• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

From the look of things, and if this update is the benchmark for the upcoming ones, I think I made the right choice by holding out to buy the season pass. Maybe next year on sale, if ever.

Klyka

Banned
From the look of things, and if this update is the benchmark for the upcoming ones, I think I made the right choice by holding out to buy the season pass. Maybe next year on sale, if ever.

Hm, I wouldn't compare a free update with a paid for one.

I really hope the Underground DLC is what people hope and has "rift like" qualities

Too bad Xbox will get it one month early and the rest of us will have all the surprises taken out of it already :(

FLAguy954

I'm in the same boat. As a huge Borderlands fan and having read about how Diablo 3 evolved over time, I am astounded by how incompetent the devs are when it comes to currency and loot balancing. The game is a fucking drag for me and their nerfing of the CM HE drops, as well as the underwhelming incursion means I made the right choice holding off on the DLC.

With Borderlands 2 and the Pre-Sequel, buying the season pass (at a discount) was a no-brainer. I think I'm going to take a break from this game for a while as it is not satisfying to play at the moment (which sucks because this game has a ton of potential).

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
The game has been out for 1 month guys and it's getting better every week.

It took diablo 3 two to three years to get it in a playable state, and the game is still pretty meh compared to a much lower budget PoE. All my buddies and I go back to D3 for 2 days at the start of a season before we get bored because nothing changes - one set and one gameplay style to rule them all per season. Loot is insanely easy to get so you just pick up your god tier 6 set in a couple hours and then spam 1 button repeatedly (whatever primary the set of the month happens to support) with 1 skill for mobility. Done. That's not a benchmark I want to set for The Division lol.

The fact that they have been rapidly updating the game and loot, and releasing a decent-sized chunk of content just 1 month after release gives me high hopes for the game going forward. It can only get better from here on out, and idk, i'm having a blast regardless just running through CMs/Incursion and PvPing in the Darkzone with buddies. I do hope they bring back 3-4 HE's for CMs though, that felt great.

ISOM

I'm in the same boat. As a huge Borderlands fan and having read about how Diablo 3 evolved over time, I am astounded by how incompetent the devs are when it comes to currency and loot balancing. The game is a fucking drag for me and their nerfing of the CM HE drops, as well as the underwhelming incursion means I made the right choice holding off on the DLC.

With Borderlands 2 and the Pre-Sequel, buying the season pass (at a discount) was a no-brainer. I think I'm going to take a break from this game for a while as it is not satisfying to play at the moment (which sucks because this game has a ton of potential).

Haven't even completed Incursion yet. The only satisfying part of the update so far has been the supply drops.

What makes you say that?

Hm, I wouldn't compare a free update with a paid for one.

I really hope the Underground DLC is what people hope and has "rift like" qualities

Too bad Xbox will get it one month early and the rest of us will have all the surprises taken out of it already :(

For one, they made the 'Year One Plan' banner like this. They put the free updates on the same banner like they all are equal.

CdLJzUeWoAAqtN7.jpg

Actually, maybe that one month XB1 exclusivity will do more good than harm for the rest of us. XB1 impressions might be pushing me to purchase the season pass or not.

Destiny screwed me when I went all in and now this game has as well.
Tapping out until the endgame is fixed. Not interested in farming mats all day just to craft one item with a shit roll.
Signed off last night and kept wondering what the point is when they nerf the only way to actually get gear that is somewhat useful in becoming strong enough to do the incursions.

I think I might be done with this game until they fix the fuckery. As lol as it is to say, I'm going to go back to destiny. Was checking out the update yesterday and should be fun to poke around there again.

Absolutely bullshit, on massive's part. They had an amazing thing and they keep chopping it off at its knees. Don't put loot into your game and then punish players for wanting the loot and wanting useful loot.

jamesdbc

Neo Member
Yep, but at least some bugs might be fixed. If anyone is even playing it by then.

As a PS4 player I was gutted about the Xbone getting exclusive access but that's a good point - Xbone players will kinda be like Guinea pigs!

Though having said that a month, in gaming terms, is a LONG time...

As a PS4 player I was gutted about the Xbone getting exclusive access but that's a good point - Xbone players will kinda be like Guinea pigs!

Though having said that a month, in gaming terms, is a LONG time...
I hate console exclusivity for games that are multi-plat. It screws the gamers who are on the side that isn't getting the exclusive or time gated stuff... And I say that as a Xbox player.

But at least you guys on the other platforms will get more stable versions I guess... If there's that many Xbox players left to be useful Guinea pigs anyway lolll

JohnCYQ

Why did they adopt the stat roll system of D3 if they don't plan on adopting D3's loot system as well?

