• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

EL CUCO

A weapon kit just dropped for me off an elite purple enemy on my level 22 alt during an "Encouter". Didnt know they were available prior to 30.

Edit: just got 4 of them during normal difficulty Warrengate.

Silvard

So I've been playing bit more and have gotten some gear from missions and have managed to get to 203 GS. However I have been unable to complete even a single incursion, not even at hard. Every single matchmade group I've been in either sucks or breaks up if/when we wipe further into it. Is this normal? Should I just not bother?

Outside of missions I haven't done anything so far, not HVT, no DZ, obviously no incursions, since the friends that used to play with me no longer play.

Level 32 stamina mods with skill power (the blueprint is sold every once in awhile in DZ04) help a lot with that-should let you focus a few of your gear rolls to firearms to get your stats up without sacrificing much. I'd suggest that...and getting a G36 with good rolls so you can roll off the focused talent.

Where can I get the G36?

Edit: I do have the level 32 Stamina and Firearms bps... aren't these enough?

Audioboxer

So I've been playing bit more and have gotten some gear from missions and have managed to get to 203 GS. However I have been unable to complete even a single incursion, not even at hard. Every single matchmade group I've been in either sucks or breaks up if/when we wipe further into it. Is this normal? Should I just not bother?

Outside of missions I haven't done anything so far, not HVT, no DZ, obviously no incursions, since the friends that used to play with me no longer play.

The Falcon Lost incursion needs good teamwork. I've completed it twice out of quite a few attempts. Most randoms don't know what to do.

Just recently I got a party that carried me a bit due to low GS. The tactic used was to stay underground at the vents and pick things off. Worked well but took a while.

Most random parties either try and stay in the tower at the beginning or all run in different directions inside and everyone wipes.

I'm not playing just now but add me on PS4 if that is what you are on and I'll try help. PSN is Audioboxer. My GS is only 210 though. Been finding it hard trying to grind out better stuff last 2 days. Trying to play with the DZ but dying a lot and struggling to find a group to help. Having DZ 1~2 basically just drop purple shit is depressing when you're solo as it is all useless and going it alone DZ5/6 is near impossible. At least it is for me at GS 210, but maybe my stats are shit.

Where can I get the G36?

Edit: I do have the level 32 Stamina and Firearms bps... aren't these enough?

G36 is a random drop. I got one on heroic lexington but ALL 3 talents were crap :( Since you can only re-roll one it's a waste of space for me.

Surprisingly good DZ session today. Lots of sentry, striker and tactician drops. Quiet server perfect for farming, got 15+ supply drops....and 6 G36 drops ;)

Responsive or Brutal on an SMG? Unfortunately can't have both on this gun. Already has Deadly.

Depends on your aim. Body shotters go for responsive, headshotters go for brutal :p

Surprisingly good DZ session today. Lots of sentry, striker and tactician drops. Quiet server perfect for farming, got 15+ supply drops....and 6 G36 drops ;)

Depends on your aim. Body shotters go for responsive, headshotters go for brutal :p

What?? Lol you guys are so lucky. I only get pistols and mods lately :|

Audioboxer

Aw man I did DZ matchmaking and a group didn't kick me. Transferred to their 231+ DZ. Pretty much dying instantly so they kicked me after a few deaths.

I run back in to try and pick up the little loot I got and the one yellow drop was a named weapon called hungry hog lol.

Not sure how rare it is but I'm sitting in DZ06 231+ at GS 210, alone, and I need to find a way to extract this lmao.

Edit: Just noticed I can transfer back to my own DZ level. Still, going to be a bitch extracting this.

Aw man I did DZ matchmaking and a group didn't kick me. Transferred to their 231+ DZ. Pretty much dying instantly so they kicked me after a few deaths.

I run back in to try and pick up the little loot I got and the one yellow drop was a named weapon called hungry hog lol.

Not sure how rare it is but I'm sitting in DZ06 231+ at GS 210, alone, and I need to find a way to extract this lmao.

Edit: Just noticed I can transfer back to my own DZ level. Still, going to be a bitch extracting this.
That weapon is a pos lol

It's not.

Sell it. Named weapons sell for 50k credits. That's about the only thing they are good for.

Damn I always deconstruct them! Never again... lol

Btw I got a REALLY good L86 yesterday... only 58 shots in the magazine but it's damn stable, almost as stable as my AUG! o_O

Audioboxer

It's not.

Sell it. Named weapons sell for 50k credits. That's about the only thing they are good for.

Damn I always deconstruct them! Never again... lol

Btw I got a REALLY good L86 yesterday... only 58 shots in the magazine but it's damn stable, almost as stable as my AUG! o_O

Eeek. I really need some help then with build.

What is wise to aim for then for a solo player? What armour and weapons? Cheers

Eeek. I really need some help then with build.

What is wise to aim for then for a solo player? What armour and weapons? Cheers

Damn dude... lately it's almost impossible to play solo... for me anyway...

For armour you'd need a total of 5358 to get the 75% mitigation. After you reach that you can focus on other aspects of your build. As for weapons, the best bet currently is the G36 for primary and X-45 for sidearm.

