• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

Mullah88

Ran into a couple plebs going Rogue then glitching into a wall on the first floor of the DZ06 extraction.

They'd come out and try to pop us with a sticky bomb, run back in for the cool down, then try again. Too bad they were met with a shock turret and a pair of sentry shotguns when they came out.

you know how to go in there right?

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Good SOTG today. Pretty much touched on all of the known issues.

They also mentioned farming the 4 pony men in Dragon’s Nest is ok and not considered cheese or an exploit.

With the next 3 weeks off, I'm guessing Survival is targeted for the last week of August PC/X1, end of September PS4.

When they finish this game, it is going to be aweome, lol.

The most sought-after Reclaimer set becomes incredibly boring to use after a while. For my money and moment-to-moment gameplay I'll take Firecrest and it's +100% reload speed bonus and a Reckless chest on a good build stat wise any day of the week.

fr0st

Banned
Nah lol we tried a bunch to go in while they were in there but couldn't figure it out.
You stick to the wall then combat roll in. You have to hit the wall though before it lets you in.

To get out mash on X (or a) and try to stick to the wall. Try to do it one at a time so you don't collide with each other.

Lima

The most sought-after Reclaimer set becomes incredibly boring to use after a while. For my money and moment-to-moment gameplay I'll take Firecrest and it's +100% reload speed bonus and a Reckless chest on a good build stat wise any day of the week.

Firecrest LUL

There is no situation ever when firecrest is good. For PvP Alpha with a PP90 in off hand beats it because of hurried and if you aren't running 5 sentry with reckless in PvE or reclaimer then what the hell are you doing.

Mullah88

Nah lol we tried a bunch to go in while they were in there but couldn't figure it out.

^^yup, just take cover behind the counter and stroll up to the wall, while running into the wall youll have to combat roll to dive in. to get out, walk up to the door and aim slightly left towards the counter and mash X to take cover on the other side

Firecrest LUL

There is no situation ever when firecrest is good. For PvP Alpha with a PP90 in off hand beats it because of hurried and if you aren't running 5 sentry with reckless in PvE or reclaimer then what the hell are you doing.

I have zero interest in DZ outside of PvE and neither Sentry's or Reclaimer are required for anything regarding PvE. I have no trouble at all clearing Heroic Ops with active Directives (sans Mad Skills) using a Firecrest and Reckless build (300, 460, 33, GS 251) and find it much more enjoyable gameplay wise than using my alt's Reclaimer build (220, 430, 32, GS 249).

Nearly maxed out and well combined attributes/stats on gear and the +100 reload bonus makes it not good but great.

Lima

I have zero interest in DZ outside of PvE and neither Sentry's or Reclaimer are required for anything regarding PvE. I have no trouble at all clearing Heroic Ops with active Directives (sans Mad Skills) using a Firecrest and Reckless build (300, 460, 33, GS 251) and find it much more enjoyable gameplay wise than using my alt's Reclaimer build (220, 430, 32, GS 249).

Nearly maxed out and well combined attributes/stats on gear and the +100 reload bonus makes it not good but great.

There is a difference between clearing something and melting through it. 3 sentry glass people and a reclaimer support with 55-60k skill power will melt through everything in their way.

firecrest is fucking shit. As is blind but hey it's not that bad right. Hold that L for me.

lulz

Basically the only 2 must have sets for pve heroic activities. Do you ever play in a group?

Yeah, that's all I play. Heroic Ops and I have no trouble. I'd say 75% of the time there are no Sentry's or Reclaimer builds in the groups.

I have a full Reclaimer set and have found it to be super boring. There are other viable builds as the game doesn't have to be reduced to just a couple.

They are definitely not must haves to have success.

Edit: Regarding the efficiency of group play, if you have a pulse, smart cover, flashbang, and health station (w/ immunizer or ammo) to go along with first aid while communicating and coordinating it makes the process like clockwork with no specific gear set needed. At least this is my experience in Heroic Operations.

90 minute maintenance to fix deadeye bug

Here are the list of changes to be implemented with the July 22nd maintenance.

Fixed an issue that allowed players to benefit from the DeadEye 4 set bonus while retaining their headshot damage. This fix also resolves the issue where players were able to stack bonus headshot damage indefinitely.

They are definitely not must haves to have success.

No one is saying that.

You can complete most activities in the game without a dedicated build in the group, but that's not the point.

Point is clearing a heroic content in 30 minutes without build synergy Vs clearing the same content in half the time with it.

no no,i don't mean like gameplay wise, that is perfectly fine to me.
Just there is a certain attitude here from some posters about what gear to use that is a little strong.

It comes down to how you play the game.

