• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

EL CUCO

So I thought you would get 229/268 stuff from heroic missions.

Just did Lemington heroic and everything was 204.
Heroic story missions have lvl33 enemies and reward 204/240. Only Heroic Incursions and UG drop 229/268

Edit: dang another page topper...post more, people! I'm carrying this OT

fr0st

Banned
So I'm assuming someone at massive forgot that PS4 doesn't get the update this week and put a 58? Intel HVT lol.

Lima

Heroic is actually not bad. A lot easier than I thought.

Respect the smart cover. Dragon's Nest on challenging is kinda annoying and you kind of have to cheese the boss fight against the 4 dudes by getting their health low and then all kill them at the same time to not spawn in too many adds.

Then the last part is just straight up dumb sitting behind smart cover with immunize boxes killing shit for what feels like an eternity. Overall I appreciate the more thought out level design of it but the new incursion is kinda bad.

Most fun I had in this DLC is underground on heroic. It's pretty fun with a group of 4.

Heroic is actually not bad. A lot easier than I thought.

Respect the smart cover. Dragon's Nest on challenging is kinda annoying and you kind of have to cheese the boss fight against the 4 dudes by getting their health low and then all kill them at the same time to not spawn in too many adds.

Then the last part is just straight up dumb sitting behind smart cover with immunize boxes killing shit for what feels like an eternity. Overall I appreciate the more thought out level design of it but the new incursion is kinda bad.

Most fun I had in this DLC is underground on heroic. It's pretty fun with a group of 4.

I thought Dragon's Nest was the best one yet concerning gameplay and length comparatively as Falcon's Lost was just a boring slog and Clear Sky needed a middle part in-between the so-called DPS check and the Fuse/Boss fight.

The new one encourages cover mechanics, talents/abilities/skills, and movement. I thought Final Measure gear was going to be a must but I did it first try without it with zero deaths through matchmaking. I imagine a couple parts being a major pain on CM, mostly the ones you mentioned. I would definitely go with a couple pieces of Final Measure for that challenge.

vivftp

Damnit, Ubisoft servers are unavailable.

I wanted to play around with my build a bit and see if I could get to DZ99 finally... I'm sitting at about 98.5 I believe.

Right now I'm running 2 Final Measure, 2 Sentry and 2 Striker with 201k / 378k / 14k. I know I can get my DPS a lot higher by giving up on the final measure pieces, but then I think back to getting utterly melted by flame throwers and sticky bombs in the DZ.

Just to confirm, once you've hit DZ99, can you still be bumped lower by losing XP, or are you locked in?

EL CUCO

You can still lose DZ rank like usual.

Also, went to switch toons but the servers had other plans for me. Rip Division servers 2016-2016

So xbox users how is the new dlc?
Are u happy with it?

Is it worth getting? I'm on PS4 so have to wait. Still not decided if I want to pay for this dlc.

TsuWave

sigh, why do people go into challenge mode incursions with glass cannon builds and everyone in the team but me is using pulse? smh

Edit: dang another page topper...post more, people! I'm carrying this OT

looks at top posters....

cuco pls

image.php

Just saw Hunters Faith kneepads drop in CM Falcon Lost 0_o

The weekly bonus aka double drop can be any set. I've got hunters farce from FL before.

Sadly the weekly bonus from CS always ends up being predator or hunters :(

So I'm assuming someone at massive forgot that PS4 doesn't get the update this week and put a 58? Intel HVT lol.

Reminding again, DO NOT run weekly HVT's on PS4 until after the tuesday patch.

ODDI

FML PS4 dies before the update drops I could out of it for weeks! Ugh I need to get back on for the 2nd of August at least.

GazzaGSi

Reminding again, DO NOT run weekly HVT's on PS4 until after the tuesday patch.

I maybe wrong but I'm sure after every patch/fix everything is reset again anyway? I'm sure once I ran the weekly HVT'S consecutive days after a fix or maintenance had happened.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I've been doing nothing but Operations and new CM/HeroicM missions. Finally tried the Dragon's Nest Incursion, completed on first attempt, no deaths, and no Final Measure. Rewarded with a 214 piece of gear.

Used a 4 piece BLIND and 2 piece Lone Star setup (218K DPS, 433K Toughness, 22K SP - 249 GS). Looking at my Character Page I had 6% EDR and 29% Burn Resistance.

While it was fun it just isn't rewarding enough.