Audioboxer

Damn dude... lately it's almost impossible to play solo... for me anyway...

For armour you'd need a total of 5358 to get the 75% mitigation. After you reach that you can focus on other aspects of your build. As for weapons, the best bet currently is the G36 for primary and X-45 for sidearm.

Just stop playing if you only play solo. You can't get anywhere with your gear and it's not fun either.

Cheers. Not permanently solo, I just mean I don't have dedicated friends and will often team with randoms.

Cheers. Not permanently solo, I just mean I don't have dedicated friends and will often team with randoms.

Add gaffers :D

Look for the DivisionGaf group on PS4 (if that's your platform) and add players from there :)

A weapon kit just dropped for me off an elite purple enemy on my level 22 alt during an "Encouter". Didnt know they were available prior to 30.

Edit: just got 4 of them during normal difficulty Warrengate.

Oh man I haven't done missions in a loooong ass time.

After a fruitful run of the DZ earlier, and spending almost all my PC and over 3 million credits (I had 11 million lol), I was able to optimize my build really well.

This is the result after an hour of min-maxing:

Base stats...

Cm97CeoVYAQJW2q.jpg:large

With 4 tactician and smart cover bonus (100% upkeep on both in a team)...

Cm969k4VUAAMExO.jpg:large

;)

Just missing two things:

+4 firearms to activate some talents (2260), which I can easily get from a better rolled firearms mod or better holster.
+ skill power on a Stamina Final Measure backpack. I have extra armor over the cap, which is a waste; and with the correct backpack I'll be able to get my skill power even higher without sacrificing anything.

Have 2 perfectly rolled G36's - one for my support tank and another for dps tank.

Once the dlc comes out on PS4, will look to build 2 FM + 4 Reclaimer around the same stats. Apart from a 5-piece sentry + savage/reckless/vigorous combo, I really don't see any other gear sets holding up to comparison for team play.

Tried a 4-piece alpha bridge and got bored super fast. Great for solo players though.

PS: my FW X-45 sidearm has more sheet dps than my M1A sniper...lol

Burglekutt

So i followed GAF a lot when the game first came out, and I didn't get approved until very recently, but I just wanted to float out an idea for the next OT. Tom Clancy's The Division IOT 4I Bullet Sponge Worthy. ;)

Silvard

Never need to play solo, if you see me online hit me up. Will add you to your deadvision ps4 support group on psn as well, we use it for gaf matchmaking.

Please add me as well (SilvardCT on PSN). I've only been able to play solo and on matchmade things and I haven't gotten anywhere. So please count me in for all DivisionGAF activities and groups.

I am Rank 31 on one character and Rank 20 on the my other one in the Underground and literally did not see a new area since the day of release up until tonight on my first Operation. So I guess there are more play-spaces.

Burglekutt

So I had the game since launch and got to level 24 or so and then took a break. I fainally got max level and go to the darkzone and there appears to be groups with high level gear killing everyone else in sight(including me). Is this normal or did i show up on a bad night?

I need to start hitting up DZ more often with you guys, maybe i'll be blessed by rng as well too. lol

The best way to beat RNG in this game is to play with a full team and trade drops. If Massive would just make the weekly rewards, supply drop loot and dz chest drops tradeable, it would take away a lot of RNG bullshit.

So i followed GAF a lot when the game first came out, and I didn't get approved until very recently, but I just wanted to float out an idea for the next OT. Tom Clancy's The Division IOT 4I Bullet Sponge Worthy. ;)

OT4? We won't even make it to 4 before the Division 2 comes out... :p

Please add me as well (SilvardCT on PSN). I've only been able to play solo and on matchmade things and I haven't gotten anywhere. So please count me in for all DivisionGAF activities and groups.

Will do.

So I had the game since launch and got to level 24 or so and then took a break. I fainally got max level and go to the darkzone and there appears to be groups with high level gear killing everyone else in sight(including me). Is this normal or did i show up on a bad night?

Both. Massive has failed to address the 4+ groups of players in the Dark Zone, something that has been there since launch. While it can be fun to get a bigger group and quickly farm mobs in harder zones, some jerks like to prey on solo and weaker players. You'll find them in the lower dark zone rolling around killing other players. Best thing is to make a run for the higher zones where they won't usually follow cause the AI will wreck them.

darkwing

this is normal, this is what my group usually do when we encounter solo players in higher DZ, we don't go below DZ05

this is normal, this is what my group usually do when we encounter solo players in higher DZ, we don't go below DZ05

Why? Just leave them alone. It's hard for solo players as it is.

We've had many solo players run along with us, just happy to get shots in on the boss so they get a drop. I've even let solo players extract with us and revived them plenty of times. You have a choice, you don't have to be a jerk.

darkwing

we consider DZ as a PvP zone, they should have put a seperate competitive mode, we seldom play anymore though since the DLC is still next month on the PS4

Massive should take a page from Bungie's book (Nightfalls) but make it much more rewarding as they should put the six Heroic story missions in a weekly rotation, add all the Directives (difficulty modifiers from the Underground Operations), and upon completion one time per week you get a 229 weapon, a 268 armor piece, and a Vanity item. The rewards should come from the game's loot pool in it's entirety and not limited to certain sets or weapons.

