• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

GazzaGSi

So we wiped on FL wave 15 tonight so decided to take our anger out in the DZ. Afew manhunts and almost 5 hours later I eventually log off. For the shit that winds me up about this game I still can't put it down, playing daily since release.

I see why there's so many rogues over the last month or so and not just since 1.3, simply because it's fun, at 1 point there was 4 groups of rogues all trying to take each other out and it was a blast. Screwing solo players over was kept to a minimum where possible unless if they came after us.

Normally I stick to clearing landmarks, opening chests and extracting. Tonight was the complete opposite and it really freshened it up doing something different to the norm.

For me, the bigger issue with 1.1 is that there was nothing to do after you beat the Incursion for the week. At that point, it was the only way to get improved gear unless you wanted to do dark zone stuff.

It became the Destiny problem for me, where it just got to the point that I just stopped playing completely because I didn't want to schedule my life around a video game's weekly resets.

That thesis though XD

Chasing Green Drops: The Intangible Appeal of Loot Games and Why Diablo 3 Works When The Division Doesn’t

I'm not sure what is up with my luck of late but I played a single Heroic Ops tonight with my alt Reclaimer build and got a 268 Reclaimer backpack drop with +6900 Skill Power already rolled on it. That's four 268 Reclaimer drops in my last six Heroic Ops. I wanted +ammo too but wasn't fortunate enough to get that as well but I can't believe I got the exact piece that I needed for this build as I thought it would be days/weeks before I got lucky enough for it to drop. Reclaimer build sitting at 150K DPS, 435K Toughness, and 46.5K Skill Power with a 255 GS.

I'm not sure what is up with my luck of late but I played a single Heroic Ops tonight with my alt Reclaimer build and got a 268 Reclaimer backpack drop with +6900 Skill Power already rolled on it. That's four 268 Reclaimer drops in my last six Heroic Ops. I wanted +ammo too but wasn't fortunate enough to get that as well but I can't believe I got the exact piece that I needed for this build as I thought it would be days/weeks before I got lucky enough for it to drop. Reclaimer build sitting at 150K DPS, 435K Toughness, and 46.5K Skill Power with a 255 GS.

Yes your luck is legendary lol. I think I've completed about 8 sets of blind and firecrest on all six pieces for both.

EL CUCO

Looks like Precision talent gives you around base pulse stats. Just tested it in the BoO with a side arm.

30905 CHD w/out
40145 CHD w precision active

about 20% 12% more CHC

All this time I thought it was for a useless mark.

MildSoss

Finally had a Sentry backpack drop tonight after not seeing one since the 1.1 patch. Thank god it rolled skill power too or I would of flipped a table over.

Finally had a Sentry backpack drop tonight after not seeing one since the 1.1 patch. Thank god it rolled skill power too or I would of flipped a table over.

I still don't have a sentry backpack with skill power.

Ran 4x Falcon Lost heroic yesterday, everything was striker. :(

Someone even got a nomad from the APC. RIP!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Thanks for posting it. lol

I think the most frustrating thing is that they copied Diablo 3, but didn't go all the way. The classless nature of the game means that there really isn't a way to fix the itemization, but the simple act of increasing the frequency of drops would alleviate that problem tremendously.
Trying to slow progress down to get people to keep playing the game just has the opposite effect, and the problem is compounded by the fact that most people who stop playing the game probably - at best - have a neutral impression of it when they quit.

darkwing

Thanks for posting it. lol

I think the most frustrating thing is that they copied Diablo 3, but didn't go all the way. The classless nature of the game means that there really isn't a way to fix the itemization, but the simple act of increasing the frequency of drops would alleviate that problem tremendously.
Trying to slow progress down to get people to keep playing the game just has the opposite effect, and the problem is compounded by the fact that most people who stop playing the game probably - at best - have a neutral impression of it when they quit.

I agree on this, open up the loot table, let every heroic stuff drop 229/268, higher chance for good rolls in DZ/Incursion

I bet more people would play and with higher gear more would venture into DZ

end game would be min maxing and getting every gear set

same in Diablo 3, I mean how old is that game and people are still playing it

Doesn't stack with pulse, but also cant be concealed. So its not a bad talent for PvP.

It's only a base pulse, so 12.80% CHC, not 20%.

It also adds 25.60% CHD though.

Since someone will always be running pulse in the group, this talent does nothing as it doesn't stack and can't be reapplied until the pulse runs out.

If you mark someone with the talent they pop scrambler or conceal SC, it will remove the mark.

There are much better talents to run instead of this one, esp for pvp.

EL CUCO

It's only a base pulse, so 12.80% CHC, not 20%.

It also adds 25.60% CHD though.

Since someone will always be running pulse in the group, this talent does nothing as it doesn't stack and can't be reapplied until the pulse runs out.

