• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

Aw, nice one Lima. Didn't even try CM Incursion pre-patch because Destiny update was up.

No hurry to complete CM Incursion, will wait till the community comes up with a better strategy for it. Wasting hours on lvl 34 elites with shock drones and shotgun rushers, snipers that hit you behind cover, one-shotting grenadiers and tons of glitches that can wipe you anytime, all for a 240 GS item that may not even be useful for your build, and can't be traded, is not my idea of fun.

I'm 200 GS already, what does GS even do for you? Does not feel like I'm doing more damage or taking less. It's just a number.

Aw, nice one Lima. Didn't even try CM Incursion pre-patch because Destiny update was up.

No hurry to complete CM Incursion, will wait till the community comes up with a better strategy for it. Wasting hours on lvl 34 elites with shock drones and shotgun rushers, snipers that hit you behind cover, one-shotting grenadiers and tons of glitches that can wipe you anytime, all for a 240 GS item that may not even be useful for your build, and can't be traded, is not my idea of fun.

I'm 200 GS already, what does GS even do for you? Does not feel like I'm doing more damage or taking less. It's just a number.

It's just a number. The higher GS means nothing really.

yeah but Destiny never gave me that feeling due to the other game mode in PVP.
Division cant live on DZ, like Destiny did with PVP. DZ just aint that much fun, run around killing same named boss and also having other players ruining the run by farming it a head of your own group.

Air drops are just shit the way they are set up now. It´s time for a big change to the DZ to make it fun and fresh again.

Destiny didn't do that to me because grinding in a sci-fi FPS with RPG/MMORPG elements was a new thing... at least for me. After the honeymoon phase ended, which was 500 hours later, I cannot look at that game ever again.

This game is using the same exact formula the only real differences being its a TPS, the setting, minor tweaks in loot mechanics, and PvP. I'm sure once the wow factor wears off I will be bored of this game as well.

deadduck

The m1a is decent but definitely put everything you can into getting that aug haha.

I've got one with stable&toxic... But I can't put down the M44 with 40% crit, so it might not get much use!

How do you guys speed run to these high levels in DZ. Takes so long to get to lvl 31...cant imagine 40+ more levels...

Group up in the DZ. My main alt went from 1-18 in about 30 mins the other day!

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
How do you guys speed run to these high levels in DZ. Takes so long to get to lvl 31...cant imagine 40+ more levels...
You would be surprise how fast one can level up if your running through the Dark Zone with a full crew of 4 players.

its a big issue, why are there so few weapons on 204 or 214?

everyone will run around with AUG M1A. there is no diversity unless I am off and all weapons can drop 204/214?

Regardless of if they do or don't, people will still only run around with Aug and M1A, with the (barely) variant version being MP5 and M44.

The reason is that those just simply outclass the others. It's not preference; it's damn near objective fact. Spike damage wins the DZ. Critting over half of your 1000 RPM bullets is the be-all end-all of spike damage. Until they nerf SMGs or buff other weapons, this will remain true.

For example, I got a drop that was just a perfect god roll 870, like Deadly/Vicious and the one that does more damage when within 10 meters. 78k DMG on the thing, not DPS.
I should be ecstatic! Floored! Kneeling at the RNGod's altar!
Go to DZ. Shoot NPC. "Eh, maybe I need to try again with a headshot." Next NPC, headshot. "One is None is cool, at least." Gun un-equipped.
I kill NPCs in half the time with my MP5 and can one-shot most 31s with my M44, now that my headshot damage is stacked to nearly 90%.

Regardless of if they do or don't, people will still only run around with Aug and M1A, with the (barely) variant version being MP5 and M44.

The reason is that those just simply outclass the others. It's not preference; it's damn near objective fact. Spike damage wins the DZ. Critting over half of your 1000 RPM bullets is the be-all end-all of spike damage. Until they nerf SMGs or buff other weapons, this will remain true.

For example, I got a drop that was just a perfect god roll 870, like Deadly/Vicious and the one that does more damage when within 10 meters. 78k DMG on the thing, not DPS.
I should be ecstatic! Floored! Kneeling at the RNGod's altar!
Go to DZ. Shoot NPC. "Eh, maybe I need to try again with a headshot." Next NPC, headshot. "One is None is cool, at least." Gun un-equipped.
I kill NPCs in half the time with my MP5 and can one-shot most 31s with my M44, now that my headshot damage is stacked to nearly 90%.