...and while I'm at it, add 268 High-end armor pieces with unique talents giving the players more ( and needed) options concerning character building.

Audioboxer

Massive should take a page from Bungie's book (Nightfalls) but make it much more rewarding as they should put the six Heroic story missions in a weekly rotation, add all the Directives (difficulty modifiers from the Underground Operations), and upon completion one time per week you get a 229 weapon, a 268 armor piece, and a Vanity item. The rewards should come from the game's loot pool in it's entirety and not limited to certain sets or weapons.

...and while I'm at it, add 268 High-end armor pieces with unique talents giving the players more ( and needed) options concerning character building.

Yeah I'm struggling to get above 212 GS. Need more set armour. Running Lexington over and over = brain dead.

The DZ is just hell of a risky/hard for what the reward is worth. Having to stick to DZ1~3 and the drops are meh.

darkwing

they already said DZ is the end game

Dave1988

Skill Up reviewed the Deadeye Gear Set:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnPmZnW7zA4

Deadeye Review TL;DR
- The 2 piece bonus (220% CHD) is very underwhelming stat-wise
- The 3 piece bonus (40% Initial Bullet Stability) is completely incompatible with the way this set is intended to be used
- The 4pc Bonus (100% crit when not scoped with a MM Rifle) removes your ability to land critical headshots, which massively reduces your total DPS potential
- The set is extremely difficult to properly gear for, requiring huge sacrifices in core stats like Toughness, Firearms and Skillpower
- You literally do less DPS with this gear set than if you wore nothing at all

Massive pls.

Yeah I'm struggling to get above 212 GS. Need more set armour. Running Lexington over and over = brain dead.

The DZ is just hell of a risky/hard for what the reward is worth. Having to stick to DZ1~3 and the drops are meh.
If you're trying to get GS items why are you farming Lexington?

Weekly HVTs, Dark Zone, incursions (any difficulty level) and underground level up caches are all good sources of GS items. Once you're only looking for 268s the activities get more narrow but at this stage there doesn't seem to be a reason to limit yourself to mindless faming?

they already said DZ is the end game

I'm not sure exactly what you're getting at but if it's the level of obtainable gear and in what game modes can it be acquired you can get 229/268 weapons and gear in multiple ways running Operations as well as the Dark Zone.

I'm just suggesting another means and game activity (in this case a weekly one) in order to obtain such gear without restrictions while offering game longevity. I would also suggest level 34 enemies in this mode as they should be anyways in all Heroic missions.

ManCannon

Since the Underground insists on giving me BLIND gear I figured what the hell, may as well put it on for a few runs to break up the grind.

Oh my... what a shitty set. Like there's nothing fun about it, at all. Shame 99% of the set pieces that drop in Underground are either BLIND or Firecrest (which also seems like shit).

Worst part so far is that I was already full 240 gear and even running challenging Underground with a few directives drops lower level gear.

And best I can tell there's absolutely nothing to spend Phoenix credits on anymore? I'm not Underground Lvl 40 yet and seems like everything else is low level. (and I already have like 20 weapon kits just from random drops)

darkwing

I'm not sure exactly what you're getting at but if it's the level of obtainable gear and in what game modes can it be acquired you can get 229/268 weapons and gear in multiple ways running Operations as well as the Dark Zone.

I'm just suggesting another means and game activity (in this case a weekly one) in order to obtain such gear without restrictions while offering game longevity. I would also suggest level 34 enemies in this mode as they should be anyways in all Heroic missions.

I just mean DZ is the most efficient way to get the best gear

Since the Underground insists on giving me BLIND gear I figured what the hell, may as well put it on for a few runs to break up the grind.

Oh my... what a shitty set. Like there's nothing fun about it, at all. Shame 99% of the set pieces that drop in Underground are either BLIND or Firecrest (which also seems like shit).

Worst part so far is that I was already full 240 gear and even running challenging Underground with a few directives drops lower level gear.

And best I can tell there's absolutely nothing to spend Phoenix credits on anymore? I'm not Underground Lvl 40 yet and seems like everything else is low level. (and I already have like 20 weapon kits just from random drops)

Re-rolling weapon talents, my friend.

Firecrest three set bonus (+100% reload speed is amazing) cures my biggest complaint from 1.2 which was how long it took to reload weapons. I must look at this game differently as I look at gear based on the rolls and go from there in re-rolling and building a character while keeping weapon talents active. Attributes/stats I look for are +Health on Kill, +Skill Power, +Armor, +Ammo to name a some.

I'd rather put together a well-balanced character in regards to abled-mobility, ammo counts, and survivability rather than being stuck behind a smart cover 100% of the time. I say this as enjoying the cover mechanics but I also want to move around a bit as well (as soon as a lot more folks experience Operations they'll realize that it will be necessary with Directives enabled).

Regarding sets, outside of maybe the Reclaimer set there isn't much in the way that makes any set a must have for the four piece bonus. I'd just as well mix and match for some two or three set bonuses in addition to a HE Reckless or Savage piece and I'd much rather just go back to scaled HE gear with individual unique talents for an entire build.

Top Bottom