• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

Audioboxer

If you're trying to get GS items why are you farming Lexington?

Weekly HVTs, Dark Zone, incursions (any difficulty level) and underground level up caches are all good sources of GS items. Once you're only looking for 268s the activities get more narrow but at this stage there doesn't seem to be a reason to limit yourself to mindless faming?

I know lol, Lex is just easy and has dropped a couple pieces.

Grinding intel for HVTs is a pain, and DZ is fun but totally random. Guess I should start doing incursions again. They just take ages!

Can't do Underground yet as I'm on PS4.

Skill Up reviewed the Deadeye Gear Set:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnPmZnW7zA4

Massive pls.

Haha, wow. I was looking forward to trying it out with the dlc and using my sniper as a shotgun :/

I'll have to disagree with Skill-up on this one though. The set seems to be tailored more for pvp and crit dmg builds. esp with the new svd marksman rifle. I would argue that one have a niche build with svd + deadeye and be really good for pvp and solo'ing lower level content quickly.

Pulse + ammo cache, spec'ed for crit damage. With 4 piece deadeye you'd be doing a lot of dps in pvp since this set relies on body shot damage, not headshot. And we know how terrible the pvp is where you can;t really headshot anyone unless they're stunned or shocked..

Arguably the heroic incursions are more efficient if you're looking for something specific, though.

If they weren't broken on PS4, sure.

I end up playing solo and rando's on ps4 myself. Feel free to add me (moogpaul) i'm always down for whatever.

Added.

How much harder is Falcon Lost on challenging? Don't want to waste a groups time if GS 215 is a little low for it.

For a well geared and coordinated team, not much. GS doesn't matter that much, stats do.

Do you mean in the grating that goes underground?

No, the area under the stairs on the left side, near the spawn door.

GazzaGSi

Lost count how many sealed caches I've had over the last couple of weeks but haven't lost count on what's been useful because a total of zero items have been useful from them.

I wish when you opened a sealed cache 3 items would appear and you could choose 1 of the 3 for a little more chance of getting something to complement your build. For instance if it has a 240 gear set item offer a sentry, tactician and Hunters faith and you have to choose 1. I really can't remember the last item I got from any activity that has improved my characters loadout.

BSherrod

I haven't gotten the DLC yet, if anyone wants to help a scub 207 GS guy get some better gear after the Striker and Sentry nerf then let me know. BSherrod on Xbox.

How is it broken?

Skills don't work, players getting disconnected, APC cheap shotting you outside of range, shotgunners don't get stunned from flashbangs. You basically have to camp one corner for about an hour and hope you don't get wiped out by shotgunners or the apc.

Basically it's not worth running until the dlc comes out on PS4, when one player in the team has a Reclaimer set. Reclaimer 4-piece makes heroic activities a joke.

Better off farming dark zone.

Lima

Dragon's Nest had that same issue where you can't use any of your skills in the final room lol. They also had to delay heroic for it. Just like challenging for clear sky. Bunch of clowns.

Skills don't work, players getting disconnected, APC cheap shotting you outside of range, shotgunners don't get stunned from flashbangs. You basically have to camp one corner for about an hour and hope you don't get wiped out by shotgunners or the apc.

Basically it's not worth running until the dlc comes out on PS4, when one player in the team has a Reclaimer set. Reclaimer 4-piece makes heroic activities a joke.

Better off farming dark zone.

Wow wtf. I had no idea it was this bad. Damn

I know lol, Lex is just easy and has dropped a couple pieces.

Grinding intel for HVTs is a pain, and DZ is fun but totally random. Guess I should start doing incursions again. They just take ages!

Can't do Underground yet as I'm on PS4.
Matchmake at Camp Hudson if you dont have intel. Someone in your random group will.

Been enjoying heroic mode underground with three phases and all directives but the skill one active quite a bit tonight. Randoms have been great with coordination on what to run, slow advancement, etc. Between boss drops, rewards and chests (and almost 11k XP) it's pretty good return on time commitment too.

I'm having a blast on Underground missions just got to level 22 tonite. I've been grinding hard ones but I want to step up to challenging ones. What should my stats be? I'm currently at 250k dps and 408k toughness. Is this enough?

Lima

I'm having a blast on Underground missions just got to level 22 tonite. I've been grinding hard ones but I want to step up to challenging ones. What should my stats be? I'm currently at 250k dps and 408k toughness. Is this enough?

That's more enough to run heroic.

GazzaGSi

May have missed this but I'm unable to re roll a talent on the showstopper, the weapon isn't listed to be recalibrated from my inventory of weapons. Is that intentional?

EL CUCO

May have missed this but I'm unable to re roll a talent on the showstopper, the weapon isn't listed to be recalibrated from my inventory of weapons. Is that intentional?
Named weapons currently cant be recalibrated. The client patch this Tuesday is supposed to correct that. So yes, working as intended :p

It is supposedly going to be changed in the future but as of now no named weapons can be re-rolled. I'm not sure if this change is for The Showstopper in particular but it was mentioned regarding the change.

Named weapons currently cant be recalibrated. The client patch this Tuesday is supposed to correct that. So yes, working as intended :p

The more I think about these named weapons I'm convinced Massive missed a great opportunity by not creating unique/special talents for each of these named weapons to give them different properties and advantages in making them truly different compared to other non-named weapons. In such a case they should have been made static with no re-rolling, the reality is they are not that much different than regular weapons and really offer no advantage.

