• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

Menitta

If you can catch it on sale, then yes. I believe it was on sale yesterday at Amazon. The single-player, "story" part is done VERY well. The look of New York is captured in high detail, the cinematics are cool, very good game. Most of the gripes you read are about everything related to the end game. I remember just walking around the world when looking for collectables seeing things I never saw before, or having encounters with bosses roaming around that were awesome. The game shifts completely to something else in the endgame.

I got the Xbone bundle yesterday, so it was on sale, kinda. If I like it enough, I might get Xbox Live. There's also the 14 day trial, so I'll be able to give the MP a try. Thank you!

I got kicked from 2 groups while trying to matchmake into Falcon Lost last night. I can get my GS up to 230, but it would give up my Tactician 4-piece boost, so I stick to 213. That's actually why I was trying to grind FL, so that I can start replacing the older stuff.

When I finally got into a group, it was pretty rough. One of the dudes was butter. He went down about 15 times, and he was always in the middle of nowhere - apart from the group. At the last wave, everyone died because we were trying to revive him.

It was horrible.
I've had pretty good luck with random matchmaking on X1 (first on hard, then challenging and lately, heroic runs have been going well too). Usually, when we group up, first we ask if everyone has a mic, then ask if they've done it before on that difficulty, decide who the bomb runner is and re-adjust abilities/talents. A little prep goes a long way.

After searching for two weeks for a 268 mask/backpack with native skill power, found both this morning on a Supply Drop + the boss protecting it, adding about 12k in Skill Power without sacrificing too much of my Stamina/Firearms. The G36 has the talent on it where it raises the DPS 14% for 10 seconds after using a skill, so the sheet DPS is more like 230k + in most situations.

DOIOwBb.png

Hoping to upgrade some of my prototype mods (level 33s?!) and start to look for 269 GS items with more of the attributes I'm looking for (Crit Chance etc), but for right now, super happy with the build and the stats on it. The M1A with Deadly/Brutal/Toxic and first order of business is re-rolling toxic for Accurate.

Server maintenance tomorrow July 14th - 09:00 AM CEST / 03:00 AM EDT / 00:00 AM PDT. Estimated downtime is approximately 3 hours.

Added kill volumes to the Dragon's Nest Incursion
Increased Player versus Player damage modifier for all weapons by 20%.

Edit - Shotgun + sentry is going to wreck in PvP even more now. Damn

I'm assuming this is their attempt to counter balance the tanktician in pvp.

I've had pretty good luck with random matchmaking on X1 (first on hard, then challenging and lately, heroic runs have been going well too). Usually, when we group up, first we ask if everyone has a mic, then ask if they've done it before on that difficulty, decide who the bomb runner is and re-adjust abilities/talents. A little prep goes a long way.

I haven't had as much luck. The few times that I've run that Incursion, I felt like I was always changing my abilities throughout the mission to make up for everything that we were lacking. I've run into a bunch of stubborn players in Falcon Lost. Most of those end up with us dying shortly after the first bomb.

Sort of related, but I want to try running recharger smart cover + countermeasure mobile cover in that incursion.

So that's why my G36 is basically uncontrollable now.

Massive fucking sucks. I don't know if I have ever seen a game beta and launch so amazing and then turn into complete dog shit. Developers usually at least wait for the sequel to fuck things up.

Yup, the 30% accuracy nerf hit it harder than the 15% base damage nerf.

TsuWave

whats the bullet per damage on that?

I have a 229 Aug with responsive/brutal/fierce and 26% crit hit damage

havent tried a proper build for it since the firearms reuqirement is so high.

9.5K but that was yesterday's one.

this is today's one:

tumblr_oa9ta088nX1r6mcwfo1_540.png

Increased Player versus Player damage modifier for all weapons by 20%.

Edit - Shotgun + sentry is going to wreck in PvP even more now. Damn

That's really dumb. It won't do anything to tankticians running in a group, but simply make it harder for non tanks and weaker players who will just die that much faster. Again, a massive oversight of deploying changes without any practical testing :(

That's really dumb. It won't do anything to tankticians running in a group, but simply make it harder for non tanks and weaker players who will just die that much faster. Again, a massive oversight of deploying changes without any practical testing :(

So now everyone will be tankticians, apparently.

BurritoBear

Neo Member
This just means we can run around in our 4 man less afraid of random rogues with our builds :p

Dave1988

Massive really, really, really needs to deploy a public test server so that they can get feedback on their stupid ideas before subjecting the whole userbase to them.

Lima

So now everyone will be tankticians, apparently.

No now we will be back to that 1.1 meta where everyone dies in half a second with no time to react.

With the right talents and a lucky crit headshot you can already easily one pump people with the M870. It's going to be ridiculous when that happens more often

EL CUCO

No now we will be back to that 1.1 meta where everyone dies in half a second with no time to react.

