• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

EL CUCO

Yeah I believe so..i think you were talking to one of the randoms on the other team, idk for sure
Oh the randoms definitely got it lol, but at one point I heard someone say "cama?...cama?", while I was scoped in and I instantly thought it was the randoms using code to attack us, but I wasn't sure thinking back now haha

Oh well, It was fun even in that cluster duck. Could be way better tho. Hope Massive gets their crap together soon.

Man I kept getting insta-downed last night in the DZ by some fool and his sticky bomb. Is this the new meta or something? Every time I fire the game up I play for 10 minutes and wonder why I bothered and put it down for a week or so.

I was so happy to finally crack 180k DPS and almost 300k health but it still isn't enough for the DZ douchebags. I guess I should try for this awesome instakill sticky shit?

Sober

With this being my first loot type game I'm not very familiar with the trend of new Gearscores and Gear sets etc in a game like this, (normally I'm on a FPS like BF/cod, or driveclub/NFS) so wanted to ask is this the norm? New gear sets and higher gear scores seem to be churned out pretty quick to the point where sometimes you don't even get a completed build that you're happy with or waiting on just one final piece but the RNG kicks you in the ass. Is this how these types of games evolve where 6-8 weeks down the line there will be more gear sets and a higher gear score to obtain? Everything just seems to be happening quick for me, yeah bring on HVT's and incursions and more things to do but I feel like I almost start from scratch again after every patch. I've logged over 15 days and was still trying to perfect a 4 sentry, 2 striker build (4/2FM in the DZ) with 240's but now that's being nerfed it's been pretty much a waste of time.
Devs don't understand that you should not split the difference on loot. Either go full MMO and handcraft all the gear that drops at end game, or just turn it into a full on slot machine where loot drops like rain in a thunderstorm and it's up to the player to sort through it all.

Gearscore is supposed to be a rough watermark for the gear you're wearing but your gear can also roll all low ball ranges for all your stats. So basically the gap between someone with the same gear score as you can be fairly large because gear is still dictated by RNG, much less player skill. Gearscore should work as a discrete stat budget, not vague one.

I mean yes, Diablo 3 had this problem for a long time but they fixed it and they never had the issue where they had to keep issuing better tiers of gear past one more (ancient legendaries) despite having players sit at the level cap for 2+ years now. Except everyone knows how Blizzard fixed it with tons of blog posts explaining how and why. So I wonder why Massive is so adamant on being stupid and trying to do something that clearly doesn't work.

Man I kept getting insta-downed last night in the DZ by some fool and his sticky bomb. Is this the new meta or something? Every time I fire the game up I play for 10 minutes and wonder why I bothered and put it down for a week or so.

I was so happy to finally crack 180k DPS and almost 300k health but it still isn't enough for the DZ douchebags. I guess I should try for this awesome instakill sticky shit?

Yeah since there's nothing new to be done everyone is running the DZ with Tactician sets and sticky bombing others. I'm not playing solo anymore at all. And even in groups sometimes this is a pain in the ass, everyone just rolling around and overhealing for hours.

Damn, I didn't think to wait and do HVT's until after the update had dropped for a chance at new gear.

I was looking forward, as usual, to the weekly vendor reset but you should probably just hold off on that as well, I guess this pertains mostly to Xbox and PC users although I'm not up-to-date on what will be available to PS4 players come Tuesday.

I run a Striker (3)/Sentry (2) build with an AUG. So when 1.3 drops, am I right to assume:
- My AUG gets a nerf - moves from crit hit % to crit hit dmg
- My gearset gets a nerf - now need 5 pieces to have the same bonuses as 2 and 3
- My AUG ALSO gets a nerf of base damage
?

Is my character just gonna' blow now?

EL CUCO

Damn, I didn't think to wait and do HVT's until after the update had dropped for a chance at new gear.

I was looking forward, as usual, to the weekly vendor reset but you should probably just hold off on that as well, I guess this pertains mostly to Xbox and PC users although I'm not up-to-date on what will be available to PS4 players come Tuesday.
Yup. Even tho PS4 date for 1.3 is still TBD, I'm just collecting DZ funds, Credits, and Mats at this point.
I run a Striker (3)/Sentry (2) build with an AUG. So when 1.3 drops, am I right to assume:
- My AUG gets a nerf - moves from crit hit % to crit hit dmg
- My gearset gets a nerf - now need 5 pieces to have the same bonuses as 2 and 3
- My AUG ALSO gets a nerf of base damage
?

