• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

Rizific

stopped playing shortly after the 2nd incursion came out. can anyone point me to a one-stop-shop to get me up to speed on what to do/where to go to gear up?

Lima

God damn didn't even realize they had a god roll G36 for sale(base damage a little low but whatevs). Need to run Lexington to farm some Phoenix I guess.

Lima

I have a brutal + destructive + skilled G36. Can't buy that with 1004 Phoenix credits :p

Damn that's pretty good. I'm going for destructive in the last slot on that one that you can buy as well. I need it in the last slot as I can't unlock it otherwise because I don't have 2200 stamina or whatever you need to activate it lol.

Lima

Man these randoms need to learn how to reclaim.

If you are in PvE and use explosive bullets you need to reevaluate your life. Either use fire bullets for CC or the best option use that delicious Aqua. A nice glass of high quality water and the whole group deals 80% more damage. Super simple stuff.

God damn didn't even realize they had a god roll G36 for sale(base damage a little low but whatevs). Need to run Lexington to farm some Phoenix I guess.

I've probably gotten 50-75 229 G36's in the Underground, they drop like candy. Surely you could get one with better base damage and re-roll a talent to your liking by playing some Underground Ops.

Edit: Although, 10.4 base damage seems pretty good as is for that particular G36 at the vendor in the Underground.

If you are in PvE and use explosive bullets you need to reevaluate your life. Either use fire bullets for CC or the best option use that delicious Aqua. A nice glass of high quality water and the whole group deals 80% more damage. Super simple stuff.

I've never understood the love for explosive rounds (sans stagger and I guess play in the DZ with marksmans) as incendiary seems better in just about every regard as they stop enemies in their tracks and keeps them out of the fight for an amount of time. Two Reclaimers running water and incendiary turns Heroic Ops into a super easy peasy mode. Of course, with how repetitive and formulaic each encounter is in Heroic Ops they're simple to begin with.

So how is underground?

OK for about two weeks-to-a-month if you are looking to gear up, however, during this time you'll most likely get everything, loot wise, you want/need and realize how repetitive and boring this supposed "random" mode is. In fact, I'd say after about 3-5 Heroic 2 Phase Ops runs you'll have seen all the mode has to offer from an environment standpoint while all the encounters are virtually the same against the same faction.

There is very little "randomness" to it and that is very disappointing for the longevity of it. In other words, I am bored to tears with it currently.

Hopefully No Man's Sky holds my attention next week as I am ready to step away from The Division for a bit with hopes for the next expansion or an update to the Underground (I don't see them changing/updating DLC significantly nor do I think they view it as a long-term game-mode).

I like teh explosions! boom boom boom! The stagger is fun.

Lima

The game runs like shit anyway. Lag spikes, frame drops, skills glitching out, sound glitching out, gun not firing, revives not working.....

My favorite is the new thing they introduced recently where the whole game freezes for half a second and then fast forwards to catch up. Looks so bad lol.

Oh and that fucking deadzone setting resetting every time you start he game. Jesus Christ on a stick.

20% extra damage for each group member means the whole group deals 20% more damage.

Damage: 100 each = 400 team
With water: 120 each = 480 team

The advantages of explosive bullets are that they make enemies stagger, you can shoot cover or near it to knock out enemies, and they cause extra damage with Chain Reaction or Demolition Expert talents.

One boss while doing heroic UG dropped us 191 and 163 items...wtf?

I've heard this happening from the random 3-man Cleaner squad that will spawn from time-to-time. Ran into one of these today (in my only run) and one of them was a named enemy to my surprise but after disposing of him he didn't drop anything. The only other time I saw a named enemy in this group it vanished right in front of me.

Are you sure it wasn't a Cleaner instead of an actual end of phase boss?

It wasn't the end boss, it was one right in the middle of the critical strike operation.

My eyes lit up seeing 2 greens, both were sentry too. Then I saw 191 and dreams shattered :(

Everyone else got 163 high ends.

It wasn't the end boss, it was one right in the middle of the critical strike operation.

My eyes lit up seeing 2 greens, both were sentry too. Then I saw 191 and dreams shattered :(

Then it must have been an enemy from the random Cleaner squad that spawns because there is only one boss per phase and that is always on the last wave (sometimes there's only one wave) at the end of the phase.

xclaw

Had something similar happen tonight.

Some straight up BS in a "loot based game". Like when do just call it quits cause Massive ain't ever gonna get it?

xclaw

The annoying part and I keep being brought back to the so called loot based game.

Spent a good 4-5 hours or so in UG on Heroic and you could count on 3 fingers the loot remotely close to our gear score. This just isn't the same in any other arpg loot game which I think they are attempting to relate to?

It's mind boggling, the game they've created but are just killing it with each weekly patch related to the loot.

Raide

Played a load of this on PC. Is the Xbox One version worth getting into? Don't have access to my gaming pc anymore.

EL CUCO

Low on PXC. Haven't been paying attention but seems like UG doesn't give much. Guess its back Heroic Lex for a while.

I just hit 30, now what do I do? I have the season pass so I got the supply drop which dropped some nice gloves and raised my gear score to 74 but I literally have no clue what to do. No one will group with me due to my low level

Heroic UG just showed me how weak my Reclaimer build really is. I was feeling myself, but got curb stomped with the quickness. My problem is not having a high enough skill power, and no Final Measure to build up my damage mitigation. My Smart Cover seems like it's not even working half the time.

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
I just got this today, is there any reason I should get underground dlc now as a new player? Or is that something that can wait until endgame

GazzaGSi

Started the game up earlier and it loaded me in the terminal, I thought that's abit odd because I logged out in the Underground. Head down the steps to the lift and it said DLC not owned Go to PS store. Fuck you I'm level 19 UG. Couldn't even be arsed to sort it out, just closed the game. Maybe a reboot is all it needs but it's just another thing on top of everything else.

Lima

Lmao I just now realized that you are fighting different enemy factions in the underground based on the difficulty lol. How have I never noticed this before? I'm UG 40.

Lmao I just now realized that you are fighting different enemy factions in the underground based on the difficulty lol. How have I never noticed this before? I'm UG 40.

Yeah, too bad that they have chosen to do it this way instead of randomizing the encounters with different factions and enemy types/roles because as it is it becomes super boring after a while.

EL CUCO

This game needs structured PvP so bad. Maybe an area in the DZ that matches you vs another group without the annoyance of NPC's.

Maybe make you fight over a supply drop that only opens after the other group is eliminated.

Top Bottom