• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

darkwing

I would strongly suggest keeping hold of your stuff and waiting a month for the next content drop

If they release new stuff you would get back into you would kick yourself for wasting your currency on gear which will be outdated by the time you return

this is a good idea

MikeyMike

I would strongly suggest keeping hold of your stuff and waiting a month for the next content drop

If they release new stuff you would get back into you would kick yourself for wasting your currency on gear which will be outdated by the time you return

I guess you're right... wouldn't have thought about replaying Destiny someday but the recent update is tempting. Might do the same with Division.

Come on now... I haven't been grinding for nothing. Would like to see if I get lucky with crafting.
Hold onto whatever mats you have currently. Wait to see if massive is going to fix this mess, especially if you're going to revisit destiny or other games in the interim.

That's what I'll be doing- revisiting destiny. The dz is still fun, but crafting and chasing crap items from the incursion is pointless. Anything I gain will be saved for later.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
so PC are pointless now? (unless they added new blueprints to BoO.
Not really they added Blueprints to the BoO and all DZ Safehouses but the Blueprints in the Safehouses only require DZ Currency and a DZ Lv Requirements now and also they said that Blueprints will start rotating.

Horohoro

Whats the fastest mission to kill a named enemy?

The police academy glitch still works just do the mission once and leave a mobility cover in the doorway and restart the mission. You can then just keep going through the door activating the echo and killing the boss. Till it's patched at least. With a team of 4 you can finish it in about 1minute.

Tawpgun

I still need to try other strats and I haven't done challenge mode. It's a bit of a let down it isn't grander in scale, but for a more mechnically complex horde mode, or something similar to Prison of Elders from Destiny, it's pretty good, MECHANICS wise.

The execution is terrible though. This is partially because the play space is garbage, but its compounded by the fact that enemies spawn from LITERALLY EVERY SIDE OF THE ROOM. I don't understand what the intended strategies are supposed to be? My team beat it by turtling in that middle pit where enemies can't reach you well, and just rushing the APC using survivor link at the last wave. Cool strat? It was literally more boring than a challenge mode mission.

I would have made it so enemies spawn near the APC, from the left, right, and back. But their spawns are telegraphs (maybe lights or something when doors are opening) that way there is always ONE area to defend. Keeps you moving, but gives you room to operate

Someone let me know if they have a different strategy.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
It happened.

JkN851p.png

The police academy glitch still works just do the mission once and leave a mobility cover in the doorway and restart the mission. You can then just keep going through the door activating the echo and killing the boss. Till it's patched at least. With a team of 4 you can finish it in about 1minute.
Lmao. This kind of stuff wouldn't be necessary if they didn't hamstring getting loot and obliterate crafting.

But I do enjoy the lengths the community always goes to in finding the shortest path possible to getting items, not just here, but in any game.

cakely

So, the new endgame is ... grind to DZ level 75 to buy the AUG blueprint and then farm mats for a good roll for it?

That sounds ... alot like the old endgame, but 25 levels higher.

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivisio...om_musings_of_an_mmo_agent_aka_massive_might/

This is a really well done write up that outlines a lot of the issues with the newest patch.

Massive wants to drain all our materials and funds and force a hard reset of the game on everyone. Along with the higher cost of everything, it will lead to a longer grind and there we have it.

The update has been a huge dissapointment for me and for many. The backpack glitch and character deletion are some of the worst bugs a game like this has ever had.

I don't really know how to feel.

Also, you can't do Incursions on alt characters and get the bonuses, it locks you out for a week on any alt, so you're screwed.

