• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

Quick reminder for the beginning of the week, if you haven't done the weekly HVT's yet and are on PS4, hold off until after the patch/maintenance tomorrow that way you'll have a chance at the new gear score stuff dropping and new weapons.

Most if not all of you probably realise this but just thought i'd put it out again :)

GazzaGSi

Quick reminder for the beginning of the week, if you haven't done the weekly HVT's yet and are on PS4, hold off until after the patch/maintenance tomorrow that way you'll have a chance at the new gear score stuff dropping and new weapons.

Most if not all of you probably realise this but just thought i'd put it out again :)

Also if people are short on Intel get farming as the expensive weekly is almost 60 lol
Heard there's afew bosses in it though so quite afew drops.

UG rank and 17 and still no proper 4 piece set.
Running 2 blind, 2 firecrest and 2 lonestar.

210k/390k/20k

I don't think you're missing out on anything great, at least nothing as good as Striker, Sentry & Tactician.
The new 4 piece bonuses are quite underwhelming (except Reclaimer, of course, which is awesome).
I'm trying a full FireCrest set at the moment and it's ridiculously hard to land the killing shot on a target within the 3 seconds they're on fire.
BLIND should be much better after we get the special set weapon, right now it's kinda ok.
I'd be surprised if DeadEye is an increase in DPS for anyone, since marksman rifles have such a huge headshot bonus and it's easy to land them consistently.
AlphaBridge should be nice but ammo might be a problem since you need to use 2 weapons of the same type, and the 2 and 3 piece bonuses aren't great.

I don't think you're missing out on anything great, at least nothing as good as Striker, Sentry & Tactician.
The new 4 piece bonuses are quite underwhelming (except Reclaimer, of course, which is awesome).
I'm trying a full FireCrest set at the moment and it's ridiculously hard to land the killing shot on a target within the 3 seconds they're on fire.
BLIND should be much better after we get the special set weapon, right now it's kinda ok.
I'd be surprised if DeadEye is an increase in DPS for anyone, since marksman rifles have such a huge headshot bonus and it's easy to land them consistently.
AlphaBridge should be nice but ammo might be a problem since you need to use 2 weapons of the same type, and the 2 and 3 piece bonuses aren't great.

I tried 4 pieces blind and after enjoying it for a while I found it was more hassle than helpful.

Alphabridge 3 piece healing is quite a good bonus.
I want to try the 4 pieces with my G36 and caduceus but so far only had 1 piece drop and it was an awful roll.
I can see this set being used with 2 piece lonestar for the ammo due to having the same weapon equipped.

I've got 22 :p

I doubt they will drop 229/268 since they are lower level caches.

They won't. While the contents of a cache is determined when it is opened, the level of the item isn't. Example: A cache that has a max dz funds of 4017 will always be 182/214 item, while one that has a max of 4280 will be 204/240.

I tried 4 pieces blind and after enjoying it for a while I found it was more hassle than helpful.

Alphabridge 3 piece healing is quite a good bonus.
I want to try the 4 pieces with my G36 and caduceus but so far only had 1 piece drop and it was an awful roll.
I can see this set being used with 2 piece lonestar for the ammo due to having the same weapon equipped.

I'm hoping to try AlphaBridge with my G36 and Caduceus, too.
Arrkkz swears by it in this video.

AB looks like a good option for a solo build, but I'd be bored super fast limited to only using one type of weapon all the time. The game barely has any weapon variety as it is.

It's also quite lame that AB only works for talents that you meet the requirements to activate.

Looks like you dont get anymore UG caches once you hit rank 40. Good thing I have kids that can grind my alts :D

ftfy :p

Looks like you dont get anymore UG caches once you hit rank 40. Good thing I have alts :D

Wow, that's awful. I'm closing in on 25 (14 on my alt). I'm not sure why they don't just keep the ranks going with reward caches. I guess it will be all about Heroic Operations with Directives at that point just for a chance at something worthwhile.