Operations continue to be best on HM with Directives. CM isn't nearly enough rewarding compared to HM as far as XP is concerned and 204 gear/weapons at this point? Blah.

Is it my imagination or have the drops in Underground get nerfed after the first day? I am running HM with Directives and getting 182 weapons most of the time. Maybe I am just not being favored by RNG.

Lima

Is it my imagination or have the drops in Underground get nerfed after the first day? I am running HM with Directives and getting 182 weapons most of the time. Maybe I am just not being favored by RNG.

That is because you are running on hard. The 229 weapons you got were from the underground level up caches.

If you want 229 weapons from every chest you need to run heroic.

I maybe wrong but I'm sure after every patch/fix everything is reset again anyway? I'm sure once I ran the weekly HVT'S consecutive days after a fix or maintenance had happened.

Yeah that happened last time during the patch but it may not happen this time, and if you do your weekly HVT's early, you will miss out on potential 268's for this week.

That is because you are running on hard. The 229 weapons you got were from the underground level up caches.

If you want 229 weapons from every chest you need to run heroic.

Chests on hard in the Underground have a 10% chance to drop GS 268 sets and GS 229 weapons.

So xbox users how is the new dlc?
Are u happy with it?

Is it worth getting? I'm on PS4 so have to wait. Still not decided if I want to pay for this dlc.

Really enjoying underground but shame the underground caches are favoured towards blind and firecrest gear sets.

Heroic missions such as lexington are not as hard I thought but then I'm sitting around 243 gear score with the OP g36c

Still not entered either dragons nest or the higher dz so can't comment on them.

Only issue I have is that there is no reason to do missions or HVT as drops are still at the 204 range and there are no modifiers to increase difficulty and loot levels.
At present I just sit in the underground running hard mode with the 1st 2 modifiers as best for time/xp.

I have been running 4 piece Blind and 2 lonestar and think the gear set is brilliant. Killing a mobile and seeing a flashbang go off is great crowd control if used correctly.

All the sets and where to farm them.

https://division.zone/items/gear-sets/

Underground pls SMH

Really enjoying underground but shame the underground caches are favoured towards blind and firecrest gear sets.

I have been running 4 piece Blind and 2 lonestar and think the gear set is brilliant. Killing a mobile and seeing a flashbang go off is great crowd control if used correctly.

Blind set is fucking trash. As is lone star. Thanks for giving me a laugh.

Yup, have no intention of running blind, firecrest or lone star sets. Crap-tier sets with some situational usefulness.

GazzaGSi

Yeah that happened last time during the patch but it may not happen this time, and if you do your weekly HVT's early, you will miss out on potential 268's for this week.

Yep you're right. Not worth the risk if they don't reset.

Anyone on Xbox done the HVT'S (high risk)? Read earlier the npc's aren't scaling correctly and level 30 npc's are all that are spawning for the 2 most difficult HVT's.

I'm enjoying the gear I have currently until something better comes across and it's certainly more enjoyable than shooting a sticky bomb that majority of players seem to enjoy.

Glad I made someone laugh today though

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Yep you're right. Not worth the risk if they don't reset.

Anyone on Xbox done the HVT'S (high risk)? Read earlier the npc's aren't scaling correctly and level 30 npc's are all that are spawning for the 2 most difficult HVT's.

I haven't tried it, but I will when I get home!

God tier rolls on Lone Star + 2 piece 100% ammo bonus and Flashbang effect w/ 4 piece BLIND makes that combo anything but trash.

It's all dependent on how the pieces are rolled and whether they have high skill power, armor, crits, etc.

What about challenging?

Regular CM Operation bosses/chests drop 204 gear. With Directives active I'm assuming that goes up as it does with HM Operations and active Directives.

Taking into consideration of time, XP earned, etc then I still feel HM with Directives and multiple phases is the best way to go. You can get about 3500 XP with like three active Directives in a two Phase Operation.

DrBo42

Regular CM Operation bosses/chests drop 204 gear. With Directives active I'm assuming that goes up as it does with HM Operations and active Directives.

Taking into consideration of time, XP earned, etc then I still feel HM with Directives and multiple phases is the best way to go. You can get about 3500 XP with like three active Directives in a two Phase Operation.

Is there a specific mode people are farming Intel in to keep up that directive use? Run normals and reset at intel?

Maybe I should reword saying 4 pieces BLIND is 'brilliant' to 'enjoyable'

It's different and makes a change from sentry and striker or 4 piece tacticians.

