• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

Wolfe

Didn't they say they will fix the camos situation taking place in the stash/backpack?

Edit (forgot I had this quoted): Dude, seriously. I've already got 12 or 13 different paints and I I've been playing the game for a week or so lol. They really need to be a non inventory item like the clothing is.

Crafting in this game is intense (and not necessarily in a good way lol), had 188 phoenix creds and decided to buy the custom M44 blueprint so I could have a bolt action rifle to swap out my so so M1A with if I wanted.

Decided to do three crafts, see if I got anything good. Then five. I think on the 7th one I decided to call it quits cause I was down to 28 weapon parts and 18 tools and of course that's the rifle that rolls accurate toxic and balanced, would love to swap out toxic for brutal but I'll take it either way lol.

I envy you guys who were able to convert hundreds of HE mats :p

Paertan

About them supply drops. Saw a few yesterday. The devs said you would have to fight over them. From i could see you just rush past enemies and open the crate to get the loot. Then you kill the enemies. Crate should be locked until boss is dead.

Sober

Not sure I like the gearscore idea. Especially when you are rolling Diablo style loot. Basically an item with low end rolls is the same as an item of the stat item level but with maxed out rolls. It was bad enough in WoW but at least 4/5 times your score there meant you had some basic standards like health level, etc. so you could at least show up and not get instantly murdered by a cough.

Yeah this is gonna get infuriating.

T.O.P

Banned
About them supply drops. Saw a few yesterday. The devs said you would have to fight over them. From i could see you just rush past enemies and open the crate to get the loot. Then you kill the enemies. Crate should be locked until boss is dead.

Yup, last night i couldn't get a single crate because everyone was just rushing 'em using the Shield sig. skill

bjaelke

The Division @TheDivisionGame

We are aware of the missing Daily Challenge mode. While we won’t be able to fix it today, we can confirm that it will be back tomorrow

That incursion is kind of ridiculous. All they could think of with that huge map at their disposal was to put us in a single fucking room nicknamed "raining grenades" with reference to Slayer's masterpiece? Fuck this.

fr0st

Banned
That incursion is kind of ridiculous. All they could think of with that huge map at their disposal was to put us in a single fucking room nicknamed "raining grenades" with reference to Slayer's masterpiece? Fuck this.
Yea it should've came out with the game. Next incursion should be every two weeks to keep the game fresh.
Next one might be more open since there's SAM sites and tall buildings.

erawsd

Been busy with Dark Souls, thought Id check in here but I guess Im not missing anything. Its sad to hear the patch seems to be poorly received, seemed like they had a real good vision for the end game now.

Wolfe

1. The new lighting option looks AMAZING. They should force it. Especially in the DZ.

I was just thinking about mentioning this. I remembered about it as I was getting ready to log off and it's crazy how different it is, the screens posted really don't do it justice. Night actually feels like night now, I had to toggle back and forth between the two a few times just to really let it soak in.

kriskrosbbk

I was just thinking about mentioning this. I remembered about it as I was getting ready to log off and it's crazy how different it is, the screens posted really don't do it justice. Night actually feels like night now, I had to toggle back and forth between the two a few times just to really let it soak in.

This is PC only I suppose?

I came back after rage quitting a while ago to test stuff out, the crafting nerf is eww, it would have been tolerable but every yellow is now a 163... I guess the baseline to enter harder content?

So now there's supply drops, I got excited when I saw one, a bunch of us went running, and somehow the same guy would fucking loot the thing while the entire mob storm was on his face.... great fun /facepalm... so then I give a few named elites a go, and hey guess what is better than one yellow drop? 3!!! The rogues just gank everyone and clean up lol, also every extraction ended up with everyone trying to murder each other.

Fucking shit-fest ftw... I can't even make it to 50 since whenever I get close I get killed dragging me back down again. Oh and I am gs 172 so I get stuck in the "endgame" crowd lol.

Did the incursion, and erm ya can we not just light the apc on fire and call it a day? I came close to winning with randoms but this one moron insisted on doing his own thing and dying in the middle of the field each time screwing the rest of us >_<

The daily/weekly missions thing is decent, I will likely only do the daily missions/challenges and maybe the incursion now and then because DZ is a wasteland of stupidity yet again.

HunRevan

Woah thank you for mentioning it. It feels so much better! Especially at night its awesome.

Cob32

So from what I've gathered since I haven't tried the path yet;

1. You can actually just activate surivival link and open supply drops?

2. The lvl 32 names bosses are dropping ilvl31 gear?

Paertan

So from what I've gathered since I haven't tried the path yet;

1. You can actually just activate surivival link and open supply drops?

2. The lvl 32 names bosses are dropping ilvl31 gear?

1. Yeah or any kind of overheal.

2. 32 enemies CAN drop ilvl32 gear. As the developers said. it is not guaranteed. They never said it would be.

Maximus P

Fucking shit-fest ftw... I can't even make it to 50 since whenever I get close I get killed dragging me back down again. Oh and I am gs 172 so I get stuck in the "endgame" crowd lol..

I was in the 'end game' crowd too and found it a blood bath up there.

