• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

Arrrammis

Does anyone on PC want to group up for some underground stuff or HVT's? I'm coming back to the game from a month break because I heard that there is finally stuff to do in the PvE endgame.
Uplay name is Arrrammos

mhayze

Hello all, I finally picked up some steam (no pun intended) on my Division gaming / levelling with the release of the underground DLC. I finally hit gear score 214 and have a couple of 240 gear set items from playing the Underground.

I'm at level 12 or 13 on the underground, and so far that seems like the best way to get stuff, running with a pick up group doing 1 phase hard missions. It still takes a few runs (3+ now) to get to the next level, and I assume that's just a treadmill, i.e. it will take more and more grinding to get the next package.

Is this still my best/only option to gear up? I did try a daily HVT today, but it uses up quite a few intel items and I got a 214 gear set drop (not bad, but it wasn't as good as what I had on). What are my options, particularly for getting better weapons?

darkwing

Hello all, I finally picked up some steam (no pun intended) on my Division gaming / levelling with the release of the underground DLC. I finally hit gear score 214 and have a couple of 240 gear set items from playing the Underground.

I'm at level 12 or 13 on the underground, and so far that seems like the best way to get stuff, running with a pick up group doing 1 phase hard missions. It still takes a few runs (3+ now) to get to the next level, and I assume that's just a treadmill, i.e. it will take more and more grinding to get the next package.

Is this still my best/only option to gear up? I did try a daily HVT today, but it uses up quite a few intel items and I got a 214 gear set drop (not bad, but it wasn't as good as what I had on). What are my options, particularly for getting better weapons?

weekly HVT, incursions, of course the end game, the DZ

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Personally I'd bin the striker completely, pretty useless since its nerf.
Get 2 final measure if you venture into the dz as 2 piece gives 50% exotic damage resilience so helps against the flames but more importantly Stickybomb rogues.
2 or 4 tactician is good if you want a skill build and play in a group keeping team mates alive and most of the time having your skills up.
For a dps build you're looking at sentry 4 or 5 piece with savage gloves if you're not near the crit chance cap.

For pvp/dz I use 4 sentry & 2 final measure. Gear isn't quite min maxed there is room for improvement but my stats are 217dps, 490k toughness and 31k skill.
For pve I use 5 piece sentry with savage gloves. 233k dps, 440k toughness and 27k skill.

Weapons have changed abit, smg's now come with crit damage rather than crit chance (good if you're at the crit chance cap), shotguns now have a stagger percentage, assault rifles have enemy armour damage and lmgs have additional damage to enemies out of cover.

G36 assault rifle is my primary.
M1A was my secondary but since stagger was added to shotguns I've been using a tactical SASG-12. I tend to flick between the 2 depending what the rest of the group is running.

Talents on weapons can also be rolled now at the recalibration station, only 1 per gun though and only a maximum of 6 times.

Heroic difficulty has been added for the base missions and 240 gear set items can drop from these but mainly 204 weapons. Heroic is also available for the incursions. They're a good base to gear up if you have to match make a group as they're not overly difficult (missions not incursions) compared to challenge mode if you're comfortable running that.

Thank you sir!!! Yea I noticed how different all the guns felt as soon I logged on.

Sounds like good changes overall, it's made the other weapons more viable I guess.

Yeah that's pretty low.

If your intention is to grind the DZ you need at the very least 2 tactician items for that 50% exotic damage resilience. The set you use may vary according to your style of play. You're more of a support dude or tank (high stamina/health)? Or more of a DPS dude?

Ive been tactical since my dos was shit in incursion and dmz. I've been trying to bring up my toughness and skills until I can get my dos higher.

Oh I put 2 tactician for EDR but it's actually Final Measure. Duh. Sorry!

So if your plan is better toughness + skill power, use 2 FM items + 4 TA, it's awesome. :)

"The required Xbox Live services are not available at this time." Lol.

Now I'm getting a "Something went wrong" message. Game won't even start. Double lol.

Just hope they fix Underground loot before the dlc comes to PS4.

My Division experience of late boils down to running Heroic Operations and that alone and have found the loot to be fine. It's obviously more weighted towards BLIND/Firecrest but I've been getting more and more other gear set drops as well. The weapon drops seem fine too as far as variety goes in my experience.

They really haven't changed other game modes that are weighted towards particular gear sets so I'm not sure why you would expect that to change specifically for the Underground.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
What should your general specs be to run Heroic? I just got through a few Challenge Mode missions, so now I'm wondering how much more I need to gear up to run a Heroic. Currently I'm at GS 212, DPS 113K, Stamina 181k and Tech 19k.

kmg90

I can't help to think that all the really bizarre decisions and fuck ups are intentional to get people to stop playing the game so they don't need to run as many servers for the game since it has no hooks for continued revenue outside the initial purchase and season pass and the terrible outfit packs.

