• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

I got a green sealed cache at the blockade in Dz01 today... lol. Got a decent TA 240 backpack from it.

Also, I got AlphaBridge gloves with no stats just like ruthlesbarbarian... haha

Massive doesn't understand how RPG level scaling works. Lvl 35 enemies are just horrendous. Getting 1-2 shot even with 600k toughness, 65% EDR, 75% Damage Mitigation and over heals.

Skill Power scaling because of TA 4 piece (shooting range)? Base without it should be around 25-30k judging by the electronics.

Similar numbers when the talent is fully active

Yup, base is 33k. That's with the 4 piece tac bonus. Since I'm always in a group, it's basically 100% upkeep while in combat.

About that build of yours, I seriously don't understand how you can get 500+ toughness while still having almost 200k dps. I fucked around with my inventory and managed to get 500+ toughness but my dps goes to around 100k. :|

G36 with damage talents, + AR damage gloves, etc give you a lot of dps boost. Also focused talent is bugged so don't take the sheet dps at base value. Also, dps does not matter with tanktician build because you're going to be using smart cover and max pulse with 100% upkeep in combat, which basically doubles your actual dps.

Also, I got AlphaBridge gloves with no stats just like ruthlesbarbarian... haha

Must have dlc to get the 2-stat gloves. PS4 players only get no-stat gloves.

Try running Heroic Lexington 5-10 times as that should provide a decent chance at getting one (32 power level as well) although you are ultimately at the mercy of RNG.

Awesome, thanks! I'll give it a try tonight. I haven't had much luck with drops in Heroics, though. They've mostly been dropping 204 weapons and gear.

Massive doesn't understand how RPG level scaling works. Lvl 35 enemies are just horrendous. Getting 1-2 shot even with 600k toughness, 65% EDR, 75% Damage Mitigation and over heals.

Yup, base is 33k. That's with the 4 piece tac bonus. Since I'm always in a group, it's basically 100% upkeep while in combat.

G36 with damage talents, + AR damage gloves, etc give you a lot of dps boost. Also focused talent is bugged so don't take the sheet dps at base value. Also, dps does not matter with tanktician build because you're going to be using smart cover and max pulse with 100% upkeep in combat, which basically doubles your actual dps.

Must have dlc to get the 2-stat gloves. PS4 players only get no-stat gloves.

Oh that makes sense.

Also thanks for the info on that build. :)

GazzaGSi

Where can I get Stamina mods with Skill Power? I got new gloves last night, and they boost my Toughness, but lower my Skill Power a few thousand. I bought the blueprints from the Base of Operations vendor, but I can't seem to roll SP.

There's lvl 32 mod blueprints in DZ04 vendor that rotate frequently, can't remember which it is this week but that's where I got my stamina mod blueprint from which offeres higher attributes than the base vendor. I've rolled a fair few stamina blueprints with Skill Power with this blueprint. (pretty certain it's the 04 vendor and not 03).

Awesome, thanks! I'll give it a try tonight. I haven't had much luck with drops in Heroics, though. They've mostly been dropping 204 weapons and gear.

Speaking more of drops from the bosses on Heroic as they generally reward you with 3-4 HE pieces and a chance of a GS piece up to 240. I've gotten three power level 32 +SP mods from the boss on Lexington in about 15 or so runs. As a bonus you'll get a chance at a Showstopper drop by doing Heroic Lexington.

Audioboxer

Okay so I haven't played in ages. Like 5 months or longer I don't think. Booted up today. There's a new incursion I haven't done (Clear Sky), and now some daily and weekly missions?

Gear score is 179, firearms 2705, stamina 1903 and electronics 2014. Caduceus and Vector 45 weapons.

What should I do just now to get that Gear Score higher? Have no idea what missions drop what and how the Dark Zone has been changed.

Cheers.

Okay so I haven't played in ages. Like 5 months or longer I don't think. Booted up today. There's a new incursion I haven't done (Clear Sky), and now some daily and weekly missions?

