• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

Got to try an incursion last night at long last.

Youtubes I watched made it look like super spongy enemies who plummet your health with any sidelong rifle shot or shotgun blast at range, punctuated by dodging grenade circles every few seconds and popping heals like there's no tomorrow. So I had avoided it until now.

Alas, those videos were the truth. By wave two it already felt like a slog of super defensive play against stupidly armored enemies and we bugged out for more enjoyable fair. With that PvE end-game component put back on the shelf the game has nothing else to offer.

Guess I'll come back when Underground hits, but will watch plenty of streams first to be sure.

Clear Sky is a much more enjoyable affair than Falcon's Lost (an absolute slog) and can be completed in 7-8 minutes on Hard when with the right group. Great for farming weapons and you'll occasionally get a nice GS piece.

J-bo

Hey DivGAF, quick question. I have a GS of 211 and have beaten hard mode for both FL and CS, but always been a little intimidated to try challenge mode. Would I be ale to do it at 211? The only upgrades I can get for GS are now 240, but I'm hesitant to even try on for groups on LFG sites.

Hey DivGAF, quick question. I have a GS of 211 and have beaten hard mode for both FL and CS, but always been a little intimidated to try challenge mode. Would I be ale to do it at 211? The only upgrades I can get for GS are now 240, but I'm hesitant to even try on for groups on LFG sites.

GS doesn't mean anything hahah. If you have decent DPS/Toughness/Skill (>200k/>350/>20k for any), with a good group you should be able to clear it out.

GS doesn't mean anything hahah. If you have decent DPS/Toughness/Skill (>200k/>350/>20k for any), with a good group you should be able to clear it out.

fOahNUq.jpg

GS is no indication of how "strong" your character is.
Do note that these example stats: ">200k/>350/>20k" are for a DPS build,
I usually run CM incursions with my 100k DPS tanktician build.

fr0st

Banned
more stuff from the people who played with devs.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.ph...amp-it-was-Amazing!-Some-things-u-need-2-know

posted on the ubi forums and is not deleted so I assume its real.

*Stash size will be increased to 70

*You can Re-roll your weapon talents and will work in a similar process to that of gear recalibration

*You'll be able to convert 3 gold div tech into any gold Material.

*Gear sets will be 268 with guns at 229 meaning the highest gear score will be 255.

*The new gear sets are guaranteed to drop in darkzone bracket 230+ (both in supply crates and the dz) but only a chance of them dropping in dz brackets 201-228.

*Level 35 enemies are confirmed in the higher dz's but the flamers wont deal more damage but have more toughness.

*Gear and Weapon mods will remain at level 32 max

*Gear sets will come with a guaranteed mod slot now with Chest pieces always dropping with 2 mod slots. This rule does not apply to gloves though

*The increase in the Firearms, Stamina and Electronics stat for the new gear sets sits at around about 12% increase so this means it should increase to 759 roughly, currently it sits at 678.

*A new incursion will be dropping called Dragons Nest

*Assault rifle buffs in pvp will be looked into in the future patches

*The Tanktician build will be looked into in the future patches

the most important info here is the ability to convert gold d tech to crafting mats at a 3:1 ratio and gear set pieces (i assume from 191-268) will always come with a mod slot and chest pieces having 2 mod slots.

anyways since the special report is tomorrow I say we can just wait for info/patch notes.

fOahNUq.jpg

GS is no indication of how "strong" your character is.
Do note that these example stats: ">200k/>350/>20k" are for a DPS build,
I usually run CM incursions with my 100k DPS tanktician build.

I meant any one of those, hahah. Either 200k+ DPS, or 350k+ toughness or 20k+ for skill. :p

more stuff from the people who played with devs.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.ph...amp-it-was-Amazing!-Some-things-u-need-2-know

posted on the ubi forums and is not deleted so I assume its real.

*Stash size will be increased to 70

*You can Re-roll your weapon talents and will work in a similar process to that of gear recalibration

*You'll be able to convert 3 gold div tech into any gold Material.

*Gear sets will be 268 with guns at 229 meaning the highest gear score will be 255.

*The new gear sets are guaranteed to drop in darkzone bracket 230+ (both in supply crates and the dz) but only a chance of them dropping in dz brackets 201-228.

*Level 35 enemies are confirmed in the higher dz's but the flamers wont deal more damage but have more toughness.

