• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

GazzaGSi

Anyone on in a hour or so to do some dz farm or heroic missions? Didn't realise there was more than 1 boss in any of the missions, only ran Lexington.

I can't even launch the 2 new story missions on any difficulty, the gates refuse to open..

I assume you are talking about the "new" CM Missions, Hudson and Queens?

I got three 240 drops from HM Operations yesterday with only three Directives active. I never had a 240 drop before in HM. It was also raining Reclaimer GS gear as I probably got about 10 pieces of it from HM Operation clears/bosses.

Wait, what? Where do you get 268 gear then?
1-High GS Dark Zone 05-06 boss drops and supply drops are guaranteed 229/268 or named weapons.
2-level up caches in the underground are guaranteed 229/268 oncw you hit a certain GS.
3-Heroic incursions and heroic underground missions as well.

Some other activities have a chance to drop these as well, but the above three are your best sources. DZ05-06 is a great entry point if you matchmake...folks mostly know the best routes for farming at this point and it's pretty easy to be extracting 9 229/268s at a time.

EL CUCO

Seeing alot of people getting error'd out of Heroic Falcon Lost PS4 and not being able to join back in until the game realizes that a player was disconnected and finally decides to open the spot in the team again (happend to us last night, as well). Hopefully the upcoming client patch fixes it. Until then, it's basically play at your own risk.

A few of my friends and I are jumping back in and are lost as fuck. DPS wise, are sub machine guns still king? What's the plus number on gear? Is there a prefered gear combo for a sniper and where can blue prints be acquired? Do gloves have no slot? Sorry for the bundle of questions. Liking underground right now. It's quick.

Mullah88

lawd! we have a running joke about the higher DZ bracket, forget the elites, veteran (purple) mobs in DZ05-06 are the biggest headaches ever! lol we have to chain our survival links sometimes just to run through them....and the worst part is they chase you! so while youre trying to clear a landmark, you have these asshats behind you wrecking shit! 530k (130k max health) toughness is not good enough for that bracket, i'll try to go 630-700k toughness with the 268gs sets

still haven't found any 268gs tactician sets yet (not playing heroic incursion for that shit either), the pp-19 is a sleeper smg if you get a good PVE roll on the talents. with 104 max bullets, destructive/deadly and the final talent (which can be rolled off for fierce/brutal) all you need is a good aim

edit: forgot one bit....F******** the recaliberation in this game! wasted 1.5mill trying to roll on chc on my gloves

Lima

Toughness doesn't matter. Focus on DPS and skill and have someone with a maxed Smart Cover to kill things quickly. A 35 shotgun mob will kill you if you are not careful and it doesn't matter if he needs 2 or 3 shots. I'm running with 180k toughness tactician with maxed smart and it is fine.

Mullah88

Toughness doesn't matter. Focus on DPS and skill and have someone with a maxed Smart Cover to kill things quickly. A 35 shotgun mob will kill you if you are not careful and it doesn't matter if he needs 2 or 3 shots. I'm running with 180k toughness tactician with maxed smart and it is fine.
not making the same mistakes as the last update where i deconstructed everything from my previous build. ill shelve my current build and go for dps/skill build this time around (still tactician) and if i dont like it ill switch back but give up a bit of toughness for DPS. my alt will most definitely run a reclaimer set with 2 final measures. i think 430k toughness (95-100k max health) should be enough

edit; whats the best way to split up the major stats? holster already has all 3, so 3 stamina and 2 firearms? gear mod slots for firearms with skillpower attributes? or 3 firearms and 2 stamina?

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
What are the best talents on weapons nowadays? I usually favour Ferocious, is Destructive better? Anything else I should be on the lookout for? How about Gear?

TsuWave

just got a svd paratrooper with coolheaded and fierce. fierce pretty much makes the svd's innate talent, decisive, pretty obsolete. its a 204 weapon so hopefully by the time i'm geared up in all 268 items i will meet all stats requirements.

i'm tryna think of a good sniper talent to roll instead of decisive, the svd is pretty accurate already, the reticle is consistently tight, so accurate or balanced aren't a must. i don't know what to roll there

Lima

just got a svd paratrooper with coolheaded and fierce. fierce pretty much makes the svd's innate talent, decisive, pretty obsolete. its a 204 weapon so hopefully by the time i'm geared up in all 268 items i will meet all stats requirements.

i'm tryna think of a good sniper talent to roll instead of decisive, the svd is pretty accurate already, the reticle is consistently tight, so accurate or balanced aren't a must. i don't know what to roll there

Nothing cause the damage on is ass compared to an M1. Put it in the trash where it belongs.

TsuWave

lmao nah i like it. plus cooldheaded on snipers is always cool, i have that on my main m1a. i'm gonna hold on to this svd because massive keeps tinkering with the m1a so this is gonna be a back up option just in case they eventually go too far with the "rebalancing" for the m1a because even tho they did it for 1.3, i don't think any habitual m1a user is going to stop using it, all you have to do now is take 0.5 longer between your shots.

Wow. This game got it's hooks into me. Let me ask a question about TDZ. I'm level 14 and I seem to be stuck in a (FUN!) loop at that 1-14 bracket, delving into TDZ and roaming. Amazingly fun. How long to people linger there before going back to leveling? Does it get more fun @ end game?

Very impressed with this mode. The risk vs. reward is insanely fun.

fr0st

Banned
Wow. This game got it's hooks into me. Let me ask a question about TDZ. I'm level 14 and I seem to be stuck in a (FUN!) loop at that 1-14 bracket, delving into TDZ and roaming. Amazingly fun. How long to people linger there before going back to leveling? Does it get more fun @ end game?