Gear score is 179, firearms 2705, stamina 1903 and electronics 2014. Caduceus and Vector 45 weapons.

What should I do just now to get that Gear Score higher? Have no idea what missions drop what and how the Dark Zone has been changed.

Cheers.
Do HVTs, Dark Zone and any incursions you're able to finish to get decent gear set items. Try to get 75% mitigation from armor rolls (and re-roll them when necessary). Once you're at 75% mitigation and a decent toughness, most activities other than heroic incursions are pretty doable in random groups.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Do HVTs, Dark Zone and any incursions you're able to finish to get decent gear set items. Try to get 75% mitigation from armor rolls (and re-roll them when necessary). Once you're at 75% mitigation and a decent toughness, most activities other than heroic incursions are pretty doable in random groups.

Where do I check mitigation stats?

Audioboxer

Thanks. I'm getting back into the swing of things tonight.

Audioboxer

Yay random sentrys call gloves dropped from daily warrengate. I now have 2 greens and both are sentrys call. Backpack and gloves.

Do the rest of the pieces drop anywhere specific or all random? Cheers

Where do I check mitigation stats?
Go to the character tab and scroll down to survivability. It's probably the most important stat to get you over the hump into surviving the incursions, in the dark zone (PVE) and some of the higher difficulty HVTs etc. You'll notice that high-end weapons and gear set items (214-240) drop like crazy now, so you'll gear up quickly and then be like the rest of us, searching for a few key 268 upgrades on the gear set front.

(and if you have Underground, wait until you're geared up to a 220+ GS so that the caches you earn from leveling up are actually the strongest drops they can be)

Yay random sentrys call gloves dropped from daily warrengate. I now have 2 greens and both are sentrys call. Backpack and gloves.

Do the rest of the pieces drop anywhere specific or all random? Cheers
I believe you can mostly get random drops anywhere, but things are definitely weighted, so if you're going after something in particular...

• The underground mostly drops BLIND and Firecrest.
  • Falcon's Lost drops Sentry's Call, Striker and Tactician.
  • Cleary Sky drops Hunter's Faith, Predator's Mark.
  • Dragon's Nest drops Reclaimer and Deadeye.
  • Dark Zone, I believe can drop everything (including Final Measure, Alpha Bridge and Nomad). You'll ALWAYS want to go for supply drops since they guarantee a gear set item (instead of farming bosses, which seems to be like 10% drop rate (or worse?).
  • HVTs, I believe can drop anything, but seem to be weighted towards Lone Star by a large margin.

Audioboxer

I believe you can mostly get random drops anywhere, but things are definitely weighted, so if you're going after something in particular...

• The underground mostly drops BLIND and Firecrest.
  • Falcon's Lost drops Sentry's Call, Striker and Tactician.
  • Cleary Sky drops Hunter's Faith, Predator's Mark.
  • Dragon's Nest drops Reclaimer and Deadeye.
  • Dark Zone, I believe can drop everything (including Final Measure, Alpha Bridge and Nomad). You'll ALWAYS want to go for supply drops since they guarantee a gear set item (instead of farming bosses, which seems to be like 10% drop rate (or worse?).
  • HVTs, I believe can drop anything, but seem to be weighted towards Lone Star by a large margin.

Thanks. It is the rest of the sentry call armour I'm after. I can't do Dragons Nest yet as I'm on PS4.

What is the best way to earn the credit needed to do HVTs? Cheers

Thanks. It is the rest of the sentry call armour I'm after. I can't do Dragons Nest yet as I'm on PS4.

What is the best way to earn the credit needed to do HVTs? Cheers
For Sentry's Call, Falcon's Lost is quite easy, but a little tedious, until you start trying on the really hard difficulty levels. If you group up with randoms, they should be able to walk you through it a few times for some gear.

For intel for the HVT, there's two strategies:
1 - Just go to Camp Hudson and matchmake for free roam (that's where folks go for HVTs). Chances are your group will have intel to spend, letting you reap the benefits without having to dish out intel right away. As you complete HVTs, you'll get intel yourself to pay back the favour another time.
2 - Search safe houses for situation boards that are marked as "critical." Those missions tend to give out 2-3x the amount of intel as others. They spawn infinitely, so doing 3-4 of those in a row and you should be able to rifle though daily and weely HVTs.

