• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

Was bummed when my character lost 53k DPS with the nerfs. Played one underground mission, leveled up, opened my sealed cache and got a weapon with 70k more DPS than my nerfed AUG. So, I guess we're cool...

k1t4j

Well at least you can fast travel directly to the terminal or underground section after initially discovering it.

Ah thanks for that tip, I had just entered and now the server went out for maintenance.

I think I might be going crazy but I lost 49k DPS on my MP5, I have only 140 when I remember having 199 last friday (last time I logged in) I need to go read the path notes lol

Well, Operations is crazily addictive. Got to Rank 8 and from the Rank-up Caches I received the BLIND and Firecrest 268 Gloves, three 229 Pistols, the new SMG (229), and the new AR (229). I wasn't able to open the 8th cache as the server just shutdown as we completed the Operation. I'm not sure whether doing Operations on CM will be worth it or not. HM w/ Directives seems like the sweet spot, so far.

My pistol is at 185K DPS, however I have not really used it at all, mostly out of habit.

Lima

Ah thanks for that tip, I had just entered and now the server went out for maintenance.

I think I might be going crazy but I lost 49k DPS on my MP5, I have only 140 when I remember having 199 last friday (last time I logged in) I need to go read the path notes lol

Let me guess 3 striker, 2 sentry?

Those got nerfed to oblivion. Put them in the stash or trash where they belong now.

k1t4j

Let me guess 3 striker, 2 sentry?

Those got nerfed to oblivion. Put them in the stash or trash where they belong now.

You are a pretty cool and helpful dude aren't you? ;)

Yes, kinda getting the feeling for that nerf, while reading the patch notes on reddit oh well. I am sort of happy of the LMG buff, one of my favourite type of weapon in shooters.

When the servers come online I guess I'll try running anLMG+Shotgun combo, I was hoarding these weapons in case they got a buff in the future and a mix of Lone Star and Tactician. I am so tired of SMG+M1A combo, jeez.

Which difficulty level?

That was from the first Operation you do which is on Normal. Doesn't really matter though as the good loot comes from Rank-up Caches anyways. The higher the difficulty the more Underground XP you earn but keep in mind the longer the mission will be because of increased difficulty as well.

I played w/ randoms and was able to complete CM Operations but the sweet spot was clearly HM w/ Directives but that could change w/ better gear and whatnot down the road. CM w/ level 34 enemies is no joke.

Lima

4 piece tactician and 2 final measure will be the way to go for me. I will try out the dead eye set instead of tactician for PvE for sure. I never scope with a m1a anyway.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
That was from the first Operation you do which is on Normal. Doesn't really matter though as the good loot comes from Rank-up Caches anyways. The higher the difficulty the more Underground XP you earn but keep in mind the longer the mission will be because of increased difficulty as well.

I played w/ randoms and was able to complete CM Operations but the sweet spot was clearly HM w/ Directives but that could change w/ better gear and whatnot down the road. CM w/ level 34 enemies is no joke.

Thanks for the info.

Kadin

Anyone else having their map glitch out after trying to open it a second time? I posted this on reddit and didn't get any responses. Notice the yellow outline of my character off on the far right. Once this happens, I can't figure out how to get back into my map cause I should be seeing it here.

Sorry for the crap phone capture.

Z9AfVsI.jpg

EL CUCO

Underground has new trophies/achievements. Those bums at bungle couldn't even give us that in the first 2 expansions lol
Begin with a BANG:
Access the Tactical Operations Center.

Objectively Experienced:
Complete each of the 6 different mission objectives in the underground.

The Beast Below:
Reach Underground Rank 40.

Tier One:
In a group of 4 finish an Operation on Challenge with 5 directives enabled.

Gone Spelunking:
Retrieve all 55 Audio Logs and 25 UrbEx Diaries the Underground.