If there were maybe only 10 weapon talents and each of them about as useful as deadly/brutal, then the low amounts of HE drops you get would make sense.

Even when the CM boss dropped 4 HEs, 99% of the time they were unusable either because they didn't roll the stats you wanted, or had very low rolls on said stats.

Nothing has changed.

The most reliable way to roll for a ilvl32 item is via crafting (DZ blueprints) which now require 4 HE Div Techs each, which you get 1 per day if you don't go box looting in the DZ...OR you pray it drops from the named boss at Supply Drops.

The only thing that has lived up to the "get the best loots from drops" part is Incursions, only because they restricted certain set gear pieces to only drop from there. Even then its still battling with RNG upon more layers of RNG (set type, stat types rolled, stat amount rolled).

For one, they made the 'Year One Plan' banner like this. They put the free updates on the same banner like they all are equal.

CdLJzUeWoAAqtN7.jpg

Actually, maybe that one month XB1 exclusivity will do more good than harm for the rest of us. XB1 impressions might be pushing me to purchase the season pass or not.

It's a good point, but you should never pre-pay for content you don't know the quality of in general.

Deku Tree

The six hour lockout to repeat incursions is really dumb. Used to be really easy to find a CM good group on here. Now for incursions people do it and then log off. No repeating. So you hear a lot of "sorry already did it" when trying to find a group when before people used to say "let's do it again"

Smh

Tecnniqe

Banned
Weekly....lock?

edit: is it true they enbaled aim assist on PC? D:
Yes weekly lock on 214 items 1 per char, rest is 191.
Cm gives 240 once per char and 214 as boss drops

As for aim assist I'm not sure but something was doing funny business

Their vision for the game keeps changing each patch and its fucking with everything :(((((((

I geared down to 159 yesterday and had an awesome time in the DZ.

Maybe that's what I shall do today. I'll gear down and see what it's like <160.

Or if they have got their characters back by then!

So bad.
There's so many names! It's obnoxious. I said to granadier yesterday after crafting YET ANOTHER useless two talent nomad holster that if my character gets deleted I'd never touch this game again, dlc included.

After the fourth useless holster I crafted, I began to wonder why even wait for a possible character deletion. Spend hours gathering useless 163/182 items in the dz, extracting them, and then.... You can only craft one, maybe two, items, which end up being worthless.

So you end up completely wasting hours of your time.

This isn't fun. I'd rather just gank bambis lol.

Macrotus

I agree with majority of the opinions here, like Granadier, texhnolyze, wesleyshark, etc.

I thought Massive wanted to change this game from a crafting game to a looter game, but I guess not.
And the new Incrusions was just mainly a single room with 15 waves with little things to do which I wouldn't call "mechanics".

The story missions on challenge mode are far more enjoyable than Incrusions imo.

Klyka

Banned
The six hour lockout to repeat incursions is really dumb. Used to be really easy to find a CM good group on here. Now for incursions people do it and then log off. No repeating. So you hear a lot of "sorry already did it" when trying to find a group when before people used to say "let's do it again"

Smh

6 hour lockouts? wtf am I reading here

i thought there are no lockouts for the incursions?
And all that gets "locked" is like some weekly extra reward thingy

I agree with majority of the opinions here, like Granadier, texhnolyze, wesleyshark, etc.

I thought Massive wanted to change this game from a crafting game to a looter game, but I guess not.
And the new Incrusions was just mainly a single room with 15 waves with little things to do which I wouldn't call "mechanics".

The story missions on challenge mode are far more enjoyable than Incrusions imo.
Agreed. We beat the incursion on our second try and it was the most boring thing in the game thus far.

This isn't a crafting game anymore, except that it is, because the loot drops are absolutely abysmal as far as being useful to gearing upwards.

Deku Tree

6 hour lockouts? wtf am I reading here

i thought there are no lockouts for the incursions?
And all that gets "locked" is like some weekly extra reward thingy

After people beat HM yesterday. A six hour timer appears on screen to say that the incursion reward wait time is counting down or something like that.

JohnCYQ

After people beat HM yesterday. A six hour timer appears on screen to say that the incursion reward wait time is counting down or something like that.

Its the timer for the weekly rewards, but you can still run incursions again and get 2 drops from the boss itself (usually 1 set gear (gs 191) and 1 HE).

Klyka

Banned

uh, are you sure it's six hours and not 6 days?

