• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Can't wait to get back and test out my sentry + shottie

Nah DZ baby

Dark Zone 5-6 are guaranteed 229/268 drops (other than a random named weapon here and there). You can be up there with well under 255 GS and do okay in a good group of four. I spent two hours in there this morning and walked out with 6 268s (2 supply drops, 4 boss drops) and 20+ 229 weapons and gear.

Maybe the new tiers help, but the last time I went in there with a group of four 210 people before the patch, we got continually one shotted by a group of six ultra geared people who would chase us around the map to every extraction zone we tried to go to.

fr0st

Banned
What's a good build for PvP using alpha bridge and smgs?

I have brutal responsive fierce on my 229 Aug

Then deadly self preserved(rolled from some garbage talent) and hurried

I think the only good one I could get is competent but that would require electronics.

EL CUCO

Maybe the new tiers help, but the last time I went in there with a group of four 210 people before the patch, we got continually one shotted by a group of six ultra geared people who would chase us around the map to every extraction zone we tried to go to.
Unfortunately, there are some bad apples in the DZ. Comes with the territory. You can try to reconnect to a new server by logging out/in or joining someone else's game, leaving, then letting your group rejoin on you.

TsuWave

What's a good build for PvP using alpha bridge and smgs?

I have brutal responsive fierce on my 229 Aug

Then deadly self preserved(rolled from some garbage talent) and hurried

I think the only good one I could get is competent but that would require electronics.

brutal, deadly, fierce, responsive, accurate (underrated talent), competent = beastly smg alpha bridge combo

Mullah88

if your skill power is high enough, you can capture 2 supply drops in dz05/06 by yourself. use the disrupt sticky bomb and the smoke seekers...for the second drop, since the npc is not clustered up together, its best to pop your survival link once you start the capturing process

Awesome thanks for the info.
With regards to the GS, if you're running majority 268's and 229 weapons is that what you can expect from the drop?

It's a shame these are tied to the season pass and not more frequent as just another pve activity, sounds pretty cool.

Is the first drop tomorrow being the 15th or will these start next month?
Word is tomorrow will be the first of these. I would expect that the drops function like the Underground caches (231+ GS drops 229/268) but I guess we won't know until tomorrow.

EL CUCO

Awesome thanks for the info.
With regards to the GS, if you're running majority 268's and 229 weapons is that what you can expect from the drop?

It's a shame these are tied to the season pass and not more frequent as just another pve activity, sounds pretty cool.

Is the first drop tomorrow being the 15th or will these start next month?
First drop has been confirmed for tomorrow by @mattshotcha on twitter. We'll see if working as intended tho lol

GazzaGSi

Word is tomorrow will be the first of these. I would expect that the drops function like the Underground caches (231+ GS drops 229/268) but I guess we won't know until tomorrow.

First drop has been confirmed for tomorrow by @mattshotcha on twitter. We'll see if working as intended tho lol

Thanks guys. Wonder if you join up in someone else's instance and you help them you'll get the drop too. Could go on a drop run around the map joining in each others game. Probably like the HVTs though and you won't if you've already claimed yours.

Edit, just read again - increased frequency with 1.4 update. Sweeeet.

Thank you guys for keeping this thread alive. We're basically the only ones posting here... lol

Can't wait for my special delivery (drop) tomorrow :D

I don't know why folks continually go into Heroic Operations with active Directives, especially Mad Skills and Sickness. I play Heroic with no Directives active and upon completion of each one come away with no less than six pieces of 229/268 gear/weapons. The extra XP surely isn't the reason is it because the risk/reward there is putrid at best.

Taking out level 35 enemies in mostly cramped locations can be difficult enough without the added torture of active Directives.

I don't know why folks continually go into Heroic Operations with active Directives, especially Mad Skills and Sickness. I play Heroic with no Directives active and upon completion of each one come away with no less than six pieces of 229/268 gear/weapons. The extra XP surely isn't the reason is it because the risk/reward there is putrid at best.

Taking out level 35 enemies in mostly cramped locations can be difficult enough without the added torture of active Directives.
The few times I've done it, I've had all directives except the one that limits your skill usage and it didn't seem any harder?

