• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

fr0st

Banned
UG is also fucking boring. The 10 minutes it takes to do a hard operation I'd rather spend farming 4 horsemen on heroic. UG caches also dropping nothing but pure garbage.
Dunno why you guys got the DLC knowing that it wasnt that good.

DN first part is good but after that it just becomes waves of enemies and falcon lost part 2.

deafmedal

Tried matchmaking for a challenge operation, got booted. Opened my privacy to all, started an operation ala heroic/challenge story missions and did jumping jacks until I was booted. lol. If I start the operation it auto changes my privacy to friends double lol. So if my buds aren't on/full I am at the mercy of idiots or on my own. For shit rewards.

*facepalm*

As long as at least one teammate is still alive you can quit the game (don't leave the group), restart it, continue, and respawn at the beginning of the phase by the train. Just like the old Destiny Nightfall trick you can use this to get out of tough situations if need be, like if the entire team is dead and surrounded by enemies except for you they can quit the game and respawn alive and well at the train after restarting and continuing.

Thanks for the tip!

xclaw

Underground is a welcoming relief of "new" content.

Until you realize there is little point to it.

Oh Massive, I adore the game (mechanics and theme) but you really don't have a clue.

GazzaGSi

Had a right blast the last 6 or 7 hours and in the later part of that had a group member kitted in Reclaimer making challenging missions a breeze. Far from min/maxed or even 268 gear items but it didn't need to be for it to be worthwhile.

Had the good and the bad from UG cache's so can't complain about them really with some gearset items I wanted and a M1A to replace my current 204 M1A.

I don't think the end of dragons nest is at all as bad as FL, yeah it's a similar design with the crane controls comparing it to the bomb on the APC and enemy waves in between but it's nowhere near as much as a slog as what FL is.

fr0st

Banned
Underground is a welcoming relief of "new" content.

Until you realize there is little point to it.

Oh Massive, I adore the game (mechanics and theme) but you really don't have a clue.
Still abffles me how you need to level up to try the higher difficulty operations.

Survival is probably more DZ focused so they have to get that right too.

xclaw

Still abffles me how you need to level up to try the higher difficulty operations.

Survival is probably more DZ focused so they have to get that right too.

Cause you ain't above 200 gear score..... #developersorsomething..

Just another minor time sink I figure, drummed up in their boardroom of elementary school programmers.

Sorry, just a tad cranky for what this game is evolving into after the dlc+ investment.

EL CUCO

Operations is cool. I hope they can expand on it and add more templates. I'd love to have the Night Club in the mix. Dragons Nest is good, but that final boss fight needs work. There's a moment where your just expected to tank the fire? Looked like it covered the entire floor at one point. Also, dat fire turret...are we supposed to just pop link and release the tank, or am I missing some other mechanic?

So how do the sealed caches work in UG? I think I get one at the end of a mission anytime i level up; do they also drop from a boss, or do they randomly drop at the end of a mission? Also does heroic up your chances of Caches or do they just give you boss drops at max GS?

fr0st

Banned
So how do the sealed caches work in UG? I think I get one at the end of a mission anytime i level up; do they also drop from a boss, or do they randomly drop at the end of a mission? Also does heroic up your chances of Caches or do they just give you boss drops at max GS?
Only Everytime you level up. 40 in total. 160 if you have 4 level 30 characters.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Almost tossed my controller at the tv yesterday. I was doing an underground, and I was in the last section fighting the names boss. After I killed the boss I realized the last enemy I had to kill was glitches behind the wall arghhhhhhh

Tried sticky bombs and I ran out of explosive ammo :/

So sad

My gear score has been 243. :|
Are you sure you got the 190/204s from your level up CACHES (opened from your inventory screen)? Because unless you re-equipped worse gear before opening them (say to load up on ammo or medlits with the police/paramedic backpack or lone star gear), that doesn't add up? Haven't heard anyone getting lower than 229/268 from UG caches once they are above that GS threshold...

It's taken me forever to get the 2 Final Measure pieces for my build, but that was before the Underground. Last night I got two of them! I was super stoked. I'm just waiting to get better versions of my Tactician's Authority before I got all in.

I also need to rank up to 50 in the DZ. I always neglect that part of the game, mostly because it's not always fun. I do need that level 32 stamina mod, though.

Underground is really good.