This is bordering on surreal. This game was heading in the direction of vanilla D3 and Destiny year 1 from the get go. Design choices that ranged from puzzling, to out right stupid. It felt like this game was being made in a bizzaro world where they could take inspiration from D3 and Destiny, but somehow completely ignore the troubled early days of both games and repeat the exact same mistakes! So, 1.1 started to maybe, maybe steer the ship in the right direction. More loot drops, gear up by playing the game, crafting is a last resort, drops, drops, drops, that's the game! Yes, yes! Ok Massive, sounds good, sounds like you don't have your head up the ass. No one wants to craft all their gear and play box opening simulator. They acknowledge this, explicitly state how they are going to change this, and then we get this pile of shit. Not only is crafting still the end game, the two best weapons in the two best weapon classes, at the highest GS, are only available through crafting..... Seriously. How do you fuck up something so bad? HE drops are still a trickle, not nearly enough to balance crafting v. drop rates. There is no way you gear up via drops right now. Not even close. Oh and but all dem HE mats right? No not really. Your average play sessions of doing dailies, maybe a few CM runs after the dailies, you maybe, maybe will have the right mat combinations from deconstructing all of your 163 drops to craft one weapon or piece of gear.

What the hell? I am just baffled. They are steering this game right into the shitter. I am not going to play a game for 15 hours a week with no progress. That isn't fun. I don't have a leet squad of buddies to farm Incursions and DZ all week.

that's not how Software development and Fixing stuff works and you know it

No we don't, but we can see what they prioritize and it sends a message to the community that fixing stuff like that is more important than game breaking bugs.

It isn't our job to know programming, it is theirs and they get paid for it.

A month to fix the backpack glitch is fucking ridiculous.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Better nerf HE drop rates in CM before we fix any deleted accounts! Highest priority? LMAO
The only way this would be a fair thing to say is if the issue was present before the hotfix but the hotfix IS what triggered the issue so this doesn't apply.

Bizazedo

So do you guys think these are malicious changes, as in, thought out and intentional?

Or.

Do you think they're just really, really bad at math?

Someone let me know if they have a different strategy.

We went up the stairs on the right and held up near the turbines. More space to move around, higher ground so better angles at enemies and very easy to shoot down drones.

Though this was pre-fix. Now if the APC will keep on bombarding you, then I guess the central tunnel or the left side of the room, below the stairs might be the best spot.

Related: do named enemies roaming the city (not the DZ) drop HE now, too?

Yup.

This is bordering on surreal. This game was heading in the direction of vanilla D3 and Destiny year 1 from the get go. Design choices that ranged from puzzling, to out right stupid. It felt like this game was being made in a bizzaro world where they could take inspiration from D3 and Destiny, but somehow completely ignore the troubled early days of both games and repeat the exact same mistakes! So, 1.1 started to maybe, maybe steer the ship in the right direction. More loot drops, gear up by playing the game, crafting is a last resort, drops, drops, drops, that's the game! Yes, yes! Ok Massive, sounds good, sounds like you don't have your head up the ass. No one wants to craft all their gear and play box opening simulator. They acknowledge this, explicitly state how they are going to change this, and then we get this pile of shit. Not only is crafting still the end game, the two best weapons in the two best weapon classes, at the highest GS, are only available through crafting..... Seriously. How do you fuck up something so bad? HE drops are still a trickle, not nearly enough to balance crafting v. drop rates. There is no way you gear up via drops right now. Not even close. Oh and but all dem HE mats right? No not really. Your average play sessions of doing dailies, maybe a few CM runs after the dailies, you maybe, maybe will have the right mat combinations from deconstructing all of your 163 drops to craft one weapon or piece of gear.

What the hell? I am just baffled. They are steering this game right into the shitter. I am not going to play a game for 15 hours a week with no progress. That isn't fun. I don't have a leet squad of buddies to farm Incursions and DZ all week.

You can't farm Incursions anyway, you'll just get the APC drop which doesn't guarantee anything and you can't even do it on alts to get the weekly bonus on each character. So they've made it even WORSE than Destiny since alts are encouraged and you can get the weekly rewards on each character for ALL activities from Nightfalls to Raids.

Massive needs to wake the fuck up and realize that bottlenecking progression and lying to the community just makes people leave.