GazzaGSi

It is supposedly going to be changed in the future but as of now no named weapons can be re-rolled. I'm not sure if this change is for The Showstopper in particular but it was mentioned regarding the change.

Thanks guys, appreciate the response I didn't realise that. Can see why it's not meant to trigger sentrys mark neither, absolutely destroys npc's :)

EL CUCO

The more I think about these named weapons I'm convinced Massive missed a great opportunity by not creating unique/special talents for each of these named weapons to give them different properties and advantages in making them truly different compared to other non-named weapons. In such a case they should have been made static with no re-rolling, the reality is they are not that much different than regular weapons and really offer no advantage.
I agree 100%. Named weapons have been a huge dissapointment. The SS and B.L.I.N.D. BR (currently not in the game) are kind of a baby step in the right direction, but they really should revamp all the named weapons to do what you mentioned.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football

You should be able to do challenging. I find that you just need to not be afraid to run for cover during the initial wave of shotgunners and the rest isn't that hard. Challenging and Heroic is more about playing smart than anything else, IMO.

You should be able to do challenging. I find that you just need to not be afraid to run for cover during the initial wave of shotgunners and the rest isn't that hard. Challenging and Heroic is more about playing smart than anything else, IMO.
Yeah, I'm 238k/508k/23k and with a team coordinating, managed a three phase heroic only popping a Survival Link once to run pasg a group of NPCs. Heroic is all about staking a defendable spot and playing smart (a strong smart cover does wonders). Focus fire on shotgun rushes as that's the most dangerous part and should be doable. Completed 4/5 of my heroic runs when randomly matchmaking (and the failed one still got me some decwnt loot).

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Yeah, I'm 238k/508k/23k and with a team coordinating, managed a three phase heroic only popping a Survival Link once to run pasg a group of NPCs. Heroic is all about staking a defendable spot and playing smart (a strong smart cover does wonders). Focus fire on shotgun rushes as that's the most dangerous part and should be doable. Completed 4/5 of my heroic runs when randomly matchmaking (and the failed one still got me some decwnt loot).

The only part that sucks is when enemies come from an area you already cleared. You focusing on what is in front of the team and then shotgunners come up from behind. You are screwed at that point.

GazzaGSi

Every so often Larae can drop 240 set armour on heroic lexington. Just got a 240 alphabridge piece.

Damn rare though.

Had shit luck most of the weekend farming heroic missions and then today 3 240 pieces (1 nomad, 2 tactician) plus some 191's and a show stopper. Got a fantastic stamina mod too, 161+1596 skill power. Was mainly farming for phoenix credits as I've blasted all mine on gun talent rolls.

BurritoBear

Neo Member
Had shit luck most of the weekend farming heroic missions and then today 3 240 pieces (1 nomad, 2 tactician) plus some 191's and a show stopper. Got a fantastic stamina mod too, 161+1596 skill power. Was mainly farming for phoenix credits as I've blasted all mine on gun talent rolls.
It's amazing how quickly everyone went through their months long stash of Phoenix Creds when the patch came out... I'm sitting in double digits right now too

Audioboxer

Holy shit the shotgun runners on Queens tunnel are pure bullshit.

Fucking finally done Queens on heroic. Those shotgunners are lmao. Crazy.

Got the skin paint first go so that will do. Back to farming lex.

Congrats man :D

GazzaGSi

It's amazing how quickly everyone went through their months long stash of Phoenix Creds when the patch came out... I'm sitting in double digits right now too

Damn right, at least they've made doing the dailies and assignments relevant again for the credits. Taking small steps in the right direction but the loot still needs to be more generous/rewarding for the time.

Hell, even have vendor trading where you can trade 3 items for 1 item at the same gear score. At least that way the shit you accumulate and hours spent can go towards something worthwhile for your build.

Congrats man :D

Cheers, think we were in a squad for all of 5 minutes before it disbanded for an hour or so with ruthles, I'll fire you a friend request. Always looking for more to team up with.

EL CUCO

Patch notes
Here is the list of changes to be implemented with the July 12th maintenance:

♢Reduced the base damage of all G36 Assault Rifles by 15%.
♢Fixed a bug where named weapons could not have their talents recalibrated.
♢Fixed a bug where the Megamap would not open for some players.
♢Fixed a bug where using the Evacuation Point in Underground before the new Objective Notification has appeared caused the mission UI to break.
♢Fixed a bug where the AlphaBridge Gloves could miss some of their attributes. Note: this change is retroactive, which means that all attributes on existing AlphaBridge Gloves will be rerolled.
♢Fixed a bug where the game music would stop completely when logging out while inside an Incursion.
♢Fixed a bug where recalibrating the last Talent on the PP-19 submachinegun would not yield a free Talent.
♢Fixed a bug where the Sentry Gear Set bonus would incorrectly apply when using The Showstopper automatic shotgun.
♢Fixed a bug where using a Signature Skill could cause the visual effect to be applied to all nearby players (not just group members).
♢Fixed a bug where weapon talents could stack indefinitely while using the Alpha-Bridge Gear Set 4-piece bonus.
♢Fixed a bug where recalibrating weapon talents would yield a random bonus, instead of the one selected in the UI.
♢Fixed a bug where players would die when returning to certain missions after respawning in a safe house.
♢Fixed a bug where PC players would be able to use multiple consumables at the same time.

Top Bottom