• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

Welp I guess that's me deleting the game now and not looking back. It's definitely a case of too little too late at this point. With the population so small now as is, fixing stuff in October is the final nail in my opinion. I know it takes time, but reality is reality. I've got about 360 hours of playtime with this one, and I feel like I've gotten my money's worth (even without the remaining season pass stuff).

Tratorn

They're finally doing this the way they should've done it since months. Instead of trying to fix the game with little quick fixes, they'll work on the core experience of the game. That's normally a good thing and after these last SotGs I believe that the patch will be great, but sadly it's probably too late...
In October many will be playing the new MP games/Destiny:RoI and since this Patch will not even have new content (the current content will just feel better), even less people will care to login for that.
Survival must really be amazing to bring some players back and spread the word, that the game (hopefully) changed a lot with Patch 1.4.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Welp I guess that's me deleting the game now and not looking back. It's definitely a case of too little too late at this point. With the population so small now as is, fixing stuff in October is the final nail in my opinion. I know it takes time, but reality is reality. I've got about 360 hours of playtime with this one, and I feel like I've gotten my money's worth (even without the remaining season pass stuff).

Alot of the fixes are for issues they should have seen before they were public. I remember watching them playing on streams bragging how tough incursions were and how at higher levels they would be impossible. I was thinking even back then, "Well who in the hell do you think is going to play that shit?". To me it seems they had a poor idea of what was fun and what their base wanted to do in the game. At this point, this all seems like practice for The Division 2.

Did Massive do the 1-30 "base game", or was that another studio?

Alot of the fixes are for issues they should have seen before they were public. I remember watching them playing on streams bragging how tough incursions were and how at higher levels they would be impossible. I was thinking even back then, "Well who in the hell do you think is going to play that shit?". To me it seems they had a poor idea of what was fun and what their base wanted to do in the game. At this point, this all seems like practice for The Division 2.

Did Massive do the 1-30 "base game", or was that another studio?

And I'm actually a little gutted. It was my go to vegging out game.

I remember watching them playing on streams bragging how tough incursions were and how at higher levels they would be impossible. I was thinking even back then, "Well who in the hell do you think is going to play that shit?". To me it seems they had a poor idea of what was fun and what their base wanted to do in the game.

I wasn't following the development of the game but this... this should've been a red light for them... The Gameplay, setting and graphics are keeping me playing but the bugs and difficulty levels are pushing me away...

Wolfe

I still can't believe the weapon skins taking up inventory was ever a thing, prolly got at least 40 of them on my damn character. This is after deleting all my duplicate skins and taking any I had in the stash out to give it more space for alt gear and whatnot.

Then them asking questions in surveys about if we'd be willing to pay for more stash space... gtfo of here with that shit.

deafmedal

It's not an important update, it's THE update.

I understand what they're trying to do, but just feel it's too late at this point.

Yup. I really like this silly game, it was perfect for stepping away from Destiny for a while but it guts me that they are just now starting to get it. Maybe after the fall rush dust settles things will be better, who knows?! I guess one upside is DZ will probably be empty-ish but who really wants to go back in there right now anyway? smdh :(

GazzaGSi

I guess one upside is DZ will probably be empty-ish but who really wants to go back in there right now anyway? smdh :(

You know, I think I will. I haven't been in since UG released and I think that's why it's gone stale for me hence the little game time recently on it. So people maybe running reclaimer, deadeye or sentry/shotgun builds but so can we. I used to stay up from midnight'ish to the early hours around 8am or later and loved every second of it. Pit, Q building, Midtown subways = plenty of variety, different npc's, tense extraction, supply drops, rogue battles etc. Compared to now running 'randomly generated' rooms that's all feel the damn same. Next time I'm on and there's enough for a group I'll definitely drop what I'm doing to run some dz.

You know, I think I will. I haven't been in since UG released and I think that's why it's gone stale for me hence the little game time recently on it. So people maybe running reclaimer, deadeye or sentry/shotgun builds but so can we. I used to stay up from midnight'ish to the early hours around 8am or later and loved every second of it. Pit, Q building, Midtown subways = plenty of variety, different npc's, tense extraction, supply drops, rogue battles etc. Compared to now running 'randomly generated' rooms that's all feel the damn same. Next time I'm on and there's enough for a group I'll definitely drop what I'm doing to run some dz.

We ran DZ pvp for a few hours yesterday. As broken as it is, it can still be fun for a bit.

Get your deadeye set ready if you haven't already.

GazzaGSi

We ran DZ pvp for a few hours yesterday. As broken as it is, it can still be fun for a bit.

Get your deadeye set ready if you haven't already.

Great stuff. Ideal M1A talents to run with Deadeye? Also have some Hunters faith to run with it or would 2 final measure be the better option?