4 players in a team running solo builds Vs 4 players in a team running group builds.

The increase in efficiency and effectiveness for the later is just ridiculous.

Don't forget that this is a loot game. You can have fun with various builds and sets playing solo but when it comes down to farming for gear and clearing though the hardest content effectively, there are only a handful of builds that can make that possible.

I'm not saying you shouldn't use a particular build, just that it's not as effective for high level stuff simply because the game is very imbalanced right now.

Ideally, to be the most efficient in heroic content, you would need to gear up as follows:

Reclaimer 4 piece with high electronics. Other 2 pieces can be tactician or final measure. Provide crowd control for the whole team. Constant healing with support station.

Tanktician with 4 tactician + 2 Final measure. Tanks are ideal for Clear skies CM/HM, DZ supply drops and taking aggro from bosses so the team can focus on damage. 100% upkeep on smart cover and pulse.

Sentry running minimum 4-piece. Can do 5 sentry + reckless/savage for pve or 2 final measure for dark zone. Mark targets and watch them melt.

There is no other combination that can provide the amount of group synergy apart from these builds.

Alpha bridge, Firecrest, etc are all solo builds that can be strong for the individual player but do nothing for the group.

Klyka

Banned
I'm not talking about the actual gear XD

I mean some people are being pretty mean in telling others how to "play the game right".

No one is saying that.

You can complete most activities in the game without a dedicated build in the group, but that's not the point.

Point is clearing a heroic content in 30 minutes without build synergy Vs clearing the same content in half the time with it.

I have found the Heroic Ops encounters to be incredibly formulaic at this point and the real challenges to be the environments you are put in for the initial part of the encounter to be the only real challenge.

At it's core, the game remains the same with the same fundamentals used for any challenging content. If you use the four abilities I mentioned previously (pulse, smart cover, flashbang, health station) efficiently with constant overdoses and timely activated signatures in combination with coordinated focus fire the content is not currently too hard and becomes a step-by-step like process for each encounter without the need for specific gear sets.

It's funny and ironical how skill-up basically posted a video right now saying the exact same thing :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbTGyRx8a2I

I have felt for some time now that 400K Toughness was the sweet spot in testing builds with upwards of 500-600K Toughness and seeing very little difference in survivability past the 400K point.

Klyka

Banned
Amazon finally sent me my Survival Guide!

https://twitter.com/Klyka/status/756500748804972545
Cn-hW_ZW8AAK-aH.jpg

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
There is a difference between clearing something and melting through it. 3 sentry glass people and a reclaimer support with 55-60k skill power will melt through everything in their way.

firecrest is fucking shit. As is blind but hey it's not that bad right. Hold that L for me.

Damn, has the toxicity finally reached here? "Hold that L for me" over a build preference? No need for any of that. It's a freaking game. There are a million ways to build your character. I am thinking playstyle preference will dictate how you want to do it. No need for getting all emotional and throwing insults.

This thread is dead enough at times without people throwing in hostility.

It comes down to how you play the game.

4 players in a team running solo builds Vs 4 players in a team running group builds.

The increase in efficiency and effectiveness for the later is just ridiculous.

Don't forget that this is a loot game. You can have fun with various builds and sets playing solo but when it comes down to farming for gear and clearing though the hardest content effectively, there are only a handful of builds that can make that possible.

I'm not saying you shouldn't use a particular build, just that it's not as effective for high level stuff simply because the game is very imbalanced right now.

Ideally, to be the most efficient in heroic content, you would need to gear up as follows:

Reclaimer 4 piece with high electronics. Other 2 pieces can be tactician or final measure. Provide crowd control for the whole team. Constant healing with support station.

Tanktician with 4 tactician + 2 Final measure. Tanks are ideal for Clear skies CM/HM, DZ supply drops and taking aggro from bosses so the team can focus on damage. 100% upkeep on smart cover and pulse.

Sentry running minimum 4-piece. Can do 5 sentry + reckless/savage for pve or 2 final measure for dark zone. Mark targets and watch them melt.

There is no other combination that can provide the amount of group synergy apart from these builds.

Alpha bridge, Firecrest, etc are all solo builds that can be strong for the individual player but do nothing for the group.

Yep, I have to agree with you. Those three sets are the most important sets in the game currently. If a group could get a good synergy going using these sets in PvE and PvP they will absolutely thrash the opposition.

Yesterday, In the DarkZone I was running my Reclaimer Set and so was another buddy, high toughness/stamina and both of us over 35K SP. With a DeadEye and Sentry player...we went on endless manhunts it was insane.

I never really engaged in PvP a lot before the PvP buff. I have to admit I really like it. It feels good knowing if any other group comes to bully/gank you can give them one hell of a fight.