Very impressed with this mode. The risk vs. reward is insanely fun.
I'd say just make another character and leave it at lvl 14.
PvP there is actually fun and doesn't revolve around rolling around.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football

I am finding that out. I put all my efforts into increasing toughness and that crap matters to a point, but certainly not when facing anyone with shotguns or flamethrowers.

While I have Alpha bridge gloves with no main stat...

1Y5hoLm.jpg

...someone has TWO main stats!!!

v3f0Apm.jpg

This game....

Still no 229 G36 drops for me :(

LMG's for days though :D

I'm getting mostly pistols and shotguns :(

LifEndz

I keep getting Delta 20001082 errors on PS4. Finally found a good team to do the challenge with and boom, delta error and I'm back to the start menu. This sucks!

TsuWave

went to clear supply drop, game crashes. had to close app and open it again, respawn at checkpoint, my loot bag with 3 green caches? gone. smh

also wish they hadn't mapped revive, open crates and pick up loot to the same button. team of 4 go for supply drop, they all get downed by heavy machine gun dude, i clear him out and go to open crate but they are piling up against crate and instead of open up the crate it revives one of them, i quickly try to open the crate again and it revives another dude, by this time all four are up and start opening fire, i'm solo and have to run away

Silvard

As who hasn't played since the incursion patch hit...what is it that I'm supposed to do to get gear now that doesn't take an organized team? I'm at 182 gear score and I've done a couple of challenges, but aside from two garbage set pieces (with no stats) all I've gotten is 182 gear at best.

What are the things I can do now?

LifEndz

As who hasn't played since the incursion patch hit...what is it that I'm supposed to do to get gear now that doesn't take an organized team? I'm at 182 gear score and I've done a couple of challenges, but aside from two garbage set pieces (with no stats) all I've gotten is 182 gear at best.

Same question for me. I'm doing the dailys when I can and don't delta out, but what else should I do? I tried the first incursion and it was insanely hard. I'm 191 gear score and was getting downed like crazy. Advice on how to get above 210 gear score and what is the actual recommended gear score for incursions would be most helpful.

vivftp

Really hoping to get my hands on a 2 stat Alpha Bridge glove before they patch them. I dunno if they'll let you keep them, or retroactively nerf them, but I still want one!

TsuWave

heroic missions drop 204 weapons and they are not that hard to do. level 33 enemies and i run one (for phoenix credits) through matchmaking with a guy that had a gear score similar to yours, admittedly the rest of us were upwards of 230 gear score. but they are easy nonetheless and you should be able to complete them through matchmaking. that's for weapons, for gear i think you'd have to run high value targets, but i don't know much about it and its rewards because i've never done them

DrBo42

1-High GS Dark Zone 05-06 boss drops and supply drops are guaranteed 229/268 or named weapons.
2-level up caches in the underground are guaranteed 229/268 oncw you hit a certain GS.
3-Heroic incursions and heroic underground missions as well.

Some other activities have a chance to drop these as well, but the above three are your best sources. DZ05-06 is a great entry point if you matchmake...folks mostly know the best routes for farming at this point and it's pretty easy to be extracting 9 229/268s at a time.

I'm 249 is that high enough? Does it matter what difficulty I'm in?

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Well, I guess Massive broke my game. I can't run for more than a few hundred metres before being sent back to a safe house. Awesome. :(

On PS4.

Edit: Do ladders not glow anymore either?

Mullah88

haha took my toughness down to 410k last night running with cuco trying to see what a dps build will look like, shit was hilarious! not doing that again. i rarely play solo so dps can take a back sit, getting my toughness to 800k/ skill power 40k with the replacement of my current 240 TA gear to 268 pieces. Current build till I find 268 replacements, don't know why my skill is that low it's currently at 28k...dps 110k

xKTlg0p.jpg

Silvard

heroic missions drop 204 weapons and they are not that hard to do. level 33 enemies and i run one (for phoenix credits) through matchmaking with a guy that had a gear score similar to yours, admittedly the rest of us were upwards of 230 gear score. but they are easy nonetheless and you should be able to complete them through matchmaking. that's for weapons, for gear i think you'd have to run high value targets, but i don't know much about it and its rewards because i've never done them

Those are 200 GS recommended, isn't there anything that's at my level in order to progress? I went to the DZ for a bit but everything was 163 at best. I've tried to matchmake Falcon Lost but the groups always break up before the end. Weekly HVT only appear to award gloves and require a group.

I don't know what to do to get better gear at my level.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Those are 200 GS recommended, isn't there anything that's at my level in order to progress? I went to the DZ for a bit but everything was 163 at best. I've tried to matchmake Falcon Lost but the groups always break up before the end. Weekly HVT only appear to award gloves and require a group.

I don't know what to do to get better gear at my level.

I've gotten to 188 by doing the Hard Daily Missions (matchmaking), the HVTs (solo), and the Dark Zone (solo and grouped) - especially clearing out landmarks.

It's a grind for sure, but I'm enjoying it.

haha took my toughness down to 410k last night running with cuco trying to see what a dps build will look like, shit was hilarious! not doing that again. i rarely play solo so dps can take a back sit, getting my toughness to 800k/ skill power 40k with the replacement of my current 240 TA gear to 268 pieces. Current build till I find 268 replacements, don't know why my skill is that low it's currently at 28k...dps 110k

Yup I'm running a similar build with 630k toughness and 33k skill. Dps with g36 is 140k base and 200k with smart cover.

Top Bottom