• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

11.8 base DMG to 10.1, 290 DPS to 240 DPS, yikes, I'll live, but damn...

Scared to look at my alt Reclaimer build I was working on. The Reclaimer set is just absurd to be honest. It's like having four Gjallerhorns.
238k to 203k DPS here (but when I use a skill I go up 14%, meaning my DPS after a skill os what it used to be bedore using a skill). Still fine in a solid group of 4. Still awful when going up against enemies with a smaller group or are in a panic sumituation where the only option is to melt an enemy before they melt you.,.

I just talked to a friend who was playing yesterday and he said the lag was absurd and he was getting disconnected all the time... anyone else had these issues yesterday?

deafmedal

Looks like they nerfed the Blue Div tech from dropping in DZ05 & 06. Dammit, Massive! /s
Geez I hope so, such a massive dick move- make gold tech valuable then nerf the drops. Not my fault there was nothing to use gold dt on prior to 1.3 so I'd been maxed for some time. Now? Stamina/Firearm mods for days 😊

Kinda glad that I didn't really get to experience the awesome power of a good G36, the AUG nerf was hard enough. M1A seems fine though thank goodness!

Audioboxer

Seeing as it's mostly a PVE game I don't see why they keep scrambling desperately to nerf things. Should just buff everything a little.

Especially considering the ever expanding enemy health pools as you go up in content.

Lima

Seeing as it's mostly a PVE game I don't see why they keep scrambling desperately to nerf things. Should just buff everything a little.

Especially considering the ever expanding enemy health pools as you go up in content.

Because DZ is endgame and very much excite. L O L

238k to 203k DPS here (but when I use a skill I go up 14%, meaning my DPS after a skill os what it used to be bedore using a skill). Still fine in a solid group of 4. Still awful when going up against enemies with a smaller group or are in a panic sumituation where the only option is to melt an enemy before they melt you.,.

Mine went from 253k to 215k. Still shreds and still one of the better weapons in my arsenal.

Mine went from 253k to 215k. Still shreds and still one of the better weapons in my arsenal.
Yeah, played DZ all morning with it and still seems to be a viable gun compared to the others...still seems underpowered compared to a 1 on 1 NPC fight. Heh. Sounds like Massive are looking to change that, though!

Finally managed to get my EDR up to 85%, now I can go after the heavies in DZ06. Too bad my DPS is 144k for both my primary and my secondary though.

DZ seems really laggy for me today since they servers came back up, had a few delta errors too. Have literally been dropping dead from full health and in smart cover to downed instantly, frustrating to say the least.

GazzaGSi

Not had chance to try my G36 since the nerf but with the Stealth nerf of its optimal range, horizontal recoil and reticle bloom I think I'll be back to my smg. Huh, so much for the base dmg being a bug when they've completely fucked the rest of the gun up too.

Finally managed to get my EDR up to 85%, now I can go after the heavies in DZ06. Too bad my DPS is 144k for both my primary and my secondary though.

Hahahaha

hahahaha

NO.

You're already dead.

lvl 35 enemies already negate your max EDR and armor mitigation by HALF!

Try rerolling the main stat and see what happens.

Ouch.

Is balanced useless on an assault rifle?

Yup.

Ideally on a PVE AR you want Destructive, to double up on the base armor destruction; Brutal for headshot damage; and third one can vary according to your build. Good options are Responsive, Deadly and Self-preserved.

For mods: mag size, rate of fire, 2 stability, 1 accuracy, crit damage and headshot damage.

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivisio...36_seem_like_it_have_more_recoil_after_patch/

Stealth g36 nerfs lol

No nerfs only buffs lol

More clear patch notes lol

This is getting ridiculous now.

Then they wonder why the player base is dropping... ffs

TsuWave

got this beauty today:

tumblr_oa8deasRf71r6mcwfo1_540.png

i was thinking about recalibrating determined to fierce to give me that pvp edge, but seeing as i'm gonna switch to savage gloves soon, i think i'll just stop running smart cover and switch to pulse and leave the weapon as is, that way i still get near max crit hit chance and keep determined because its quite useful for pve

fr0st

Banned
got this beauty today:

tumblr_oa8deasRf71r6mcwfo1_540.png

i was thinking about recalibrating determined to fierce to give me that pvp edge, but seeing as i'm gonna switch to savage gloves soon, i think i'll just stop running smart cover and switch to pulse and leave the weapon as is, that way i still get near max crit hit chance and keep determined because its quite useful for pve

whats the bullet per damage on that?

I have a 229 Aug with responsive/brutal/fierce and 26% crit hit damage

havent tried a proper build for it since the firearms reuqirement is so high.

Game was nearly unplayable for me and my pals today. Delta errors and lag galore. They just gave up. I decided to stay on a bit more and it improved overtime, but it was still nowhere near decent.Wtf is going on with this game? They're just leaving it to die?

Game was nearly unplayable for me and my pals today. Delta errors and lag galore. They just gave up. I decided to stay on a bit more and it improved overtime, but it was still nowhere near decent.Wtf is going on with this game? They're just leaving it to die?

We had server issues in the Dz yesterday. Enemies standing still, skills not working, teammates teleporting, etc. UBI servers across all games/platforms are having maintenance today so it might be just that, but with this game, you never know. :p

Menitta

So, if I don't have Xbox gold, is this game worth it? I know that you won't be able to play with friends, but I just want to wander around this abandoned snowy NYC.