I would estimate before the PvP buff my group would win 30% of the PvP engagements. Now its looking about around 75% of PvP engagements we win.

Menitta

After playing it for a few hours, I think I can safely say I'm having a really fun time. My enjoyment really stems from the setting and art style. It fits my tastes so perfectly. The snow in the air and the Christmas lights. Christmas time is my favorite time of year and I'm just imagining myself in the player's situation. If I was in an abandoned snowy New York City, I'd get a playlist of the best Christmas music on my phone, and just explore. I didn't think I'd enjoy this game as much as I am just because of the setting. It scratches the itch I've had of snowy games very well.

Audioboxer

All weekly loot Lonestar, short spell in DZ ends with loot being attacked by a group of 8 rogues at extraction and then finally a heroic FL wipes on wave 15 due to a combo of a revive glitch/delta error booting a player.

What a time to be alive.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So what's the tl;dr of the meta for 1.3 as someone who hasn't played in a month?

I know my 3/3 Striker/Sentry set is useless now, so rip. lol

Bluecondor

"Originally Posted by DeathJr

Sentry running minimum 4-piece. Can do 5 sentry + reckless/savage for pve or 2 final measure for dark zone. Mark targets and watch them melt."

I play on PS4 and enjoy the Sentry and Tactician builds. I like the idea of building a Reclaimer 4 piece set that is heavy on electronics after the DLC drops on PS4 on August 2nd. This sounds like something I could use when helping teams run Dragon's Nest on Challenging or Heroic.

I have been running 4 Sentry (3 - 268 pieces and a 240) with 2 Final Measure in a build that gives me about 150,000 dps - 350,000 toughness and 32,000 skill power. While my dps is low, the CHC/CHD from my pulse (along with my overheal every 25 seconds or so) is a great fit for my playstyle as I run almost everything with random teams of 4 - typically with a mix of players (often with 1 or 2 lower gear score players). I love getting 3 marks on a heavy or a boss for +45% damage for my entire team.

My 3 Tactician - 2 Final Measure (along with a 268 Sentry backpack that has +7,000 skillpower) build is pretty similar, but with even higher skill power. It is very similar with 150,000 dps - 350,000 toughness - but 43,000 skill power. I like to run this when someone else in my group has solid skillpower for pulse, which allows me to run smart cover. In a team of 4, the combination of a strong pulse + strong smart cover is a huge CHC/CHD bonus for the team. I usually run this build when I am playing with a stronger/more experienced team, as the random teams often have little interest in using smart cover.

So - my two main builds are actually pretty similar - except that Sentry is my M1A build (my favorite weapon by far) and Tactician is my PP-19 and/or G36 build for CHC/CHD with pulse and smart cover.

I've had three 268 Reclaimer drops today from Heroic Operations with all five Directives active. One from a boss and two others from completion rewards. Completed four such Ops in a row. Unfortunately they were all masks as the 268 backpack still alludes me. I was using my main for these runs but my alt has a 268 Reclaimer vest, mask, and knee pads with a 214 backpack. I use different 268 set pieces depending on what others are running, ability wise, for the glove and holster slots. I'm hoping to get a 268 Reclaimer backpack with +Skill Power and +ammo as that would allow me to change the main stat if needed whenever I wanted through recalibration. That's four 268 Reclaimer drops from the Underground in two days as I got 268 knee pads from a boss yesterday (first run of the day with no Directives active).

So what's the tl;dr of the meta for 1.3 as someone who hasn't played in a month?

I know my 3/3 Striker/Sentry set is useless now, so rip. lol

If they don't nerf sentry and tankticians more with the next patch, then those are what you aim for.

You should have 240 Sentry gear already, so just spec for 5 sentry or 4 sentry + 2 final measure.

Will our resident tactician Kopyasu make a return next week for Underground :p

is EDR capped at 75? or can it go up to 100%?

Was 100% but recently patched to cap out at 90%.

Have tested it against heavy flamers with 50%, 75% and 90%, honestly investing in 90% is not worth it.

Audioboxer

Think I'll take a short break till DLC hits on PS4.

Had a lot of fun running with GAFers the past week. Still under geared in terms of sets, but my 4 predators mark and 2 sentry do okay. Once DLC is out I can grind out complete sets on that Horsemen boss or whatever it is. Doing Heroic FL is such a bore, and incredibly draining especially if you wipe at the very end. Poorly designed IMO. DZ is too unreliable to try and get gear set pieces, especially the older stuff like sentry.

My weapons are okay as well. It's such a PITA when you get a good drop in the DZ and it has 3 terrible talents though lol. Wish they'd let you re-roll two talents. Some talents are just shit-tier and should be rolled into another or simply scrapped.