If you mark someone with the talent they pop scrambler or conceal SC, it will remove the mark.

There are much better talents to run instead of this one, esp for pvp.
I read that the buff/debuff still applies to Concealed targets. You should let me test it out on you :p

Well I know you can unmark it with scrambler but not sure if it will proc on an already concealed player. Unless it's bugged, it should not work on a concealed player.

Either way, you're limited to 4 talents and I'm not sure what you could give up for it.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I agree on this, open up the loot table, let every heroic stuff drop 229/268, higher chance for good rolls in DZ/Incursion

I totally agree, but Massive does not to this point. I know they are hiring a new economist to replace the one they had from the mobile division, so maybe things will change.

Wolfe

It's like a cinnamon toast crunch commercial and Massive is the adults/parents, they just can't see it.

darkwing

I totally agree, but Massive does not to this point. I know they are hiring a new economist to replace the one they had from the mobile division, so maybe things will change.

mobile division? then they should have something like a token/ticket something so that you have a reason to login everyday, same as in any other mobile game

or better yet, follow D3 lol

fr0st

Banned
They just need to lessen the amount of RNG the game currently has.

Like if you do falcon lost

you have a chance of getting either sentry/tactician/striker
but you have no control what gear you are getting (chest piece, etc.)
no control on how much armor it will have (and you cant re calibrate it either)
no control on which main stat (firearms, stam, electronics) you get AND how much you get
no control on what major, minor and skill attributes you will get (and the numbers here are also random)

IMO they should just give the option to roll everything a gear has to offer but make use of other currency, since they're not gonna change how bonuses on gear works (should just give the max roll on everything IMO)

like if you already rolled a chest piece to get armor but you want to roll off protection from elites to exotic damage then you can spend regular credits and phoenix credits to do it

then use regular credits, phoenix credits and DZ credits to re calibrate skill attributes and so on

this way people can still get bad gear but have a chance to make it useful if they really need too

It sucks looking for a specific piece then finding that piece to be garbage and worse than the one you currently have because it has terrible rolls upon terrible rolls

adding to this, I would like to be able to find Tactician sets elsewhere than FL. I'm tired of doing that mission over and over again to try improving my support build...

adding to this, I would like to be able to find Tactician sets elsewhere than FL. I'm tired of doing that mission over and over again to try improving my support build...

This right here.

I've had Tactician's Authority pieces drop from HVTs, but that's super rare. I'm so tired of getting Lonestar crap. I wish they'd even out the loot tables for these things, or implement some sort of token system that increases my chances of getting items from a certain gear set.

Yes your luck is legendary lol. I think I've completed about 8 sets of blind and firecrest on all six pieces for both.

Played three Heroic Ops last night without much luck reward wise, played two today so far and on the second got another 268 Reclaimer backpack with a poor roll mind you. I'm also noticing the main stats on gear strikingly low on a consistent basis.

GazzaGSi

I was lucky with my tactician gear for my alt. Was farming the dz late one night last week and within acouple of hours the build was complete with 268 pieces. Chest and mask from 2 supply drops, holster from midtown music and backpack from sealed cache. Couldn't belive my luck. With 2 268 final measure pieces that i'd kept in my stash my alt was done sitting at 150k dps (pre smart cover and pulse buffs), 480k toughness and 46k skill power. There's room for improvement with afew percent here and there for pulse and smart cover as some have turret perks but can't complain at that. All the main stats are 720+ too so pleased with that.

Sentry gear on the other hand... :-( I'm still grinding for better gear but my 5 piece with savage gloves or 4 piece & 2 final measure does pretty well.

My main downfall is I'm still running 204 primary and secondary weapons. The talents are perfect which is why I run them compared to the shit ton of 229 weapons I've looted. If i could get 229's with the talents I currently run I'd be almost complete, i just need to get the base dmg up from what the 204's offer. It's frustrating getting a decent weapon with 2 or more crap talents as even rolling 1 talent still doesn't really help.

Man, 3 times today I tried taking on HVT Fallon with randoms, and lost 40 Intel each time because of failure. I could have sworn that you get to retry it without losing all your Intel before. It sucks to grind for all of that only for the team to fall apart in minutes. That fire is OP as fuck.

darkwing

Man, 3 times today I tried taking on HVT Fallon with randoms, and lost 40 Intel each time because of failure. I could have sworn that you get to retry it without losing all your Intel before. It sucks to grind for all of that only for the team to fall apart in minutes. That fire is OP as fuck.

the game doesn't respect your time spent unless you are in DZ

token system would make so much sense

All that time and effort for loan stars? RIP

Skrillz

Neo Member
you guys really do incursions for sentry, striker and tactician gear?
i am soooooo full of all 3 and i have gotten everything i need form the dark zone.
i have too many striker, sentry, and tactician pieces, even final measure and alpha bridge.

i suggest farming the dz as much as you can and going for supply drops in dz 5 and 6. try to get both when they drop. even go for dz 4 if u have the chance after 5 and 6.