*Gear and Weapon mods will remain at level 32 max

*Gear sets will come with a guaranteed mod slot now with Chest pieces always dropping with 2 mod slots. This rule does not apply to gloves though

*The increase in the Firearms, Stamina and Electronics stat for the new gear sets sits at around about 12% increase so this means it should increase to 759 roughly, currently it sits at 678.

*A new incursion will be dropping called Dragons Nest

*Assault rifle buffs in pvp will be looked into in the future patches

*The Tanktician build will be looked into in the future patches

the most important info here is the ability to convert gold d tech to crafting mats at a 3:1 ratio and gear set pieces (i assume from 191-268) will always come with a mod slot and chest pieces having 2 mod slots.

anyways since the special report is tomorrow I say we can just wait for info/patch notes.

Oh man great news. Div Tech will not be (almost) useless anymore.

timewyrm

Hey guys, as far as I understand, tactician's backpack best chance of drop is from Falcon, is that correct ?

Is 115/350/25 good enough for hard ? Currently running 2 piece tactician and 2 piece fm (+ he chest and striker backpack).

Was going for 3 piece strikers but since it's going to be nerfed...

Also, are there 204/214/240 (or whatever it was) high end chests available ? Currently got a 181 or 183 (IIRC) vigourous chest piece, but hoping for higher.

Hey guys, as far as I understand, tactician's backpack best chance of drop is from Falcon, is that correct ?

Is 115/350/25 good enough for hard ? Currently running 2 piece tactician and 2 piece fm (+ he chest and striker backpack).

Was going for 3 piece strikers but since it's going to be nerfed...

Also, are there 204/214/240 (or whatever it was) high end chests available ? Currently got a 181 or 183 (IIRC) vigourous chest piece, but hoping for higher.

Yes, your stats are fine for FL, you can run HM easily and CM with a decent group.

HE non gear-set armor max GS is 204.

Mullah88

ha! a higher dz bracket? and i'm sitting at 218 GS, this should be interesting. will it look in my stash and see if i qualify to join those servers? or will it go by equipped items?

GazzaGSi

ha! a higher dz bracket? and i'm sitting at 218 GS, this should be interesting. will it look in my stash and see if i qualify to join those servers? or will it go by equipped items?

Forgot about that, I've got loads of 240 items that are shit but just horde lol
Time to sell them off. I struggle in my current dz bracket (06) if I'm not in a group, let alone going up another bracket.

Hmmm, the post on Ubi forums has been edited to say -

"Sorry I think I may have misinformed you guys... please wait for the full patch notes being released very soon. Happy darkzoning"

Anyone can be 228 GS without doing a single incursion or stepping foot in the DZ.

231+ will simply require 1 229 GS weapon or 1 268 gear set.

[(240 x 6) + 229 ] / 7 = 238

I'm just bummed that they 'will look into tanktician builds in the future'. I mean... we will continue finding idiots with sticky bombs in every corner. Sigh

•All players must now be present in the final Circle in Clear Sky before you can interact with the laptop and fuses.

•NPCs located in the final Circle in Clear Sky will instantly respawn once killed until players enter the area.

Really? Hey guys this laptop I'm hacking won't work cause the rest of the team is too far.

Okay trailer, top YouTube comment is dope.

So, the cleaners in Dragon's nest have remote controlled cars. That looks interesting - probably chase us out of cover and explode on impact.

•All players must now be present in the final Circle in Clear Sky before you can interact with the laptop and fuses.

•NPCs located in the final Circle in Clear Sky will instantly respawn once killed until players enter the area.

Really? Hey guys this laptop I'm hacking won't work cause the rest of the team is too far.

That's to block the cheese where players could shoot npc's from outside the incursion while one player planted the fuses. Just fix mobile cover ffs.

1.3 Special Report in 10 minutes

https://www.twitch.tv/thedivisiongame

Reduced the Phoenix Credit costs of 204 High-End and 240 Gear Set items and blueprints.

What does this mean? There are no 240 gear sets or blue prints for sale from any vendor. Unless they mean they'll be adding them after the patch?

Players can now matchmake from inside no-respawn areas and can fast travel into activities while the group is in a no-respawn area.
You can no longer kick a group member in a boss fight and up to one minute after it has been completed. This restriction does not apply to group members who are AFK or outside the mission area.

Finally, they fix this.

Players can no longer deploy Mobile Cover skill while they are performing a Cover-to-Cover move.

RIP Cheese. New one will find a way :p

Exotic Damage Resilience is now capped at 90%.

