• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

Tratorn

Yes, tomorrow. Hamish said on stream they have big news coming up...

What? When? He said the direct opposite when I watched the stream (didn't watch that much but would be weird if he changed his opinion that fast). He said they have plans for a bigger overhaul of the game, but it will take some time and we shouldn't expect much from this weeks SOTG. It will be just a catch-up.

What? When? He said the direct opposite when I watched the stream (didn't watch that much but would be weird if he changed his opinion that fast). He said they have plans for a bigger overhaul of the game, but it will take some time and we shouldn't expect much from this weeks SOTG. It will be just a catch-up.

He said big things coming up....wasn't specific about them being disclosed at SotG.

Anyway, SotG starts in few minutes:

https://www.twitch.tv/thedivisiongame

SotG tl;dr

we know this is broken
we know that is broken
we know about the bugs
we know about the rewards
we know.....blah blah blah

some irrelevant stats:

1% of all UG active players made it to rank 40.
other useless stats of how few players have played incursions, crossed 230 GS etc etc

BIG D*CKS

/end

jbortz78

SotG tl;dr

we know this is broken
we know that is broken
we know about the bugs

some irrelevant stats:

other useless stats of how few players have played incursions, crossed 230 GS etc etc

BIG D*CKS

/end

Awesome so nothing new....! Im speechless to how ignorant they seem... Fix your game please mkey.

SotG tl;dr

we know this is broken
we know that is broken
we know about the bugs

some irrelevant stats:

BIG D*CKS

/end

Wow. My gametime with Division has dropped rapidly. went back to Destiny last night to find Iron Banner running and had a blast.

Klyka

Banned
Awesome so nothing new....! Im speechless to how ignorant they seem... Fix your game please mkey.

Wait, how does saying that they know what is wrong mean they are ignorant?
Doesn't that actually mean the exact opposite? I don't understand.
Ignorant would be if they said "Why you guys complaining? Shit's good"

Not detailing what they are going to do is not "being ignorant"

jbortz78

Wait, how does saying that they know what is wrong mean they are ignorant?
Doesn't that actually mean the exact opposite? I don't understand.
Ignorant would be if they said "Why you guys complaining? Shit's good"

Not detailing what they are going to do is not "being ignorant"

Well since they:

Still seem to think GS is a good measurement for grouping or how good your gear is. They dont fix smart cover..
DZ getting worse after every patch
And everything was Lone Star/BLind/Firecrest etc.

So many things are wrong with the game, and just beacuse they keep saying that they know this and that are broken, they constantly ignore it..

All this is of course my own opinion and I still really hope Massive get their shit together.

Im tired of running 4 horsemen farm cause that gives me the best chance of new gear, and Im dissapointed and tired of the UG already (PS4) for being repetive, giving soo much crappy gear, and everything being LMB on heroic etc..

Last night, I encoutered a new glitch. In UG, i was activating a generator when someone else also did activate it and pushed me in the generator!

I couldn't move or shoot enemies. completely stuck in it! fortunately I had enough grenades to kill myself and respawn out of there...

man....

Brakara

Well since they:

Still seem to think GS is a good measurement for grouping or how good your gear is. They dont fix smart cover..
DZ getting worse after every patch
And everything was Lone Star/BLind/Firecrest etc.

So many things are wrong with the game, and just beacuse they keep saying that they know this and that are broken, they constantly ignore it..

Well, they've been on vacation, so it's not like they've had time to fix anything in awhile. And Blind/Firecrest has, if not fixed, at least been improved (as in other drops occur now).

Confirming all the issues and not announcing new shit right now is actually good, IMHO. Fix the issues first (at least the main ones), then release the next DLC.

Lima

Well, they've been on vacation, so it's not like they've had time to fix anything in awhile. And Blind/Firecrest has, if not fixed, at least been improved (as in other drops occur now).

Confirming all the issues and not announcing new shit right now is actually good, IMHO. Fix the issues first (at least the main ones), then release the next DLC.

Then maybe they shouldn't have gone on vacation leaving game in such a broken state. I work in the IT industry. I would not have a job anymore if we pulled such a stunt.

Just watched the first half of the Stream and the number of times they said "not fun..." is kinda alarming...

good thing is they know about all the issues and they will be working on them. I still have faith in them and the game.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football

In one form or another, they have acknowledged most of this stuff in the past. They have either said they are working on it or said that it isn't a problem. So them coming out they are aware of all the issues en masse doesn't mean anything to me. If they actually say something is fixed, then I will pay attention.

