• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

jbortz78

2 new CM missions, and CM missions are worthless.

Heroic difficulty for CM missions will be a hit or a miss depending on the rewards. Replaying the same 4-6 missions on CM or heroic is pretty lame. Don't get it why all missions don't have Challenge difficulty.

Weapon balancing is much needed and welcome but it's not content.

One new gear set which will drop on the 28th for all platforms. (probably Firecrest, which is garbage)

So yeah, till Aug 2 - no real reason to play on PS4.

True, also dont get why all missions dont have challenge mode as of today, and like you said heroic depends on rewards if worth doing over challenge.

Luckily for me Im away on vacation all through July so will be coming home in time for exp on PS4:)

This game is also not fun playing solo. That is like saying Destiny is fun solo. No it isn't.

I was talking specifically about Operations as they said themselves it has been tuned for both solo and co-op play.

I've played both The Division and Destiny solo at times and had a fun experience, especially the latter (I enjoyed doing Nightfalls, Strikes, Story missions, Patrols alone).

And I've had zero issue with matchmaking in The Division considering the amount of Incursion clears I've done with different groups. That said, I am looking forward to being able to complete Operations solo and earning end-game type rewards in doing so, well, as long as it truely has been tuned properly with those same rewards attainable in both solo and co-op play.

2 new CM missions, and CM missions are worthless.

Heroic difficulty for CM missions will be a hit or a miss depending on the rewards. Replaying the same 4-6 missions on CM or heroic is pretty lame. Don't get it why all missions don't have Challenge difficulty.

Weapon balancing is much needed and welcome but it's not content.

One new gear set which will drop on the 28th for all platforms. (probably Firecrest, which is garbage)

So yeah, till Aug 2 - no real reason to play on PS4.

At least we're getting two new ones added to the fold and with Phoenix Credits becoming more useful again I'd disagree with CM missions being worthless. They should, however, offer a slim chance at some of the best loot in the game making them more worthwhile. Maybe even upgraded (stat and GS wise) named weapons should be put in the loot pool.

It would only make sense for Heroic missions to offer better loot otherwise it would be pointless.

For those of you who haven't bought the season pass yet:
I believe THIS is the first time it has gone under 30$ (29.99 is less than 30).
I just picked it up today and thought I'd share this here just in case someone here might be interested.
Also, for those that already bought it:
I'm supposed to get the survivor outfit (the one with the red jacket and the watch cap with the logo),
does it appear at the reward claim vendor in the BoO?
Because when I checked (2 minutes after entering the code) it wasn't there.

Edit: Oh, and what about that sawed off shotgun I was promised? Is it supposed to be at the rewards claim vendor?

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
This game is also not fun playing solo. That is like saying Destiny is fun solo. No it isn't.

The campaign was better solo. As you got to actually pay attention to the story. The end game, is much better with a team, definitely. I have played probably 60-70% of my time with the game solo. Recently I hooked up with some guys for HVT and CS, that was really fun and your margin for error is greater when you have people to revive/heal you.

Wolfe

Operations are designed to cater to both solo and team plays, they will scale according to the number of players (like hard story missions). Definitely can be done solo but will obviously be more time consuming, super tough on harder difficulties and one death will make you start from the beginning.

That's all I'm asking, just to be able to complete the content to some degree. I mean the HVTs are great but I can barely even do the weakest weekly one and usually takes me multiple tries if I do manage to complete it.

It just turned into another Hard VS Challenging mode like with the missions (as in hard is too easy when solo and challenging is too hard to solo), I could do all the weaker HVTs and get crafting materials (since it's usually always sidegrades at best) but all I wanted was another way to advance my character while playing solo.

I'm not looking to solo the whole game or anything and I definitely don't feel that I should be able to acquire comparable gear to someone playing 200+ DZ or CM incursions, I just want to feel some type of progress.

As for the game not being fun solo, playing the campaign was a fucking blast while solo, searching around the city and all that. Great fun. I just want to be able to recapture a bit of that which definitely isn't the same type of feeling you get from playing in a group even if the experience is just as enjoyable.