Was running with 4 deadeye + 2 hunters myself. Don't really care about FM at this point, my toughness was low as well. Complementing it with high SP (40k) for max pulse damage.

It's the perfect counter for sentry shotguns, esp ones running one shot M870's - and there are a lot of them.

M1A - Deadly(must have), Capable, Competent or Accurate.

GazzaGSi

Was running with 4 deadeye + 2 hunters myself. Don't really care about FM at this point, my toughness was low as well. Complementing it with high SP (40k) for max pulse damage.

It's the perfect counter for sentry shotguns, esp ones running one shot M870's - and there are a lot of them.

M1A - Deadly(must have), Capable, Competent or Accurate.

Awesome I'll get to work on it when home.

deafmedal

I haven't been in since UG released and I think that's why it's gone stale for me hence the little game time recently on it. So people maybe running reclaimer, deadeye or sentry/shotgun builds but so can we.

Yeah, Gazza, I think that might be a good bit where my frustration was stemming from. I haven't been back in either, and UG bores me to sleep. After DJ said new sets weren't dropping coupled with PvP boosts and not being able to even get in a group for DZ...

But you are right, there's something about that format that is super appealing (save the ganking). I would love 1-3 to be the PvP area and 4-6 to be farming, like if every group just magically started agreeing to this, lol. Go down there for funsies and uptown for sureeus bidnezz :)

edit:i'm an idiot

GazzaGSi

So been getting my deadeye set together and just wondered if 185% crit damage (plus 55% pulse) is half decent, kind of had my hands tied with rolls changing some bits from electronics. Rolled an M1A with deadly and capable so just farming phx creds to roll the third useless talent.
Stats are 120k dps on the M1A, 482k stamina, 24k skill. Could drop some stamina mods for electronic mods to get the pulse crit damage up abit? I rolled crit damage on knee pads and gloves, all weapon mods are crit damage where possible. My backpack let's me down, rolled off electronics so stuck with resource gain.

At the minute I'm using 2 FM pieces but can get crit damage abit higher with either Hunters or blind pieces but just want to see if FM is a necessity still in the DZ, plus the FM gloves are decent with marksmen and crit damage.

I wouln't don't care about toughness or EDR for pvp anymore unless you're running a tanktician or tanclaimer.

Sentry with M870 is going to wreck you regardless of your 300 toughness or 500 toughness.

Spec everything into critical hit damage and skill power. I'm running 200/350/40 with 300% CHD (200 base + 100 pulse).

EL CUCO

is it worth jumping in this game on ps4? Would I still be able to match make from lvls 1 to 30? Could grab the base game for £15.

Interested as well. But sadly game is still $40 in Canada. Worth it for the single player narrative and exploring a dead city aspect?
Definitely. Story missions are good and you'll see some interesting stuff along the way. End game loop is what currently needs help, but hopefully the October update will right the ship.

EL CUCO

I went back to rewatch the SOTG stream. I definitely misheard Hamish saying "1.4 will be coming October for everyone including PS4" as "October 4, everyone including PS4" LOL my bad.

Nerix

Need some advice:

I just found a Classic M1A (229) with the Talents

- Deadly (Crit Dam + 28%)
- Ferocious (Dam Named + 14%)
- Stable (Sability +48%)

Which talent would you re-roll (and replace it with what)? Im am tending to Stable and try to get brutal (or when it doesn´t roll, accuracy, as I prefer that over stability).

Need some advice:

I just found a Classic M1A (229) with the Talents

- Deadly (Crit Dam + 28%)
- Ferocious (Dam Named + 14%)
- Stable (Sability +48%)

Which talent would you re-roll (and replace it with what)? Im am tending to Stable and try to get brutal (or when it doesn´t roll, accuracy, as I prefer that over stability).

Stable is useless, get rid of it for Brutal or Capable.

Ted

Should I wait to open my UG caChe or you think it won't matter and I'll still get trash anyway?

I'm holding on two right now...

I believe the items you get from UG caches are tied to your gear score when you earn the cache rather than when you open it so it is probably not worth saving it.

I also think that GS 225 is the magic number for ensuring you only receive 229/268 weapons/gear from the caches.

I hope this helps.

I believe the items you get from UG caches are tied to your gear score when you earn the cache rather than when you open it so it is probably not worth saving it.

I also think that GS 225 is the magic number for ensuring you only receive 229/268 weapons/gear from the caches.

I hope this helps.

Thanks

Samikaze

Been ages since I actually hopped in the game, so did anyone crack the codes in the New York Collapse book? The reddit page I used to follow for it gives all 404's now.

I still remember most of the puzzles, but never found out where they were leading the readers in game.

Any pay off?

Top Bottom