I'm done with this game took all the fun out of it. Especially for players that play solo or randoms via matchmaking.

At this point I'm not going to play when the arbitrary DLC switch gets flipped on PS4 in a few weeks as I tried Underground on PC and found it to be garbage...

Massive is the perfect name for the developers, it describes there scope of incompetence to make changes to a game without sucking fun out of core gameplay.

When you thought massive couldn't break dz pvp anymore...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aIxfb9JVhs

My Division experience of late boils down to running Heroic Operations and that alone and have found the loot to be fine. It's obviously more weighted towards BLIND/Firecrest but I've been getting more and more other gear set drops as well. The weapon drops seem fine too as far as variety goes in my experience.

They really haven't changed other game modes that are weighted towards particular gear sets so I'm not sure why you would expect that to change specifically for the Underground.

Because the real loot from UG is the caches and even they are heavily weighted towards 6 items, like the drops in UG - x45, g36, pp19, svd, firecrest and blind. Getting anything else is like winning the lottery.

UG is supposed to be the alternative farm for DZ so it's not supposed to be weighted towards particular sets, massive have already acknowledged this.

Lima

Chappie da best Diviaion streamer. Check him out. 6 mil crits all day. Check it to see why anything over 150k toughness is not worth it in PvE.

Low toughness for life.

When you thought massive couldn't break dz pvp anymore...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aIxfb9JVhs

Because the real loot from UG is the caches and even they are heavily weighted towards 6 items, like the drops in UG - x45, g36, pp19, svd, firecrest and blind. Getting anything else is like winning the lottery.

UG is supposed to be the alternative farm for DZ so it's not supposed to be weighted towards particular sets, massive have already acknowledged this.

The Rank-up Caches only go to Rank 40, therefore the real loot comes from Boss/Chest drops and Operation completions for the long-term.

At the end of the day the loot allure is what drives theses types of games, if it was easy for everyone to acquire perfect gear and create perfect builds easily I bet it would have a much more negative effect on the game and it's population than anyone believes. Players would lose the desire to keep playing if builds were easily to perfect and PvPvE in the DZ certainly wouldn't be enough to keep players interested.

I've played a ton of the Underground and it's fine regarding loot variety.

TsuWave

got a decent pair of sentry gloves, i can recalibrate it to get around 50 more firearms stat or i could recalibrate it to have smg damage instead of marksman rifle

i'm basically tryna up the dps on my primary, its an smg an mp7, and i don't know which one of these would up it by most, i tried to find how well the mp7 scales with firearms but couldn't find a guide so i'm thinking smg damage on the gloves would probably be the best option because 50 points in my firearms stat doesn't sound like it would do much

any ideas/suggestions?

got a decent pair of sentry gloves, i can recalibrate it to get around 50 more firearms stat or i could recalibrate it to have smg damage instead of marksman rifle

i'm basically tryna up the dps on my primary, its an smg an mp7, and i don't know which one of these would up it by most, i tried to find how well the mp7 scales with firearms but couldn't find a guide so i'm thinking smg damage on the gloves would probably be the best option because 50 points in my firearms stat doesn't sound like it would do much

any ideas/suggestions?

Any spare gloves you could test (re-roll) it out on? I would imagine +SMG DMG is the better option unless you need +Firearms to unlock a talent. Plus, trying to get that extra 50 Firearms could prove costly in the re-rolling department.

TsuWave

Any spare gloves you could test (re-roll) it out on? I would imagine +SMG DMG is the better option unless you need +Firearms to unlock a talent. Plus, trying to get that extra 50 Firearms could prove costly in the re-rolling department.

didn't have any spare gloves, decided to go with smg damage, recalibrated a bunch of times and this stupid game wouldn't give it to me. recalibration cost currently at 855958 credits, so it will be a while till i get it

any ideas/suggestions?

Weapon damage for sure. Firearms scaling beyond a point is not worth it.

+50 firearms will barely give you a dps boost, but can be useful if you need higher stats to activate talents.

The Rank-up Caches only go to Rank 40, therefore the real loot comes from Boss/Chest drops and Operation completions for the long-term.

I know, the point is that these packages were supposed to be random but they too are heavily weighed towards 5 or 6 drops. It's bad enough that UG rewards are already heavily weighted but having the packages be the same is a massive oversight.

