• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

Ted

Finally managed to get Clear Sky done with matchmaking earlier in the week. I had to switch up my character quite a lot and play the tank role of getting the fuses in order to get the team through but it was good fun.

I like that it encourages and allows multiple roles to be useful, can be viably done without camping a spot and generally has a lot less hanging around in your choice of cover (be it the pit of the left side under the stairs) waiting for mobs to come to you.

It's a much more fun and dynamic mission than Falcon Lost it's just a shame the gear sets it gives as rewards aren't ones I am particularly interested in. I would have annoyed me I suspect if I had slogged through FL and got stuff I don't want or need but here, it really didn't bother me, I just wanted to go again!!

I've not watched any coverage of the next one (or even of underground) so as not to ruin it for myself before it even comes out but I do hope it is closer to CS than FL in design ethos.

I like that it encourages and allows multiple roles to be useful, can be viably done without camping a spot and generally has a lot less hanging around in your choice of cover (be it the pit of the left side under the stairs) waiting for mobs to come to you.

I've not watched any coverage of the next one (or even of underground) so as not to ruin it for myself before it even comes out but I do hope it is closer to CS than FL in design ethos.

lol

wait till you try it on Challenging on Heroic :p

Basically every strategy in this game boils down to camping or holding out a tight corner with all players huddled together under smart cover.

UG is not an incursion, it's a bunch of side missions in randomly generated rooms.

The new incursion is Dragon's Nest which is by far the best designed one (till you get to the boss), and even there the best strategy is to find a corner and stay under smart cover.

jbortz78

Just found my first G36 last night and need help with the talents.

It has deadly, self preserved and ofc focused.

So please give me some tips?

Welp, early reports from PC/Xbone players suggest that mostly 1.3 Gear sets are dropping from UG post-patch. Drop rate of 1.1 sets is really low.

RIP the fucking dream.

Really? I didn't know that could happen...

I'll try to stay out of the way then. thanks.

Even if your team mates bump into you while you're in the menu, it will auto close.

Just found my first G36 last night and need help with the talents.

It has deadly, self preserved and ofc focused.

So please give me some tips?

Focused is a pretty terrible stat, roll it off and get Brutal or Destructive.

Ideally, for Pve - Brutal, Destructive and Self-preserved/Deadly/Responsive are good.

Pvp - Brutal, Deadly and Accurate/Responsive/Fierce.

Really? I didn't know that could happen...

I'll try to stay out of the way then. thanks.

Oh man the JTF are always in the way, walking around in base or in the street/missions. Nothing better when for example your doing lexingtons end battle, lining up an sniper shot and suddenly an JTF's ass shows up in your face, pushing you aside...

Refuse to believe it is random, there is tomfoolery there from developers, I am sure of it. ;)

GazzaGSi

Welp, early reports from PC/Xbone players suggest that mostly 1.3 Gear sets are dropping from UG post-patch. Drop rate of 1.1 sets is really low.

RIP the fucking dream.

For anyone who thought 1.1, 1.2 and 1.3 sets would be split 33% are deluded. 1.3 sets probably have a similar weight as Lone Star in HVT's as in a slim chance to get something else but most likely Lone Star. I've had afew none Lone Star from HVT's which is why I still run them 'just in case' it's something else.
At least the chance is there whereas previously UG was 1.3 sets only and reading the thread you linked on reddit, there is quite afew technicians, sentry and striker popping up in the comments.

For anyone who thought 1.1, 1.2 and 1.3 sets would be split 33% are deluded. 1.3 sets probably have a similar weight as Lone Star in HVT's as in a slim chance to get something else but most likely Lone Star. I've had afew none Lone Star from HVT's which is why I still run them 'just in case' it's something else.
At least the chance is there whereas previously UG was 1.3 sets only and reading the thread you linked on reddit, there is quite afew technicians, sentry and striker popping up in the comments.

1.1 and 1.2 sets always had a chance of dropping in Underground Ops, this update supposedly increased that chance.

Edit: The wording is a bit confusing in their update notes as maybe 1.1 and 1.2 sets were not available as end-mission rewards for completing Ops but they were definitely possible from drops from named bosses in the Underground Ops as I have gotten them all.