EL CUCO

IapMcID.gif

Wow, that's awful. I'm closing in on 25 (14 on my alt). I'm not sure why they don't just keep the ranks going with reward caches. I guess it will be all about Heroic Operations with Directives at that point just for a chance at something worthwhile.

UG ranks will probably go up to a higher cap with the next update/expansion.

It's called artificially padding content. Bungie has been doing it with Destiny since launch.

What's the best place to farm for a Caduceus?

Hard story mission bosses.

What's awful is that you will end up getting mostly firecrest and blind 268's from your UG caches. Not sure I want to invest all my time and effort grinding UG for those.

EL CUCO

July 5th - Maintenance

Here is the list of changes to be implemented with the July 5th maintenance:
•Deployment of Content Update 1.3 for all PlayStation 4 players. This does not enable the content of Expansion I: Underground which is scheduled for release on August 2nd.
•Fixed a bug where High Value Target NPCs were capped at level 30 maximum. This will also fix the issue where they were not dropping any Target Intel.
•Fixed a bug where players that died after defeating the final encounter would be able to repeat it and gain loots again.
•Fixed instances of server instability that could lead to players being disconnected from the game.
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1468299-July-5th-Maintenance?p=11814475#post11814475

After some testing with 3 pieces of AlphaBridge to see the health regen bonus in action what am I missing here as I'm getting largely different results. Firstly it seemingly takes forever for the regen to activate and secondly when I take damage into say my second health segment I only regen health for that segment alone and do not regen to full health as he is showing in the video.

What's awful is that you will end up getting mostly firecrest and blind 268's from your UG caches. Not sure I want to invest all my time and effort grinding UG for those.

Both sets offer useful + piece bonuses and unique set talents, however, yes it would be nice to see more of a balanced drop rate for the other sets.

fr0st

Banned
After some testing with 3 pieces of AlphaBridge to see the health regen bonus in action what am I missing here as I'm getting largely different results. Firstly it seemingly takes forever for the regen to activate and secondly when I take damage into say my second health segment I only regen health for that segment alone and do not regen to full health as he is showing in the video.
He regents full health cause he's in base.

If you're in actual combat it regens only to the last segment.

However if you pair it with smart cover it can heal way faster. (Assuming you don't get hit).

Really liking my build right now, but getting to be a grind trying to improve it...

230k DPS
508k Toughness (75% mitigation)
19k Skill Power
I mainly use the GS36 (but that DPS isn't inflated by Focused talent, since I re-rolled off of it) and a really well rolled PP (high base damage + deadly, destructive + one more).
3 Sentry's Call / 2 Final Measures, mostly 268 gear set items.

Alternately, I can go:
229K DPS
499k toughness (74.9% mitigation)
24k Skill Power

...just hoping that I can find a 229 Sentry/Final Measure/Tactician's Authority backpack with good rolls as that's sort of my only missing piece right now.

My biggest hope? That we get a level 33 Stamina mod blueprint which I'd roll for a bonus Skill Power.

Archpath1

They should of just kept the way predator works for the Blind/Firecrest sets - x amount of hits on same target to proc a flashbang/fire effect

Too much of a hassle to get final hit

Was able to do 2 phase heroic with 3 directives pretty fun and tough
Good chance of getting good shit

GazzaGSi

So we're actually being forced to download the underground content without having access to it? GG Massive.

Seen this with afew games, frustrating to say the least if you're not getting the DLC.

As soon as the patch is installed/updated and servers are back online I'll be on if you want to do HVT's etc.

TheBear

Just started the dlc with a gear score of 160. Apparently I need to be at 200 so I don't get punted from groups, what's the quickest way to achieve it? I've got $250k and 150 Phoenix credits and dz40k

This is what coming to PS4 with the 1.3 update...

6DFkaNk.jpg

Plus:

New DZ bracket 231+
Weapon balancing + bug fixes
Weapon Talent recalibration
Division tech conversion into HE mats

Places to get 229/268 gear on PS4:

Heroic Incursions
DZ 231+
Weekly HVT's
Heroic Story missions for 229 Showstopper auto shotgun

EL CUCO

Client side patch expected to drop "later this week or early next week" that'll fix G36, Sentry procs with the Showstopper, Map bug, Named weapon Recalibration, Weapon Recalibration bug that makes the third talent require stats to unlock, Blue Dtech in DZ, Gloves (Alphabridge?) dropping with no or more than one main attribute.