GazzaGSi

Are you sure you got the 190/204s from your level up CACHES (opened from your inventory screen)? Because unless you re-equipped worse gear before opening them (say to load up on ammo or medlits with the police/paramedic backpack or lone star gear), that doesn't add up? Haven't heard anyone getting lower than 229/268 from UG caches once they are above that GS threshold...

They must be the boss drops/mission rewards.
Or them chests at the end of the mission near the exit. I don't know how people can expect any better for only doing it on hard. I was surprised at the UG caches for ranking up was 229/268.

Finally got myself a 4 piece reclaimer setup, only needed acouple of rolls to get it where I wanted like skill power on the mask and armour on the chest piece. It's ace.

Oh, yeah I mean from bosses not the caches. Also all the caches I got gave me crappy stuff. I think I only got one or two worthy 268 items.

MildSoss

Never thought the slog that is Falcon lost could be beat for most terrible activity in the game then I played the second half of dragons nest. What a shit show.

Challenging underground is way too much especially coming from hard.
Get your gear score up so that your base stats are good (aim for 730+ on whatever main stat you have - Firearms, Stamina, Electronics). Play with a team that has at least one person with a good smart cover. If someone has Reclaimer, it's way easier. Always know where you can retreat to before engaging enemies. Always take it slow. Never be afraid to pop Survival Link to survive a shotgun rush. That's what I focused on when making the jump from Hard to Heroic (I skipped Challenging as I heard heroic wasn't that much tougher) and it's served me well. With random groups, I'd say I tend to finish 2-3 phase operations 75% of the time.

It's jarring coming from Hard because of play-style (in and out of cover, etc), you just have to change completely how you play, that's all.

Just as I've been saying for weeks, play on Hard w/Directives until you hit Rank 20 to get there the quickest (sale all 182/214 drops to earn re-rolling credit, hope for Rank-up Caches to provide something worthwhile in the meantime), then go to Heroic for the 229/268 goodness. Once geared with good stats you'll be laughing at yourself for saying Challenging is too hard as Heroic Ops become complete pushovers and formulaic with an insane amount of rinsing and repeating for something that is supposed to be procedurally generated and random.

I actually really liked challenging Underground. I didn't have too much of an issue with it, but that was literally the first thing I played after finishing the first mission.

fr0st

Banned
Get your gear score up so that your base stats are good (aim for 730+ on whatever main stat you have - Firearms, Stamina, Electronics). Play with a team that has at least one person with a good smart cover. If someone has Reclaimer, it's way easier. Always know where you can retreat to before engaging enemies. Always take it slow. Never be afraid to pop Survival Link to survive a shotgun rush. That's what I focused on when making the jump from Hard to Heroic (I skipped Challenging as I heard heroic wasn't that much tougher) and it's served me well. With random groups, I'd say I tend to finish 2-3 phase operations 75% of the time.
I don't need to get my GS up lol. I solo the challening underground (no directives) but coming from hard the difficulty spike is way too much.

Also the xp difference isn't very huge so it'd better to do hard until you unlock heroic.

What did I miss? I stopped playing after the first incursion what do I need to do now?

Play and progress through Underground Ops (first expansion/DLC) to get geared up. Once geared up go back and play Falcon's Lost and the new Incursions (Clear Sky and Dragon's Nest) on Heroic difficulty (may want to play Hard first to somewhat familiarize yourself with the Incursion but Heroic will be completely different anyways in regards to play-style and offers the real end-game loot). Tip-toe into the Dark Zone...

There are also a couple new Challenging Story Missions in addition to the one's you probably played as well as a new Heroic difficulty for those same missions that you might want to check out.

There have been a number of changes to the game for someone who has not played since the 1.1 version but some of the additions include the ability to re-roll weapon talents and a total of 12 Gear Sets.

Operations is cool. I hope they can expand on it and add more templates. I'd love to have the Night Club in the mix. Dragons Nest is good, but that final boss fight needs work. There's a moment where your just expected to tank the fire? Looked like it covered the entire floor at one point. Also, dat fire turret...are we supposed to just pop link and release the tank, or am I missing some other mechanic?

Mechanic lol

SC and Immunizer negates everything. Just sit back and kill infinitely spawning enemies till the controls are ready to be activated. For the final one, pop survival and run, don't bother killing enemies.

Nah, not really. Run and gun everything. Reclaimer for the win.

