• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

As much as I'm enjoying heroic right now, my feeling is that rather than nerf the G36 by 15%, other 229s should've been buffed instead. It's a good gun, the best in the game, but at 235k/508k/24k it still struggles to drop enemies at a reasonable rate. Kind of dreading seeing what my DPS falls to tomorrow...

Because you have too much toughness. Invest in more firearms
Just checked: because of the scaling difference, rerolling a Stamina piece to a Firearms piece would up my dps by 4% but drop my toughness by a full 20%. Seems like a weak tradeoff.

When I pulse my DPS hits 271,000. Currenly my feeling is that the more efficient way to DPS increase on my build is to replace my current tactician's pack with one with skill power as a major attribute. It should up my skill power by 30%. So far the three 268 tactician backpacks I've found all have other major attributes, sadly.

Thanks guys, appreciate the response I didn't realise that. Can see why it's not meant to trigger sentrys mark neither, absolutely destroys npc's :)

It'a fully automatic, that's why. Sentry is designed to work with semi-auto weapons.

Because you have too much toughness. Invest in more firearms

Firearms scale terribly. Anyone running more than 2800 firearms is just gimping their build.

DPS can be increased by other stats like crit damage, headshot damage, etc. Investing in firearms beyond what is required to activate talents is not worth it.

Ideally, you would want enough firearms to activate 2/3 talents and get the one talent that requires higher stats on the free slot. Then you're free to distribute stats into stamina instead.

High skillpower and stamina lets you tank more damage and increase your damage skills uptime.

Patch notes

RIP showstopper.

15% base damage nerf to G36 is a lot, damn :(

No word on broken heroic incursions (esp on PS4). Dragon's Nest heroic still not available?

It'a fully automatic, that's why. Sentry is designed to work with semi-auto weapons.

Firearms scale terribly. Anyone running more than 2800 firearms is just gimping their build.

DPS can be increased by other stats like crit damage, headshot damage, etc. Investing in firearms beyond what is required to activate talents is not worth it.

Ideally, you would want enough firearms to activate 2/3 talents and get the one talent that requires higher stats on the free slot. Then you're free to distribute stats into stamina instead.

High skillpower and stamina lets you tank more damage and increase your damage skills uptime.

RIP showstopper.

15% base damage nerf to G36 is a lot, damn :(

No word on broken heroic incursions (esp on PS4). Dragon's Nest heroic still not available?
Yeah, that's what I'm aiming for (upping Skill Power instead of Firearms). Right now I have a 229 M1A with Deadly/Brutal/Toxic (haven't been able to roll Accurate yet), a 229 G36 with Deadly, Destructive and Competent (14%) and a 229 PP19 with decent base damage and deadly as my main guns. Seems like the clear path to higher DPS/stats without sacrificing my build's other elements is either to find level 33 mods (unlikely) or to find a tactician's backpack with a naturally rolled skill power bonus (so that I can re-calibrate the main attribute from Electronics to Firearms) and a Sentry's Call mask with a naturally rolled stamina or skill power (so that I can recalibrate and ensure I get both of those). That should help a bunch. A bit tough when you're looking for something so specific, but still...happy enough as it is now. We'll see if it becomes a shell of its former self after the G36 fix. Sigh!

Audioboxer

I finally got 4 alpha bridge pieces and man is it fun as hell. Still have my Caduceus drop from BK. It doesn't have the enemy armour damage on it as it's a pre-patch version but that doesn't matter, because.... I don't actually use it.

Just have it equipped to get it's talents and in the absence of a G36, I'm using a SCAR-L right now.

Sadly my AB pieces are all only 214 and with the Cad being 182 I've plummeted down to GS 213. No one has kicked me yet.

My armour/health is a bit of a paper bag as well now on heroic Lex. Glass cannon as things stand (all my AB rolls are pretty meh as well). However it's soo much fun to have constant smoke/flashbang bombs!!! Fire one, blind enemies, unload clip into enemy head, ready to fire another.

A bit of a negative using two of the same weapons is ammo! Melting through it. Might need to couple 4 AB pieces with 2 Lonestar to get 100% more ammo.

Yeah, that's what I'm aiming for (upping Skill Power instead of Firearms). Right now I have a 229 M1A with Deadly/Brutal/Toxic (haven't been able to roll Accurate yet), a 229 G36 with Deadly, Destructive and Competent (14%) and a 229 PP19 with decent base damage and deadly as my main guns. Seems like the clear path to higher DPS/stats without sacrificing my build's other elements is either to find level 33 mods (unlikely) or to find a tactician's backpack with a naturally rolled skill power bonus (so that I can re-calibrate the main attribute from Electronics to Firearms) and a Sentry's Call mask with a naturally rolled stamina or skill power (so that I can recalibrate and ensure I get both of those). That should help a bunch. A bit tough when you're looking for something so specific, but still...happy enough as it is now. We'll see if it becomes a shell of its former self after the G36 fix. Sigh!