What I want to try next is 3 piece firecrest for the 100% reload and 2 piece BLIND for the additional pulse.

EL CUCO

Yannick said this morning that w/e bugs were introduced with 1.3 will most likely be there for the PS4 patch, as well. He mentioned they're currently working hard at getting another client update up soon.

Hopefully we can witness the glory of G36 after all. I think the Reclaimer will be nerfed into the ground before Aug 2nd tho.

Hope not, reclaimer feels amazing and there is really no reason to nerf it. Just fix Triage ffs.

Luckily I'm on xbox but on PC it's possible to hot key consumables so you can trigger them all at once.
Teams in dz with all consumables active due to bugged 4 pieces reclaimer.

Lima

God tier rolls on Lone Star + 2 piece 100% ammo bonus and Flashbang effect w/ 4 piece BLIND makes that combo anything but trash.

It's all dependent on how the pieces are rolled and whether they have high skill power, armor, crits, etc.

Lone star you can just change to when getting ammo. No need to have it on you all the time. 2 piece blind is okay, 3 and 4 piece is fucking trash.

Lone star you can just change to when getting ammo. No need to have it on you all the time. 2 piece blind is okay, 3 and 4 piece is fucking trash.

Great rolls on any gear makes it worthwhile to have on all the time. Switching to it isn't always viable depending on the game situation. Great rolls + 100% ammo (more bullets = more damage potential) = Win, win. It isn't like the 2 set bonuses on other sets are must haves. Flashbang effect makes the BLIND set great at crowd control which can be life-saving (100% Blind/Deaf Resistance is an obvious and useful side effect of the 4 piece bonus), I don't know anyone could say otherwise.

Deadeye working as expected, 4-piece makes your m1a/svd into a long range assault rifle where you can just spam body shots. The dps output seems way more than strikers.

It would be broken in pvp with an ammo station.

Yup, there are never enough enemies bunched up together that you need to have a 4-piece blind set. A decent skill build with flashbang and/or gas mines is just as good.

Any word on the Deadeye set? Curious to see if the 4-piece Deadeye can out-dps the 4-piece Sentry set.

Great rolls on any gear makes it worthwhile to have on all the time. Switching to it isn't always viable depending on the game situation. Great rolls + 100% ammo (more bullets = more damage potential) = Win, win. It isn't like the 2 set bonuses on other sets are must haves. Flashbang effect makes the BLIND set great at crowd control which can be life-saving (100% Blind/Deaf Resistance is an obvious and useful side effect of the 4 piece bonus), I don't know anyone could say otherwise.

Effective crowd control can be achieved by skills like turrets and seeker mines, talents that apply effects to multiple enemies and with good teamwork of calling out enemies and having a dedicated tank taking most of the aggro. The 4-piece blind set can be decent in certain situations (especially for solo play), but honestly it's not good enough when compared to the other popular sets.

I can see someone running 4 piece blind solo but not really in a team.

Yup, there are never enough enemies bunched up together that you need to have a 4-piece blind set. A decent skill build with flashbang and/or gas mines is just as good.

Any word on the Deadeye set? Curious to see if the 4-piece Deadeye can out-dps the 4-piece Sentry set.

Effective crowd control can be achieved by skills like turrets and seeker mines, talents that apply effects to multiple enemies and with good teamwork of calling out enemies and having a dedicated tank taking most of the aggro. The 4-piece blind set can be decent in certain situations (especially for solo play), but honestly it's not good enough when compared to the other popular sets.

I can see someone running 4 piece blind solo but not really in a team.

Operations provide plenty of moments where enemies are bunched up as do other game modes as well.

It's been a great combo for me in solo or team play during Operations, Incursions, and CM/Heroic Missions.

The point being was that it is not "trash" and can be quite useful as most of the gear sets can be alone or in combination with other sets/HE pieces with unique talents..

What's the point of heroic difficulty for story missions if they only drop 204 items? WTF
LLShC.gif

Yeah, I was expecting Heroic mode to be some super difficultly with all 34 or even 35 level enemies with 229/268 gear rewards. More punishing yet rewarding game modes pathing ways to the game's best loot seems like a good idea in keeping it somewhat fresh while adding longevity.

The only change to blind 4 pieces I would make is to have the flashback effect instant instead of a timer like throwing a grenade.

I would also like to either remove the red circle warning or make it a different color as sometimes I go diving out of the way not knowing that it was from the BLIND bonus.

Top Bottom