All that time and effort for loan stars? RIP
Tell me about it. I'm really lost as to how I'm gonna gear up past 240; I don't have a crew to run DZ with (I actually hate the DZ), and MM is such a coin toss nowadays, with people kicking you if you're not in the 250s. Everything's a slog right now.

firehawk12

Subete no aware

no control on which main stat (firearms, stam, electronics) you get AND how much you get
no control on what major, minor and skill attributes you will get (and the numbers here are also random)

IMO they should just give the option to roll everything a gear has to offer but make use of other currency, since they're not gonna change how bonuses on gear works (should just give the max roll on everything IMO)

like if you already rolled a chest piece to get armor but you want to roll off protection from elites to exotic damage then you can spend regular credits and phoenix credits to do it

then use regular credits, phoenix credits and DZ credits to re calibrate skill attributes and so on

this way people can still get bad gear but have a chance to make it useful if they really need too

It sucks looking for a specific piece then finding that piece to be garbage and worse than the one you currently have because it has terrible rolls upon terrible rolls

The problem is that without classes, there's no way to at least narrow the loot table for players. Both in terms of the actual set piece you get, but also in the primary stat it rolls. They could steal the Diablo 3 system of letting you reroll a set item to get another piece in the set, so that maybe you can use your dupes at least, but unless they've gotten very generous with crafting materials lately I can't see them implementing that kind of system in a satisfactory manner.

Of course, I still the best short term solution is to just remove all the lockouts for all content, have them all drop max level gear on Challenging, and just let the players who want to grind out an Incursion or HVT forever in order to get a full set of 240s (or whatever is the max these days) the ability to do so.

You can re-roll armor on all gear with the exception of masks and gloves. You also probably wouldn't want it on a backpack either, however, with the ability to roll +skill power instead.

...and no way could they implement a system in which you could re-roll all stats on a given piece of gear. That's a boring loot game at that point or one that makes you grind and grind for currency to re-roll stats.

You really just need to be lucky enough to get most gear with either +armor/+skill power or the right main stat rolled that you need in order to use that one roll on something else worthwhile. If you don't get the main stat right in combination with no armor or a no +skill power roll then that piece of gear becomes basically useless in the grand scheme of a build.

That said, I generally keep most high level gear as I may be able to re-roll one of the main stats to make it work later on if need be.

fr0st

Banned
https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/4uuyds/changelog_july_28th_maintenance_forums/

Fixed a bug where players could initiate 1 Phase Operations in Heroic difficulty by pressing a combination of buttons on their input device.
**Rewards from Underground Operation Directives will now also include all gear sets from Updates 1.1 and 1.2.
Rewards from Underground Sealed Caches will now include all weapon types as well as all Underground and Update 1.3 gear sets.**
Named NPCs in the Underground now have increased drop rates for High-End gear, across all difficulties.

Thank you PC and Xbone players for tolerating one month of shitty blind and firecrest from Underground, your sacrifice has made it possible for us PS4 players to never have to go through that
3AQmK.gif

Gear set drop rate nerf then? To me HE gear is yellow so if there's more chance of HE there will be less chance of a gear set item.

lol Massive

They're forcing you to use directives instead of just regular underground.

No, this is the actual change:

Named NPCs in the Underground now have increased drop rates across all difficulties and doing multiple phase operations will give you a better chance at higher quality gear.”

EL CUCO

Yup, Ruthless. Was excited to run Operations because it's "new content", but wasn't looking forward to its rewards very much. Now atleast we have a better shot at getting something useful.

The1Ski

I definitely agree with the sentiment of artificial longevity. Especially a game that has so much RNG to it. I just think about how many times you'd have to reroll/drop an item to get a (close to) perfect version. Then expand that to all the potential items that can drop. But then limiting opportunities to such miniscule amounts is nothing but frustrating.

The perfect example is Diablo 3 at launch. I was dozens of hours in before my first legendary drop. And like everybody else, it seems, what dropped was for a different class and the stats weren't even good. Yes, I was pumped to see that orange text. But the feeling didn't last long.

I really hope that developers continue to refine their itemization and progression systems.

I wont go on and on about Diablo since this isn't that thread, but D3 really is in a good place. I hope that The Division figures it out because I really want to come back to it.

Helping 2 first timers on heroic FL, game crashed one player 3 times on various rounds. Skills bugging out, revive glitch galore. Made us wipe on wave 15.

Incompetent ubi support is asking players on their forums if they are using modified hard drives or ssds instead of tackling the code of the game. Ever since 1.3 came out on PS4, it's been rife with delta errors, frequent game crashes and other gameplay bugs.

LLShC.gif

Top Bottom