Anyway, I got better at end game and learned a lot about builds! Cheers GAF. Might be on a bit at the weekend, but I'm going to try and play some other stuff. Checking out Neverwinter for one.

Mullah88

If they don't nerf sentry and tankticians more with the next patch, then those are what you aim for.

You should have 240 Sentry gear already, so just spec for 5 sentry or 4 sentry + 2 final measure.

Will our resident tactician Kopyasu make a return next week for Underground :p

Was 100% but recently patched to cap out at 90%.

Have tested it against heavy flamers with 50%, 75% and 90%, honestly investing in 90% is not worth it.

yup at 75% with 2 FM piece and 4 TA, i think thats the sweet spot with a smart cover. with my current build i can now easily swap out for 2 FM, 2 Sentry call, 4 alpha bridge with 2 FM or 2 TA and still have roughly the same stats lol

add another 5k or more from uplay players on top and you got 10k people which is a perfectly fine number for this kind of game

Steam charts don't mean anything. Steam users are the ones who love who buy everything but play nothing :p

Thing is, many players across all platforms played Division like a single player game. Finished the story (or lack thereof) and never played again. Some got to level 30, tried some challenging missions, got destroyed and gave up.

What I would really like to see is actual numbers of unique players across all platforms and their activity charts. They have the stats, just not sharing them.

add another 5k or more from uplay players on top and you got 10k people which is a perfectly fine number for this kind of game

Yeah, I've never had trouble finding people to play with, matchmaking, etc and that's all that matters. I have also enjoyed most of their content updates to date (sans the slog that is the Falcon's Lost Incursion) which has been a pretty decent stream since launch. Excited to see what the Survival and Last Stand expansions bring to the table and the future thereafter.

Folks used to quote population numbers regarding Destiny as well all the time and I played that game for 2500+ hours up until March when The Division launched, never had an issue with finding people to play with there either.

Halo, the same thing.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Steam charts don't mean anything. Steam users are the ones who love who buy everything but play nothing :p

Thing is, many players across all platforms played Division like a single player game. Finished the story (or lack thereof) and never played again. Some got to level 30, tried some challenging missions, got destroyed and gave up.

What I would really like to see is actual numbers of unique players across all platforms and their activity charts. They have the stats, just not sharing them.

I mean, anecdotally GAF saw a huge drop in population. Just look at this thread. The irony is that systems they put in place to try to create longevity - the weekly lockouts in particular - is probably largely responsible for that.

fr0st

Banned
I mean, anecdotally GAF saw a huge drop in population. Just look at this thread. The irony is that systems they put in place to try to create longevity - the weekly lockouts in particular - is probably largely responsible for that.
It was the glitches and exploits once 1.1 dropped that cause people to get gear compared to everyone else. Also there should've been a 201+ bracket once the gear sets dropped.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It was the glitches and exploits once 1.1 dropped that cause people to get gear compared to everyone else. Also there should've been a 201+ bracket once the gear sets dropped.
For me, the bigger issue with 1.1 is that there was nothing to do after you beat the Incursion for the week. At that point, it was the only way to get improved gear unless you wanted to do dark zone stuff.

It became the Destiny problem for me, where it just got to the point that I just stopped playing completely because I didn't want to schedule my life around a video game's weekly resets.

For me, the bigger issue with 1.1 is that there was nothing to do after you beat the Incursion for the week. At that point, it was the only way to get improved gear unless you wanted to do dark zone stuff.

It became the Destiny problem for me, where it just got to the point that I just stopped playing completely because I didn't want to schedule my life around a video game's weekly resets.

The Underground Operations do a lot to get rid of this issue and if they balance the loot variety disbursment it will be even better. That said after reaching max rank and beyond on one character and 25 on another I'm a bit burnt out on it at the moment considering after a while you realize the encounters are pretty much the same through and through while the real challenge is the environments they put you in during the encounters with a lack of cover, getting flanked, cramped areas not great for smart cover, some verticality, etc. It really boils down to take out shotgunner rushers, take out snipers, take out medics, take out heavies and everyone else left standing with some basic objectives like protect this JTF guy or this generator or a timed mission which you always reach the boss where the timer stops with like 8 or more minutes left or as you come upon an encounter you have to locate and destroy the supply caches within like 2-3 minutes all while fighting the same waves of enemies structure wise over and over again.

This New York Collapse book is INSANE

I've had this book for 2-3 months now without really diving into it as of yet. I recently created two more characters simply for the weapon/gear storage space but I might take one through all the content again and read all the collectables, etc to check out some of the deeper lore while reading the book as a companion of sorts.

Top Bottom