Just completed a 2 phase and then a 3 phase Heroic Op, the rewards? DeadEYE from every boss and every mission completion reward and even a Rank-up Cache. Eight pieces in total.

Edit: Hunter's Faith gloves to break the streak, woohoo...

GazzaGSi

1.1 and 1.2 sets always had a chance of dropping in Underground Ops, this update supposedly increased that chance.

Edit: The wording is a bit confusing in their update notes as maybe 1.1 and 1.2 sets were not available as end-mission rewards for completing Ops but they were definitely possible from drops from named bosses in the Underground Ops as I have gotten them all.

End mission rewards were only 1.3 Gear sets that's why everyone had been asking for 1.1 and 1.2 sets to be added.

End mission rewards were only 1.3 Gear sets that's why everyone had been asking for 1.1 and 1.2 sets to be added.

You'll be taking down more than one boss per Heroic Op which gives you multiple chances at any gear set piece thus I'm not sure what the big fuss is.

In any case I'm not sure why folks are surprised by corresponding gear-to-content being weighted. This is the way it has been since launch and will continue to be when the next expansion drops.

Mullah88

Helping 2 first timers on heroic FL, game crashed one player 3 times on various rounds. Skills bugging out, revive glitch galore. Made us wipe on wave 15.

Incompetent ubi support is asking players on their forums if they are using modified hard drives or ssds instead of tackling the code of the game. Ever since 1.3 came out on PS4, it's been rife with delta errors, frequent game crashes and other gameplay bugs.

LLShC.gif

had an instance in heroic FL, i had the immunizer box equipped and after switching to smart cover, none of my skills worked under the left steps. even the special was blanked out.

as for clear sky heroic, i think this incursion is the easiest. most of you already know this but have 3 players sprint to the back left side of the map and climb on top of the phone booth (kill the sniper that always runs up there) with 2 running the set that that nullifies a grenade or mortar explosion when you hit an NPC with a grenade of your own, the 3rd person will have a smart cover up (also good if they use a sentry build) while the 4th players the tank makes the runs. after that pop survival link, activate the computer and go hurdle up with the rest of the team on top of the phone booth. from there its a grind to take out the heavies and shot gunners behind you

Crap night of UG heroic

4 runs and all failures. 2 with mobs stuck in wall and the other where group all got wiped.

Loving my 4 pieces reclaimer set, just need 268 versions.

In any case I'm not sure why folks are surprised by corresponding gear-to-content being weighted. This is the way it has been since launch and will continue to be when the next expansion drops.[/QUOTE said:
I know but what I'm saying is that the Gear set I prefer is Tactician Authority and it sucks that I have to grind through the most boring and long incursion to get them. And I'mnot strong enough to do a heroic run of FL so how the hell am I supposed to get a 268 TA gear set?

Edit: sorry for the bad quote... on my phone. ..

I know but what I'm saying is that the Gear set I prefer is Tactician Authority and it sucks that I have to grind through the most boring and long incursion to get them. And I'mnot strong enough to do a heroic run of FL so how the hell am I supposed to get a 268 TA gear set?

Mix and match with gear you acquire along the way, both high-end and gear set pieces, whatever you have that gets you closest to 200K DPS, 400K Toughness, and 30K Skill Power. That should allow you to play the game in any mode well enough. To get 268 Tactician gear you will have to play lots of Underground Heroic Ops, Weekly HVT's, the Dark Zone, and/or Heroic Falcon's Lost and hopefully be on the lucky side of the spectrum.

Datk Zone bosses and supply drops. That's where I got my full set.

Lima

Gotta say now Underground is much improved now. Actually worth it to play now.

Made some improvements to my demon lord build.

Now with only 535 stamina as I pulled out my old 240 final measure holster that has only firearms and electronics.

dat 73k toughness though

Just kidding. Actually dropped from 128k toughness to 108k though as I rolled off armor on my chest.

Ted

Hi DJr.

lol

wait till you try it on Challenging on Heroic :p

Basically every strategy in this game boils down to camping or holding out a tight corner with all players huddled together under smart cover.