TsuWave

lucked out with a socom m1a drop. accurate, coolheaded and swift

tumblr_oa0o0wmY1k1r6mcwfo1_540.png

i'm pretty ecstatic with it. its awesome

vivftp

For the longest time I've been running a build with skill power ranging from 8k to 14k and made do with it. Once 1.3 hit on the PS4, I found I was getting my ass handed to me in DZ05 and DZ06, so I got working on trying to get that skill power up. I had to sacrifice a bit, but am now sitting at 206 / 331 / 35 and I'm finding I have far better luck staying alive in the DZ. I'm a bit torn on whether to run pulse or smart cover as both are amazing at this skill level, and am having trouble letting go of my overdose. I could get everything a fair bit higher if I were willing to give up Final Measure, but that's a toughie to let go of as well.

I don't have many 268 pieces yet, so I should have plenty of headroom to get my DPS and toughness back up while maintaining or even increasing my skill.

Right now I'm trying out a 3/3 build of Striker and Final Measure.

For the longest time I've been running a build with skill power ranging from 8k to 14k and made do with it. Once 1.3 hit on the PS4, I found I was getting my ass handed to me in DZ05 and DZ06, so I got working on trying to get that skill power up. I had to sacrifice a bit, but am now sitting at 206 / 331 / 35 and I'm finding I have far better luck staying alive in the DZ. I'm a bit torn on whether to run pulse or smart cover as both are amazing at this skill level, and am having trouble letting go of my overdose. I could get everything a fair bit higher if I were willing to give up Final Measure, but that's a toughie to let go of as well.

I don't have many 268 pieces yet, so I should have plenty of headroom to get my DPS and toughness back up while maintaining or even increasing my skill.

Right now I'm trying out a 3/3 build of Striker and Final Measure.
Same - went from 14k skill power to 24k and the difference on the speed and amount of overheal is a lifesaver in PVE and PVP. Hoping to up that a tad by finding a Tactician's backpack with skill power as the main bonus. Rocking 230k/502k/24k at the moment. Here's hoping level 33 mod blueprints become a thing sometime, heh.

TsuWave

yeah, once i changed to high skillpower the game became more enjoyable for me. i;m at 170/395/39k

also today's my day, mp7 with swift and deadly just dropped. i'll roll brutal for the last one.

Foxxsoxx

I haven't played since the first few weeks of release. I was just wondering if they ever added any decent customization? Everyone looked the same at launch bar the DLC skins and I was just wondering if they added any cool customization sets that aren't paid.

Guys just one doubt... if I have 4 pieces of the TA gs, my skill will go up according to how much damage my group inflicts? And then my pulse (with damage) will make a lot more damage than usual?

GazzaGSi

Nice. I may try warrengate as I'm after acouple of sentry pieces and having crap luck elsewhere getting them to drop (dz bosses, supply drops & heroic/challenge mode missions).

Currently have 2 setups, 1 for DZ and 1 for pve.
Dz: 200k dps, 500k toughness & 30k skill with 3 final measure, 2 sentry & HE savage gloves.

Pve: 240k dps, 450k toughness & 27k skill with 5 piece sentry and HE savage gloves.

Finally got 75% armour mitigation purely from the gear items so have 5 gear mods for stamina + skill power and 1 for firearms and skill power to meet the brutal talent requirement on my G36.

As previously mentioned, it's so nice hitting a skill and getting almost full overheal from low health and/or skills cooldown greatly reduced. Coming from 11k skill it feels like a different game :)

Had some really good 229 HE gear items I've been half tempted to bin off the gearsets (except final measure) as I prefer some of the talents over what the gearsets offer.