Edit: I'm still using the 2nd AR I've ever crafted for example, which I made when I hit 30 and bought the BM AK blueprints. Even if it's a nice roll it feels weird to play a loot game and still be using the same weapons you found/made right when you hit level cap.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I mean, the thing with doing solo is that for level 34+ enemies, I'm not sure why you would want to - unless they also up the gear again.

Wolfe

I mean, the thing with doing solo is that for level 34+ enemies, I'm not sure why you would want to - unless they also up the gear again.

Again, I'm not asking to be able to solo lvl 34s? I just want stuff to do solo for when I'm playing solo that is still a challenge and gives me upgrades even if at a far lower rate than if I was doing high level group content.

Is that really too much to ask when the game up to level 30 is basically that? (as in fun to solo and gives you a feeling of progression outside of your levels.)

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Again, I'm not asking to be able to solo lvl 34s? I just want stuff to do solo for when I'm playing solo that is still a challenge and gives me upgrades.

Is that really too much to ask when the game up to level 30 is basically that? (as in fun to solo and gives you a feeling of progression outside of your levels.)
I guess there's no point in doing lower level content though, particularly if we assume based on everything they've done so far, all the worthwhile drops will come from the more difficult encounters.

But I've been playing Diablo a lot lately and I guess it's a different mentality to switch from constantly chasing a slightly better piece of gear and just playing for the sake of playing.

DOWN

Banned
I want this a bit still but people talk like it turned into a super competitive aggressive piece of hacker shit

Is there hope if I buy this?

Pop

Darkzone is so broke haha. So much armor, no one ever dies. Might as well forget trying to fight groups of 4.

Darkzone is so broke haha. So much armor, no one ever dies. Might as well forget trying to fight groups of 4.

On my tank build I was able to survive against 3 players team shooting me yesterday, but it took forever to bring their health down. Once they start chaining over heals and survival links, it just becomes a hot mess of rolling around and constant reloading without outputting any damage. The Pvp in Division is a joke.

Lima

They went from one extreme (1.1 - dat COD kill time) to another (1.2 - Omg he healed that's not fair).

Fingers crossed that 1.3 brings the balance back to how 1.0 was but without the bullshit that broken reckless and rehabilitate was.

Looking at some of the new gear sets I'm not optimistic though.

Honestly this game is an even bigger disappointment than Destiny. All the greatness is somewhere in there. The developer is just incapable of extracting it. Oh wait that sounds exactly like Destiny. Never mind then.

State of the dead game 23/06:

PS4 1.3 patch is not ready, won't be out on 28th June.

25%-30% +damage to target out of cover for LMG's (does not apply to ADS out of cover).
30% damage bonus to shotguns, apart from +Stagger. Stagger is pve only for now.
20% armor damage for assault rifles, pve only.
Crit chance swapped for crit damage on SMG's, but only for new drops. Existing SMG's will retain crit chance WTF?

Vector and AUG archetype base damage reduced by 10% NO NERFS THEY SAID!

Reticle bloom on M1A increased (aka can't spam shots).

They are monitoring tanktician meta (aka incoming nerf).

Changes to sentry and striker gear sets:

2 and 3 piece bonuses moved to 5 piece bonus. RIP! Exact values not communicated.

Special ammo nerf: 75% damage reduction and 30% effective duration! Explosion damage will scale to weapon bullet damage. NO more one-shots.

New Battle rifle showed at E3 will NOT be in the game with 1.3 and the dlc.

New weapon families:

AA12 shotgun - full auto. (always have showstopper talent)
G36 assault rifle - +damage when skills are not on cooldown. (always have focused talent) thx fr0st
SVD marksman rifles - next shot after kill will be crit. (always have decisive talent)
PP-19 SMG - large mag, more crits = faster reloads. (always have hurried talent)
(These talents will always roll on these archetypes but can be rolled off)

RE-CALIBRATE WEAPON TALENTS! STOP CRAFTING PEOPLE!!! I TOLD YOU MONTHS AGO :p

fr0st

Banned
Lol ps4 as second class citizens wtf is this shit

EDIT: The talent for the G36 is focused. If none of your skills are on cool down you do more damage (not sure if it counts the super).

deadduck

25%-30% +damage to target out of cover for LMG's (does not apply to ADS out of cover).
Crit chance swapped for crit damage on SMG's, but only for new drops. Existing SMG's will retain crit chance WTF?