People are leaving...is that what they want?

Horohoro

Lmao. This kind of stuff wouldn't be necessary if they didn't hamstring getting loot and obliterate crafting.

But I do enjoy the lengths the community always goes to in finding the shortest path possible to getting items, not just here, but in any game.

I'd argue it's partially the nature of the beast. In a game where the point of the competition is to be stronger than the other guy and you get that way by crafting items/finding new items by any rng process the shortest means to an end always win out. And it beats doing the same 10-15minute activity countless times by shortening the process a bit...

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
that's not how Software development and Fixing stuff works and you know it

Software also should include exhaustive test cases and quality control.
The amount of bugs and glitches present since launch indicates that there is a lack of both at some point in the process.

edit for an example:
Hard coding the daily mission schedule into the client. That is stupid bordering on incompetent.
First rule of any network related programming is to never, ever rely on or trust the client.

So do you guys think these are malicious changes, as in, thought out and intentional?

Or.

It really is hard to tell, I think they are all malicious, they want a hard reset of everyone's currencies and gear.

I exploited BK and grinded the game into the ground and got a damn good build (I was GS 181 when the patch hit, now 193) but I didn't stop playing.

There is this weird anxiety with these developers that they don't want people to progress and enjoy the game for some weird fucking reason. There isn't a monthly sub and if you're banking on bottlnecking people to sell more season passes that is just fucked up but still doesn't add up to a monthly sub price.

It makes no sense.

Selling a weapon that is 60 PxC below the cap, 940, come on Massive. Increasing the price of vanity items by 5x as well. None of it makes sense.

ChrisW

Or.

I think that the launch issues of the BK exploit and others caused them to change their year one plans which they originally had planned.

Because people were levelling up too fast and getting the best gear too quickly I think they have made the drastic changes to try and slow people down.

I don't think these mats changes were ever intentional

Massive needs to wake the fuck up and realize that bottlenecking progression and lying to the community just makes people leave.

The funny or sad thing is, I don't know if Massive realizes this.

I doubt they're twirling their mustaches and laughing about how grindy the game is...I just don't know what they're thinking. Maybe they thought tossing us HEs would placate us, but in a game that is so stat-heavy, they HAVE to know that we would realize "wut this gear is not great" or that GS is bullshit and nonsensical.

Bungie, and now Massive, keep trying to go too far in carving out a "new" place, reinventing too many wheels. It's like they're afraid to embrace their loot and/or MMO heritage, countless games that have done this before and done it better.

So I tried out the HM Incursion last night after the hotfix and Jesus Christ it's like a grenade/missile party in there. The waves with multiple grenadiers are insane. You literally have 0 time to shoot anything because you are constantly rolling away from red spots. I can't even imagine what CM would be like. Ridiculous.

Wait, what? Is this true?

OMFG I'm dying laughing....all those who grinded alts RIP!

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivisio...om_musings_of_an_mmo_agent_aka_massive_might/

Yeah its in the reddit post I put above.

Another glitch within this endgame activity is that, upon finishing the fight on Challenge mode with one character (getting bonus rewards), that's it. If you bring an alt, you don't get the bonus. Some have suggested that "changing the session/leader when starting a new Incursion" fixes this.
Essentially - the "fix" is an exploit - which is what players did weeks ago when Bullet King died "in their game" - so they had to use someone else's session to find him alive again.

Is it a glitch or intentional? We don't know yet. Also it hasn't been easily replicated, so going into another person's instance doesn't work.

The funny or sad thing is, I don't know if Massive realizes this.

I doubt they're twirling their mustaches and laughing about how grindy the game is...I just don't know what they're thinking. Maybe they thought tossing us HEs would placate us, but in a game that is so stat-heavy, they HAVE to know that we would realize "wut this gear is not great" or that GS is bullshit and nonsensical.

Bungie, and now Massive, keep trying to go too far in carving out a "new" place, reinventing too many wheels. It's like they're afraid to embrace their loot and/or MMO heritage, countless games that have done this before and done it better.