What some of you are failing to remember is they played all these modes and changes and thought it was good. So why do you have faith that it is going to be any better now? These are the same people who have a warped sense of what a game is supposed to be, IMO. They are now recognizing that substantial parts of the game aren't fun, hell months ago they were bragging how hard some of the stuff is and how you have to use work arounds or to complete them. Did they ever stop to think that people don't play games to be frustrated? They wore that frustration like a badge of honor on some streams.

I loved the story mode, love the "living" city they created, love the gunplay, but everything related to the end game has turned into a complete grindfest of a mess. I have switched over to Overwatch and went back to Halo for my gaming needs. With all the hours that I have put into The Division I can't say that I didn't get my money's worth. I definitely have. But this could have been so much better.

Brakara

Then maybe they shouldn't have gone on vacation leaving game in such a broken state. I work in the IT industry. I would not have a job anymore if we pulled such a stunt.

I guess you don't live in Scandinavia. People are expected to take at least 3 weeks of summer vacation (out of 5 weeks in total). Also, people have families, and kids are out of school and kindergarten. Not taking a summer vacation is often not an option.

I also work in the IT industry, and there's *never* a good time to take a vacation.

EL CUCO

I like what I heard from SOTG. I honestly have never heard any other dev be this brutaly honest about their game.

It's a shame we'll all be on to other games by the time they actually fix it.

fr0st

Banned
I like what I heard from SOTG. I honestly have never heard any other dev be this brutaly honest about their game.

It's a shame we'll all be on to other games by the time they actually fix it.
Evolve guys were pretty honest about their game tpwhen they made it F2P

GazzaGSi

They seemed defeated in the STOT.
Body language and the sighs didn't fill me with confidence at all that it'll get fixed.

The penny finally dropped with regards to loot and levelling, that you should get challenging gear level from hard and heroic gear level from challenging so you actually get better gear so you're equipped ready for the next difficulty level to stand a chance completing it.

They don't even know themselves how to fix it and then there's the more complex problems fixing skills bugging out etc.

The 1% at level 40 in UG explains 2 things, it gets pretty boring quick and the loot/reward isn't worth it so people didn't see it through, simple. At least running in the DZ you get a variety of enemies!

We've had decent weather here in the UK the last few days so I haven't been on, it's been the first time since release where I'm not actually bothered if I pick it up again or not, shame really as I do really enjoy it and play with a great bunch of guys but when I look back at my gear improvements and the time I've put in over the last couple of months I wonder why I bothered, except for the catchup with the guys I game with on it.

ISOM

I dropped this game around the time Overwatch came out. I would pick it up again if they established some legit type of team based pvp and not the free for all it still is right now.

Brakara

We're waiting for the real Division to launch. No sense in passing any trouble with it now. When they balance out the end game NPC's properly and include a PvP arena I'll be back on day one.

I just want loot drops and difficulty balanced. Played more than an hour yesterday with a friend grinding underground to level up, and just got a shitty rolled 229 sniper rifle from the cache (everything else was 182/214 and sold off).

There's basically zero reason to play until they make it somewhat worthwhile our time.

EL CUCO

Hamish via twitter
State of the Game for tomorrow will be in a new timeslot: 6pm CEST. Join me and @yannickbch for the latest news.
Looks like SOTG will be noon time tomorrow for us 'Murican folk in EST.

dskillzhtown

I just want loot drops and difficulty balanced. Played more than an hour yesterday with a friend grinding underground to level up, and just got a shitty rolled 229 sniper rifle from the cache (everything else was 182/214 and sold off).

There's basically zero reason to play until they make it somewhat worthwhile our time.

This is where I am. Though I have thought about creating a new character and going through the 1-30 grind again.

EL CUCO

Wolfe

I haven't touched this game in weeks (if not a month or two), the 1-30 was actually what got me willing to support them and buy the Season Pass, shit was fun.

Lol what a waste.

Ted

In other news, I finally got a half decent (and I do mean half) reclaimer set for an alt.

Nothing is rolled quite right so it's a bit of a hotchpotch but balls to that, it's great fun serving up fiery bullets of staggering doom for your whole team for most of the time.

Rucksack does't look half bad either.

dskillzhtown

Update 1.4 in October, Survival delayed to....later

I am sure people will be patient and not move on to other games. /s

Ya know, people told them for months that the game had issues, but they ignored them until the player base (and potential DLC buyers) dropped to anemic levels. NOW you want to do something? okay.

fr0st

Banned
Quality of Life changes coming:

Run in the BoO - no more forced slow walking
Craft all button
Buyback from vendors
Weapon skins taking up inventory space

Should have been in since launch.

Just shows you how they "listen" to the community.

also PS4 DLC delayed even more right?

Top Bottom