• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

I maybe short of the cap if I use a smg with crit damage rather than crit chance.

Still, I suppose I could start a new build completely and go for something else to freshen things up abit.

Absolutely. The reclaimer set looks like a great option for support and solo play.

Deadeye 4 piece with the FW m1a could potentially deal higher dps than sentry 4 piece. Add 2 blind and you got yourself a great alternative to sentry 5 piece.

4 Alpha + 2 lone star means 6 active talents + 2x ammo but limited to one weapon type, has the potential to be a decent solo option.

EL CUCO

Gift me the season pass Cuco :p
image.php

love the new avi, btw :D

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
So, I've finally made level 30 - I'm sitting at 173 GearScore, but I've come to realize that GearScore means very very little. So, what should I be doing to improve my build for the end game?

I've been doing what I can of the Hard Dailies (CM seems to be a bit too difficult still for me), the Search and Destroy missions, the solo HVTs, and soloing the Dark Zone which has been hit and miss. Progress has stalled a bit, so I'm thinking I'm doing something wrong or I need to change my build or something.

If I remember right, I'm sitting at about 80k DPS 108k health and 22k tech.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

fr0st

Banned
9 medkits lmao.

Also does the 100% health regen push it you the next segment? If it doesn't then its useless.

Also caduceus might finally have a use again but you would need points in electronics for it though.

I have 2 augs one with sustained self preserved determined and another with deadly ferocious (gonna reroll) and skilled.

The only problem is ill probably lose DPS due to the sentry Nerf.

So, I've finally made level 30 - I'm sitting at 173 GearScore, but I've come to realize that GearScore means very very little. So, what should I be doing to improve my build for the end game?

I've been doing what I can of the Hard Dailies (CM seems to be a bit too difficult still for me), the Search and Destroy missions, the solo HVTs, and soloing the Dark Zone which has been hit and miss. Progress has stalled a bit, so I'm thinking I'm doing something wrong or I need to change my build or something.

Run HM incursions and weekly HVT's - you'll get 214 and 240 gear sets plus 182 and 204 weapons. Once you cross 201 GS, move up to the higher DZ.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football

Try to get some people to carry you through some incursions, group HVTs and Daily CMs. That is about the only way you are going to progress at this point, IMO. If the rumors are true, the Hard Mode Incursions are about to nerf the rewards anyway.

edit - Though it sounds like Underground will be a great way to gear up on the fly.

Alpha ridge 4 piece is garbage - wtf is this, have to equip 2 of the same weapon types to activate...lmao

Basically it means you can have 6 active talents but need 2 of the same type of weapon.

Dead eye 4 piece is very interesting, nobody scopes with marksman rifles anyway.

Wow that Showstopper. Exclusive from heroic Dragon's Nest I assume.

PP-19 has 100+ bullets in the mag. Fuck.

100 phoenix creds to re-calibrate a weapon talent. 149 PC for 2nd re-calibration, 201 PC for 3rd. Capped at 6 times.

Weapon kits can be crafted with any HE materials.

No more forced slow walk into the BoO, lol.
Edit: nm I'm dumb

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Run HM incursions and weekly HVT's - you'll get 214 and 240 gear sets plus 182 and 204 weapons. Once you cross 201 GS, move up to the higher DZ.

Try to get some people to carry you through some incursions, group HVTs and Daily CMs. That is about the only way you are going to progress at this point, IMO. If the rumors are true, the Hard Mode Incursions are about to nerf the rewards anyway.

edit - Though it sounds like Underground will be a great way to gear up on the fly.

Yeah, as I thought - thanks guys!

?

Finally something to do with them. Been sitting at the 2k cap for weeks with nothing to spend them on.

Not really, 100 PC was expected tbh. 2000 cap is so easy to reach, and PC has no other use at all.

A weapon (when there's a decent bp to buy) is usually 900+ PC. I'm sitting at 2k for weeks now too but that happens because of the shitty RNG nature of things... also rerolling the talents will drain the PC very quickly.

Lima

A weapon (when there's a decent bp to buy) is usually 900+ PC. I'm sitting at 2k for weeks now too but that happens because of the shitty RNG nature if things... also rerolling the talents will drain the PC very quickly.

And you gain them back at an insane rate by just playing the game. Be that doing DZ, Daily missions, HVT's or in the underground DLC. I don't see the issue.

And you gain them back at an insane rate by just playing the game. Be that doing DZ, Daily missions, HVT's or in the underground DLC. I don't see the issue.

Sorry, guess you guys are right. Haven't been doing much lately other than running around in the DZ, maybe that's why I thought this PC stuff was a bad idea? Hahah

vivftp

Alpha ridge 4 piece is garbage - wtf is this, have to equip 2 of the same weapon types to activate...lmao

I dunno, I can see myself using this in the Dark Zone. For example I can have one SMG with damage oriented perks, and another with healing or skill oriented perks. So long as I have the necessary stats to unlock all features, that means both guns will have access to all 6 stats. I could certainly get behind using an SMG or AR with Brutal, Deadly, Destructive, Fierce, Self Preserved and Predatory/Sustained. It could even give lower GS guns a use if they've got all those perks if you just keep them as your secondary and use your more powerful weapon as your primary. I'd probably do this for all weapon types so if I run out of ammo using SMG, I can just swap out to AR and I'm good to go again.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
I dunno, I can see myself using this in the Dark Zone. For example I can have one SMG with damage oriented perks, and another with healing or skill oriented perks. So long as I have the necessary stats to unlock all features, that means both guns will have access to all 6 stats. I could certainly get behind using an SMG or AR with Brutal, Deadly, Destructive, Fierce, Self Preserved and Predatory/Sustained. It could even give lower GS guns a use if they've got all those perks if you just keep them as your secondary and use your more powerful weapon as your primary. I'd probably do this for all weapon types so if I run out of ammo using SMG, I can just swap out to AR and I'm good to go again.
Yeah I was thinking maybe one could put on two Lone Star pieces to circumvent the Ammo issue but than I realized one could just switch weapon types.

