• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

Operations provide plenty of moments where enemies are bunched up as do other game modes as well.

It's been a great combo for me in solo or team play during Operations, Incursions, and CM/Heroic Missions.

The point being was that it is not "trash" and can be quite useful as most of the gear sets can be alone or in combination with other sets/HE pieces with unique talents..

Blind 4-piece also has a cooldown and it won't proc unless you get the kill yourself, hence it's usefulness in a group is severely limited.

EL CUCO

I played a lot but stopped after I forgot when.

How does one get geared now? Especially solo...
Almost every activity can provide a returning player with a decent upgrade, now a days. It just depends on what your stats look like right now, and if there's a particular Gear Set you're looking for.

Mullah88

since i have two characters, i think ill go alphabridge on one and reclaimer on the other....with 2 piece final measure on both builds. both will also favor toughness/skill power over dps

jond76

Banned
Finally got to test out Underground a bit tonight and it's a solid addition. The random missions are well executed.

Yoday

I haven't played since close to launch, but the XBO version seems like it is running at 1080p far more regularly than it originally did. Is it just me, or was there a pretty big performance update?

Samus4145

Is the Dark Zone brackets not a perfect match for Gear Score? I'm sitting at 192ish with my highest gear on, yet I'm thrown in the 201+ braclet.

EL CUCO

Is the Dark Zone brackets not a perfect match for Gear Score? I'm sitting at 192ish with my highest gear on, yet I'm thrown in the 201+ braclet.
There's an internal GS system thats used to match players into their brackets. It counts for stuff in your stash, and the highest weapon you have equipped.

Brakara

To calculate your DZ gear score: add up the best GS in each bracket (one for weapons) and divide by 7. And remember to include everything: non-equipped, stash and extracted.

Blu10

Just coming back after leaving right before the first incursion released. Ton more to do now, but the difficulty jump between normal and hard in the underground is pretty extreme. I can run through normal not using cover in minutes, but on hard I have to creep through using a shield which seems to have a 50/50 shot of glitching out thus basically causing me to lose. I'm sitting at 189 gear score, and wondering before I try if I can solo a weekly Intel mission to try to gear up a bit more.

Brakara

Even if my stash is empty and the highest weapons I have are 163? Seems off to me.

What is all your highest GS in all brackets? Remember to divide by 7, which means it's not at all as if ALL your weapons are 163 like with the normal calculation (where you add weapons GS 163*3 with the rest of the gear and divide by 9).

Also, you have that high GS and no 182 weapons? That's bad RNG.

I got a Level 32 +160 Electronics Mod with +Skill Power (forgot exact value) from Heroic Lexington so I guess Heroic mode is at least good for a chance at decent mods.

I can only assume its glitched. Same thing was happening to me, even with 0 stash items. And it sucks, because the NPCs hit fucking hard in that bracket. Eventually I was able to gear up to 214 and its...less shitty i guess. NPCs still murder.

But yeah, the bracket thing is glitched or something.

Hnetuduft

The 1 month delay of the DLC kind of killed my addiction for this game. (Playing on PS4).

Are there any other games out there who can scratch this loot/rpg itch?

Been wondering about Odin's Sphere or Alienation.

Open to any suggestion. Wife and kid leaving town for a week, need to make the most of it :)

Brakara

But yeah, the bracket thing is glitched or something.

No, I explained above how it works. If you have 6 gear set items at 204 GS each + 3 weapons at 163 each, the GS will be 190. But the DZ GS will be 198 because only one weapon counts. So (6*204+3*163)/9 vs (6*204+1*163)/7. Which means that if your GS is 192/193+, your DZ GS can be 201+.

Samus4145

No, I explained above how it works. If you have 6 gear set items at 204 GS each + 3 weapons at 163 each, the GS will be 190. But the DZ GS will be 198 because only one weapon counts. So (6*204+3*163)/9 vs (6*204+1*163)/7. Which means that if your GS is 192/193+, your DZ GS can be 201+.

That makes sense. Still should be explained better in game. Think I'll have to stay out of the DZ for now, as I can get slaughtered by even the weakest NPCs in there.

Brakara

That makes sense. Still should be explained better in game. Think I'll have to stay out of the DZ for now, as I can get slaughtered by even the weakest NPCs in there.

Yeah, I had the same issue before Underground dropped (was 195 but dropped into 201+). Now I'm 215 GS (and have the G36), so I can at least survive against the NPCs in the lower zones.

ACR0019

As someone new to the game, fuck the Dark Zone. Such a cool concept ruined by douchebags. All of the good gear at lower levels is only available through the DZ and that is a damn shame. Btw why are DZ lvl 16s able to play in the 1-14 bracket?!?!

fr0st

Banned
As someone new to the game, fuck the Dark Zone. Such a cool concept ruined by douchebags. All of the good gear at lower levels is only available through the DZ and that is a damn shame. Btw why are DZ lvl 16s able to play in the 1-14 bracket?!?!
No restrictions on DZ level.