2 and 3 piece bonuses moved to 5 piece bonus. RIP! Exact values not communicated.

Special ammo nerf: 75% damage and 30% duration reduction! Explosion damage will scale to weapon bullet damage. NO more one-shots.

I read it as the Sentry/striker 4pc bonus' were moving to 5pc, while 2/3pc is getting a nerf.

Special nerf is very welcome.

I read it as the Sentry/striker 4pc bonus' were moving to 5pc, while 2/3pc is getting a nerf.

Special nerf is very welcome.

He said and I quote "we've taken some of the power from the 2 and 3 piece bonus and moved it into a 5 piece bonus. 2 and 3 are still viable but reduced, and some of those bonuses moved to 5 piece."

4 piece is unchanged but to get the same buffs from 2 and 3 you need 5 pieces of a set.

My prediction:

Striker
2 piece - +10% armor damage
3 piece - +30% crit damage
4 piece - unchanged
5 piece - +10% armor and +20% crit dmg

Sentry
2 piece - +20% headshot damage
3 piece - +10% elite damage
4 piece - unchanged
5 piece - +10% headshot and +10% elite dmg

Special nerf is great, and now the new sets make sense. Though they still did not mention anything about shock turrets.

deadduck

He said and I quote "we've taken some of the power from the 2 and 3 piece bonus and moved it into a 5 piece bonus. 2 and 3 are still viable but reduced, and some of those bonuses moved to 5 piece."

They still did not mention anything about shock turrets.

Ok, so 2/3/ are still there, but reduced effect, while the 5th bonus restores their power.

I'm ok with that.

Stuff I'd change:

Shock turrets range should be skill power related. Not to mention the post shock delay is so stupid.

Triage and medkit use talent shouldnt affect group.

Using an alt should put alts of the same type in group on 50% cooldown.

Fix the heal lag. Lost count of the times I've died with a cloud of green around me.

GazzaGSi

Don't really know what to make of them update details. I spent weeks grinding the dz and incursions etc for a particular gear piece for it now to be time wasted. I hate the fact you spend so much time to get where you want for it to be changed when they feel like.
They may as well make it a 6 piece bonus because having 1 piece from another gear set is pointless when you can't get the first bonus for 2 pieces activated.

Vector & Aug nerf as well as M1A rectile Bloom - no wonder the Aug and M1A blueprints were at the safe house, looks like it's back to my mp5 and M44.

Patch delayed on PS4 and the months exclusive dlc deal - no wonder my friends list has gone to like 3 players of the game compared to the 30+ afew weeks ago.

Feel like I'm the mug for still playing it and even more of a idiot for getting the season pass. But no doubt I'll still carry on, isn't really much else out at the minute that interests me so keep going back to it.

Wait, they're doing 5 pieces now? They really don't want people to mix and match sets, do they.

Assuming it's only for Sentry and Striker, but can't say for sure until they release the patch notes.

Honestly, they should just combine two similar sets and make one, 6-piece set.

Striker + Predator = Assault set
Sentry + Hunters = Sniper set
Tactician + Blind = Skill set
Final Measure + Frontline = Tank set
Lone star + Nomad = Solo set
Firecrest + Reclaimer = Support set

hire me Massive, i'll fix your game

GazzaGSi

Hopefully the weapon talent reroll will use phoenix credits, I assume this will work like the reroll on gear where you choose 1 and that's the only talent you can keep rolling.
I hope it's phoenix credits anyway, might give me a reason to do the daily CM's again.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It feels like they made a Gjallarhorn-scale mistake with Sentry, but they have no idea how to fix it without just making it completely useless. I guess they could do the Destiny thing and upgrade the gear score of every single item except Sentry/Striker pieces.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
They dont seem to want people to enjoy their game at all most of the time. The disconnect between what people want and what the devs do is gargantuan
I think the problem is that developers seem to believe that every single item in the game should be equal to everything else. So they see people use Striker/Sentry builds, at least when I still played the game, and feel the need to nerf them in order to get people interested in the other sets. I suppose they're going to kill tanky Tactician builds next.

