• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

T.O.P

Banned
I'm so lost lol

Just got back after a month and so many sets and shit that i donnow where to look

I'm really enjoying the Underground stuff tho, gonna start playing this again i guess :)

If I had one negative to say about the Underground is that I expected there to be more of a variety regarding the environment layouts considering Massive and the previews let on that you would rarely see the same location, however, in my experience I see the exact same play-spaces over and over again.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Got to say underground aka Rifts is pretty good at killing time. This is a huge boon to PVE players who don't want to deal with the DZ nonsense. I'd play fast though. I have a feeling they'll be nerfing the drop rates on things fairly quickly. I already have full 229 weapons, one set of 268 armor, same with my buddy. And we're just rank 11 in the underground thus far.

Damn, really? I am level 10 and don't have nearly any of that. I did get a 204 G36 and that was great. I did get 3 pieces of Firecrest and a couple of 204 SVD rifles. I matched up with some randoms last night and one guy was the RNG king. He was getting 229 weapons (mostly pistols) when I was getting 182 Operator kneepads.

With that said, I am sure Massive will put a big nerf on it soon, so better get all you can now. I am really enjoying it though. The most rewarding game mode in the game, IMO.

jet1911

I really like the DLC. Seems that there's always some good loot during and at the end of each UG. It's fun and rewarding to do solo run too. A bit drustrating because if you die you fail and must start a new operation haha.

People farming UG - try to have at least one directive activated each time. It adds a bonus drop at the end of the mission. Having more than 1 directive does nothing but grant more xp.

If you want to make efficient use of directive intel, probably best to activate just fog of war and farm hard UG for rank up packages.

J-Rzez

People farming UG - try to have at least one directive activated each time. It adds a bonus drop at the end of the mission. Having more than 1 directive does nothing but grant more xp.

If you want to make efficient use of directive intel, probably best to activate just fog of war and farm hard UG for rank up packages.

Actually iirc when I added 2 it changed the reward, to a weapon i think, along with the more XP.

Deku Tree

Can anyone tell me what has changed since the first incursion? Is the underground only available on X1? I don't even know what it is lol, paid DLC?

Can anyone tell me what has changed since the first incursion? Is the underground only available on X1? I don't even know what it is lol, paid DLC?

A LOT has changed. In brief: weapon-balancing overhaul, 9 free gear sets, redone/generous new loot system, DZ rope-cutting, new weapons, etc.

Underground is out now on Xbone and PC and comes to PS4 on August 2nd. It's $15 if you don't have the season pass and comes with 4 gear sets, the randomly-generated dungeon system and more stuff.

GazzaGSi

I know it's just 'business' but I'm pretty gutted about the DLC delay for PS4 (or Xbox/pc early content, however you look at it). Seeing some of the streams and comments in here has now wedged a big divide in the discussion (not that it's been that active anyway recently!) as some have the content and some don't. Hope the pay off was worth it Massive now there's even more a division community split with those that are left.

Deku Tree

A LOT has changed. In brief: weapon-balancing overhaul, 9 free gear sets, redone/generous new loot system, DZ rope-cutting, new weapons, etc.

Underground is out now on Xbone and PC and comes to PS4 on August 2nd. It's $15 if you don't have the season pass and comes with 4 gear sets, the randomly-generated dungeon system and more stuff.

What is this randomly-generated dungeon system? Is it good? Sounds like Bloodborne Chalice Dungeons.

Anyone have a loot table for The Division post 1.3 patch?

On the lookout for 268 Gear Set items and so far they've mostly only been dropping for me as caches in the Underground with pretty weak drops as the rewards for finishing the missions on hard (does challenging guarantee better?). Found a couple in the Darkzone, but DZ05-06 were really frustrating this morning (everyone's hunting everyone, everyone has 500k toughness/max mitigation/high exotic resilience, so the fights are just kind of long and boring).

What is this randomly-generated dungeon system? Is it good? Sounds like Bloodborne Chalice Dungeons.

Yeah, it's basically a chalice dungeon. You set set up an "operation" to go into the subway/sewer system of New York and it generates a new mission layout every time you play (including on-death). You can also assign modifiers like the skulls in Halo to increase the difficulty and get better rewards.

