• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

From the look of things, and if this update is the benchmark for the upcoming ones, I think I made the right choice by holding out to buy the season pass. Maybe next year on sale, if ever.

Im in the same boat.
I never picked up the paid DLC just cause I had my suspicions that the end game would not be enough and as it looks now I was right.

will play the 2 free DLC then stop it unless something drastically changes.

Destiny had something outside of PVE that keept me playing it for over 1700 hours. PVP in destiny is so much more fun than the DZ in Division. I been playing Division for 170 hours and I am already starting to feel bored.

Deku Tree

But post patch you'll also have 10 HE items to turn into mats, with the added bonus that a few of those might be something good you actually want to keep.

The chance of that happening in a few hours of play time is like 0.04% based upon the huge amount of garbage in the loot pool. This is by design.

Josh378

I kinda feel like gearscore is totally worthless and you can actually be a low gearscore with much better stats than a guy with high gearscore

Agreed. I have a 141 GS but i do amazing dmg due to high crit build. Gear score, just like world of warcraft, doesn't mean a thing.

I think the Tom Clancy title ruined the game. Would love 4v4, breach and other pvp modes in the DZ. Would love a Divison clan option for NEOGAF. Would love different types of enemies, even if it doesn't make sense in the Tom Clancy world. This game has soo much potential...

But post patch you'll also have 10 HE items to turn into mats, with the added bonus that a few of those might be something good you actually want to keep.
Except every HE item I've extracted from the dz since the patch were all at GS 163. I'm 192.

Useless.

ISOM

The chance of that happening in a few hours of play time is like 0.04% based upon the huge amount of garbage in the loot pool. This is by design.

Btw, I asked this before but does scavenging actually work well? Mine is pretty high and don't feel like I'm getting great gear. I'd rather recalibrate some of those scavenging stats into other areas if it isn't really affecting loot drops.

Deku Tree

Btw, I asked this before but does scavenging actually work well? Mine is pretty high and don't feel like I'm getting great gear. I'd rather recalibrate some of those scavenging stats into other areas if it isn't really affecting loot drops.

Scavenging only affects the rolls on your dropped gear.

Don't try to insert some logic into this thread, it's completely pointless.

It's not really logic when the math also supports why some people are disenchanted with the craft nerf.
Logic and math give indisputable evidence as to how abysmal both useful loot drops are and getting enough materials to HOPEFULLY craft a useful item.

Can someone enlighten me on what makes the changes bad? I only play an hour or two a day so maybe I just haven't reached the point of where it breaks down, but as of right now I'm happy for increased drops and the multi tier changes in Dark Zone level requirements, as well as using Dark Zone credits instead of PC. That in combination with increased HE drops actually makes it feel like you're actually doing something in the Dark Zone now.

As for crafting, I think it's stupid they made lower rarity items pretty much pointless to even pick up, but I hated the constant need to craft anything to get remotely useful gear. It seems to me it's easier to get the same level of items that were previously highest tier. Also, re-calibrating an item may be extremely limited in comparison to crafting the same item over and over, but it at least lets you modify it a little bit plus the fact that it uses cash now instead of PC is a good change.

The fact is, now that infinitely more yellows are dropping, you're getting way more HE crafting materials anyway so i think it balances out. And even if it doesn't, it honestly should be harder to craft weapons, otherwise it's way too easy to choose the best weapon/gear and immediately roll close to ideal stats. Really, what's the fun in that?

Definition of B-words: Group of 3 agents goes rogue trying to kill us while just hanging out in the DZ looking for bosses and Division Tech.

We kill those agents. They come back and try to bait us, but they go rogue again. We kill them yet again. Repeat 3 more times for a total of 5 kills during which we went rogue zero times. Not sure what they were trying to accomplish, as a couple even had high-ends after picking up a supply drop the first time.

VE3TRO you guys get any footage of that? I forgot to record but it was ridiculous.