DONT nerf SMG BUFF other weapon types.

Josh378

put on gear with xp bonuses

Yea, maybe i should get a 2nd set of gear for xp. Currently, i have on magic find gear on and it works amazing. Every boss. Every mob in DZ drops golds and purples.

Someone be my friend and let me join their 4 man group in DZ. Soloing is sometimes fun but can be a bit boring.

I try to kill almost every agent I see when I'm in the dz. Going rogue and surviving makes leveling insanely fast. I powered from 40 to 89 just by primarily practicing mass murder loll.

darkwing

Yea, maybe i should get a 2nd set of gear for xp. Currently, i have on magic find gear on and it works amazing. Every boss. Every mob in DZ drops golds and purples.

Someone be my friend and let me join their 4 man group in DZ. Soloing is sometimes fun but can be a bit boring.

XD on patch 1.1 every named boss drops gold

deadduck

I try to kill almost every agent I see when I'm in the dz. Going rogue and surviving makes leveling insanely fast. I powered from 40 to 89 just by primarily practicing mass murder loll.

Although I don't agree with Wesley's scumbag methods, he is totally correct.

AI have fixed XP for kills modified by your 'increase xp' gear. Surviving rogue is a % of level XP. However it goes both ways... When you get to high levels you can lose alot of progress (Grumble, grumble supergroups exploiting the DZ).

Sarcasm

Why does it FPS lag right before death even if its just bullets? Its more then two seconds. Which is enough to try to survive.

MikeyMike

Will quit playing this game tonight... might go back to Destiny after an 6-7 months absence.

Should I go into a shopping spree first? DZ lvl60 with 700 PXC and 500k+ DZ Credits. Never bought anything from DZ vendors so what should I go for...

I was thinking about buying the 2 striker set items from Operations.

FLAguy954

Can someone enlighten me on what makes the changes bad? I only play an hour or two a day so maybe I just haven't reached the point of where it breaks down, but as of right now I'm happy for increased drops and the multi tier changes in Dark Zone level requirements, as well as using Dark Zone credits instead of PC. That in combination with increased HE drops actually makes it feel like you're actually doing something in the Dark Zone now.

As for crafting, I think it's stupid they made lower rarity items pretty much pointless to even pick up, but I hated the constant need to craft anything to get remotely useful gear. It seems to me it's easier to get the same level of items that were previously highest tier. Also, re-calibrating an item may be extremely limited in comparison to crafting the same item over and over, but it at least lets you modify it a little bit plus the fact that it uses cash now instead of PC is a good change.

The fact is, now that infinitely more yellows are dropping, you're getting way more HE crafting materials anyway so i think it balances out. And even if it doesn't, it honestly should be harder to craft weapons, otherwise it's way too easy to choose the best weapon/gear and immediately roll close to ideal stats. Really, what's the fun in that?

Okay, read these and tell me with a straight face that there is nothing wrong with the patch (or the hotfix):

Reddit User said:
Massive showed us a graph of how too much items were coming from crafting. They said the good stuff should come from DZ / Drops.
So in 1.1…

they gave us Blueprints of 2 of the best weapons in the game. AUG and Firstwave M1A.

Make these blue prints iLvl 32s, highest in the game.
Make iLvl 32 enemies drop (mostly) iLvl 30 loot.
Have supply drop crates give out purples most of the time.

I seriously can not comprehend the logic behind these game design changes.

It's like you guys are torpedoing your own game on purpose!

If you don't want us to get geared from crafting:

Stop giving us blue prints the highest level stuff (high ends)

Making loot/drops worth it or at least on the same level as crafting!

It's not rocket science!