The few times I've done it, I've had all directives except the one that limits your skill usage and it didn't seem any harder?

Mad Skills (use one skill and both go on cool down, if a player uses a signature skill the entire team's signature goes on cool down), Sickness (constantly draining health), and Special Forces (special ammo types) drastically up the difficulty. The other two not so much.

11 bosses across 4 weekly HVT's today.

Every drop was lone star.

Pay2Win.

Not bad just hope the loot isn't weighted towards a particular gear set.

yo dawg we heard you you wanted moar loan star so here is some moar loan star

Maybe these season pass events will finally give me some 268 sentry pieces. I won't hold my breath though :D

Best way is to run FL heroic with a pre-made group so you can trade boss drops.

Outside of that it's just RNG.

Leveled from 18 to 22 in UG today and ran a bunch of two phase multi-directive missions just to get the equipment piece reward bonus. Came away with two 268 B.L.I.N.D. vests, two 268 B.L.I..N.D. gloves, and literally every gear drop was some garbage Firecrest. Weighted gear fucking blows. My GS is 246 but its so weak, five 268 BLIND pieces makes it look pretty decent. At least I dont get insta-booted from missions now.

As a player of this game and season pass holder, I have less than zero faith that these drops that start tomorrow are anything other than more weighted bullshit and will probably break 13 things in the game when it launches.

Nowise10

Haven't played the game since March and decided to try the Darkzone again. Was basically just me getting murdered instantly by rouge agents while my bullets do nothing ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

xclaw

PS4 here but I fired up the system after a vacation of 2 weeks and didn't go straight to this.

Everything I'm reading of the patch is exactly as I expected but like seriously, are they just trying to kill the game? I adore the underlying mechanics and theme but Massive is just doing the unthinkable to make people drop this.

I want to keep playing, actually enjoy the lonestar/LMG build but really... what's the point?

Mad Skills (use one skill and both go on cool down, if a player uses a signature skill the entire team's signature goes on cool down), Sickness (constantly draining health), and Special Forces (special ammo types) drastically up the difficulty. The other two not so much.
With everyone running triage/overheal and 1-2 people running immune station, it seemed like we were rarely not overhealed/never hit with special bullets...I assumed sickness would be the hardest one bug in reality it never seemed to be an issue.

Lima

After looking at some stats it hit me why 5 piece sentry is so op right now. The 5 piece bonus that gives 20% headshot damage is multiplicative again and not additive like it is was when they changed how brutal works. No way this is right.

Improved my build tonight.

Got my toughness up to 225k while still having 47k skill power. 5 sentry and dat reckless for massive damage. Woozah.

Post-patch pvp video

https://youtu.be/RDFRa0VMLFQ?t=424

Nothing has changed. What a fucking joke.

After looking at some stats it hit me why 5 piece sentry is so op right now. The 5 piece bonus that gives 20% headshot damage is multiplicative again and not additive like it is was when they changed how brutal works. No way this is right.

That's been known for a while now. They fixed headshot damage and brutal to additive but left sentry to multiplicative.

EL CUCO

DrBo42

Where is this supply drop people are talking about? Not seeing it on the map. Have the season pass installed.

Edit: Okay so you have to run out in the streets for it to spawn.

Nice! You know if these are per character?

It is per character as I did it for both of mine. Got a 268 Sentry's knee pads and a 268 Predator's Mark holster as the highlights. The holster is ridiculously rolled with 1058 armor, +744 Firearms, + 750 Stamina, +740 Electronics, and +9% Pulse CHD.

I got two 229 Chest pieces but neither one had Reckless which I'm hoping to get. I've probably came across 10 or so 229 chests the last day or so with zero luck. Also got a 229 Backpack and a 229 LMG.

Both Supply Drops were in the same location.

GazzaGSi

Tempted to run an alt up to 30 to grab an extra drop.
Got an brilliantly rolled 229 Aug, striker backpack 268 and final measure holster 268. The holster slotted straight into my build boosting me up abit more. Shame it's not a supply drop in each district! That one drop has improved my build more than anything else in the last few weeks (except for the shared items from team mates, it's nice to actually get a good drop for a change!)