EL CUCO

Got to level 10 on a new character and was having so much fun in the DZ. It was like beta all over again. Some dudes went Rogue? no problem. Engage in a good ol' fashion gun battle. Didnt see a single sig popped or even a shock turret. It's crazy how the entry level DZ PvP is a billion times better than the crap PvP we have at end game.

shermas

I played a lot but stopped after I forgot when.

How does one get geared now? Especially solo...

This is me.. Right after they patched the first incursion cheese (mobile cover thru the wall), I stopped. The crafting nerf, DZ garbage, seemingly endless bugs... It was all too much.

Well.. I'm gonna jump back in next week. Any tips? I don't even remember my gear score. Can I check out anywhere?

ACR0019

Got to level 10 on a new character and was having so much fun in the DZ. It was like beta all over again. Some dudes went Rogue? no problem. Engage in a good ol' fashion gun battle. Didnt see a single sig popped or even a shock turret. It's crazy how the entry level DZ PvP is a billion times better than the crap PvP we have at end game.

I wish I had your DZ experience. Three rogues were camping the entrance to the 1-14 DZ today. Grrrr.

Had a great session tonight. A super clear DZ06 followed by our random group taking on and beating a Heroic Underground mission with 3 directives on (turns out that everyone gets fire bullets bonus is pretty swell against shotgun rushers).

Brakara

Level 14 underground now, and the only good loot so far is from the level up caches. The drops on hard seem to be 182 weapons and 214 gear set items (at best), and I'm playing on hard since I'm not geared for challenge. Of course, the irony being that even challenge underground missions don't give me any better weapons/gear than I have now.

Any tips on how I can get better gear than leveling up in underground? And the DZ is out of the question since I don't have a group.

DrBo42

Level 14 underground now, and the only good loot so far is from the level up caches. The drops on hard seem to be 182 weapons and 214 gear set items (at best), and I'm playing on hard since I'm not geared for challenge. Of course, the irony being that even challenge underground missions don't give me any better weapons/gear than I have now.

Any tips on how I can get better gear than leveling up in underground? And the DZ is out of the question since I don't have a group.

Underground caches and HVT missions I imagine are your best options outside dz. Or matchmaking for Incursions.

deafmedal

Geez, this sucks. Coupled (I'm sure) with the holiday wknd, PS4 is a ghost town so far. Was running DZ with Cuco and pals Friday night and got called out on an 'emergency' for work. By the time I returned ~1 hour later group was disbanded and have been unable to get into another group since. I dunno, I still don't hate this stoopid game but CM missions are the only thing I'll use MM for but I'd rather DZ, moar efficient to grind shit out. From the looks of it I could run UG solo and it might not be too bad but yeah. This is akin to Destiny withholding a raid or all *story* related content from the xboxers.

I believe I am done with this '___ console gets it first' bullshit for MP games. Skins/weaps whatever. Actual content? Fuck off :mad:

Brakara

Underground caches and HVT missions I imagine are your best options outside dz. Or matchmaking for Incursions.

Problem with HVTs are that they require groups, and there's no matchmaking. And hard incursions aren't that rewarding (and CM with randoms are hopeless). Basically, the gear I get from CM incursions are the ones I need to do CM incursions, so it's kind of a catch 22 (same with challenge underground and heroic story missions).

The 1 month delay of the DLC kind of killed my addiction for this game. (Playing on PS4).

Are there any other games out there who can scratch this loot/rpg itch?

Been wondering about Odin's Sphere or Alienation.

Open to any suggestion. Wife and kid leaving town for a week, need to make the most of it :)

Diablo 3 for consoles is amazingly satisfying in regards to both gameplay and rewarding loot.

Problem with HVTs are that they require groups, and there's no matchmaking. And hard incursions aren't that rewarding (and CM with randoms are hopeless). Basically, the gear I get from CM incursions are the ones I need to do CM incursions, so it's kind of a catch 22 (same with challenge underground and heroic story missions).
1-Go to Camp Hudson and matchmake for free roam. It's all players doing the HVTs.
2-Underground caches when you level up.
3-Dark Zone 05/06 farming and supply drops.

If you're chasing 268s/229s, that's where to go until you're wanting to take on heroic underground/heroic incursions. Those give great gear...

GazzaGSi

Geez, this sucks. Coupled (I'm sure) with the holiday wknd, PS4 is a ghost town so far. Was running DZ with Cuco and pals Friday night and got called out on an 'emergency' for work. By the time I returned ~1 hour later group was disbanded and have been unable to get into another group since. I dunno, I still don't hate this stoopid game but CM missions are the only thing I'll use MM for but I'd rather DZ, moar efficient to grind shit out. From the looks of it I could run UG solo and it might not be too bad but yeah. This is akin to Destiny withholding a raid or all *story* related content from the xboxers.

I believe I am done with this '___ console gets it first' bullshit for MP games. Skins/weaps whatever. Actual content? Fuck off :mad:

I know what you mean, last few days I've logged in, looked around the map for 5 minutes or so wondering what to do and then logged back out.