It's funny though, when Blizzard noticed the same problem with their sets in Diablo, they just decided to buff the hell out of the under-used gear in order to make it viable rather than punish people who chose to use the more optimal build. Go figure.

GazzaGSi

The annoying thing about this 5 piece sentry to retain the 2nd and 3rd attribute of the set is I'd have to drop a final measure piece which would lose the EDR, so if anything they've even buffed the sticky bomb setup as you'll either do less DPS against them, or you'll pretty much drop to your knees from 1 blast of the sticky running no EDR.
Time to see what I've got in my stash and make my own tanktician build, sick of this shit. I shouldn't feel like I'm fighting the devs after every patch when they nerf the shit I use. If they want people to use other gear then fucking buff it, don't nerf shit that people have been working on for weeks.

darkwing

The annoying thing about this 5 piece sentry to retain the 2nd and 3rd attribute of the set is I'd have to drop a final measure piece which would lose the EDR, so if anything they've even buffed the sticky bomb setup as you'll either do less DPS against them, or you'll pretty much drop to your knees from 1 blast of the sticky running no EDR.
Time to see what I've got in my stash and make my own tanktician build, sick of this shit. I shouldn't feel like I'm fighting the devs after every patch when they nerf the shit I use. If they want people to use other gear then fucking buff it, don't nerf shit that people have been working on for weeks.

I wouldn't worry about the sticky bomb build though, pretty sure they will nerf it down the road

Fix the heal lag. Lost count of the times I've died with a cloud of green around me.

Half the time that heal lag is the cause of my death. It's not even due to latency, just bad coding. It happens even when you're running solo.

Patch delayed on PS4 and the months exclusive dlc deal - no wonder my friends list has gone to like 3 players of the game compared to the 30+ afew weeks ago.

You two want to run CM incursion(s) in a bit, and/or weekly HVT's if they have reset?

I suppose they're going to kill tanky Tactician builds next.

It's funny though, when Blizzard noticed the same problem with their sets in Diablo, they just decided to buff the hell out of the under-used gear in order to make it viable rather than punish people who chose to use the more optimal build. Go figure.

Likely, they said they were closely watching the tanktician meta.

There is a reason why Blizzard is among one of the best developers in the world. Newbies into the mmo/hybrid genre like Massive and Bungie should learn from them.

GazzaGSi

I wouldn't worry about the sticky bomb build though, pretty sure they will nerf it down the road

And with massive the question is how long is the piece of string. Afew weeks/months? But in the meantime get jumped from behind with a sticky as per what happened yesterday.

You two want to run CM incursion(s) in a bit, and/or weekly HVT's if they have reset?

For sure, I'll be on in a hour or so if that's ok.

GazzaGSi

Yeah no worries. Weekly HVT's have not reset btw, they will at tomorrows daily reset.

No problem, CM incursions is good with me. I've not been on since yesterday so will need to extract that loot bag too. Will probably make a dash to DZ05 rather than 06.

Not bothering with the Aug blueprint now with the base damage drop so I'm good to go after extracting.

Is this a change for this week? The Weekly HVT's usually reset on Thursday night at 8:00PM EST.

I'm from the future, it's already friday here.

The ISAC weekly reset so I assumed weekly HVT's would reset at the same time.

They really need to have a common day for the weekly resets.

Vendors, weekly HVT's, ISAC weekly, weekly assignment, incursions - all reset on different days of the week ffs.