UG was supposed to be the pve alternative to the DZ, so just like DZ UG should have random loot instead of weighted loot. There is already way too much RNG involved in loot drops even while doing activities that have weighted rewards.

Players will come back if they feel their time and effort are rewarded, and that's just not happening right now.

I know, the point is that these packages were supposed to be random but they too are heavily weighed towards 5 or 6 drops. It's bad enough that UG rewards are already heavily weighted but having the packages be the same is a massive oversight.

UG was supposed to be the pve alternative to the DZ, so just like DZ UG should have random loot instead of weighted loot. There is already way too much RNG involved in loot drops even while doing activities that have weighted rewards.

Players will come back if they feel their time and effort are rewarded, and that's just not happening right now.

When the Falcon's Lost update dropped it was heavily weighted towards certain gear sets (the only ones at the time) and still is, when the Clear Sky update hit it was heavily weighted towards certain gear sets (new ones) and still is, and when the Underground/Dragon's Nest update dropped it was heavily weighted towards new gear sets introduced in the DLC/update...see a trend?

The Rank-up caches are not what you will be playing the Operations for but rather the boss/chests drops and completion rewards. I thought the caches were the main reason to play as well early on but it's definitely not. Once I made the switch to Heroic Operations and tasted the 229/268 goodness this became readily apparent.

All in all, at least they have brought the old gear sets forward instead of leaving them behind stat wise and made them acquirable in some fashion.

Is the loot system perfect? Absolutely not as I, like you, would like to see it more balanced but according to their trends the Underground falls right in line.

That said, as much as the BLIND/Firecrest and new weapons drop from Rank-up caches I have had no problem acquiring all weapon types and HE/new & old gear sets through boss/chests drops and Operation completion rewards since the DLC dropped by, well, playing the game.

Audioboxer

That moment when the noob (me :p) has to save the team of GAFers from a wipe

SgSpSCI.gif

Also said GAFers taught me being a rogue in the DZ can actually be fun. I feel filthy.

When the Falcon's Lost update dropped it was heavily weighted towards certain gear sets (the only ones at the time) and still is, when the Clear Sky update hit it was heavily weighted towards certain gear sets (new ones) and still is, and when the Underground/Dragon's Nest update dropped it was heavily weighted towards new gear sets introduced in the DLC/update...see a trend?

The Rank-up caches are not what you will be playing the Operations for but rather the boss/chests drops and completion rewards. I thought the caches were the main reason to play as well early on but it's definitely not. Once I made the switch to Heroic Operations and tasted the 229/268 goodness this became readily apparent.

All in all, at least they have brought the old gear sets forward instead of leaving them behind stat wise and made them acquirable in some fashion.

Is the loot system perfect? Absolutely not as I, like you, would like to see it more balanced but according to their trends the Underground falls right in line.

That said, as much as the BLIND/Firecrest and new weapons drop from Rank-up caches I have had no problem acquiring all weapon types and HE/new & old gear sets through boss/chests drops and Operation completion rewards since the DLC dropped by, well, playing the game.

I would expect Dragon's Nest (the running theme is incursions having weighted gear) to have the weighted gear drops. I don't think Underground should be weighted like that. Yes I have gotten other gear in Underground, but only after about 50 blind/firecrest drops. The Underground would be so much more fun if it was truly truly randomized. Makes no sense the repeated goofs they are making.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I would expect Dragon's Nest (the running theme is incursions having weighted gear) to have the weighted gear drops. I don't think Underground should be weighted like that. Yes I have gotten other gear in Underground, but only after about 50 blind/firecrest drops. The Underground would be so much more fun if it was truly truly randomized. Makes no sense the repeated goofs they are making.

They want to force people into the DZ. That is it. They are aware of all the reasons why people don't want to go there, but they won't give up the plan of forcing everyone there in it's current state.

Playing on my alt, leveling it up is such a chore but I went into the DZ and boy oh boy, the lower dark zone (i'm lvl 24 on my alt) is just as great as the beta days.

Spent 3 hours just running around going rogue and killing rogues with random players. Best fun I've had since launch days....maybe I'll just keep my alt at this level and play DZ with it.

edit:

Here are the list of changes to be implemented with the July 21st maintenance.

Fixed a bug where containers in the highest gear score Dark Zone bracket would drop blue quality Division Tech.
Fixed a bug where some AlphaBridge gear set gloves would roll double primary stats if they have been recalibrated.
Fixed a bug where the player would be teleported back to the safe house during Tatiana Atkins Missing Persons mission.
Fixed a bug where the player would be teleported back to the safe house during Aaron Keener Missing Agent mission.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I'm losing interest in the game... my stats suck and I can't get them any better...

