• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

Nice, I can't login with my main char anymore after maintenance (on PS4). Tried 6 times now, the beautiful "Delta Error"-screen is all I can see.
It's just my main char though, I can login on my alt without problems...

Great job once again, Massive.

Edit: If someone has the same problem, this works:

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/4vrelt/servers_are_up_ps4_users_should_go_to_ps_store/

This exact problem was an issue as well when the DLC dropped on Xbox One, hard to believe it's still an issue on a different platform a month later.

Audioboxer

So for AmericaGAF Massive tied this unlock to Sony updating the PSN store unlike nearly every other dev who just tied it to timer unlock for midnight on the day of release?

lol... can Massive do anything right the first time?

How long do you Americans have to wait for Sony to update the store? I'm in the UK and Sony usually update our store 12~2pm.

fr0st

Banned
So for AmericaGAF Massive tied this unlock to Sony updating the PSN store unlike nearly every other dev who just tied it to timer unlock for midnight on the day of release?

lol... can Massive do anything right the first time?

How long do you Americans have to wait for Sony to update the store? I'm in the UK and Sony usually update our store 12~2pm.
12-5pm PDT

So there's no ammo anywhere to be found in the underground? played with a group but i just rage-quit after 10 min just running around looking for ammo, cant play this anymore.. everything is just so badly designed or not working.

Audioboxer

So there's no ammo anywhere to be found in the underground? played with a group but i just rage-quit after 10 min just running around looking for ammo, cant play this anymore.. everything is just so badly designed or not working.

There is an underground mission modifier which turns off ammo drops to give you more experience. That must have been turned on. Ammo cache ability is needed to circumvent that. lol.

There's 4 other modifiers IIRC that do small things to put you at a disadvantage but give more exp.

Tratorn

There are plenty of ammo boxes, seems you missed them. :p
Even if I don't use +100% ammo from lone star I don't have any ammo issues there (at least on challenging).
Btw. it sucks that you can't change to heroic until you reach UG lvl 20... All the items you get on challenging are completely useless for end game chars.

there were ammo drop just way to little.

Ammo boxes are always in the transitional parts in-between encounters sans for a few rare exceptions. Use your Police backpack and two Lone Star pieces if available to you for extra ammo when replenishing at a Ammo box. In-between phases and at the start of each phase return to the train and replenish at the Ammo box there. You will also want to carry a weapon of each type (Assault, SMG, Marksman, Shotgun, LMG) as you might need them in certain situations if you are devoid of ammo on your most used weapons. Also, suggest someone in your group run a health station with the ammo mod.

There are plenty of ammo boxes, seems you missed them. :p
Even if I don't use +100% ammo from lone star I don't have any ammo issues there (at least on challenging).
Btw. it sucks that you can't change to heroic until you reach UG lvl 20... All the items you get on challenging are completely useless for end game chars.

What makes matters worse is the way you'll be playing up to Rank 20 (on Hard I assume to get there the quickest) to unlock Heroic is a night and day difference from the way you'll be playing on Heroic thereafter.

Edit: I see you're playing on Challenging, I just can't see that being worthwhile for 240 gear. I'd just play on Hard up to Rank 20 to get there the quickest and take my chances with the Rank-up Caches rewarding me with something useful (229 weapons and 268 gear), but that's me.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
In confused....

How do I gain ranks in underground if I need rank 5 to acces the lowest mission? Am I missing something?

I finished the first mission and I got one Directive Intel but now I can't access any operations because I need rank 5..wtf?

Edit: never mind figured it out. I had to hold square to confirm mission. A little weird because I kept pressing X confirm so it looks like it's locked out.

GazzaGSi

Ran a dozen or so UG missions on hard and got some nice items from the level up caches. Ran the incursion on hard to unlock higher difficulties and like it. Just needs a little communication towards the end to activate switches at the same time. Seems to be raining loot so my credits have finally crept back up after being broke from rolling gear. After around 4-5 hours with UG it gets the thumbs up from me so far. Looking forward to getting heroic unlocked for 268 drops in UG and farming the 4HM in the incursion.

Audioboxer

These underground caches ain't bad! 2 green. 1 deadeye mask and 1 reclaimers gloves. Both level 268. I've only ran 3 operations as well lol.

And now I just got a 268 reclaimer vest from this cache. Either these drop greens like crazy or RNG is RNGing lol.

They'll drop a lot of Gear Set items as well as new weapon types. Well, that's all they'll drop actually.

Looks like you're just two 268 Reclaimer pieces away from activating easy mode.

lol

Yeah I didn't think I was that lucky! Its just the caches from hard. Only underground rank 7.

What is so good about reclaimers?