Because i bet that's the countdown for the weekly "bonus" you get.
You can play the incursion as much as you want and always get a reward, just not the weekly bonus reward which I guess is higher gearscore.

Its the timer for the weekly rewards, but you can still run incursions again and get 2 drops from the boss itself (usually 1 set gear and 1 HE).
Weekly reward reset timer. You will always get drops from the boss no matter how many times you play it and how often... Just beware. Those drops are lower GS tier.

WavyStretch

Neo Member
that is incredibly debatable. the craft nerf when crafting is still the main source for decent gear made the game take a massive hit for me and many others

Except the math says otherwise.

30 extracted purples = 60 blue mats = 12 HE = 1.5 crafting chances @ 8 HE per craft.
30 extracted HE = 30 HE mats = 3 crafting chances @ 10 HE per craft

It is literally double the mats for the same investment as previously.

Klyka

Banned
I kinda feel like gearscore is totally worthless and you can actually be a low gearscore with much better stats than a guy with high gearscore

Deku Tree

I kinda feel like gearscore is totally worthless and you can actually be a low gearscore with much better stats than a guy with high gearscore

Yup. GS is only counts whether your gear is superior or HE or set and the item lvl. Ignores everything else.

30 extracted purples = 60 blue mats = 12 HE = 1.5 crafting chances @ 8 HE per craft.

And that's only if you happened to gather 30 of the same item type or 10 of 3 item types. And that's for crafting HE items. Set items cost wayyyyy more HEs to craft.

It's obnoxious.

They should either roll that back entirely, or get rid of the different types of mats and just have greens, blues, purples and golds that can be used for anything.

Or, you know, give us actually viable drops that we can equip without massively dropping one of our stats.

TsuWave

does your math include less materials back from deconstructing? or how 2 blue div tech = 1 HE and now 5 blue div techs = 1 HE?

Definity

What did they fix on incursion mode last night? Did the APC not auto target players before the patch with that huge AOE attack?

Deku Tree

Wait the loot is too generous? Fix that ASAP! Spend resources we can't have that!

But people's accounts are being deleted! Some of them have put 100s of hours into our game. When can we fix that? Well get to it eventually. Not a top priority right now. First fix the loot drops.

Pre patch:

30 purple items = 60 blue mats
60 blue mats = 12 gold mats

Post patch:

30 purple items = 30 blue mats
30 blue mats = 2 gold mats

LO-fuckin-L

Pre patch:

Post patch:

LO-fuckin-L

Yeah the divisions post live team are absolutely destroying the game.

I do wonder if internally there's a group of guys at massive who are currently hating life watching the post go live team make these changes

I do wonder how that all works - i wonder if the post launch team is different that the development/ pre launch team and I wonder how that changes the direction the game takes

Lima

Lmao this "fixed" APC targeting is such bullshit. It fires like every 10 seconds now. We completed challenging yesterday using the right side generator strat and I think the whole time we've been there the APC fired at us maybe once. Now it is a constant barrage of missiles every 10 seconds.

Look Massive those fucking drones and shotgun rushers are hard enough okay. My god.

I don't think anyone has completed challenging since the patch.

TsuWave

also i hadn't realized how hard DZ funds are to come by when you play solo. had to change my build around so i could add prosperous to it and i'm 112K short of getting the aug blueprint with 60 hours to go (i'm assuming the blueprints will rotate now). i don't think i'm gonna make it

also i hadn't realized how hard DZ funds are to come by when you play solo. had to change my build around so i could add prosperous to it and i'm 112K short of getting the aug blueprint with 60 hours to go (i'm assuming the blueprints will rotate now). i don't think i'm gonna make it
I hope you can make it. :/

Despite all the fuckery with everything else... That new Aug is amazing.

jorma

is now taking requests
Pre patch:

Post patch:

LO-fuckin-L

But post patch you'll also have 10 HE items to turn into mats, with the added bonus that a few of those might be something good you actually want to keep.

Definity

Lmao this "fixed" APC targeting is such bullshit. It fires like every 10 seconds now. We completed challenging yesterday using the right side generator strat and I think the whole time we've been there the APC fired at us maybe once. Now it is a constant barrage of missiles every 10 seconds.

Look Massive those fucking drones and shotgun rushers are hard enough okay. My god.

I don't think anyone has completed challenging since the patch.

Hal. Is that what they fixed? Explains why my friends who completed before the patch were complaining it was hard now with the the "grenade rain" and apc spam.

theWB27

Seeing people get down about the game is no bueno. I'm trying not to get down about it just yet. Stupid crafting nerf, deleted characters and all.

Top Bottom