Best thing to do is to equipt a poor pistol and a mediocre secondary gun and then join us in the 0-160 bracket.

The lower bracket is a joy to play for solo players. Loads of solo players roaming around and helping each other out. I even got downed by NPCs at the extraction point while holding a full pouch of HEs and a team of 4 turned up and revived me. And DZ 5-6 is a ghost town.

There are still Rouge's, but they are not as common as in the 160+ servers.

I'll join the top bracket once I have enough good loot to compete. I already have 2 pieces of nomad and a couple of 204 scored pieces.

I was in the 'end game' crowd too and found it a blood bath up there.

Best thing to do is to equipt a poor pistol and a mediocre secondary gun and then join us in the 0-160 bracket.

The lower bracket is a joy to play for solo players. Loads of solo players roaming around and helping each other out. I even got downed by NPCs at the extraction point while holding a full pouch of HEs and a team of 4 turned up and revived me. And DZ 5-6 is a ghost town.

There are still Rouge's, but they are not as common as in the 160+ servers.

I'll join the top bracket once I have enough good loot to compete. I already have 2 pieces of nomad and a couple of 204 scored pieces.

Lol ya I might do that, I am so sick of there being no reward for being good and helping, only rewards for killing and stealing. Heck in most games you get exp for healing or reviving people, nope only if you shoot them in the back and steal their junk in the Divison lol

deadduck

I came back after rage quitting a while ago to test stuff out, the crafting nerf is eww, it would have been tolerable but every yellow is now a 163... I guess the baseline to enter harder content?

So now there's supply drops, I got excited when I saw one, a bunch of us went running, and somehow the same guy would fucking loot the thing while the entire mob storm was on his face.... great fun /facepalm... so then I give a few named elites a go, and hey guess what is better than one yellow drop? 3!!! The rogues just gank everyone and clean up lol, also every extraction ended up with everyone trying to murder each other.

Fucking shit-fest ftw... I can't even make it to 50 since whenever I get close I get killed dragging me back down again. Oh and I am gs 172 so I get stuck in the "endgame" crowd lol.

Did the incursion, and erm ya can we not just light the apc on fire and call it a day? I came close to winning with randoms but this one moron insisted on doing his own thing and dying in the middle of the field each time screwing the rest of us >_<

The daily/weekly missions thing is decent, I will likely only do the daily missions/challenges and maybe the incursion now and then because DZ is a wasteland of stupidity yet again.

If you are solo, avoid supply drops. These are the perfect time to go extract because gankers will be elsewhere.

Avoid DZ1 and DZ2 because this is where the kids go rogue and pick off solo players because of their l33t skilz (not superior numbers, oh no). They often don't go higher because they are scared of the ai killing them.

If you see a group stomping mobs, get a shot on the boss from a distance. Leave drops on the ground until you have a safe path to extract. If there are suspect players/groups around then do a sweep and extract when clear.

DZ4 extract is great, close to 3 DZ3 bosses, close to an often unused entrance/resup, close to an underused extract and a cleaner boss with a DZ chest.

Keep an eye out for a group doing an extract, especially a groyp of 3. with hidden pulse you can often get on their rope without them noticing, if they have started the animation they usually don't have enough time to react.

So I've been too enraptured by Dark Souls III to jump into the Incursion. What's the consensus about it? How many bosses are there? Is it a traditional "Raid" another challenge mode or? I watched a video and it looked sort of like a Wave mode with an APC, but they never got past the APC after skipping through a video that was ~4 hours so I couldn't tell what else there was.

deadduck

So I've been too enraptured by Dark Souls. What the consensus about the Incursion? How many bosses are there? Is it a traditional "Raid" another challenge mode or? I watched a video and it looked sort of like a Wave mode with an APC, but they never got past the APC after skipping through a video for hours so I couldn't tell what else there was.

The APC is the boss. Nothing else.

It's not a raid, it's a wave based challenge mode.

Managed to extract about 25 HE items from DZ last night and then dismantled all of them due to being GS163.
Got a new HE vest from Lexington with 2 mod slots.

Now GS182 with 1 piece of the Tactician's gear (bought mask BP from BoO)

DZ 5-6 are ghost towns. its so sad that there aint more named bosses there. The feeling you get when up in DZ5-6 is not a scared one. I really would have liked that zone to be all out war and you would always look behind your back for possible bad guys, but now its just empty with a few named here and there.

Dont like it. add more NPC please.

So as someone who's just got 30 , has no yellow gear / weapons and has just been doing daily challenges the last few weeks , how the hell do I get to a good level to be able to compete ?

Only dz24 and don't really feeling having to roam for hours on end (I play solo usually so get stomped )

Is there a way to get better gear / levels playing solo ? I feel like I'm even under geared for challenge mode difficulty .

So after coming back, I went from 136 to 160 today. So I'm guessing I should just stay and farm in the 0-160 bracket? Don't equip any better gear and just farm?

Hjod

Banned
So as someone who's just got 30 , has no yellow gear / weapons and has just been doing daily challenges the last few weeks , how the hell do I get to a good level to be able to compete ?