Special ammo nerf: 75% damage reduction and 30% effective duration! Explosion damage will scale to weapon bullet damage. NO more one-shots.

New Battle rifle showed at E3 will NOT be in the game with 1.3 and the dlc.

New weapon families:

AA12 shotgun - full auto. (always have showstopper talent)
G36 assault rifle - +damage when skills are not on cooldown. (always have focused talent) thx fr0st
SVD marksman rifles - next shot after kill will be crit. (always have decisive talent)
PP-19 SMG - large mag, more crits = faster reloads. (always have hurried talent)
(These talents will always roll on these archetypes but can be rolled off)

RE-CALIBRATE WEAPON TALENTS! STOP CRAFTING PEOPLE!!! I TOLD YOU MONTHS AGO :p
PS4 patch not ready.

Jesus Christ, what are these guys doing? FFS.

And all the rest sound bad, honestly.

Idk what the fuck they're trying to do to this game. They want it dead and buried it seems.

deadduck

I think the PS4 patch isn't ready because it is different from others in that it'll have changes, but many features not active. HVTs not giving new gearsets etc. I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't get 1.3 until August's 1.4 as they are often unwilling to modify their client patch routine.

Bungie are great at prepatching, giving you an update that unlocks on a date. I swear during the maintenance one guy at massive is writing the database entries each time.

DasTanK

I really don't understand the nerfs to SMGs and strikers/sentrys because of popularity.
I mean when you have 20 people still playing the game anything will be "popular". They really should have buffed previous sets like add more damage to predators and actually add useful bonuses for nomads etc. This feels like they really want people to stop playing their game which is a shame.

EL CUCO

I'm gonna wait to see the complete changes in effect before judging. I think there's gonna be a weapon balance blog posted in a few hours as well. Some of the changes look good, but the Sentry/Striker 5pc is questionable.

Also, looks like there's no point in keeping around any weapons like LMG's that dropped prior to 1.3 in hopes that it would be buffed, since it seems the new bonuses are only applied to weapons that drop after the update.

I'm gonna wait to see the complete changes in effect before judging. I think there's gonna be a weapon balance blog posted in a few hours as well. Some of the changes look good, but the Sentry/Striker 5pc is questionable.

Also, looks like there's no point in keeping around any weapons like LMG's that dropped prior to 1.3 in hopes that it would be buffed, since it seems the new bonuses are only applied to weapons that drop after the update.

There should have been 5-6 piece set bonuses from the onset. Currently, besides some minor cosmetic looks to a character, there is no benefit to having an entire set.

When gear sets were introduced I thought they should have had bonuses for each additional piece equipped and as your set grew it would become more useful all the way up to completion (all 6 pieces) of the set giving you the special talent and increasing gear score along the way to that completion.

EL CUCO

I think I'll be willing to sacrifice an extra 5-10% headshot dmg for 80-100% EDR. No sticky bomb gonna be getting me!

MildSoss

Nice to see DPS builds getting nerfed while someone running a 'tanktician' won't be getting touched. Have fun rolling around in the DZ waiting to see who runs out of ammo first.

darkwing

There should have been 5-6 piece set bonuses from the onset. Currently, besides some minor cosmetic looks to a character, there is no benefit to having an entire set.

When gear sets were introduced I thought they should have had bonuses for each additional piece equipped and as your set grew it would become more useful all the way up to completion (all 6 pieces) of the set giving you the special talent and increasing gear score along the way to that completion.

Massive should hire you

btw with enemies now at level 35, will our armor mitigation go above 75%? or do we need to rely on +health on gear set to survive

lol and how do you get Weapon Kits, why not use useless Phoenix Credits

"To make the process of finding weapons a bit less reliant on RNG, we are making it possible to recalibrate a talent on your weapon. In order to do so you have to collect a new currency called Weapon Kit that can be obtained through crafting, enemy drops, and crates in the Underground. Spend them in combination some Phoenix Credits at the Recalibration bench to be able to recalibrate a talent on your weapon. All talents can be recalibrated and it works in the same way gear rerolling does."

Top Bottom