It doesn't matter what difficulty you play on regarding the Rank-up Caches but rather what your current gear score is when you open them, I believe 225 (might be wrong) and higher gets you 268 gear and 229 weapons.

Reclaimer Gear Set...

Set Bonus (2):
+100% Support Station healing speed

Set Bonus (3):
+50% Consumables Duration

Set Bonus (4):
Talent | Reclaimer
Consumables and special ammo used now apply to the whole group and are not consumed on use.

-----------------------------

I run with it mostly now but it is incredibly over-powered especially with 2-3 other Reclaimers in the same group. You can essentially have Water, Incendiary rounds, and Explosives rounds up at nearly all times for everyone in the group. Combined with a strong smart cover(s) = easy mode on Heroic. The environments will prove problematic from time-to-time.

Downloaded DLC from the store (I own season pass), go in game, do the mission, go to the underground stairs, "DLC required". Yet I own the DLC, downloaded it, tried "buying" the DLC from the ingame store but that just gives errors.

Very disappointed in this convoluted rollout. My friends are able to play though.

Guess Ill just start ABZU or something and try again tomorrow.

Downloaded DLC from the store (I own season pass), go in game, do the mission, go to the underground stairs, "DLC required". Yet I own the DLC, downloaded it, tried "buying" the DLC from the ingame store but that just gives errors.

Very disappointed in this convoluted rollout. My friends are able to play though.

Again, this exact issue was happening a month ago on the Xbox One DLC roll-out, hard to believe.

Just got ABZU from Steam, excited to check it out as I haven't played anything like it in a while.

If you PS4 folks thing the Underground is being generous, wait until you try the Dragon Nest farming method on Heroic with the Four Horsemen. If you run it with a group focused on defense and prioritize your targets appropriately you can easily earn 4x the loot of a single phase operation for the same amount of time spent completing it.

On a side note, I've decided that I'm not going back into the Dark Zone until after it gets expanded. I went in on Saturday with a group for the first time since 1.3 dropped on PC and It's pretty much nothing but PvP squads looking to hijack extractions in the 200+ brackets. Of the four extractions we attempted, three of them ended up being hijacked by squads that simply saw that one was being called in on the map and just ran there (2,5 minutes is more than enough to traverse a third/half of the map). With the level cap still at 99 and no other objectives in the DZ, there's really no motivation to do anything for a lot of people but hijack and murder others right now which is a damn shame.

Had fun and got to lvl 8 before getting stuck on an ladder. An mine went off I think, think that was what got me stuck. Could not do anything and had to exit the entire game. Just turned off the ps4 after that. Was an long encounter as well, twenty minutes down the drain probably. My team was wiped shortly after I got stuck, was hoping an enemy would creep up and kill me but no luck.

Had fun and got to lvl 8 before getting stuck on an ladder. An mine went off I think, think that was what got me stuck. Could not do anything and had to exit the entire game. Just turned off the ps4 after that. Was an long encounter as well, twenty minutes down the drain probably. My team was wiped shortly after I got stuck, was hoping an enemy would creep up and kill me but no luck.

As long as at least one teammate is still alive you can quit the game (don't leave the group), restart it, continue, and respawn at the beginning of the phase by the train. Just like the old Destiny Nightfall trick you can use this to get out of tough situations if need be, like if the entire team is dead and surrounded by enemies except for you they can quit the game and respawn alive and well at the train after restarting and continuing.

I really like Dragon's Nest....till you get to the final room.

Why Massive why. You learned nothing from Falcon Lost?

I dunno, I like the encounter. I just wish that the time between crane activation wasn't so long. It feels like an eternity between actually getting the button pushes in sync and then having to survive a couple waves before the next activation sequence. Other than that I like the fight.

I've tried downloading the expansion throughout the day via the PS store website. The website just continues to hang after I click on Download to PS4. Pretty obnoxious.

EL CUCO

I've tried downloading the expansion throughout the day via the PS store website. The website just continues to hang after I click on Download to PS4. Pretty obnoxious.
Yeah it just spins in my download list. I'll be home in a few hours to know if it actually worked or not. I thought we downloaded it already with 1.3 tho, but I guess not.

Ashtar

Same thing happened to me what the heck massive

EL CUCO

So my game downloaded UG just fine. Actually I dont think it downloaded anything additional to what already came with 1.3

On Xbox, didn't we have to just download a little patch to unlock the content that was already downloaded? My memory is failing me again... but if so then isn't it the same thing for the PSN store?

I don't own a PS4. .. just trying to help. Ban me if this is completely idiotic.

Please don't ban me, I love you Neogaf

UG is also fucking boring. The 10 minutes it takes to do a hard operation I'd rather spend farming 4 horsemen on heroic. UG caches also dropping nothing but pure garbage.

Top Bottom