I'm wary of trying Challenging or Heroic incursions. Most people doing hard are just casual muppets like me having a little fun and don't seem too worried about succeeding or failing. I have however assumed C/H level incursions are filled with people who broadly know what they are doing and are not going to appreciate me, the dancing cover less random, ruining their min/maxing runs!

I guess I'll find out someday but I expect some kicking to occur before I find a group!

Heroic story missions I can do no trouble but I believe Heroic Incursion enemies are a higher level than Heroic story enemies (no idea why) so I suspect I wouldn't get wrecked by them but also wouldn't be able to do much more than tickle them in terms of damage output.

UG is not an incursion, it's a bunch of side missions in randomly generated rooms.

My crappy writing skills, I didn't think it was an incursion, I'm just looking forward it as it is more/different content.

The new incursion is Dragon's Nest which is by far the best designed one (till you get to the boss), and even there the best strategy is to find a corner and stay under smart cover.

I'm looking forward to it. Not seen a jot of it yet so hoping to be surprised. I'm a bit disappointed by the location on the map and I was hoping for a new environment entirely. Maybe something that takes us to the Intrepid or down into the West Village.

Still, new content is new content and I'm looking forward to giving it a whirl!

Have a great day agents.

PS4 Agents, save your HVT's until DLC drop on tuesday.

You'll still get Loan Star but the chance of getting a nomad/hunters from boss will be reinforced by chance of getting blind/firecrest.

TadkV.gif

You'll still get Loan Star but the chance of getting a nomad/hunters from boss will be reinforced by chance of getting blind/firecrest.

TadkV.gif

I know you are mostly joking here but over the last month I have not, nor have I heard any of my teammates get a BLIND/FireCrest piece from HVT's. That said, Lone Star is definitely alive and well.

Gotta say now Underground is much improved now. Actually worth it to play now.

Made some improvements to my demon lord build.

Now with only 535 stamina as I pulled out my old 240 final measure holster that has only firearms and electronics.

dat 73k toughness though

Just kidding. Actually dropped from 128k toughness to 108k though as I rolled off armor on my chest.

What platform do you play on?

Lima

Xbox One.

Got a sentry backpack and two reclaimer pieces last night that I can actually use. Only good like two blind and firecrest pieces.

Your mileage may vary but I'm happy now.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Crap night of UG heroic

4 runs and all failures. 2 with mobs stuck in wall and the other where group all got wiped.

Loving my 4 pieces reclaimer set, just need 268 versions.

UG on Heroic can be frustrating as hell. Like Challenging, alot of the pass/fail depends on the start location and your team. You are going to have to retreat to shotgunners initially and then be patient afterwards. So many times people underestimate the NPCs, and act like they are doing a daily mission on hard. But at times, if the level doesn't give you space to retreat/find cover/run like hell, one or two shotgunners can kill your chances.

With that said, since I added smart cover and upped my skill power, I have been doing much better. Also being a bit more vocal on the mic to tell people what not to do. Going to try some UG on Heroic tonight on X1 if anyone wants to join.

fr0st

Banned

TadkV.gif
PS4 people, how many of you are getting the DLCc or already got the season pass?

I know I'm not getting it cause underground looks boring as fuck and while dragons nest looks fun (before the boss fight) I don't think its worth $15 at all.

I have not been on a Heroic Underground that wasn't LMB. It is very frustrating to fight the same enemies every time. Add some variety please Massive..geez

PS4 people, how many of you are getting the DLCc or already got the season pass?

I know I'm not getting it cause underground looks boring as fuck and while dragons nest looks fun (before the boss fight) I don't think its worth $15 at all.

Got SP for $15 so it wasn't that bad.

I have not been on a Heroic Underground that wasn't LMB. It is very frustrating to fight the same enemies every time. Add some variety please Massive..geez

Heroic UG is almost always LMB. It's like 95% chance or something..

Heroic UG is almost always LMB. It's like 95% chance or something..