Calling it now if the set goes rampant in the DZ the set is going to get nerf to a 5 piece set or put on some sort of timer restriction for the 4th bonus to activate in order to discourage the weapon switching.

vivftp

Yeah I was thinking maybe one could put on two Lone Star pieces to circumvent the Ammo issue but than I realized one could just switch weapon types.

Calling it now if the set goes rampant in the DZ the set is going to get nerf to a 5 piece set or put on some sort of timer restriction for the 4th bonus to activate in order to discourage the weapon switching.

Well I already put on Lone Star gear with ammo mods anyways whenever I refill on ammo, so I should be fine. Add to that the extra medkits from this gear set, and it'll make the Dark Zone much more tolerable.

I haven't purchased the seasons pass yet, but can anyone confirm if I do get it, do I still get access to the paramedic and police backpacks?

Lima

Well I already put on Lone Star gear with ammo mods anyways whenever I refill on ammo, so I should be fine. Add to that the extra medkits from this gear set, and it'll make the Dark Zone much more tolerable.

I haven't purchased the seasons pass yet, but can anyone confirm if I do get it, do I still get access to the paramedic and police backpacks?

Yes

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like

At least in the US I'm going to say NO.. (I could be wrong though).

Because in the US Region to get those outfits you had to participate in the AGENTORIGINS Campaign to get them for free but now? Those sets are up on the US PSN store for $4.99

Edit: Actually maybe yes? Season Pass description hints as such but it doesn't outright says which outfits.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...VSEASONPASS001?scope=sceapp&smcid=sceapp:home

EL CUCO

Any write up of the info? The trailers aren't working.

Mainly the new gear sets
Reclaimer
•Set Bonus (2): +100% Support Station healing speed
•Set Bonus (3): +50% Consumables Duration
•Set Bonus (4): Talent | Reclaimer Consumables and special ammo used now apply to the whole group and are not consumed on use.

B.L.I.N.D.
•Set Bonus (2): +20.0% Pulse critical hit damage
•Set Bonus (3): +100% Blind/Deaf Resistance
•Set Bonus (4): Talent | B.L.I.N.D. System Killing a target creates a flashbang effect at that position

DeadEye
•Set Bonus (2): +20% Marksman Rifle Critical Hit Damage
•Set Bonus (3): +40.0% Initial Bullet Stability
•Set Bonus (4): Talent | DeadEYE While not scoped critical hit chance on marksman rifles is increased to 100%, but headshot damage bonus is removed.

Firecrest
•Set Bonus (2): +3 Incendiary Bullets Capacity
•Set Bonus (3): +100% Reload Speed
•Set Bonus (4): Talent | FireCrest Killing a burning target grants incendiary bullets for 10 seconds.

AlphaBridge
•Set Bonus (2): +2 Medkit Capacity
•Set Bonus (3): +100% Health Regen
•Set Bonus (4): Talent | AlphaBridge If your Primary and Secondary Weapon is of the same category, they both gain all of the unique active talents.

TsuWave

firecrest is the fodder set out of those. the new nomad.

actually the reload speed is nice, very nice, not worth 3 gear slots though

fr0st

Banned
Still mad that the patch was delayed by a whole fucking week on PS4.

I don't know why they couldn't release it on Thursday/Friday so that people can play over the weekend.

Same for DLC as well. The exclusivory only last for 30 day yet it comes out on August 2 for some fucking reason.

fr0st

Banned
Yeah, was 100% in the E3 build. I guess they thought it was a bit much :D
100% isn't much since they need CHC and pulse can be countered anyways. I'm not sure why they keep needing stuff even before they come out instead of collecting data and see where the meta goes.

Instead of needing the Aug and vector they could've buffed the other smgs but I guess that would be too hard and require too much work so they went with the easy route (along with the sentry/striker Nerf)

EL CUCO

Nice, I've had a mixed bag of experience with randoms - some are good enough for CM while others will wipe even on hard modes.

Did you do the sniper building method for CS CM?
3 of us ran over to the left side and drew all the NPC aggro, while the 4th did all the plug planting. Then we hung around the little shack and killed everything.

kriskrosbbk

Guys help me understand something (I am on PS4) .With all these changes I am a bit lost.
I want to buy the LVOA-C BP ,but should I before the patch?
Or maybe I can buy it but roll it only once the patch is live ?
Can you clarify the difference before and after the patch for the BPs?

vivftp

Reading through Reddit, it does seem like people are running into minor bugs here and there. I hope they can get a patch out for all this stuff by the time 1.3 hits on the PS4.

vivftp

I'm reading that they've nerf'd the drop rate of gold div tech in the DZ, and now it seems to be all blue.

I trust you can still pick up gold from the div tech crates, and maybe from named enemies?

I got in and got que'ed at position 3500, which then started counting down one at a time. So I came to work.

But I'm looking forward to the Underground missions. Hope they're even somewhat close to Diablo's GRs.

Top Bottom