA!20060&parId=7C049538204A8FAA!9611&o=OneUp

I'm thinking that all I need right now is some Tacticians's Authority kneepads (for the additional 20% skill haste) and then I would be set for PvP?

I know about the 2 final measure EDR and i have a set I keep with me all the time in case I encounter a player using sticky bombs.

Cant open the link. I need one drive account or something?

AYS

Neo Member

I would just use those tact gloves after rerolling for better stam, and that final measure mask so you don't get one-shot by stickybombs.
20% skill haste is not a good stat to sacrifice 50% exotic damage res for.
Fighting players has devolved into heavy cc or stickybomb one-shots, because any good group can abuse triage to basically have no cooldowns on heals that cleanse things like bleeds or disorientation.
Lots of fights recently for me have consisted of people trying to gank while I farm npcs then lots of shock turrets and sticky bombs if shooting me in the back doesn't work.

so whats going on with the Underground DLC

I feel like it was a no show at E3.
Do we know if they are opening up more zones in DZ?
or is it just the Underground with horde mode crap all over again?

I have never been so un hyped about a DLC before as I am with this one. Man they totally wrecked this game, it had so much potential

deadduck

Had one of those Division only moments this weekend when me and a friend were in the DZ and got invited by two others.

For 15 mins we ran around and looted stuff, then they left the group, went rogue and tried to kill us, they died and tried again and again (and again)... I think they left the server after that.

Not had that before, not sure what they were upto, but it was funny.

-----

This game needs a stamina bar, just to limit the cover/roll down from infinate.

so whats going on with the Underground DLC

I feel like it was a no show at E3.
Do we know if they are opening up more zones in DZ?
or is it just the Underground with horde mode crap all over again?

I have never been so un hyped about a DLC before as I am with this one. Man they totally wrecked this game, it had so much potential
Underground got a trailer at E3 but the same week the developers let a bunch of folks play the mode and upload content to Youtube.

Short version:
- they are infinitely replayable, randomly designed missions and you can choose if you want them to last 1, 2 or 3 stages long (with each presumably offering better rewards);
- you can select modifiers that make the mode easier or harder (example: if you reload before your clip is done, you lose the unused bullets), with modifiers changing the rewards as well;
- for Xbox users, this launches at the same time as update 1.3 which sees a lot of changes including new gear sets, a new heroic mode (more difficult than challenging) for incursions and missions, massive weapon balancing, new higher powered weapons (229 for weapons and 268 for gear score), new weapons, new weapon talents, etc.

Underground got a trailer at E3 but the same week the developers let a bunch of folks play the mode and upload content to Youtube.

Short version:
- they are infinitely replayable, randomly designed missions and you can choose if you want them to last 1, 2 or 3 stages long (with each presumably offering better rewards);
- you can select modifiers that make the mode easier or harder (example: if you reload before your clip is done, you lose the unused bullets), with modifiers changing the rewards as well;
- for Xbox users, this launches at the same time as update 1.3 which sees a lot of changes including new gear sets, a new heroic mode (more difficult than challenging) for incursions and missions, massive weapon balancing, new higher powered weapons (229 for weapons and 268 for gear score), new weapons, new weapon talents, etc.

ok thanks.
But the world still stay the same? no new areas in PVE outside of the underground? no new DZ zones?

fr0st

Banned
ok thanks.
But the world still stay the same? no new areas in PVE outside of the underground? no new DZ zones?
Don't know yet. There was a datamine that showed two non DZ areas opening (the one on the top left and top right) and DZ 7-11 (if you glitch outside of the DZ you can see DZ08 signs and safehouses)

This thread is almost dead. This is sad... :(

After 200+ runs of Clear Sky and very little interest in running Falcon's Lost the new DLC and update cannot get here soon enough. That said, seeing what the new update is bringing to the table makes my anticipation very high which as a result has waned my interest in the current content available.