I am an avid Destiny player as well and the newest patch is amazing.

Easily get your characters to almost the max Light (330-335) on day one. It is very similar to the endgame in House of Wolves, which was quick and very rewarding.

This patch for The Division is the complete opposite.

Xion_Stellar

People are leaving...is that what they want?
The only thing that initially bothered me was the Crafting nerf but in actuality it's not as bad as I thought it would be and as for the rest of the game there's a few bumps that need to be ironed out but they are not unfixable so for now I will reserve my judgement of the game until they release content I actually paid for (I'm a Gold Edition player) since I don't feel like throwing a tantrum or being reactive over free content.

I am an avid Destiny player as well and the newest patch is amazing.

Easily get your characters to almost the max Light (330-335) on day one. It is very similar to the endgame in House of Wolves, which was quick and very rewarding.

This patch for The Division is the complete opposite.

Sounds like I'll need to hop back into Destiny.

Lima

We went up the stairs on the right and held up near the turbines. More space to move around, higher ground so better angles at enemies and very easy to shoot down drones.

Though this was pre-fix. Now if the APC will keep on bombarding you, then I guess the central tunnel or the left side of the room, below the stairs might be the best spot.

Yup.

No because the APC bombards that room also. It doesn't even have an angle or line of sight. Pulls some stupid Wanted shit and curves those missiles. Basically the only place safe from the APC is now in the middle underground. But NPCs fuck you up down there. It's pretty stupid.

I feel like I want to take the spreadsheet of all of the talents and gear stats and label them as; must have, useful, worthless, and broken/bugged. I bet there will barely be anything in the must have and useful category.

Haruko

so PC are pointless now? (unless they added new blueprints to BoO.

They added a few.

I grabbed the Custom M44 one for like 160-170 PxC, and crafted 3 or 4. I got one with Balanced/Intense/Harmful that I'm enjoying at the moment.

Doesn't require Div Tech to craft like the old Custom M44 one.

for now I will reserve my judgement of the game until they release content I actually paid for (I'm a Gold Edition player) since I don't feel like throwing a tantrum or being reactive over free content.

I feel like this is a harmful stance to take. More and more games are giving "free" content, i.e., content funded by microtransactions. Simply because you personally didn't pay for it, doesn't mean we should accept it without criticism. "It's the thought that counts" is helpful to no one.

Even disregarding that, it's still content for a game that you paid for.

No because the APC bombards that room also. It doesn't even have an angle or line of sight. Pulls some stupid Wanted shit and curves those missiles. Basically the only place safe from the APC is now in the middle underground. But NPCs fuck you up down there. It's pretty stupid.

So the only way to survive now is to just bunch up in the underground and take pot shots at the adds?

Lima

So wait you can't get the hard drop with an alt as well or just the challenging one? Is this confirmed somewhere other than that one reddit post? I wanted to grind out some alts today.

phen0m24

If he just wants to kill a named enemy wouldn't that be enough? ;) Run the mission on hard, kill the boss, loot obtained.

fr0st

Banned
So wait you can't get the hard drop with an alt as well or just the challenging one? Is this confirmed somewhere other than that one reddit post? I wanted to grind out some alts today.
I think the party leader needs to have not done the weekly rewards for everyone in the group to get it.

Xion_Stellar

I feel like this is a harmful stance to take. More and more games are giving "free" content, i.e., content funded by microtransactions. Simply because you personally didn't pay for it, doesn't mean we should accept it without criticism. "It's the thought that counts" is helpful to no one.

Even disregarding that, it's still content for a game that you paid for.
Well it's just my way at looking at things and sure nothing is "truthfully" free in this world but the patch is free in the sense that players didn't pay for it.

However just because it's free it doesn't become immune to critism but I feel like once has to word their opinion appropriately or else they may come off as entitled.

Top Bottom