Play and progress through Underground Ops (first expansion/DLC) to get geared up. Once geared up go back and play Falcon's Lost and the new Incursions (Clear Sky and Dragon's Nest) on Heroic difficulty (may want to play Hard first to somewhat familiarize yourself with the Incursion but Heroic will be completely different anyways in regards to play-style and offers the real end-game loot). Tip-toe into the Dark Zone...

There are also a couple new Challenging Story Missions in addition to the one's you probably played as well as a new Heroic difficulty for those same missions that you might want to check out.

There have been a number of changes to the game for someone who has not played since the 1.1 version but some of the additions include the ability to re-roll weapon talents and a total of 12 Gear Sets.

Thanks , I will try get geared but most of my friend fleed so I guess I gotta deal with pubs

I don't need to get my GS up lol. I solo the challening underground (no directives) but coming from hard the difficulty spike is way too much.

Also the xp difference isn't very huge so it'd better to do hard until you unlock heroic.
If you mean the difficulty spike is too much for solo, I agree, since the shotgunners/snipers downing you so quick is weighted really hard against a player that can't be revived as easily/consistently as when grouped up. Then again, as much as I like being able to play things solo, I'm also okay with the harder difficulty/harder missions needing a group, since the game is way more fun when working together. But yeah, for groups, once you're geared in decent 268s and 229s, if your group is doing what I outlined, it shouldn't be too difficult (just as heroic becomes pretty easy once you understand the flow/when to retreat and pick off enemies/when to pop the buffs for shotgunner rushes, etc.).

Just got a 4 piece Reclaimer set...whoo boy is it op! I'm not even properly min maxed yet, all pieces are 214 except for one 268, and man does it make a difference to the team. I kind of want to try DN Heroic farming, but I'm afraid that I'm not quite there yet gear wise for farming. Hoping I can score some 268s from UG caches.

Ruthles, I need to group up with you someday for heroic FL or DN... haven't done them yet. :p

I'll probably be doing DN farm later in the week.

It's there a gaf ps4 message group so I can join less random douchebags? Sirshizznit is my PSN name

Added you.

Just got a 4 piece Reclaimer set...whoo boy is it op! I'm not even properly min maxed yet, all pieces are 214 except for one 268, and man does it make a difference to the team. I kind of want to try DN Heroic farming, but I'm afraid that I'm not quite there yet gear wise for farming. Hoping I can score some 268s from UG caches.

Spec into electronics with Reclaimer. It's great for a support build.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
VEEERY late to the party. Is there anyone here willing to help and give pointers to a total newbie? Just bought the game, hahahah. For PS4.

Haven't bought the DLC yet--people say it's for high-level warriors anyways so I'll buy it later.

Anyone willing to add me in PSN? LaughingBanana is my PSN name.

Any help would be appreciated; especially in Dark Zone so that I know I can trust someone to watch my back without worrying he or she will shoot me in the back during loot extraction, hahah.

I'd love to have a recalibration station in the UG. Or at least in the other area between UG and the Boo. They put a crafting station there but not recalibration station. Why??

That's 2 loading screen from UG to the recalibration station... please Massive.

I'd love to have a recalibration station in the UG. Or at least in the other area between UG and the Boo. They put a crafting station there but not recalibration station. Why??

That's 2 loading screen from UG to the recalibration station... please Massive.

Probably because it's tied to the Tech wing and is something the players have to unlock is my guess but yes it sucks.

I don't know where to go from here with this game as I've run into the same problem I always do with these types of games...nothing interesting to use all that gear on that you earned by, well, playing the game.

I really don't even acknowledge that PvP even exist and the DZ does little for me in the ways of PvE.

The Incursions get boring after so many runs and I have no need to farm for anything.

Which leads me to the Underground Ops, after a few weeks-month worth of play you'll have everything you want loot wise with very little incentive to keep playing the same encounters over and over. All I heard was how these Operations were going to be randomly generated and similar to Diablo III's adventure/rift mode. The reality? No, all you get is around 10 (maybe) different playspaces with the same encounters (shotgun rushers, snipers, medics, rifleman, LMG, heavies and if at end of phase a boss) from the same faction (LMB). The only way they mix it up is sometimes they leave the shotgunners out and they have more frequently spawned what I call the Goon Squad (the 3-man Cleaner squad). This mode could be so much more if they randomly generated the encounters from both a faction and structure standpoint on Heroic difficulty to mix up the encounters. As it stands it's just rinse and repeat with only having to manage the environments (where to get cover, etc) and nothing to use that new fine tuned gear set or overall setup on sans the same stuff over and over.