GazzaGSi

Impressions sound good and the loot drops/caches sound promising. No doubt the rate will be nerfed soon enough like most times when loot drops are too frequent/consistent :p

Underground has new trophies/achievements. Those bums at bungle couldn't even give us that in the first 2 expansions lol

Had no idea about that, being a trophy whore that's music to my ears :) even though I have severely cut back compared to my trophy hunting days it's still nice to have some to aim for with me enjoying the game.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
In the trailer for this new update ubi shows free costumes for splinter cell,rainbow six and other one.I check in the ubisoft club in the xbox one and i only see the splinter cell and ghost recon costumes are locked until 5th of july.Where is the rainbow six costume?

Played some UG solo missions on Hard and really enjoyed it--until I DC'ed. Try again tomorrow!

In the trailer for this new update ubi shows free costumes for splinter cell,rainbow six and other one.I check in the ubisoft club in the xbox one and i only see the splinter cell and ghost recon costumes are locked until 5th of july.Where is the rainbow six costume?

Pretty sure you have to play RS Siege to get the RS costume.

GazzaGSi

Pretty sure you have to play RS Siege to get the RS costume.

Or the beta, well in my case anyway as I didn't buy the game but tried the beta.

Don't have season pass. Is UG worth getting?

Very curious myself

From the streams I've watched and comments in here it sounds very promising and looks decent/challenging. I'm happy it's PVE content too. Once the initial connection issues and teething problems from the launch of 1.3 have been sorted it certainly seems like it could be a good patch and decent content.

Ketch

Hello division GAF. I played the shit out of this game when it came out. 80 hours in a couple weeks. I played a bunch of challenge modes, and I've seen all of the dark zone.... But I never did any farming or raids or anything, and I currently at like 175 gear score.... Is this expansion for me?

EL CUCO

They'll be available next week Tuesday on all platforms.

Hello division GAF. I played the shit out of this game when it came out. 80 hours in a couple weeks. I played a bunch of challenge modes, and I've seen all of the dark zone.... But I never did any farming or raids or anything, and I currently at like 175 gear score.... Is this expansion for me?

If the idea of bringing Greater Rifts into Division sounds good to you, then I'd say yes, from my first impression. I was in a similar position as you and it seems great to me.

Lima

This is almost as good as rifts in Diablo 3. I say almost because obviously it doesn't reach Diablo mechanically but that ain't necessarily a bad thing.

Put on some chill music and grind away with some friends (it is also endlessly grind-able with no loot lockout yay). I just did and when I took a look at the clock I realized it is time to go to bed (4am lol).

There was some bullshit in the DZ tonight. This one dude kept killing me and my pals with less than one magazine without explosive bullets. We were all 400k+ toughness. Even with the Survivor Link activated. I forgot what his nickname was but there's video of it.

And later I got killed behind cover getting hit by bullets and fire coming from the other side. Like there was no cover.

WTF.

Ashtar

I kind of feel like this DLC deserves a new thread in the general gaming forum, precedent has been set, the only problem is that only 30% of the population has access to the content :/

Lima

I kind of feel like this DLC deserves a new thread in the general gaming forum, precedent has been set, the only problem is that only 30% of the population has access to the content :/

70% are playing on PS4? What's next on tales from my ass?

Btw there is a thread.

Some things to note:

Even though Underground can drop all except the DZ gear sets, it seems it's heavily weighted towards Firecrest and Blind gear sets :(

Falcon Lost has been tweaked and the APC now hits you even in the pit.

Good luck with that no scope. M1A blooms like crazy from the hip now.

Nobody scopes with marksman rifles bruh.

i like his idea of the reclaimer build! i think that'll be the new tactician build

Yup, it seems like a much stronger support class than tactician. I have some interesting combos in mind to try out once the dlc comes out on PS4 (and I end up buying it ofc) :p

70% are playing on PS4? What's next on tales from my ass?

Btw there is a thread.