I find that the only way to get them better if you don't have a crew to play with is to matchmake on Underground. Though people have started kicking others based off GS now. Which platform are you on? I can try to help you out, even though I am not exactly uber geared myself.

I find that the only way to get them better if you don't have a crew to play with is to matchmake on Underground. Though people have started kicking others based off GS now. Which platform are you on? I can try to help you out, even though I am not exactly uber geared myself.

PS4 :|

I can't even get to 200K DPS. And no matter how much Toughness I get (with 75% mitigation) I still get wrecked by even level 34s. Level 35 mobs are basically insta-kill for me. With around 420k toughness.

Massive sucked the fun from the game with this last update.

Mullah88

I can't even get to 200K DPS. And no matter how much Toughness I get (with 75% mitigation) I still get wrecked by even level 34s. Level 35 mobs are basically insta-kill for me. With around 420k toughness.

play time went from coming home from work every day (7ish) and playing till around 12am-2am, to zero play time! will wait and see if they do anything about the mobs (especially the veterans) hitting hard as fuck.

Omg.... DN Heroic with a couple of us using Deadeye glitch just farming The Collective. This must be what Bullet King felt like, only better loot.

Make an alt, have a friend power level you to lvl 22-24 and then go into the lower DZ.

It's a new game I tell you. So much fun.

End-game/meta is in a really bad position right now. Best to take a break till UG comes out on PS4.

Wolfe

Make an alt, have a friend power level you to lvl 22-24 and then go into the lower DZ.

It's a new game I tell you. So much fun.

End-game/meta is in a really bad position right now. Best to take a break till UG comes out on PS4.

Makes me think of lvl 21 twinks in WoW, sometimes games gets a bit too big for themselves (or at least it can feel that way at times for some) and it can be a lot of fun to artificially simplify things, such as playing an underleveled character for a while.

State of the Game 21/07:

PVP damage buff is being seen as a 'net positive'.

NPC scaling is under review, requires a different solution.

Blue DT dropping from DT crates fixed in 201 and 231 DZ.

Alpha Bridge gloves should be fixed, any money spent on recalibrating before today will be returned to the players.

Fixed some side missions teleporting issue.

Happy with current state of shotguns (player, not npc).

Seeing a lot more different types of weapons being used since the balancing.

Deadeye fix - coming tomorrow(99%), not in today's maintenance.

Headshot damage cap introduced (1000%) - to prevent future stacking exploits.

No ETA on Blind rifle.

PS4 Underground dlc set for 2nd August, no delays expected.

Healing lag not an easy fix, no ETA on it.

No confirmation about 229 Blueprints, so far they don't exist.

No SoTG for next 3 weeks.

Loot improvements in the works for HVT's and UG.

EL CUCO

Good SOTG today. Pretty much touched on all of the known issues.

They also mentioned farming the 4 pony men in Dragon’s Nest is ok and not considered cheese or an exploit.

With the next 3 weeks off, I'm guessing Survival is targeted for the last week of August PC/X1, end of September PS4.

Running 5-sentry on my alt, Custom M870 shotgun with brutal, responsive and destructive

Per bullet damage is 101k.

ONE HUNDRED AND ONE THOUSAND!

hxfIXf0.jpg

SASG on secondary. Responsive, Accurate and Brutal.

Everything melts.

Feeling like the NPC shotgunners, one shotting everything :p

Running 5-sentry on my alt, Custom M870 shotgun with brutal, responsive and destructive

Per bullet damage is 101k.

ONE HUNDRED AND ONE THOUSAND!

hxfIXf0.jpg

SASG on secondary. Responsive, Accurate and Brutal.

Everything melts.

Feeling like the NPC shotgunners, one shotting everything :p

Uh, I got a M870 with 106k with Brutal, Destructive and Deadly... and it still feels weak.

EL CUCO

Ran into a couple plebs going Rogue then glitching into a wall on the first floor of the DZ06 extraction.

They'd come out and try to pop us with a sticky bomb, run back in for the cool down, then try again. Too bad they were met with a shock turret and a pair of sentry shotguns when they came out.

Audioboxer

Ran into a couple plebs going Rogue then glitching into a wall on the first floor of the DZ06 extraction.

They'd come out and try to pop us with a sticky bomb, run back in for the cool down, then try again. Too bad they were met with a shock turret and a pair of sentry shotguns when they came out.

The elevator trick us GAFers faced from rogues the other day was a pain in the ass.

Not so much a trick I guess rather than just hiding in an extraction zone elevator shaft you can't aim up from ground level.

Top Bottom