TsuWave

wow just lost a 229 mp7 with fierce (3rd/free slot) and deadly to rogues. my second mp7 drop of the day. the cutting the rope mechanic is so punishing on solo players. first time i rage quit

EL CUCO

Ran 5 Heroic missions, didn't see a single weapon kit. Ran a challenging daily, one dropped almost immediately.

vivftp

I got my first batch of weapon kits relatively quickly. I've used 2, but once I got up to 3 total, they just stopped dropping for me. I've been almost exclusively running DZ, so I don't know if their drop rate is less in there or not. I'm almost at the point of wondering if there is a cap on how many weapon kits you can hold at a time... someone please tell me you can have more than 3 :)

Sumidor

I got my first batch of weapon kits relatively quickly. I've used 2, but once I got up to 3 total, they just stopped dropping for me. I've been almost exclusively running DZ, so I don't know if their drop rate is less in there or not. I'm almost at the point of wondering if there is a cap on how many weapon kits you can hold at a time... someone please tell me you can have more than 3 :)
Im 99% sure you can.

Audioboxer

How much does item find help? Lexington Heroic is frustrating.

Ran quite a few times, mostly meh yellows. One run had two green drops. 1 240 and the other 214.

Up to GS 205 now. Just need some better weapons. Running Cad/Midas at 182.

Audioboxer

What is the point in trying to matchmake for the DZ if the game just keeps grouping you with players with too high a GS...

Constant DZ mismatch or kicked from group.

ManCannon

Finally got to catch up on Undergeound and I gotta say, it's surprisingly well done. Kudos. While I can already sense repetitive fatigue on the horizon (would've loved more permutations / missions) I'm enjoying it. The consumables set seems ridiculous. :0

My main WTF SMH problem though is that killing enemies doesn't award xp towards your underground rank? Come on. So much pointless base character xp at level 30. Really wish they'd have come up something, anything, for xp at level 30 to matter (I.e. Look at Destiny or Paragon in Diablo)

EL CUCO

Made my alt a Tactician with Reckless chest. 90k health + max mitigation, max smart cover + pulse, enough Firearms to unlock Deadly, got Brutal on the bottom slot of both primary and secondary.

Man, I've been missing out.

Mine too. Absolutely nothing I do increases my stats. I can get up to 120k health or so but my dps is like 115k... the best I get is like 150k. My 5 gear striker set sucks now.
120 health or 120 toughness? For health that's fine.

I have 234k/508k/24k.

My focus is always on making sure I hit the armor cap first and then on having all my gear rolled to stamina or firearms with all mod slots being level 32 stamina mods with skill power. If I het gear that's already rolled well talent wise I'll try to reroll the stamina or firearm value hugher (you can gain like 120 on these sometimes).

But my main suggestion would be to try not to be married to an archetype. Wear your best gear to farm for the ones you really want knowing you'll get them eventually...I have a 2 sentry, 2 final measure, 2 tactician split, which isn't great but does the job. Looking to improve my backpack to a 268 tactician with skill power bonus.

120 health or 120 toughness? For health that's fine.

I have 234k/508k/24k.

My focus is always on making sure I hit the armor cap first and then on having all my gear rolled to stamina or firearms with all mod slots being level 32 stamina mods with skill power. If I het gear that's already rolled well talent wise I'll try to reroll the stamina or firearm value hugher (you can gain like 120 on these sometimes).

But my main suggestion would be to try not to be married to an archetype. Wear your best gear to farm for the ones you really want knowing you'll get them eventually...I have a 2 sentry, 2 final measure, 2 tactician split, which isn't great but does the job. Looking to improve my backpack to a 268 tactician with skill power bonus.

120k health... but I can't get a decent health and a good dps. :(

I don't get to 200k DPS at all, idk wtf is wrong.

120k health... but I can't get a decent health and a good dps. :(

I don't get to 200k DPS at all, idk wtf is wrong.
Level 32 stamina mods with skill power (the blueprint is sold every once in awhile in DZ04) help a lot with that-should let you focus a few of your gear rolls to firearms to get your stats up without sacrificing much. I'd suggest that...and getting a G36 with good rolls so you can roll off the focused talent.

Top Bottom