And speaking of B-words, I spent some time solo in DZ this morning and it turned up the anxiety to a high level but I wasn't being rekt every 2 minutes. You just have to be careful and use a build that leans towards what I call "health and stealth" like Scrambler etc. Or go full glass cannon since if you come across multiple agents you usually are toast, so at least take one or two out in the process!

bjaelke

I kinda feel like gearscore is totally worthless and you can actually be a low gearscore with much better stats than a guy with high gearscore

Gear Score is fine if you compare it to items of the same rarity. Don't compare set items to high ends

Can someone enlighten me on what makes the changes bad? I only play an hour or two a day so maybe I just haven't reached the point of where it breaks down, but as of right now I'm happy for increased drops and the multi tier changes in Dark Zone level requirements, as well as using Dark Zone credits instead of PC. That in combination with increased HE drops actually makes it feel like you're actually doing something in the Dark Zone now.

As for crafting, I think it's stupid they made lower rarity items pretty much pointless to even pick up, but I hated the constant need to craft anything to get remotely useful gear. It seems to me it's easier to get the same level of items that were previously highest tier. Also, re-calibrating an item may be extremely limited in comparison to crafting the same item over and over, but it at least lets you modify it a little bit plus the fact that it uses cash now instead of PC is a good change.

The fact is, now that infinitely more yellows are dropping, you're getting way more HE crafting materials anyway so i think it balances out. And even if it doesn't, it honestly should be harder to craft weapons, otherwise it's way too easy to choose the best weapon and immediately roll close to ideal stats. Really, what's the fun in that?

I'm a casual player like you and play maybe an hour or two a day if I'm lucky and I think the changes are great. I have about 20 hours and I'm pretty satisfied with the game. The complaints about "only" playing 200 hours and feeling bored just seem ridiculous.

There must be some internal discussions about what Division is inside of Massive. They clearly have no clue what they want with this game.
This is exactly it. And instead of figuring it out first they are just blindly kneejerking to everything. This game is going to rot from the dev side.

deadduck

To my surprise I got an M4 (stable, Brutal) and an M870 (Brutal) in the DZ yesterday solo that I'm keeping for backup (out of SMG ammo) and areas when a sniper is useless.

bosseye

Ha! I didn't realise gear score was only applied to level 30 stuff, so I ditched an entire inventories worth of level 30 mods and gear etc that I wasn't using - now I'm stuck wearing two level 25 bits of gear that I had on as they improved my stats, and no level 30 mods, so my gear score was a miserable 106... ;_;

Got it up to 127 after half hour in the DZ and a couple of HE drops, but I reeeeeeeally need a HE mask and HE gloves as I'm assuming those are the seriously weak links wrecking my gear score.

darkwing

Ha! I didn't realise gear score was only applied to level 30 stuff, so I ditched an entire inventories worth of level 30 mods and gear etc that I wasn't using - now I'm stuck wearing two level 25 bits of gear that I had on as they improved my stats, and no level 30 mods, so my gear score was a miserable 106... ;_;

Got it up to 127 after half hour in the DZ and a couple of HE drops, but I reeeeeeeally need a HE mask and HE gloves as I'm assuming those are the seriously weak links wrecking my gear score.

just run GA on hard

The only good drop I have gotten since 30 is the classic M1A which is a beast in DZ NPCs at least. But uses up a lot of ammo.

They should have at least kept decon giving 2 mats instead of the 1 now.

Josh378

If anybody see an x15 scope superior and and above, let me know. I need to replace this lvl 11scope on my rifle. Its driving me crazy that i haven't found a replacement for this rifle.

y8r2P9e.jpg

theWB27

You mean the math that doesn't take into account HE drops? Right.

Yes. Because, even though we get HE with named bosses, the majority of what players find is still the other colors.

Don't pretend the HE makes up for the almost triple rise in converting the mats. Which make up far more of what you get in looting.

However you spin it...before it cost 5 blues to convert up. Now it's 15. What does HE have to do with that?

Ted

Does anyone know if assignments are only for level 30 players?

Supply drops seem to appear in lower level DZ areas (I'm only level 20 something) but I couldn't see any mention of assignments. I only played for 30 minutes though so could easily have missed them.