At minimum add something like an endless encounter mode where they continuously get harder yet is finely tuned for solo and up to four player co-op with leaderboards and rewards. Either keep this in the Underground or separate entirely using the early great idea of going up floor-to-floor in a skyscraper with increasingly difficult encounters.

I would also still like to see the Heroic Story missions have a rotating weekly mission (think Destiny Nightfalls) in which the enemies are Level 35 and have the all the Directives active from the Underground Ops for a end-game level reward and vanity item once per week. These are the kind of weekly activities I want just as an example.

I really need to get that DZ stamina blueprint, but every time I check it's not for sale. Is Darkzoned.com not updated anymore?

Also, can I get some advice from other Tankticians out there? My EDR is at 65% at the moment. When I get my blueprint, should I be trying to roll stamina + EDR or something else?

My toughness is currently at 365K + 65% armor mitigation and 34K skill power. I'm trying to get my toughness to, at least, 500K.

I really need to get that DZ stamina blueprint, but every time I check it's not for sale. Is Darkzoned.com not updated anymore?

Also, can I get some advice from other Tankticians out there? My EDR is at 65% at the moment. When I get my blueprint, should I be trying to roll stamina + EDR or something else?

My toughness is currently at 365K + 65% armor mitigation and 34K skill power. I'm trying to get my toughness to, at least, 500K.
With the level 32 stamina mod, I usually do stamina + skill power since the way skill power scales, it's a really high boost % wise compared to most of the other things you can add. I'm at 35k skillpower and compared to folks who have 40k+ I can definitely see a huge difference in terms of the power of their smart covers/pulses, etc. Also, I'd really try to get that armor up to 75% if possible.

65% EDR is fine, no need to invest in any more honestly. Mods with +skillpower is the way to go.

Get your armor mitigation up to 75% first, that is way more important.

I usually play in a group, so my Tactician's Authority is almost always up, so my 34K turns into 70K, which maxes out everything. I feel like going any higher than that would be a waste?

I wasn't too worried about my armor mitigation because I'm mostly behind smart cover, and my vest had a talent that gave 48% more armor when in cover, so it boosted me up to 75% mitigation. I could sit there and tank everything. Now that I switched to the Final Measure stuff, I don't have that luxury.

Thanks for the advice! I'll work on mitigation first.

Kemal86

I know this is salty as fuck, but seriously: How many times in a row being kicked from UG groups after 1 second before I can get a refund on my season pass? I can't belive that in 2016 a major, AAA online game was released that lets any shitstain unilaterally boot people from the game.

I insta-failed 3 Hard UG Missions in a row because a shotgunner snuck up on me. Each time about 10 minutes wasted. No XP, No Reward, No Second Chance. I get nothing. Good day sir. So I decide to try and group up. My gear score is 207. The recommended GS for Hard is 160. It matches me with GS 240+ players who have 3 directives turned on and then they kick me in 1 second. Fuck this game.

I know this is salty as fuck, but seriously: How many times in a row being kicked from UG groups after 1 second before I can get a refund on my season pass? I can't belive that in 2016 a major, AAA online game was released that lets any shitstain unilaterally boot people from the game.

I insta-failed 3 Hard UG Missions in a row because a shotgunner snuck up on me. Each time about 10 minutes wasted. No XP, No Reward, No Second Chance. I get nothing. Good day sir. So I decide to try and group up. My gear score is 207. The recommended GS for Hard is 160. It matches me with GS 240+ players who have 3 directives turned on and then they kick me in 1 second. Fuck this game.
I ran with a dude recently who was 194 GS. A guy on the team immediately wanted me to kick him, but I said no; we all have to start somewhere and the guy might have a viable build. Sure enough, he's pulsing, dropping support stations, and reviving like a motherfucker. He never went down, but he picked me up about 3 times. He knew he wasn't a tank or dps monster, so he did what he could to keep us in the fight. People are too caught up into the numbers game, and half the time it doesn't mean shit.

EL CUCO

Lol I got kicked from 3 different groups for having a GS of 234. It doesn't bother me. It most likely means those players suck anyways, so you're probably better off.

Top Bottom