I believe it's 100% LMB, encounter wise regarding Heroic difficulty, as that has been my experience anyways. You will come across a 3-man Cleaner squad from time-to-time either already in a fight against the LMB or by themselves. I was rappelling down a rope in a transitional part of a Heroic Op in-between encounters and I got roasted by a Cleaner (sneaky bastard) as these 3-man squads seem completely random in when/where they spawn.

It's not only just the same enemies but rather how formulaic each encounter becomes. After awhile it becomes apparent that the environment they put you in is the real enemy regarding the encounters.

The potential for the Underground Ops is grand and ripe for longevity but it needs more environments with the use of all factions/enemy types as well as more difficulty directives/modifiers with ultimately a more balanced reward loot system. Treat it like the DZ in the last regard and as a major game mode for the long-run to run concurrently with the DZ as part of the end-game.

At this point I'm still playing the mode but a lot less because of the lack of randomness and already having most of what I want loot wise. I'm hoping Survival brings something new and fresh to the table but would also like to see the Underground expanded upon in the future.

http://darkzonereport.com/gearup

Any experienced players looking to help newer/weaker players with hard content and help them gear up, sign up. It's a weekend gear up event where the community (across all platforms) helps each other.

Same goes for new players, join up for the weekend to get geared up.

Why would you do this? So that next time you mm with randoms they won't be as bad :p

1Uszbq

Slow day thread. Just wanted to post this here since this little fellow hasn't shown his face in a good while!

Edit: good god... what is wrong with my damn phone?

Had a break from my main as I'm pretty happy with my character, only thing that'll improve it is a 268 sentry or tactician holster which are alluding me.

Started an Alt from scratch, really enjoying playing through the story again. It's actually good feeling weak and having to take cover,etc.

k1t4j

Reclaimer set with 40k skill power and 500 toughness is pretty fun.

I run ammo cache and smart cover, the only thing I AM missing is a decent LMG so I can feel like a true support player.

Lima

Reclaimer set with 40k skill power and 500 toughness is pretty fun.

I run ammo cache and smart cover, the only thing I AM missing is a decent LMG so I can feel like a true support player.

Reclaimer with 52k skill power, maxed out smart cover and pulse, plus 4k firearms with M1A and Caduceus.

That's a support build right there that also deals insanely high damage. Who needs toughness.

Lima

Wait since when are you able to reroll weapon talents on named weapons? How did I miss that.

Gotta put destructive on my Cadeuceus now. Self preserved gotta go.

Wait since when are you able to reroll weapon talents on named weapons? How did I miss that.

Gotta put destructive on my Cadeuceus now. Self preserved gotta go.

It was always supposed to be that way since 1.3 but didn't work as intended, they had another patch few weeks ago to fix it.

All named weapons can be re-rolled now. But only one worth re-rolling is the Cad.

Still have a pre-patch one (no built-in armor shred). The drop rate is simply ridiculous.

Lima

Yeah took me about 100 runs through Amherst's Apartment myself to get one. I really wanted the new version with enemy armor damage.

k1t4j

I just finished a Heroic Underground run with 3 stages gave me 12k exp and a bunch of 268. Took us around 30 minutes to do with 3 Reclaimers and 1 sentry.

That shit was ridiculous and super fun.

This is what the weekend has all been about, helping new/solo players gear up.

CoqJ0y3VYAAKRig.jpg

When UG comes out and you find competent players during matchmaking, be sure to thank DZR for making it possible ;)

This is what the weekend has all been about, helping new/solo players gear up.

When UG comes out and you find competent players during matchmaking, be sure to thank DZR for making it possible ;)

...but UG has been out for a month with plenty of competent players in matchmaking. Heroic Ops are pushovers...kill shotgun rushers, locate and kill snipers, kill medics, then kill LMGunners/heavies and everything else left standing...rinse and repeat for each and every encounter.

Good luck PS4 agents.

I've been playing sparingly of late (2-3 Heroic Ops per day), but I got 268 Tactician knee pads last night after a couple Heroic Ops and a great 268 Tactician holster (1050 Armor and 750+ on all three main stats) this morning after a single Heroic Op.

A player in my group this morning said a developer proclaimed that quality of gear dropped in the Underground Ops is also based on how many times a player goes down? First time I had heard this, anyone else hear this before?

Top Bottom