Thing about sheet dps is that it's very misleading.

My G36 with brutal, destructive and deadly has a 320k sheet dps.
My M1A with Accurate, deadly and capable has 150k sheet dps.

Yet, the m1a can out-dps the g36 when capable procs.

If you have 2850 firearms, roll off toxic for capable.

Capable > Brutal and is single handedly the best talent to have on an m1a.

A lot of people swear by deadly and it's great but for pve, destructive > deadly.

Get a G36 with brutal, destructive and responsive if you can. The damage boost is insane.

I finally got 4 alpha bridge pieces and man is it fun as hell. Still have my Caduceus drop from BK. It doesn't have the enemy armour damage on it as it's a pre-patch version but that doesn't matter, because.... I don't actually use it.

Just have it equipped to get it's talents and in the absence of a G36, I'm using a SCAR-L right now.

Sadly my AB pieces are all only 214 and with the Cad being 182 I've plummeted down to GS 213. No one has kicked me yet.

My armour/health is a bit of a paper bag as well now on heroic Lex. Glass cannon as things stand (all my AB rolls are pretty meh as well). However it's soo much fun to have constant smoke/flashbang bombs!!! Fire one, blind enemies, unload clip into enemy head, ready to fire another.

A bit of a negative using two of the same weapons is ammo! Melting through it. Might need to couple 4 AB pieces with 2 Lonestar to get 100% more ammo.

AB is great for solo play, not so much in a group. Although with 4 AB + 2 FM you can do well in a team as a crowd control damage dealer. Always keep 2 lone star in your inventory, use them to get double ammo and then switch out. No reason to run with lone star as part of your build.

Audioboxer

Is the G36 a completely random drop or does it have a higher chance anywhere?

Also good advice thanks. Didn't know the ammo boost would stay after swapping them out lol. Surely that will be patched? Or do you just mean keep them in inventory for when I need an ammo boost permanently? Such as in DZ.

Thing about sheet dps is that it's very misleading.

My G36 with brutal, destructive and deadly has a 320k sheet dps.
My M1A with Accurate, deadly and capable has 150k sheet dps.

Yet, the m1a can out-dps the g36 when capable procs.

If you have 2850 firearms, roll off toxic for capable.

Capable > Brutal and is single handedly the best talent to have on an m1a.

A lot of people swear by deadly and it's great but for pve, destructive > deadly.

Get a G36 with brutal, destructive and responsive if you can. The damage boost is insane.

AB is great for solo play, not so much in a group. Although with 4 AB + 2 FM you can do well in a team as a crowd control damage dealer. Always keep 2 lone star in your inventory, use them to get double ammo and then switch out. No reason to run with lone star as part of your build.
Oh totally, same on my M1A - much more powerful than my G36 despite the DPS showing as 80k or so less. I've tried to roll off toxic for something that my stats keep unlocked (accurate is what everyone else tells me for the M1A, but I'd be happy with capable or anything, really). It's just I'm at a point where it's starting to cost an insane amount to re-roll (unlucky thus far).

I'm not worried about my sheet DPS going down with the G36...it's more that it feels like the only non-sniper rifle I have that's able to keep me up there in the heroic tiers right now. A 15% decrease is going to be felt in those moments where you normally down a guy in a clip and now it takes a reload, etc. I'm sure I'll adjust, but tough to lowering the damage of players right now when most of the complaints headed Massive's way are how enemies aren't necessarily hard, they are just bullet sponges.

Is the G36 a completely random drop or does it have a higher chance anywhere?

Also good advice thanks. Didn't know the ammo boost would stay after swapping them out lol. Surely that will be patched? Or do you just mean keep them in inventory for when I need an ammo boost permanently? Such as in DZ.

Equip 2 lone star when restocking ammo. You get double the ammo, then switch out to your other gear. Every time you want to stock up, just put on 2 LS and grab the box. So, yeah, always keep 2 lone star in your inventory, ideally chest and backpack that have +50% ammo roll.

Same way you can get +2 medkits with 2 Alpha bridge and then swap out to something else.

Oh totally, same on my M1A - much more powerful than my G36 despite the DPS showing as 80k or so less. I've tried to roll off toxic for something that my stats keep unlocked (accurate is what everyone else tells me for the M1A, but I'd be happy with capable or anything, really). It's just I'm at a point where it's starting to cost an insane amount to re-roll (unlucky thus far).

I'm not worried about my sheet DPS going down with the G36...it's more that it feels like the only non-sniper rifle I have that's able to keep me up there in the heroic tiers right now. A 15% decrease is going to be felt in those moments where you normally down a guy in a clip and now it takes a reload, etc. I'm sure I'll adjust, but tough to lowering the damage of players right now when most of the complaints headed Massive's way are how enemies aren't necessarily hard, they are just bullet sponges.

Yep, the best roll for m1a is Accurate, Brutal and Capable.