Fucking called it! Knew this was going to happen.

Wow, the Sentry/Striker nerf is brutal. RIP.

Sentry’s Call and Striker’s Battlegear gear sets have had their two-set and three-set bonus reduced, and we have added a new five-set bonus. The four-set bonuses have not been changed.

Sentry’s Call bonuses were:
2 Set: +30% Headshot Damage
3 Set: +20% Damage to Elites

Sentry’s Call bonuses are now:
Sentry’s Call 2 Set: +10% Headshot Damage
Sentry’s Call 3 Set: +10% Damage to Elites

Sentry’s Call 5 Set: +20% Headshot Damage and +10% Damage to Elites

Striker’s Battlegear bonuses were:
2 Set: +20% Enemy Armor Damage
3 Set: +50% Critical Hit Damage

Striker’s Battlegear bonuses are now
Striker’s Battlegear 2 Set: +10% Enemy Armor Damage
Striker’s Battlegear 3 Set: +20% Critical Hit Damage

Striker’s Battlegear 5 Set: +10% Enemy Armor Damage and +30% Critical Hit Damage

Alpha ridge 4 piece is garbage - wtf is this, have to equip 2 of the same weapon types to activate...lmao

Basically it means you can have 6 active talents but need 2 of the same type of weapon.

Dead eye 4 piece is very interesting, nobody scopes with marksman rifles anyway.

Wow that Showstopper. Exclusive from heroic Dragon's Nest I assume.

PP-19 has 100+ bullets in the mag. Fuck.

100 phoenix creds to re-calibrate a weapon talent. 149 PC for 2nd re-calibration, 201 PC for 3rd. Capped at 6 times.

Weapon kits can be crafted with any HE materials.

No more forced slow walk into the BoO, lol.

GazzaGSi

Some pretty decent changes although I won't lie, I'm gutted about the sentry/striker nerf. Spent ages perfecting that loadout where I can have a 4/2 of each or a 3/3 setup depending on what our group is running.
May see how a 5 piece sentry performs with a set of savage gloves. Still abit pissed at it though :(

Hard underground rewards are 182 weapons and 214 gear sets.

Assuming CM = 204 and 240, Heroic = 229 and 268 GS.

Basically, just farm Heroic.

Every UG level up grants a sealed cache that will drop weapons or gear according to your GS.

Some pretty decent changes although I won't lie, I'm gutted about the sentry/striker nerf. Spent ages perfecting that loadout where I can have a 4/2 of each or a 3/3 setup depending on what our group is running.
May see how a 5 piece sentry performs with a set of savage gloves. Still abit pissed at it though :(

Savage is pretty useless with pulse crit chance cap, vigorous chest is a better option.

Napalm RC lmao

Got one shot on hard mode

Dragons's nest looks like a lot of fun. HM bosses dropped 182 GS items :(

Looks like HM CS and FL will also be nerfed to 182 weapons. 204 for CM and 229 for Heroic :/

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Hard underground rewards are 182 weapons and 214 gear sets.

Assuming CM = 204 and 240, Heroic = 229 and 268 GS.

Basically, just farm Heroic.

Every UG level up grants a sealed cache that will drop weapons or gear according to your GS.

Savage is pretty useless with pulse crit chance cap, vigorous chest is a better option.

Why even have Hard mode then? That is useless.

fr0st

Banned
But for what purpose. The endgame is always PvP and the current state of PvP in this game fucking sucks.
Until a proper PvP mode is implemented its always gonna suck.

Having a classless but classes skill system also fucked the game over.

You can farm underground if you get the DLC since the caches are scaled to your GS.

I know, but they have not yet mentioned which sets will drop from UG, plus DZ farming is a lot faster (in a group) and you get way more loot (given you can successfully extract it).

But for what purpose. The endgame is always PvP and the current state of PvP in this game fucking sucks.

Nah, pvp in a loot game can never be the endgame. DZ pvp will likely remain in limbo until the final expansion comes out.

EL CUCO

From Quentin's reaction to the "Tanktaction" comment, seems like they want to see if the higher level items will help balance the meta out. If the problem is still happening, pretty safe to say 1.4 is nerfing them to the ground.

They need to focus in on making me the PVP fun, since It's ultimately the real "end game" for most.

GazzaGSi

I maybe short of the cap if I use a smg with crit damage rather than crit chance.

Still, I suppose I could start a new build completely and go for something else to freshen things up abit.

Top Bottom