I just hope that solo play has truely been tuned adequately for Operations and the best gear/weapons are attainable in both solo and co-op play.

Between the Operations w/randomization and customization, new gear/weapons, new challenge missions, new difficulty, and a new Incursion there is a lot to look forward to.

ODDI

Well this is awkward... I always though that you can convert Div Tech to DZ tools, fabric, etc. Greeeeaaaaaat endgame for me now is to find a shit ton of materials :/

fr0st

Banned
Well this is awkward... I always though that you can convert Div Tech to DZ tools, fabric, etc. Greeeeaaaaaat endgame for me now is to find a shit ton of materials :/
Buy cheap HE items then deconstruct.
If you can solo story challenge missions they give 4 HE every time you finish it.

Wolfe

After 200+ runs of Clear Sky and very little interest in running Falcon's Lost the new DLC and update cannot get here soon enough. That said, seeing what the new update is bringing to the table makes my anticipation very high which as a result has waned my interest in the current content available.

I just hope that solo play has truely been tuned adequately for Operations and the best gear/weapons are attainable in both solo and co-op play.

Between the Operations w/randomization and customization, new gear/weapons, new challenge missions, new difficulty, and a new Incursion there is a lot to look forward to.

This is my hope as well, I end up playing solo a lot at sometimes odd times of day and ever since the last update my character feels weak as fuck. I was starting to feel somewhat competent compared to higher geared people but then my stats took a dive due to the rebalancing/introduction of toughness and fixing of bugs.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I don't think it's possible to play the game solo, particularly if the super hard content is going to rely on constant buffs and whatnot to deal with level 34+ enemies. You just have to hope that you get a decent group with matchmaking, or you have a consistent group to play with.

Unfortunately, since nearly everyone I know who played the game has bailed (except ruthless basically), I guess I'm basically done.

This is my hope as well, I end up playing solo a lot at sometimes odd times of day and ever since the last update my character feels weak as fuck. I was starting to feel somewhat competent compared to higher geared people but then my stats took a dive due to the rebalancing/introduction of toughness and fixing of bugs.

Operations are designed to cater to both solo and team plays, they will scale according to the number of players (like hard story missions). Definitely can be done solo but will obviously be more time consuming, super tough on harder difficulties and one death will make you start from the beginning.

I don't think it's possible to play the game solo, particularly if the super hard content is going to rely on constant buffs and whatnot to deal with level 34+ enemies. You just have to hope that you get a decent group with matchmaking, or you have a consistent group to play with.

Unfortunately, since nearly everyone I know who played the game has bailed (except ruthless basically), I guess I'm basically done.

While possible, it's just not worth it to run any end game content solo or with less than a full team. Even with matchmaking, pre-made fireteams will always have the advantage over match made ones. Plus point is the ability to trade loot.

Also, there is no reason to play till aug 2 for ps4 owners, but I expect some will make a comeback for the dlc, especially the ones who already paid for season pass. :p

This game is also not fun playing solo. That is like saying Destiny is fun solo. No it isn't.

True, solo play will never give you the same experience as team play. Although it was fun to solo DZ before 1.2 or run solo CM missions, they're just not worth it.

jbortz78

Also, there is no reason to play till aug 2 for ps4 owners, but I expect some will make a comeback for the dlc, especially the ones who already paid for season pass. :p

Well we get some new CM-missions, Heroic mode and some weapon balancing so thats something...

Well we get some new CM-missions, Heroic mode and some weapon balancing so thats something...

2 new CM missions, and CM missions are worthless.

Heroic difficulty for CM missions will be a hit or a miss depending on the rewards. Replaying the same 4-6 missions on CM or heroic is pretty lame. Don't get it why all missions don't have Challenge difficulty.

Weapon balancing is much needed and welcome but it's not content.

One new gear set which will drop on the 28th for all platforms. (probably Firecrest, which is garbage)

So yeah, till Aug 2 - no real reason to play on PS4.

Top Bottom