Is my character just gonna' blow now?
On the bright side, you're running what almost everybody is running, so you aren't the only one taking the hit. Hell, even those of us that use 4pc Sentry/Striker will be affected. I'd look into incorporating a 2pc Final measure into your build, since we might be seeing a whole lot more of the sticky icky bomb builds. Unless the devs pull a massive rabbit out of their hat and say "hold up guyz, heres the other half of the story you didnt know...."
______

L-VOAC BP available at DZ03.

Did you complete all your side missions? I think there's an echo thats related to one, but im not sure which one it is.

Oh I've done everything on the map except a few other collectibles. It's the echo in the southern part of Tenderloin, the "asthmatic cleaner victim" one. Not a story one.

EL CUCO

Oh I've done everything on the map except a few other collectibles. It's the echo in the southern part of Tenderloin, the "asthmatic cleaner victim" one. Not a story one.
Ah yes. There's also a visual bug related to that echo. Even if you have collected it, it will still show on your map. If you picked it up and it never registered, you can try to grab it from someone else's map.

Are you on PS4? I can hop on my alt so you can jump in my game and grab it. Hopefully that helps.

Ah yes. There's also a visual bug related to that echo. Even if you have collected it, it will still show on your map. If you picked it up and it never registered, you can try to grab it from someone else's map.

Are you on PS4? I can hop on my alt so you can jump in my game and grab it. Hopefully that helps.

I'm on Xbox, but I actually have already tried that with a friend's map and no dice. I guess I'll have to keep trying friends' maps. But thanks.

darkwing

it's the fastest way to kill someone unprepared, tanktician is the best

fr0st

Banned
it's the fastest way to kill someone unprepared, tanktician is the best
No its not... It forces everyone to run 2 FM and then tanktitians also use it so they can't be killed by sticky/m44 explosive rounds. Ita also not fun PvPing for 10mins without anyone dying due to heals/triage being broken as fuck too. Eventually everyone will just run out of bullets or the whole server is gonna be there and everyone gonna use shock turrets that is ridiculously broken too.

Basically the Nerf to DPS in 1.3 but tanktitian being untouched means that it will probably remain as the meta since the new gear sets are garbage.

Is there anything I should be/can be doing now to prep for Underground? Currently 201GS, can probably be higher if I sort through my stash properly(the one thing I am going to do sometime this weekend).

I have about 40 intel so I could farm a bit more of that I suppose, but not sure whether these dungeons use the same intel or a new form of it?

I also have bugger all phoenix credits left, not sure how useful they are these days though.

Is there anything I should be/can be doing now to prep for Underground? Currently 201GS, can probably be higher if I sort through my stash properly(the one thing I am going to do sometime this weekend).

I have about 40 intel so I could farm a bit more of that I suppose, but not sure whether these dungeons use the same intel or a new form of it?

I also have bugger all phoenix credits left, not sure how useful they are these days though.

I'd concern myself with build composition and the three main stats before worrying about an overall GS. I have tons of 240 GS armor pieces yet my best builds top out at 217, 222, and 225 out of a possible and max 228.

I would imagine the new gear/gear sets are going to come rather fast and furiously in the Operations so I wouldn't get too caught up in trying to change much or waste resources in trying to do so if you already have a build you are comfortable with.

After 200+ runs of Clear Sky, Weekly Falcon's Lost runs, HVT's, etc I have a balanced build (200K DPS, 450K Toughness, 25K Skill) and an alt Tank/Skill build (100K DPS, 480K Toughness, 32K Skill). Both with 75 Armor Mitigation and the latter with a 2 piece Final Measure set-up. I feel totally stuck where I am and totally worn out on the current content. Come on Tuesday...

Edit: Phoenix Credits will be used to buy Underground/Operations vendor gear (?) / blueprints and for recalibration of weapon talents (in combination with the new Weapon Kits currency).

fr0st

Banned

Save phoenix creds for weapon talent recalibration.

I guess just sort through roles with your gear. Have a DPs support and utility roles or one that can function as all (tactician). Also stock up on credits dz and regular and crafting mats since blueprints are always better than drops.

Anfang

Save phoenix creds for weapon talent recalibration.

I guess just sort through roles with your gear. Have a DPs support and utility roles or one that can function as all (tactician). Also stock up on credits dz and regular and crafting mats since blueprints are always better than drops.

I thought weapon recals came from weapon kit drops. Was new info released?

get used to it :p

increase your toughness and get 2 piece final measure for that 50% exotic damage resilience

i have half a mind to re-roll some gear and get 100% EDR to troll sticky douchebags. Can already get to 94% with sub optimal gear

I was solo just trying to get a sealed cache out. Never had one of those before lol.