Reddit User said:
------current--------
2 green mats for scrapping a green item
5 green mats to make a blue mat
5 blue mats to make a HE mat
8 HE mats to make an HE item
5x5x8=200 green mats needed to make one HE item. Divide by mats given from scrapping 1 green item; 200/2= 100 green items needed to make one HE item.
---------new----------
1 green mat for scrapping 1 green item
10 greens to make a blue
15 blues to make a HE
10 HE mats to make an HE item
10x15x10=1,500 green mats needed to make one HE item. Divide by mats given from scrapping 1 green item; 1,500/1= 1,500 green items needed to make one HE item.
That's a 15x increase in mats required for crafting end game items!!
Edit: formatting
Edit 2: as many have mentioned, we aren't farming for green items. For most it will be purples and few blues we pick up. I chose to use green items as the basis for my calculations as green is the entry level crafting mat. So I chose to start at the bottom to work the maths upward to HE to show show what a massive OVERALL change this new nerf will be.
Edit 3: u/_Nordic made this for all those saying this isn't a good logic based on end game players only picking up purple items:
Purples
-------current--------
2 blue mats for scrapping a purple item
5 blue mats to make a HE mat
5x8=40 purple mats needed to make one HE item. Divide by mats given from scrapping 1 purple item; 40/2= 20 purple items needed to make one HE item.
---------new----------
2 blue mats for scrapping a purple item
15 blues to make a HE
10x15x=150 blue mats needed to make one HE item. Divide by mats given from scrapping 1 purple item; 150/2= 75 purple items needed to make one HE item.
So that's and increase of 3.75x the amount of purples needed to craft one HE item.
High Ends (GOLD)
-------current--------
2 HE mat for scrapping a HE item
8=8 HE mats needed to make one HE item. Divide by mats given from scrapping 1 HE item; 8/2= 4 HE items needed to make one HE item. So a little over 1 full DZ crate full.
---------new----------
1 HE mat for scrapping a HE item
10=10 HE mats needed to make one HE item. Divide by mats given from scrapping 1 HE item; 10/1= 10 HE items needed to make one HE item. That is more than 2x the number of High End items broken down to make a single new High end item.
EDIT 4: fixed the math on the purples tables from edit 3. thanks to all those who pointed it out.

TLDR Massive fucked up big time.

Massive fuck up with those changes. They essentially broke the game's crafting/loot economy to ensure that the players have to grind at least ten times longer.

Don't forget that set crafting requires 30 HE mats, and not even an even split.

22 HE Fabric + 8 HE Electronics.

So, they basically changed the end game to 'farm fabric'.

Don't forget that set crafting requires 30 HE mats, and not even an even split.

22 HE Fabric + 8 HE Electronics.

So, they basically changed the end game to 'farm fabric'.
Yep. And crafted set holsters seem to only roll with two of the three main bonuses. It's infuriating.

Tawpgun

Massive fuck up with those changes. They essentially broke the game's crafting/loot economy to ensure that the players have to grind at least ten times longer.

Only because the drop rate bait and switch.

We all thought we'd be min/maxing high ends/gear sets.

Instead we got garbage 163 drops we're only extracting for mats. That itself is an easy enough fix.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Only because the drop rate bait and switch.

We all thought we'd be min/maxing high ends/gear sets.

Instead we got garbage 163 drops we're only extracting for mats. That itself is an easy enough fix.

Don't forget that HE's can't roll 240 as well, so you are stuck with set items if you're interested in maxing gear score.

Don't forget that HE's can't roll 240 as well, so you are stuck with set items if you're interested in maxing gear score.

thank god you can reroll the new gear sets.

Massive needs to add 214 to all existing gear and weapons.
add more weapons and gear.
Buff all other weapons so they are viable to use like the SMGs are today.
supply drops not being able to open unless you killed the boss and all the NPCs that spawn.
add a rotation for the NPC in darkzone. dont have them show up in the same damn spot all the time.
add more Named enemies to the darkzone.
make a raid asap for 8 players.
let us have more ways than crafting to acuire best gear

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Yeah, want to get my hands on both of those, though I can probably only get one.

But what are the best purchases with PC? BoO stuff?
IIRC the ONLY way to spend Phoenix Credits now IS in the Base if Operations so buy whatever you want there.

Will quit playing this game tonight... might go back to Destiny after an 6-7 months absence.

Should I go into a shopping spree first? DZ lvl60 with 700 PXC and 500k+ DZ Credits. Never bought anything from DZ vendors so what should I go for...

I was thinking about buying the 2 striker set items from Operations.

I would strongly suggest keeping hold of your stuff and waiting a month for the next content drop

If they release new stuff you would get back into you would kick yourself for wasting your currency on gear which will be outdated by the time you return

Top Bottom