• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

fr0st

Banned
Anyone know who's confirmed going to Sweden?

Skill up
Marcostyle

Some other Reddit people are also going.

Breazy should be there too if he could come.

EL CUCO

Inigo from Streamerhouse is going. I think Chappie is as well, since he recently tweeted a pic of his passport.

Also, new page hype! This one should take us up to the Oct update lol

New 'Hunters faction for Survival DLC:

g4tJ153.jpg

EL CUCO

I feel like we need an automatic reply for when someone posts.

"Hi, and thanks for posting. All Agents are currently on a leave of absence until sometime in October, authorized by Faye Lau.

Sincerely, SHD"

lol, I actually started a new character yesterday just to play through the story again. I think that playing through the story, building up the base, and the atmosphere/mood is far better than the endgame.

Klyka

Banned
lol, I actually started a new character yesterday just to play through the story again. I think that playing through the story, building up the base, and the atmosphere/mood is far better than the endgame.

The 1-30 experience and then immediately after 30 is really really fun,especially in co-op.

Once you get to the higher stuff and the grind though, it all loses it's luster.

That's where Massive needs to work some magic to make it fun.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
So much for not taking only youtubers and twitchers.

Chappie, really? SMFH

Whole bunch of redditors? RIP

You knew that was going to be the case when they announced it, right? Those are the only people they really communicate with anyway so their opinion is all that matters. Not sure people who play the game religiously are the ones you want to hear from. They don't represent the people who have left the game.

Sentry, Tactician and Reclamier. RIP everything else :p

You knew that was going to be the case when they announced it, right? Those are the only people they really communicate with anyway so their opinion is all that matters. Not sure people who play the game religiously are the ones you want to hear from. They don't represent the people who have left the game.

Yup not sure why I was surprised.

ryan13ts

Just got this game for Xbox One, but this game is practically unplayable. The game keeps crashing, giving me some Delta error code. I literally almost gave up when it kept crashing before I could create a character, making me watch the intro twice over (Nice move too morons with the unskippable cutscenes).

Are the servers really this terrible on Xbox One?

darkwing

Just got this game for Xbox One, but this game is practically unplayable. The game keeps crashing, giving me some Delta error code. I literally almost gave up when it kept crashing before I could create a character, making me watch the intro twice over (Nice move too morons with the unskippable cutscenes).

Are the servers really this terrible on Xbox One?

game is terrible everywhere

It froze on me once last night. And the last two nights I've been getting these bad 'lag-pause-fast forward' things. Pretty annoying, and if I were playing endgame stuff they'd make it basically unplayable. But story mode, you can survive it.

xclaw

Anyone know the over under of us getting a "Scorpio"/PS4 Pro patch? It would be nice to get a 60fps bump and maybe higher resolution.

Tratorn

if Wildlands gets it, then I bet Division will too, Division is a bigger game

Wildlands is a new game, they have to support the Neo-Mode anyways even if only with a minimum of effort. Division is old and the userbase decreased drastically. Additionally they have other problems to care for atm.

I'd love to see a Pro patch, but I seriously doubt it.

Lima

Yeah because I totally believe hype from a streamer.

Also you can't bring a game back to something it should be if it never was there in the first place.

Dave1988

Yeah because I totally believe hype from a streamer.

Also you can't bring a game back to something it should be if it never was there in the first place.

While I agree that we shouldn't take what he's saying at face value, Marco has been one of the more critical streamers of the Division. So I'd say that it's not wrong to at least be cautiosly optimstic that the game is moving in the right direction after reading Marco's message.

Wolfe

While I agree that we shouldn't take what he's saying at face value, Marco has been one of the more critical streamers of the Division. So I'd say that it's not wrong to at least be cautiosly optimstic that the game is moving in the right direction after reading Marco's message.

Well I guess I hope it works out for them, I haven't touched the game in months now and I bought a season pass :\

Klyka

Banned
Don't see how that makes it a trainwreck.
The reason they are giving makes a lot of sense to me, especially seeing how development works.

Also, if they couldn't show off enough, the community would go apeshit anyway.
Better to delay and show the full thing.

I mean, the patch isn't out till October anyway, so whether they show a stream now or start the PTS right now is not gonna change anything about us still having to wait like a month.

fr0st

Banned
I don't know, the elite task forced disbanded few days after the announcement, so if they have to delay it by couple of days to incorporate some community suggestions, I'm all for it.
Maybe they shouldn't have announced the special report so early then?

Also they could've still done a special report even if the build isn't complete, another one wouldn't be that hard to do.

Cancelling the PTS is a big one cause allowing more people to test the game is always better than just a few people. The PTS also gives people a better view of the major changes the game is supposed to reiecve and it could've been updated with the changes they want along the way so delaying it didn't make any sense.

Klyka

Banned
Maybe they shouldn't have announced the special report so early then?

Also they could've still done a special report even if the build isn't complete, another one wouldn't be that hard to do.

Cancelling the PTS is a big one cause allowing more people to test the game is always better than just a few people. The PTS also gives people a better view of the major changes the game is supposed to reiecve and it could've been updated with the changes they want along the way so delaying it didn't make any sense.

I believe they want to have all the "big, game saving changes" in for the stream and the PTS because that first look is exactly what people will judge the entire thing on.

I can tell you now, if they said "ok here is the stream and the PTS but it only has 50% of what we will do" literally every single thread and post you will see is "THAT IS ALL? GAME IS DOOMED MASSIVE HAS NO IDEA WHAT THEY ARE DOING"

They literally HAVE to show everything because the community will not take anything else.

And even THEN we will have "not enough, preorder canceled" posts.

Fistwell

Haven't played since falcon lost. Game had become stale af, sick of the dark zone layout and shitty DZ drops.

Has the game gotten any better? Worth picking up the expansion(s)?

Edit: just gave the game a quick spin for giggles. Shit, the framerate on PS4 is rough. 8|

Klyka

Banned
Isn't that the point of a PTS? They can add stuff whenever needed so that they don't have to put everything in there?

Like I said, people will judge the entire 1.4 patch from the very first thing they see.
So they need to put all the big important changes in there for the time it opens it's gates or else the community will spin the narrative

Top Bottom