Finished Dragon's Nest Heroic tonight. Collective section was very frustrating, mostly due to having to fight through the games bullshit, like skills not working, instant downs, snapping back into cover when you're trying to leave cover to get away from nades, etc. We finally finished that section and of course the rest is a breeze.

Got jack shit for my troubles. Two shitty AR's, a Deadeye piece. I did get a Reclaimer 268 piece, so I guess it wasn't all too bad.

Still trying to get lucky with some high GS AlphaBridge gear. I have 3 pieces, but I think 214 is the highest GS on them.

deadduck

I like the world and the setting, but I've given up. Totally bored of using 3 clips and a medkit while 80% behind cover to kill 1 NPC.

Massive have successfully sucked all fun of the game.

^Sad to hear Gore, will you be back for the dlc?

The RNG in the game really needs an overhaul. I sold FM kneepads to the dz vendor, 5 minutes later the supply drop gave me FM kneepads with the exact same rolls as the one I had sold.
LLShC.gif

Anyone else using a reckless chest piece? Is it bugged again?

Under my survivability stats>all damage resistance instead of -10% as it should be, it's .0%.

Wonder if this is reflected in game and i'm getting the damage boost without getting the additional incoming or it's just UI related.

deadduck

^Sad to hear Gore, will you be back for the dlc?

I will be back for the new content. I think I'm salty for a few reasons:

- Massive have literally no idea how to handle the endgame levelling. Getting two shot with 640 toughness (with 2 FM) is just stupid, while I need a dumper truck of ammo to follow me around.

- Endless bugs. I've not seen so many since I worked in development!

- Skill balance: overdose, smart cover and pulse are still the best. Most others are completely wasted and aren't affected in any meaningful way by skill power.

I don't understand how Massive keep getting things so wrong.

I even loaded up Destiny, 5mins later I realised that hadnt changed, so closed that quick.

Rant over, I'll be back, I've paid for it!

EL CUCO

Anyone else using a reckless chest piece? Is it bugged again?

Under my survivability stats>all damage resistance instead of -10% as it should be, it's .0%.

Wonder if this is reflected in game and i'm getting the damage boost without getting the additional incoming or it's just UI related.
Its not bugged. Been tested.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
So, if I don't have Xbox gold, is this game worth it? I know that you won't be able to play with friends, but I just want to wander around this abandoned snowy NYC.

If you can catch it on sale, then yes. I believe it was on sale yesterday at Amazon. The single-player, "story" part is done VERY well. The look of New York is captured in high detail, the cinematics are cool, very good game. Most of the gripes you read are about everything related to the end game. I remember just walking around the world when looking for collectables seeing things I never saw before, or having encounters with bosses roaming around that were awesome. The game shifts completely to something else in the endgame.

ManCannon

Before the update I spent almost all my time in DZ 5-6 and have 240 versions of almost every full set in the stash. Now it's insta-kick any time I matchmake for the DZ because I generally run around a 240 GS as my optimal setup. Sure I can don a hodge podge of 264 items to artificially boost it but it'll be garbage.

Meanwhile I can run underground challenge mode all day and never get anything better than an occasional 240 green (99% of the time is blind or firecrest) and 204 weapons yet I reckon I'm still way undergeared to attempt heroics dungeons (which officially only requires a 230 gs, right) > <

I guess I'm expected to go do HVTs and incursions to try and bridge that gap but right now, aside from grinding all the way to underground 40 to be able to purchase items better than I currently have, it feels like I'm stuck in gear purgatory. The only high level items I've gotten have been from Underground caches while leveling up... makes me seriously want to stop and go level my alt to 30 just so I can grab a bunch of easy caches again.

ManCannon

I really do mostly love the game and have spent tons of time playing but honestly, IMO, if you couldn't play ANY online multiplayer at all, there's no way I'd recommend buying it.

I got kicked from 2 groups while trying to matchmake into Falcon Lost last night. I can get my GS up to 230, but it would give up my Tactician 4-piece boost, so I stick to 213. That's actually why I was trying to grind FL, so that I can start replacing the older stuff.

When I finally got into a group, it was pretty rough. One of the dudes was butter. He went down about 15 times, and he was always in the middle of nowhere - apart from the group. At the last wave, everyone died because we were trying to revive him.

It was horrible.

Server maintenance tomorrow July 14th - 09:00 AM CEST / 03:00 AM EDT / 00:00 AM PDT. Estimated downtime is approximately 3 hours.

Added kill volumes to the Dragon's Nest Incursion
Increased Player versus Player damage modifier for all weapons by 20%.

Edit - Shotgun + sentry is going to wreck in PvP even more now. Damn

darkwing

Server maintenance tomorrow July 14th - 09:00 AM CEST / 03:00 AM EDT / 00:00 AM PDT. Estimated downtime is approximately 3 hours.

Added kill volumes to the Dragon's Nest Incursion
Increased Player versus Player damage modifier for all weapons by 20%.

Edit - Shotgun + sentry is going to wreck in PvP even more now. Damn

it will be nerfed in PvP I think

Massive makes so many frustrating decisions. Honestly the only reason I keep playing is because I paid 100 bucks, I love the game, but just as soon as I feel like I'm getting somewhere with my build they nerf something.

Where are the xp events that were supposed to be a part of the season pass? Why can't I be as tanky as the npc's?

I like underground well enough, but I'm pretty much not going to get better than my current 260k DPS , 315K Toughness , 14k Elec, just doing underground, and I'm not stepping into the broken DZ solo.

Still though I really like this game and will still keep playing, but they make it so hard to keep doing so.

Top Bottom