Only dz24 and don't really feeling having to roam for hours on end (I play solo usually so get stomped )

Is there a way to get better gear / levels playing solo ? I feel like I'm even under geared for challenge mode difficulty .

Do the Assembly mission on hard, gear up to HEs there, roam the DZ01-DZ02. Get geared for CMs then farm CMs to get enough PC for blueprints.

o_O

94956_aug.jpg

Maximus P

I've been there.

Run hard mode solo for a while. You'll get a HE item from the boss at the end of the mission.Once you have a few HEs try CM with matchmaking. We've carried low geared players through CM often. It can be a drag but you'll soon have enough PC to get some good stuff.

The APC is the boss. Nothing else.

It's not a raid, it's a wave based challenge mode.

They added some new enemies too, I guess.

I don't know what it is, but I just have 0 desire to play this game. Suppose all the little content updates they've added with this new patch came way too late for me. Hopefully the DLC adds unique gameplay elements.

rpcdrag0n

Hi guys. Are daily challenge missions gone ? Can see only 2 hard daily on my map

Issue with it today, from the twitters...

We are aware of the missing Daily Challenge mode. While we won’t be able to fix it today, we can confirm that it will be back tomorrow

Deception

So I'm going through DZ6 trying to get to the safe house and I see a giant group of rogues, so I can around the corner and this is what I see this and think
don't mind if I do.

I desperately try to run back to the safe house to get away from the impending rogues, but "Cannot enter while in combat" I turn around and 4 rogues are running right away firing! I think holy shit and start gunning it to get away. I run and run barely staying alive and run through the Q building but they are still hot on my tail, so I run towards The Pit and low and behold the mob is there! I dash into The Pit dash and dive only narrowly escaping death. I survive from through the underground tunnel and I am alive and rogue free! I run to the nearest checkpoint and have my buddy join on me and help me extract. We go to the extraction on the left side of the map in D4 with the rope by the garage and I successfully extract! So tense, such a rush it was amazing!

Sober

I don't know what it is, but I just have 0 desire to play this game. Suppose all the little content updates they've added with this new patch came way too late for me. Hopefully the DLC adds unique gameplay elements.
Honestly I'm waiting to see if Underground the first expansion is gonna add essentially rifting. If not then I might just check out until all of it comes out and then enjoy it at once. DZ is fun with friends but solo/pve is really all just running CMs right now or gambling on a getting a DZ server where you don't run into vicious gank squds. Only 4 CMs, couldn't even remix the levels with different factions or anything. really now.

Klyka

Banned
Well next month we are getting new DZ stuff, one new incursion and new challenge modes.

So honestly, for people who are burnt out now and don't enjoy the new incursion, maybe just give it a month break?

Not like the game costs anything while you don't play.

I'm in the same boat which is a shame as I really enjoy the gunplay and using my guns (the M1A is a joy to use)

The dark zone is fun but a bit of a grind and sadly the core gamrplay isn't good enough in there for me to keep repeating what I have done for quite a few hours already

Keeping up with the new gear is also a little bit too much of a dull grind as you need to hit quite a lot of repeat content - the pheonix credit/ crafting nerf has really hurt gearing up for me as I don't really want to grind to the extent that's now required - especially considering I have already run the dailys/ challenge missions a bunch

The incursion is fun but ultimately not varied enough to really play more than a few times

So I don't know what I'm left to do in the game - I guess I'm better off waiting for the next expansion and buying the next wave of gear then rather than now in order to be able to contend with the next set of content

Tecnniqe

Banned
Well next month we are getting new DZ stuff, one new incursion and new challenge modes.

So honestly, for people who are burnt out now and don't enjoy the new incursion, maybe just give it a month break?

But muh soup scription?!

My problem is more with the whole idiotic moronic weekly lock.

Cmon!
So it's all up to "CM? Yes/No if so Play/Not"

If another incursion is just more of same old same old, a month and a new incursion won't do it for me. I find the challenge modes enjoyable once or twice. But I was hoping for multiple boss raids with unique mechanics to differentiate from the day to day combat.

Honestly I'm waiting to see if Underground the first expansion is gonna add essentially rifting. If not then I might just check out until all of it comes out and then enjoy it at once. DZ is fun with friends but solo/pve is really all just running CMs right now or gambling on a getting a DZ server where you don't run into vicious gank squds. Only 4 CMs, couldn't even remix the levels with different factions or anything. really now.

I feel like they should've delayed the game until they were able to have all of the things they do now like daily/weekly challenges, trading, guaranteed HE drops, etc. Guess it doesn't matter to the hardcore fans or casual players though.

I haven't played for several weeks and was looking forward to the incursion. I tried it and realized it was basically a new, modified Challenge map and stopped.

I just hope that I'm not too far behind or weak once more content comes out.

So I don't know what I'm left to do in the game - I guess I'm better off waiting for the next expansion and buying the next wave of gear then rather than now in order to be able to contend with the next set of content

I'm in the same boat. The game is really solid and has a lot of potential to be great, but they keep fixing one thing and ruining another. I've played the same levels way too many times and can't grind anymore.

Top Bottom