With the right talents and a lucky crit headshot you can already easily one pump people with the M870. It's going to be ridiculous when that happens more often
1.1 DZ was the best time I ever had fighting other agents. Hope it can capture some of that magic again.

Question: Do I need to have all side missions and encounters to be able to have rotating Critical SnD's? I completed one I had on the map, but I dont see any other ones now.

GazzaGSi

1.1 DZ was the best time I ever had fighting other agents. Hope it can capture some of that magic again.

Question: Do I need to have all side missions and encounters to be able to have rotating Critical SnD's? I completed one I had on the map, but I dont see any other ones now.

I cleared the map a while ago and whenever I complete 1 critical SnD safe house another random safe house will have critical SnD so think your answer is yes you need to clear the map for more critical SnD's to appear. I did 4 criticals on the bounce earlier ready for the reset.

EL CUCO

1.1 in 2016 LUL
Broken Reckless and all was better than the garbo we have today.
I cleared the map a while ago and whenever I complete 1 critical SnD safe house another random safe house will have critical SnD so think your answer is yes you need to clear the map for more critical SnD's to appear. I did 4 criticals on the bounce earlier ready for the reset.
Thanks. Working on my alt, and I just realized I had another safe house I hadn't unlocked. Thay should do the trick then.

GazzaGSi

Thanks. Working on my alt, and I just realized I had another safe house I hadn't unlocked. Thay should do the trick then.

Definitely should do, think the encounters and side missions will need to be complete and you'll be good for crit SnD's rotating.

Had a good few hours in the DZ with loot, supply drops and fighting off some rogues as well as being rogue afew times.

Want to say a huge thankyou to burrito and ruthles for the sentry gloves and chest piece. 2 items that haven't dropped for me since my original 191's and they very kindly gave me their 268's from the DZ :))

Some of the attributes don't quite meet my build but it's improved it greatly. It's a shame only 1 attribute can be recalibrated as the gloves have pistol/smg dmg and were electronics when I needed stamina and use an assault rifle but I can look out for a decent Mp7 now having rolled them to stamina.

After recalibration, knocking some rolled armour off other items due to almost running 6000 armour without any mods I'm more than satisfied with my setup. 4 sentry, 2 FM, All weapon talents active: 220k dps/3k firearms, 500k toughness/75% armour mitigation and 31k skill. Obviously have the damage boost from 4 piece sentry now too compared to running 3 sentry, 2 FM and savage gloves.

Thanks again guys!

Definitely should do, think the encounters and side missions will need to be complete and you'll be good for crit SnD's rotating.

Had a good few hours in the DZ with loot, supply drops and fighting off some rogues as well as being rogue afew times.

Want to say a huge thankyou to burrito and ruthles for the sentry gloves and chest piece. 2 items that haven't dropped for me since my original 191's and they very kindly gave me their 268's from the DZ :))

Some of the attributes don't quite meet my build but it's improved it greatly. It's a shame only 1 attribute can be recalibrated as the gloves have pistol/smg dmg and were electronics when I needed stamina and use an assault rifle but I can look out for a decent Mp7 now having rolled them to stamina.

After recalibration, knocking some rolled armour off other items due to almost running 6000 armour without any mods I'm more than satisfied with my setup. 4 sentry, 2 FM, All weapon talents active: 220k dps/3k firearms, 500k toughness/75% armour mitigation and 31k skill. Obviously have the damage boost from 4 piece sentry now too compared to running 3 sentry, 2 FM and savage gloves.

Thanks again guys!

Nice!! Sooooo Jealous, cant seem to get 268 sentry's to drop. I'm starting to think I may have to sacrifice my Missus as an offering to RNGesus and see if that does the trick. :D

Thanks again guys!

No worries, whole point of running in a group is to share loot so everyone can gear up how they want. If only the supply drop, chest and weekly rewards could be traded...

Nice!! Sooooo Jealous, cant seem to get 268 sentry's to drop. I'm starting to think I may have to sacrifice my Missus as an offering to RNGesus and see if that does the trick. :D

Once PS4 gets the dlc and we have access to the reclaimer gear set, it will make farming heroic FL a breeze. That would be a good way to get sentry/striker/tactician drops.

GazzaGSi

lol its definitely frustrating. Even more so when I'd run CM FL and I'd get striker. I'm hoping now I have them I'll get it dropped more often as the game will think I don't want it anymore, the more shit you have the more of it you seem to get!

No worries, whole point of running in a group is to share loot so everyone can gear up how they want. If only the supply drop, chest and weekly rewards could be traded...

Once PS4 gets the dlc and we have access to the reclaimer gear set, it will make farming heroic FL a breeze. That would be a good way to get sentry/striker/tactician drops.

True. Think I'll grab acouple of hours sleep during the maintenance, was waiting for the SOTG but there isn't one this time. Itching to get back on to try the build out now and see if theres any tweaks here and there that can be done.

