• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

fr0st

Banned
Don't want tyonquote the whole thing but you have about 200 excess armor there.

You sure you don't have extra mods with armor in them?

Mullah88

Don't want tyonquote the whole thing but you have about 200 excess armor there.

You sure you don't have extra mods with armor in them?

nope, no armor mods:

sentry chest - 1765 (268) previous 1530 (240)
TA mask - 437
sentry kp - 1044
TA bp - 1058
TA gloves - 434
TA holster - 1000

ill take an updated screen cap when i get back. replacing my mask with a 268 will be hard cause it has 2 modslots

Lima

Roll that amor off the backpack to get skill power on it then and put armor on a mod to make up for the lost armor.

Mullah88

Roll that amor off the backpack to get skill power on it then and put armor on a mod to make up for the lost armor.

main stat of the backpack is skill power everything else is stamina....are you saying to roll off armor (the extra armor) and add +skill power? ill try that since its still a 240, atleast i've established the armor cap, just need to find the right gear pieces

Lima

main stat of the backpack is skill power everything else is stamina....are you saying to roll off armor (the extra armor) and add +skill power? ill try that since its still a 240, atleast i've established the armor cap, just need to find the right gear pieces

Yes. Both mask and backpack should have additional skill power as their major attribute on them. That goes for every build. It's an easy and free way to get skill power without sacrificing anything else.

Mullah88

Yes. Both mask and backpack should have additional skill power as their major attribute on them. That goes for every build. It's an easy and free way to get skill power without sacrificing anything else.

i see, all my mod slots have stamina mods with skill power attributes. ill do what you recommended and see how that works out. guess i can experiment a little

Lima

Lol I was running with 368k last night and felt like the lvl 35 snipers were dropping me with one shot.

You are supposed to play this like a cover shooter now for real. You will never see me outside a maxed out Smart Cover. 120k toughness ain't so bad with 75% damage reduction from Smart Cover. I'd rather kill things quickly.

Lima

268 sentry and tactician's are hard to come by in the DZ. i might have to try heroic falcon lost. ugh

Eh if you have a competent team that does in on the left it takes like 20 minutes for a run. Just don't do it from the fucking pit.

You are supposed to play this like a cover shooter now for real. You will never see me outside a maxed out Smart Cover. 120k toughness ain't so bad with 75% damage reduction from Smart Cover. I'd rather kill things quickly.

I have 226K Toughness with 42K Skill power. I run Smart Cover & Pulse or Overdose & Pulse, depending on the situation. The damage reduction is beautiful and I can melt through enemies pretty nicely.

TsuWave

Eh if you have a competent team that does in on the left it takes like 20 minutes for a run. Just don't do it from the fucking pit.

that's the thing, i don't have a team. my friends stopped playing eons ago, all my FL challenge clears were via matchmaking.

i doubt i'll be lucky enough to land in a competent team that knows to do it from left side. i'll try to roll the dice later tho

Mullah88

268 sentry and tactician's are hard to come by in the DZ. i might have to try heroic falcon lost. ugh

i already got 4 piece sentry 268 (bp, chest, mask, holster), you have to farm the supply drops. concentrate on the ones that drop in DZ6 and 5...the lower dz drops has a chance of 268 but i always get a 229 item.

we tend to sit in a checkpoint and wait for the drop and keep server transferring after that for a chance to collect more. havent played any of the incursions since the update, tried heroic on FL and wiped on the last wave! not doing that shit again

TsuWave

i already got 4 piece sentry 268 (bp, chest, mask, holster), you have to farm the supply drops. concentrate on the ones that drop in DZ6 and 5...the lower dz drops has a chance of 268 but i always get a 229 item.

we tend to sit in a checkpoint and wait for the drop and keep server transferring after that for a chance to collect more. havent played any of the incursions since the update, tried heroic on FL and wiped on the last wave! not doing that shit again

yeah i pretty much spent all day yesterday in DZ6 and going after supply drops. only got one tactician's, backpack. i get a bunch of final measures, nomads and lone stars.

i will try that checkpoint/server transfer tip tho.

also, my luck with this game is the worst, 4 talent rerolls on my m1a trying to get accurate or capable and nada, so i'm out of phoenix credits for another roll, i try to roll bleed or coolheaded on my x-45 and first talent that pops up is accurate lol

also the amount of garbage talents in the pool is still shocking to me. i mean, "restored" lmao

120k toughness for life.

I can't even imagine such a low Toughness rating being remotely viable for CM/Heroic Operations/Incursions (especially Operations w/ the Mad Skills Directive active). You will at times find yourself without Smart Cover, needing to move, getting flanked, needing to revive teammates, etc where you will simply be a liability. You better be melting enemies simply by looking in their direction.

----------------------------------------------------

I think the game was initially pushing the player into a balanced build direction upon release only to have most people use a Sentry's/Striker build which they countered with a push towards a Tank/Skill build to supposedly balance things out only to push it again back towards balanced builds with active talents, etc.

With the current state of the game and requirements of active talents my base builds start at 200K DPS, 400K Toughness, and 30K Skill Power while using First Aid w/Overdose and mostly Smart Cover (with a little Flashbang and Pulse mixed in from time to time). All weapon talents active.

My main is at 250K, DPS, 400K Toughness, and 30K Skill Power.

My alt is at 320K DPS, 420K Toughness, and 31K Skill Power.