Figured out the collectibles I couldn't unlock. Some of them don't show up on the map unless you zoom all the way in, and I also just now realized the game tells you which ones you don't have. Got it settled now.

fr0st

Banned
ClzvnTKXEAAOVP-.jpg

5th set is alphabridge

Got to try an incursion last night at long last.

Youtubes I watched made it look like super spongy enemies who plummet your health with any sidelong rifle shot or shotgun blast at range, punctuated by dodging grenade circles every few seconds and popping heals like there's no tomorrow. So I had avoided it until now.

Alas, those videos were the truth. By wave two it already felt like a slog of super defensive play against stupidly armored enemies and we bugged out for more enjoyable fair. With that PvE end-game component put back on the shelf the game has nothing else to offer.

Guess I'll come back when Underground hits, but will watch plenty of streams first to be sure.

Pop

Some noticeable lag right now throughout the whole game.

Edit: Just going to play something else, this delay is annoying.

Got to try an incursion last night at long last.

Youtubes I watched made it look like super spongy enemies who plummet your health with any sidelong rifle shot or shotgun blast at range, punctuated by dodging grenade circles every few seconds and popping heals like there's no tomorrow. So I had avoided it until now.

Alas, those videos were the truth. By wave two it already felt like a slog of super defensive play against stupidly armored enemies and we bugged out for more enjoyable fair. With that PvE end-game component put back on the shelf the game has nothing else to offer.

Guess I'll come back when Underground hits, but will watch plenty of streams first to be sure.
Yeah Incursion is really boring and unfair imo.

GazzaGSi

I don't mind Falcon Lost, especially with a organised decent group it can go by pretty quick although not as quick as clear skies.

fr0st

Banned
So is solo DZ 5/6 farming possible? I can do 1-4 easily but 5/6 NPCs just do so much more damage even with 75% armor and booster shot I still melt. I have 180/380k/23k and use 4 tactician and 2 sentry.
I tried using smart cover/pulse combo but I have to run 2 FM which means it will take longer to kill the NPCs compared to pulse/booster shot.

Another night ruined by Tanktitian Rogues.

I'm seriously thinking about dropping the game, the fun is basically over with this bullshit.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Devs don't understand that you should not split the difference on loot. Either go full MMO and handcraft all the gear that drops at end game, or just turn it into a full on slot machine where loot drops like rain in a thunderstorm and it's up to the player to sort through it all.

Gearscore is supposed to be a rough watermark for the gear you're wearing but your gear can also roll all low ball ranges for all your stats. So basically the gap between someone with the same gear score as you can be fairly large because gear is still dictated by RNG, much less player skill. Gearscore should work as a discrete stat budget, not vague one.

I mean yes, Diablo 3 had this problem for a long time but they fixed it and they never had the issue where they had to keep issuing better tiers of gear past one more (ancient legendaries) despite having players sit at the level cap for 2+ years now. Except everyone knows how Blizzard fixed it with tons of blog posts explaining how and why. So I wonder why Massive is so adamant on being stupid and trying to do something that clearly doesn't work.

Agreed 100%. It makes it worse because Diablo 3 is right there as an example of what NOT to do, yet they don't care or they are not skilled enough to pull it off. I may be the only one, but I loved the single player part of the game. The premise was cool and I really love the gunplay. But endgame is a mess is so many ways and they keep throwing used band aids on it. Everyone I know has quit the game, hell even randoms I did HVTs with a couple of weeks ago and added to my friend list have quit. Incredible that the population has dropped so much before the first dlc even is released.

For division 2, they need to hire some of these people who have left the Diablo 3 team recently.

Exotic dmg resilience @ 70% atm and I still bleed with sticky bombs. Also, disrupted works as usual with me etc. I'm not sure if this is working as intended. Also, I get almost insta-killed by fire :|

Even 100% EDR does not stop bleeding, you need bleed resistance for that.

Similarly, EDR does not affect disruption, shock, blindness, distortion, etc.

EDR offers protection from frag and incendiary grenades, and direct fire damage.

Even 100% EDR does not stop bleeding, you need bleed resistance for that.

Similarly, EDR does not affect disruption, shock, blindness, distortion, etc.

EDR offers protection from frag and incendiary grenades, and direct fire damage.

So it's not working at all. I still melt at the damn cleaners' fire.

Top Bottom