Got excited earlier when I saw 3 guys online on my mobile app so fired it up and logged in but the group had just got full in the DZ. Did the daily assignment for dz XP and logged back out. Boring as fuck solo and the 30-40 guys who were on from the early days have all moved on to something else.

Will have a blast Tuesday when the patch drops but can't see it keeping me occupied until 2nd August.

Brakara

Seems like one of the patches have fucked up some of the missing agents locations. I was doing an HVT intel grind, and stumbled upon a trace, got the file and noticed I only missed one. Found it on the map, and went searching. Unfortunately, when I got into the elevator and pressed the button, I got an "Outside playable area" when I got to the floor with the next trace, thus making it impossible to collect the file.

Here's someone who experienced the same thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5by3A3PYzk

The first location is a file I've already collected, which means it's a fairly new bug.

Hey guys, I'm interested in the premise of the game. However I never played the beta or the final release of the game. Been wanting to get it for a while. So how's the game right now after all the dust and hype has settled? How are the updates and post launch support looking?

I have both the PS4 and X1. I was going to get it for the PS4 like all the multiplatform titles. However my buddy on the X1 has been asking me to get it there, considerable difference between the two?

Also retail copy of the regular version is $40 while the gold edition is $80 n Amazon right now, is the DLC worth it or should I just stick with the stock version of the game? I hated how Destiny cut off the stock version after the launch of Taken King. Wouldn't want that to happen here.

Last but not the least, how would playing solo work out? My odd working hours might make me play solo for a while too...

Thanks in advance.

Ted

Today was a good Division weekend for me. I finally got a chance to try, and then complete, the first incursion (hard mode only). I know this is small change for you guys but fuck yeah, felt pretty good to me!

I first tried it yesterday evening as I had a little free time this weekend. I had just hit 190 (131k/347k/15k) and was starting to feel useful in challenging mode missions and thought screw it, why not? I warned folk on the mic that I had never done it before so had no idea whether I, or my gear, were up to it and after only a single kick I got into a group of nice folk (160 - 190 ish) who had also not done it before.

We wiped a couple of time working out what we had to do and where everything was but finally got the idea and had a couple of decent runs at it before wiping. We ended up calling it a day before completing it but we all learnt something from it so it felt like an achievement nonetheless.

When I logged back on this morning I thought why not give it a fresh go and first time got into a super nice group of 200+ guys who pretty much sherpa'd me through whilst still letting me feel useful (good folk for sure). I couldn't quite believe it when it ended successfully! Loot was pretty good and though none of it replaces any of my main gear I did get a new secondary AR to play with.

I had a little wander around after completion so I know my way round a little better next time.

A good day!

On a related note, what do you all think, Clear Sky next or it is worth doing Falcon Lost a few more times? I really want some better/new guns (running a 163 Aug and 182 BM-AK now).

Spent the last couple days in the UG leveling up two friends that came back to Division, so we can finally DZ together. I also go up from 211 to 225 in the process. They're both 190's and almost ready to join me in the DZ... and now I'm in DZ 231+ lol. The structure in this game is so ass backwards for solo players.

Typically you finally gear up in a loot game to be able to tackle something else and get better loot. In this game the better loot you need in order to tackle various things (high level DZ, challenge/heroic) are locked away inside of those activities, making it very hard for solo players to get. So now I'm stuck waiting for them to gear up more, I guess :

Also, if I am holding my caches in the UG to open at the best gear score, that's 225, yes?

shermas

I know what you mean, last few days I've logged in, looked around the map for 5 minutes or so wondering what to do and then logged back out.

Got excited earlier when I saw 3 guys online on my mobile app so fired it up and logged in but the group had just got full in the DZ. Did the daily assignment for dz XP and logged back out. Boring as fuck solo and the 30-40 guys who were on from the early days have all moved on to something else.

Will have a blast Tuesday when the patch drops but can't see it keeping me occupied until 2nd August.

Is there a mobile or companion app (like Destiny) where we can check out our gear and look at things? I just searched the App Store and couldn't find anything.

Spent the last couple days in the UG leveling up two friends that came back to Division, so we can finally DZ together. I also go up from 211 to 225 in the process. They're both 190's and almost ready to join me in the DZ... and now I'm in DZ 231+ lol. The structure in this game is so ass backwards for solo players.

Typically you finally gear up in a loot game to be able to tackle something else and get better loot. In this game the better loot you need in order to tackle various things (high level DZ, challenge/heroic) are locked away inside of those activities, making it very hard for solo players to get. So now I'm stuck waiting for them to gear up more, I guess :

Also, if I am holding my caches in the UG to open at the best gear score, that's 225, yes?
I recommend matchmaking in the Dark Zone. I typically have great luck with randoms and the game is considerably more fun when you can flank enemies/support your team etc. Spent all day running dark Zone 5-6 with randoms and we had a blast and all ended up walking away with a full DZ stash and some great upgrades.

fr0st

Banned
Got 14 sealed caches ready to be opened when 1.3 drops.

Hopefully I get 268 alpha bridge and 229 g36.

I'll settle for 268 tacticians too.

Top Bottom