In any case, the game is definitely back to being a "cover shooter" and that's a good thing.

Just hit Rank 30 in the Underground. Rank 31 is 20,000 XP away with seemingly each additional rank going up another 1000+ XP. That said, multi-phase Operations with all Directives active sure do provide some tense moments.

Lima

It is very viable. And skill is high enough that the next smart cover is available before the first runs out. So no I'm never without smart cover.

TsuWave

high skill power is the forbidden fruit in this game, once you taste it you can go back to firearms+stamina combo. now you're sitting at home looking at your character and regretting all the choices you made before.

Archpath1

Once you go reclaimer you feel loved, everyone needs and likes what you do

I switched it off, no one needed me and wasn't loved.

I can't go with out it....

high skill power is the forbidden fruit in this game, once you taste it you can go back to firearms+stamina combo. now you're sitting at home looking at your character and regretting all the choices you made before.

But what does it change outside of a stronger sticky bomb?

true

2570584130446582014%253Faccount_id%253D1

gave up on the dps chase a while ago

smart cover basically negates the loss of dps while running a tanktician build

only downside is not being able to activate multiple weapons talents.

fr0st

Banned
Smart cover and pulse at max and always on.

Basically it gives you a huge toughness and DPs boost as long as you can keep the tactician bonus on.

I tried the heroic Hudson camp mission. Even with max smart cover and 2pc final measure the rc cars still melt you. The added bosses at the end and infinite respawning rushed made it harder to solo but its doable.

Smart cover and pulse at max and always on.

Basically it gives you a huge toughness and DPs boost as long as you can keep the tactician bonus on.

I tried the heroic Hudson camp mission. Even with max smart cover and 2pc final measure the rc cars still melt you. The added bosses at the end and infinite respawning rushed made it harder to solo but its doable.

Interesting.

Damn @DeathJr that build is boss. :D

TsuWave

stronger smart cover with 100% uptime. short downtime on heals and signature. me solo with only 400k toughness vs 4 rogues and they couldn't drop me due to conceal smart cover plus the heals i get back pretty quick, and i run 2 final measure + 4 sentry so i leisurely switched to my pistol marked two of them switched back to my smg dropped them both since i get a huge boost to my dps with smart cover, and watched the other two run away

i tried going back to dps+stamina it just doesn't work for me anymore, i find myself hating the cooldown on my skills and missing the buffs.

@death that build is crazy

Might as well use nomad and hunters faith.

I wish this game had a class system instead of this fuckery that we got now.

I would have been fine with scaling HE gear and individual unique talents (just more of them). You could even have "sets" with those as you kind of already do just not with the set-like bonuses currently but instill some kind of synergy or added perk for using an entire Tactical, Gunslinger, Spec-ops, etc sets.

I find individual talents on armor/gear much more interesting than the gear sets and having weapons with no talents active just seems weird / boring to me in this game, I don't get why so many go with builds that simply void talents.

Still no G36 drop for me, what have I done to deserve this :D

I think they are a myth lol

I have eight of the 229 variety in my stash, two on each of my characters, and have sold a handful as well. I get nothing but those and the new snipers from Underground caches.

The two I use the most have Deadly, Brutal, and Fierce & Accurate, Deadly, and Ferocious. I know how folks feel about "accuracy" in The Division but the latter one there absolutely shreds, God tier.

Did both hard missions, the challenge mission, a heroic mission, and a challenge incursion last night and didn't get a single damn usable thing :\

Are there any spots with Tactician gear drops more than others? Since I can't find another AlphaBridge piece for the life of me to try the four piece bonus maybe I'll look to TA shit.

GazzaGSi

It follows the drop pattern
Normal - 131
Hard - 163
Challenge - 182
Heroic - 204

Also the NPCs are only 33 unlike 35 for the heroic incursions.

I've been getting some decent 240 items on heroic Lexington. Improved my build quite abit farming this as I still was running some 214's.

Sorry for yesterday ruthles, I was just fucking around with another group for a while then logged out.

About that build of yours, I seriously don't understand how you can get 500+ toughness while still having almost 200k dps. I fucked around with my inventory and managed to get 500+ toughness but my dps goes to around 100k. :|

Skill Power scaling because of TA 4 piece (shooting range)? Base without it should be around 25-30k judging by the electronics.

Similar numbers when the talent is fully active

I only have 1362 Electronics on one of my characters and have 32K Skill Power because of the use of +SP mods and +SP as Major Attributes on the mask and backpack. It also looks like the DPS is scaling as well due to Smart Cover. Nice build regardless although the lack of weapon talents is a real downer for me, it's kind of like having a weapon in Destiny and not activating any of the perks/customization.

Edit: It definitely is as you can see an active Smart Cover on the sand bags.

Where can I get Stamina mods with Skill Power? I got new gloves last night, and they boost my Toughness, but lower my Skill Power a few thousand. I bought the blueprints from the Base of Operations vendor, but I can't seem to roll SP.

Where can I get Stamina mods with Skill Power? I got new gloves last night, and they boost my Toughness, but lower my Skill Power a few thousand. I bought the blueprints from the Base of Operations vendor, but I can't seem to roll SP.

Try running Heroic Lexington 5-10 times as that should provide a decent chance at getting one (32 power level as well) although you are ultimately at the mercy of RNG.

Top Bottom