Deku Tree

Yeah, it's basically a chalice dungeon. You set set up an "operation" to go into the subway/sewer system of New York and it generates a new mission layout every time you play (including on-death). You can also assign modifiers like the skulls in Halo to increase the difficulty and get better rewards.

Can you save good ones and share them with others?

Can you save good ones and share them with others?

No, it's nothing like that.

In setting up an Operation you select the difficulty, the number of phases, and modifiers. The Operations are your normal story type mission objectives that generally lead to killing a boss. You earn XP with each completion. You earn extra XP with modifiers activated. You get end-game level loot with Rank-up Caches.

dskillzhtown

I am going to try this. I was playing with a group of randoms last night, but wonder if playing UG Hard on solo would be faster since the mode adjusts to the size of the party.

DrBo42

If I had one negative to say about the Underground is that I expected there to be more of a variety regarding the environment layouts considering Massive and the previews let on that you would rarely see the same location, however, in my experience I see the exact same play-spaces over and over again.
Yeah the variety has been disappointing.

LifEndz

Man... it's going to be tough waiting until aug 2nd. :|

Yup. Just started playing this again. Finally am able to matchmake into dailys, so I'm looking forward to jumping back into this. Went from 140 gear score to 165 after running the daily twice. Looking forward to the 2nd.

dskillzhtown

Yeah, especially with all this positive feedback we're reading. Plus, they'll probably nerf the drop rates before ps4 gets it -_-

I hope they don't nerf drop rates, but if history is any indicator, they will. I really don't want them to nerf the G36 though they already said they would.

edit - I take that back. Maybe they won't nerf it to sell DLC

dskillzhtown

Is the game worth $40? Amazon has it for a great price and I've been wanting to jump in.

I think it is. I thoroughly enjoyed the "story mode". The end game is a bit of a mess, but it got much better with the new DLC. But I had put in 3 days of gametime before I even got to the end game, so it was more than worth it for me.

ACR0019

I think it is. I thoroughly enjoyed the "story mode". The end game is a bit of a mess, but it got much better with the new DLC. But I had put in 3 days of gametime before I even got to the end game, so it was more than worth it for me.

Thanks for the response! I'm a Destiny addict who wants another loot shooter that allows me to jump in with a few friends and have a good time.

EL CUCO

Thanks for the response! I'm a Destiny addict who wants another loot shooter that allows me to jump in with a few friends and have a good time.
Ex-Destiny addict here. This has certainly satisfied that need for me. It's not the scifi, jump 20 ft in the air with super powers, shoot aliens game, but the overall game has been very enjoyable to me and I think still has a ton of untapped potential. I haven't looked back since.

Archpath1

Are all G36s OP/bugged?
I have an enhanced but I keep hearing about the military is better

That AA12 is cool, friend got one sounds awesome doon doon doon

Ex-Destiny addict here. This has certainly satisfied that need for me. It's not the scifi, jump 20 ft in the air with super powers, shoot aliens game, but the overall game has been very enjoyable to me and I think still has a ton of untapped potential. I haven't looked back since.

:D

I don't like Destiny exactly for that reason, but I enjoy The Division so much. I think the main problem with the game is how uneven and messed up the pvp is, all the gear sets and gear score work nicely for pve, but when we talk pvp it just doesn't work well. That can still be improved/fixed in the future anyway. Guess we'll have to wait.

Deku Tree

I played destiny for like almost 1500 hours. And I got the platinum in the Division but I didn't enjoy playing it so much after that. Got kind of stale for my tastes.

Enemies on heroic are supposed to be more aggressive - only they're just sitting behind cover even more than regular ones. Another 'not working as intended' fix coming soon I guess.

Yeah didn't see much aggression. They did hit harder and have more armour it appears.

xclaw

Looks like the exact same amount of non stop grenade spam.... they really need to come up with some better AI.

Mullah88

Strooooooong pulse, boys lol

they got fucked up yesterday by 1 npc shotgunner and he died laughing at how fast they dropped, that was genuinely funny. even with 535k toughness he took 2 hits and dropped

is there a spreadsheet on where to find the new sets? interested in the alpha sets

Top Bottom