No, but 70% quit ;)

Some things to note:

Even though Underground can drop all except the DZ gear sets, it seems it's heavily weighted towards Firecrest and Blind gear sets :(

Falcon Lost has been tweaked and the APC not hits you even in the pit.

Nobody scopes with marksman rifles bruh.

Yup, it seems like a much stronger support class than tactician. I have some interesting combos in mind to try out once the dlc comes out on PS4 (and I end up buying it ofc) :p

Not or now? If now........................... :|

Brakara

Don't have season pass. Is UG worth getting?

If you like the game, then yes. And unlike HVTs it scales if you play solo, and it has matchmaking.

As a primarily solo player (who sometimes plays with one friend), I really disliked patch 1.2, but this has sucked me right back in.

Ted

I've not got the chance to play (PS4) but it seems that the update seem to be more good news than bad news for a change beyond the connectivity issues. Is this the general consensus?

And unlike HVTs it scales if you play solo, and it has matchmaking.

That sounds good.

I haven't followed the update news (PS4 user) too closely but I am assuming these new missions have hard and challenging modes, if that's the case do both difficulty levels scale?

Hard story missions scale according to number of players.

Challenging and Heroic missions do not scale.

Incursions do not scale.

Underground operations (any difficulty) scale according to number of players.

Brakara

I've not got the chance to play (PS4) but it seems that the update seem to be more good news than bad news for a change beyond the connectivity issues. Is this the general consensus?

Definitely.

I haven't followed the update news (PS4 user) too closely but I am assuming these new missions have hard and challenging modes, if that's the case do both difficulty levels scale?

There are 4 difficulty modes, like normal missions. I haven't tried Challenge and Heroic, but Normal and Hard seem to scale. But I wouldn't be surprised if Challenge and Heroic didn't scale, since normal missions don't scale on these difficulties.

Ted

Hard story missions scale according to number of players.

Challenging and Heroic missions do not scale.

Incursions do not scale.

Underground operations (any difficulty) scale according to number of players.

Definitely.

There are 4 difficulty modes, like normal missions. I haven't tried Challenge and Heroic, but Normal and Hard seem to scale. But I wouldn't be surprised if Challenge and Heroic didn't scale, since normal missions don't scale on these difficulties.

Thanks DeathJr and Brakara.

Since these Underground missions sound like they do scale on player count it sounds like it will be perfect for me because as much as I like playing with a group, the few from my friends list who did end up picking this up have pretty much dropped the game and those that haven't are way ahead of me now so I do play a lot of solo.

Matchmaking works for the dailies as everyone is doing them but I've not found an effective way to reliably quick find groups for the HVT missions so have largely ignored them.

Between this and still having fun solo in the DZ (yes, I know it's not effective but man is it fun) I should be good for a chunk more hours! I might finally get good enough gear to try an incursion!

Cheers OT folk, much appreciated as ever.

J-Rzez

Got to say underground aka Rifts is pretty good at killing time. This is a huge boon to PVE players who don't want to deal with the DZ nonsense. I'd play fast though. I have a feeling they'll be nerfing the drop rates on things fairly quickly. I already have full 229 weapons, one set of 268 armor, same with my buddy. And we're just rank 11 in the underground thus far.

Khasim

Where can I find weapon kits? I don't want to craft them because I don't have much Phoenix Credits and it's expensive.

They drop from named enemies and UG chests (the ones you can find during the leve), I even got one from trash elites in a heroic story mission. I hit rank 11 and I think I had 5 of them though, so they aren't very common.

Misuta

They drop from named enemies and UG chests (the ones you can find during the leve), I even got one from trash elites in a heroic story mission. I hit rank 11 and I think I had 5 of them though, so they aren't very common.

I don't have the Underground DLC. :(

TsuWave

never cared for the mp7 but with the nerf to aug and vector i find myself farming for a decent one. best i've got is a 204 one with deadly, accurate and capable.

i'll roll capable to brutal when the patch hits on ps4 next week.

Top Bottom