Im in the same boat.
I never picked up the paid DLC just cause I had my suspicions that the end game would not be enough and as it looks now I was right.

will play the 2 free DLC then stop it unless something drastically changes.

Destiny had something outside of PVE that keept me playing it for over 1700 hours. PVP in destiny is so much more fun than the DZ in Division. I been playing Division for 170 hours and I am already starting to feel bored.

While 170 hours of gaming isn't that much for your typical hardcore gamer, I would dare say doing something repeatedly for that amount of time, within a month, will result in one feeling "bored."

Edit:

After booting up the game last night I was sure that my gear score would be pretty low compared to others, but I was consistently 20-30 points higher than other people in matchmaking groups. This is odd as I'm used to being the guy playing catch up to everyone else. Also, the gear score does not correlate to being good in this game. From my observation it was the 182+ guys that were playing like complete idiots dying left and right and needing revives (at the worst places possible). If anything those who take that gear score too literally feel emboldened to do dumb shit like go full Leroy Jenkins on a group of shotgun chargers.

Edit 2: Finally got my 182 vest and now my DPS is 180K+ Woooo

Edit 3: Incursions on hard is pretty difficult to do with a matchmaking group. Definitely need a solid group else you're stuck with people without mics, people going solo, and/or people not DPS'ing when they need to.

The patch had so much potential. They said crafting will be an alternate to getting gear! You won't have to turn craft as much to get the best gear.

Then they just drop GS 163 gear all over the place. Not 212 or whatever i32 is. I rarely even get 182 from 32 bosses. How does that make sense?

"Don't craft you'll get good drop. Just kidding the drops are as useless as ever." -Massive

While 170 hours of gaming isn't that much for your typical hardcore gamer, I would dare say doing something repeatedly for that amount of time, within a month, will result in one feeling "bored."

yeah but Destiny never gave me that feeling due to the other game mode in PVP.
Division cant live on DZ, like Destiny did with PVP. DZ just aint that much fun, run around killing same named boss and also having other players ruining the run by farming it a head of your own group.

Air drops are just shit the way they are set up now. It´s time for a big change to the DZ to make it fun and fresh again.

Yes weekly lock on 214 items 1 per char, rest is 191.
Cm gives 240 once per char and 214 as boss drops

Those are the mission-end rewards, right? What about the 6 hour timer, can you still replay the Incursion and get drops from the boss every 6 hours?

Also I don't get the point of the daily crafting assignment - how are we supposed to find 45 green or 30 blue mats to convert into higher quality in one day without grinding story missions or extracting crap from dz, all for 1 HE DT? The fuck is this?

It should have been a weekly assignment instead that rewarded 10 HE DT.

Also, anyone here beat the CM Incursion? Any new strats for HM Incursion came up?

kriskrosbbk

Whats this then? Can't find anything about it anywhere.

I'll look tonight, but curious....

I am also at work and did not have the chance to check it myself.I heard few people mentioned it on this and the previous page but now a friend of mine cannot find such option.Is this a myth?

Deku Tree

Lmao this "fixed" APC targeting is such bullshit. It fires like every 10 seconds now. We completed challenging yesterday using the right side generator strat and I think the whole time we've been there the APC fired at us maybe once. Now it is a constant barrage of missiles every 10 seconds.

Look Massive those fucking drones and shotgun rushers are hard enough okay. My god.

I don't think anyone has completed challenging since the patch.

^^^

Also, anyone here beat the CM Incursion?

The patch had so much potential. They said crafting will be an alternate to getting gear! You won't have to turn craft as much to get the best gear.

Then they just drop GS 163 gear all over the place. Not 212 or whatever i32 is. I rarely even get 182 from 32 bosses. How does that make sense?

"Don't craft you'll get good drop. Just kidding the drops are as useless as ever." -Massive

its a big issue, why are there so few weapons on 204 or 214?

everyone will run around with AUG M1A. there is no diversity unless I am off and all weapons can drop 204/214?

Top Bottom