G36 15% nerf is really bad for the game atm. The damage + health increase of lvl 35 mobs over lvl 34 is way too much. If they keep on nerfing weapons and talents without fixing the enemy scaling, it's just makes it artificially tougher for players (as if it's not tough already).

BurritoBear

Neo Member

Who needs a sniper..or primary when you have the x45 pistols :p, those little suckers do an insane amount of dmg

Equip 2 lone star when restocking ammo. You get double the ammo, then switch out to your other gear. Every time you want to stock up, just put on 2 LS and grab the box. So, yeah, always keep 2 lone star in your inventory, ideally chest and backpack that have +50% ammo roll.

Same way you can get +2 medkits with 2 Alpha bridge and then swap out to something else.
Every once in awhile the BoO also sells a purple gear mod with +10% ammo capacity. You can add those to your lone star pieces for an extra boost too.

I didn't have any fun with the G36 on PS4 unfortunately :(

Seems like I never will. I still don't feel like changing my AUG with Deadly, Brutal and Stable for anything else =p

I also got an L86 which is INSANELY stable, I love it. Too bad that it only has 58 rounds in a magazine, which is really low for an LMG.

Audioboxer

Cheers.

Haha and so the kicking begins. Funny thing is this is the fastest and best I've been at clearing Lexington since changing to this build. Crowd control makes it stupidly easy. Running with a booster shot as well.

However gamers seeing the GS of 213 and freaking out.

GazzaGSi

GS is the dumbest thing Massive have introduced to this game.

Can't agree enough, my 182 mp5 has been my go to weapon for weeks due to the talents on it but kept getting kicked as it pulled my GS down so I'd equip a crap higher GS weapon so my overall score would look better then just change midway through.

It's annoying, but my suggestion: wear your 268s and 240s when matchmaking. Once you're in and about to start the mission (read: not kicked) tell the group you're going to switch to a better group build and go back to normal, lower GS.

I'm lucky, I guess, in that my highest GS build is my best one.

Rather yet, be the group leader and kick out all 255's GS players.

I run hard incursions and heroic missions as leader and only take sub 200 GS players, then give them all or most of my loot.
wtzgU.gif

Audioboxer

GS is the dumbest thing Massive have introduced to this game.

Can't agree enough, my 182 mp5 has been my go to weapon for weeks due to the talents on it but kept getting kicked as it pulled my GS down so I'd equip a crap higher GS weapon so my overall score would look better then just change midway through.

It's annoying, but my suggestion: wear your 268s and 240s when matchmaking. Once you're in and about to start the mission (read: not kicked) tell the group you're going to switch to a better group build and go back to normal, lower GS.

I'm lucky, I guess, in that my highest GS build is my best one.

I understand why it has been added but it's got its downsides. I can't help that my Cad is 182. Although my AB armour is a tad low as well.

Still this is genuinely the fastest I've been clearing Lex. Crowd controlling like a pro.

Rather yet, be the group leader and kick out all 255's GS players.

I run hard incursions and heroic missions as leader and only take sub 200 GS players, then give them all or most of my loot.
wtzgU.gif

Duuuude where have you been in my life?! You gotta treat me to that one day lol.

Audioboxer

Ooo not a G36 but a HE classic Ak47 with accurate, stable and brutal. Should be good when I need to aim for the head to melt cool down timers. I'll try it out over the SCAR-L I have.

SCAR-L has fierce, ferocious and meticulous.

Damage says 12.5k vs 11.5k as well.

Every once in awhile the BoO also sells a purple gear mod with +10% ammo capacity. You can add those to your lone star pieces for an extra boost too.

Also some items already come with more ammo as a bonus, so if you have 2 LS gearset items + another item with more ammo you get even more, I'm getting 2005 SMG / 1785 LMG rounds lol

The 15% isn't as bad as everyone is making it out to be.

If my maths are correct and working on my firearms being 2600 at present and weapon scaling roughly around 1.8 (seen this number floating around) my 12k g36 will be about 10.9k after patch.

Audioboxer

lol I just found out why I keep getting put in the higher DZ bracket... one piece of armour I have which is 268.

Time to create an alt and send it to them.

Lima

I just cleared it with randos from matchmaking on our first try. Immunizer and maxed out Smart Cover make it a breeze. I didn't even go down once lol.

Yeah the only thing that is slightly hard is taking out the 4 bosses at the same time to avoid the additional enemies.

State of the game today was hilarious. Yannick and Hamish should just get their own tv show lol

Good to know that they are aware of most of the bugs and issues like ps4 heroic incursion disconnections, lvl 35 mob scaling, pvp ttk due to toughness, etc and have plans to grow and keep the game running for a long time, but action needs to be taken faster and simply talking about future fixes will not bring back the rapidly diminishing playerbase..

11.8 base DMG to 10.1, 290 DPS to 240 DPS, yikes, I'll live, but damn...

Scared to look at my alt Reclaimer build I was working on. The Reclaimer set is just absurd to be honest. It's like having four Gjallerhorns.

Top Bottom