Ubi30 Splinter cell, GRW, R6 outfits will be available "later today" NOW https://twitter.com/TheDivisionGame/status/750320734623465474?s=09

via SOTG.

Just had a an hour running around DZ 05/06 in the new 231+ bracket.

Not a rogue to be seen, it was peaceful as can be lol. Just a swarm of agents running for each landmark, helping each other along the way desperate to make sure someone in the group got a shot on the named enemies.

I expect this to last around a week and once everyone gears up back to a pvp shit show :D

Concerning HVT's for PS4 users, they were still dropping Lone Star gear predominantly when I did them on Xbox last Thursday but of the 268 variety with mostly great stats so if you were expecting that to change drastically I would temper my expectations.

Concerning Underground, after a solid week's worth of play I have very mixed feelings towards it. Once you taste the 229/268 gear you start feeling everything else is useless and you only get those items from Rank-up caches unless you are playing on CM/Heroic w/ Directives for a chance of them dropping (this being much more difficult and time consuming and not as advantageous as you would think regarding XP earned compared to HM). You get generally 182/214 gear from HM and I think I got some 204/240 gear from CM.

The environments are interesting from an "Underground" standpoint and whatnot but I still cannot understand what folks were playing and seeing when previewing the new DLC as I see the same 5-10 play-spaces stitched together by the same 5-10 walking paths. The only thing random about these are in the ways they are connected (order wise).

Combine all this with folks thinking if they explore every inch of an Underground Operation they are going to find something truely special/useful (you never do) and it has turned into a bit of a slog especially when your last five Rank-up caches have been two pistols and three worthless marksman rifles. I have my main at Rank 25 and my alt at Rank 17 so I'll at least push forward to 40 with one of them.

I was expecting a lot more randomness to the environment's layouts and to the encounters with mobs as well but unfortunately things have become very predictable and expected at every turn. Solo play was also tuned horribly for anything above HM.

While I'm at it, there needs to be more of a uniformity to the difficulty as it currently makes very little sense...

HM Story Missions - 30 level enemies
HM Operations - 32 level enemies
HM Incursions - 32 level enemies
CM Story Missions - 32 level enemies
CM Operations - 34 level enemies
CM Incursions - 34 level enemies
Heroic Story Missions - 33 level enemies

etc...

kmg90

Seems like one of the patches have fucked up some of the missing agents locations. I was doing an HVT intel grind, and stumbled upon a trace, got the file and noticed I only missed one. Found it on the map, and went searching. Unfortunately, when I got into the elevator and pressed the button, I got an "Outside playable area" when I got to the floor with the next trace, thus making it impossible to collect the file.

Here's someone who experienced the same thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5by3A3PYzk

The first location is a file I've already collected, which means it's a fairly new bug.

Yup confirm that bug too... Ran into it on PC last week. Went to try to reproduce the event on the PS4 version still running pre 1.3 and had no problems.

Massive is one of the most incompetent game studios I've ever seen.

Concerning HVT's for PS4 users, they were still dropping Lone Star gear predominantly when I did them on Xbox last Thursday but of the 268 variety with mostly great stats so if you were expecting that to change drastically I would temper my expectations.

The boss can drop any gear set at 268, so that's a good reason to run weekly HVT's.

Mullah88

DZ is fun working together but be careful trying to extract! Lol that's when all the assholes come out....and my first 268 set is a fucking nomad gloves smh

Tratorn

Is clear sky challenge/heroic mode broken on PS4? Tried 6 times to start the incursion with different teams (even reloged) but it doesn't start. Only hard mode is working...

Update is very unstable, game crashing very frequently. Thanks Massive.

Missions not resetting, skills not working, pulse not picking up enemies right next to you....

Top Bottom