While we wait for maintenance to conclude, here is an one hour podcast of Skillup, Breezy, Marco, Arekkz and Likebutter talking about 1.3 and Underground:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXR7NM_tZ34

Those who don't have the time to watch, pretty much they're not happy with the state of the game atm and decisions taken by Massive. UG as the first paid dlc falls short of expectations.

tl;dr

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/4ssggn/division_youtubers_weigh_in_on_patch_13_our/

Who cares when bodies are about to start dropping like flies with sentry marks + shotties?

TsuWave

Hopefully this encourages people to put a little more distance between each other and use cover more often.

its nearly impossible to kill people from a distance in this game. from tankticians to heals+triage and the fact that you need to be up close to actually kill someone because for some reason massive thinks you should need to unload two clips into someone that's in a downed state to kill them, yet a melee hit is enough to send them to valhalla and yeah...

Had another run around DZ 5/6 and still no 268 sentry. I did get a couple more 268 strikers gear though so have switched to that until I can upgrade my sentry gear.

Great I thought until I discovered it's bugged and you lose the striker buff when you swap weapons.......fml! :D

EDIT - Just saw this from Natchai_Ubisoft on the Ubi forums in a thread asking about season pass events:

"Starting tomorrow, afaik
Keep an eye out for article drops this evening"

Brakara

its nearly impossible to kill people from a distance in this game. from tankticians to heals+triage and the fact that you need to be up close to actually kill someone because for some reason massive thinks you should need to unload two clips into someone that's in a downed state to kill them, yet a melee hit is enough to send them to valhalla and yeah...

Would it really be more fun if you could get one shotted from long distances?

EL CUCO

Watching StreamerHouse in the DZ. The PvP almost looks like PvP again. 👍 They're testing a 4pc DeadEYE build.

EL CUCO

With update 1.3, we implemented the first version of the Season Pass events.Twice a month, Season Pass owners will see an exclusive supply chest drop outside of the Dark Zone in the streets of New York. Its location will be indicated on the map, and the chest will be protected by a group of level 32 NPCs. By opening the chest players will receive 3 items of High-End or Gear Set quality adapted to their Gear Score. A new chest will automatically drop and replace the old one on the 1st and 15th of each month, so make sure to claim yours before the next drop!

Update 1.4 will bring more variety to these exclusive drops with random locations, as well as increased frequency.

Once again we want to thank you for your loyalty, commitment and patience; working on The Division and its passionate community is an incredible learning experience for all of us!
http://tomclancy-thedivision.ubi.co....aspx?c=tcm:154-259002-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
So I think the thing that honestly bothers me most about how this game's loot system works is that it almost requires that you have the gear Challenge and Heroic mode drop in order to do Challenge and Heroic modes.

The other ways to get at that loot are decidedly limited to things like weekly HVTs.

Watching StreamerHouse in the DZ. The PvP almost looks like PvP again. 👍 They're testing a 4pc DeadEYE build.

Can't wait to get back and test out my sentry + shottie

So I think the thing that honestly bothers me most about how this game's loot system works is that it almost requires that you have the gear Challenge and Heroic mode drop in order to do Challenge and Heroic modes.

The other ways to get at that loot are decidedly limited to things like weekly HVTs.

Nah DZ baby

Dark Zone 5-6 are guaranteed 229/268 drops (other than a random named weapon here and there). You can be up there with well under 255 GS and do okay in a good group of four. I spent two hours in there this morning and walked out with 6 268s (2 supply drops, 4 boss drops) and 20+ 229 weapons and gear.

I think the issue is that they expect everyone to farm the Dark Zone to get their gear, but the reality is that it's just not for everyone. Underground feels like they're trying to remedy that problem, and I hope that future DLC continues to expand the PvE area, rather than forcing players into areas where they're not comfortable.

TsuWave

Would it really be more fun if you could get one shotted from long distances?

yeah, i didn't say that...you certainly shouldn't need as many bullets as you currently do to kill someone when they are downed though. That would go a long way at making long range combat somewhat more viable.

Bluecondor

Dark Zone 5-6 are guaranteed 229/268 drops (other than a random named weapon here and there). You can be up there with well under 255 GS and do okay in a good group of four. I spent two hours in there this morning and walked out with 6 268s (2 supply drops, 4 boss drops) and 20+ 229 weapons and gear.

+1

If you want 268/229 gear, the fastest way to get it is supply drops in DZ 05/06 (and, supply drops in 03/04 also occasionally drop 268/229 items). The bosses in 05 and 06 also drop 229s (and occasionally 268s/teal caches).

The best way to be successful in supply drops and bosses in 05/06 is to group up with a team of 4 - with everyone using mikes. Like shawnoftheshred says, you can pick up some decent gear this way in just a few hours of farming. On Friday, I ran dz 05/06 with a solid squad of 4 for two hours and came away with three 268 Tactician pieces and several 229 weapons.

Top Bottom