Got 268 hunter faith holster
229 1st wave m1a
229 1st wave px-45 pistol

Pistol was only thing worse than I had stat wise. Doubt I will use the HF holster either.

Damn, just had a Reclaimer mask drop from a Phase 1 Heroic Operation boss with 567 Armor, +757 Firearms, +5670 Skill Power, and +9.5% Smart Cover duration.

Reclaimer build coming along nicely.

I'm currently running a skill build with 4 TA pieces, but I'm not sure which other set I should use. Should I go with Final Measure or Striker's Battlegear?

I'm also conflicted because I really like my chest piece. It has a talent that boosts my armor mitigation to 75% when behind cover.

edukate

I'm currently running a skill build with 4 TA pieces, but I'm not sure which other set I should use. Should I go with Final Measure or Striker's Battlegear?

I'm also conflicted because I really like my chest piece. It has a talent that boosts my armor mitigation to 75% when behind cover.

Two-piece final measure is like a must-have in dz for that exotic dmg resistance.

TsuWave

my season pass supply drop gave me a firecrest holster and i'm on ps4 lol

gonna change to my alt and go grab it again, hopefully it gives me like a firecrest chest so i can start using it before its even "available" on ps4

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Where can I learn more about the different builds that I should be implementing? Right now, I'm just a bit of a hodgepodge of different gear to inflate my GS. :(

Where can I learn more about the different builds that I should be implementing? Right now, I'm just a bit of a hodgepodge of different gear to inflate my GS. :(

If you are forced into using a "hodge-podge" gear setup then pay attention to your DPS, Toughness, and Skill Power instead of Gear Score until you acquire enough gear set pieces to take advantage of set bonuses.

Most folks will say two pieces of Final Measure is the place to start and then go with Sentry's, Tactician, or Reclaimer. That said you should experiment and mix & match. I like the three set bonus +100 reload speed for Firecrest and can find useful setups elsewhere as well. I look at the stats on gear and start from there as a lot of the set bonuses aren't that great to begin with. Then you need to consider High-end pieces as well like Reckless + Vigorous chests and Savage gloves to name a few.

I've played with folks with smart cover before, but last night was in a DZ group where one dude had a particularly high skill power build with smart cover + ammo station. It felt like we were clearing out DZ 05-06 in 1/4 the time it would usually take and never really in any danger at all. Honestly, those level 35s felt like level 32s. Made me realize just how strong that set up (4 tactician, 2 final measure, heavy investment in skill power) can really be.

my season pass supply drop gave me a firecrest holster and i'm on ps4 lol

gonna change to my alt and go grab it again, hopefully it gives me like a firecrest chest so i can start using it before its even "available" on ps4

Yeah it's dropping the new sets on PS4 starting today. And it's not a bug. :)

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
If you are forced into using a "hodge-podge" gear setup then pay attention to your DPS, Toughness, and Skill Power instead of Gear Score until you acquire enough gear set pieces to take advantage of set bonuses.

Most folks will say two pieces of Final Measure is the place to start and then go with Sentry's, Tactician, or Reclaimer. That said you should experiment and mix & match. I like the three set bonus +100 reload speed for Firecrest and can find useful setups elsewhere as well. I look at the stats on gear and start from there as a lot of the set bonuses aren't that great to begin with. Then you need to consider High-end pieces as well like Reckless + Vigorous chests and Savage gloves to name a few.

Yeah, I've been focusing on DPS and Stamina. I've noticed the higher my GS, the higher rolls I get on my drops. Also, I want to know what I should keep and what I should toss as I'm running out of room :/.

Everything is trash so yesh pretty bad. You can argue for the better than nothing angle.
I meant more in the sense that pretty good randomization going on based on what everyone's been posting, not what I picked up in particular. That said, I like collecting full sets of all the gear sets in case of nerfs/buffs. Those three items for 30 seconds of work is either helping me do that, or super quick credits to go towards re-calibration.

Top Bottom