• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

GazzaGSi

Like I said, people will judge the entire 1.4 patch from the very first thing they see.
So they need to put all the big important changes in there for the time it opens it's gates or else the community will spin the narrative

With you on this, 1.4 is the cats ninth life. For those that are still playing and those waiting to see what 1.4 brings it needs to hit the ground running and wow people again to get the buzz talk back in the game and for people to be excited/look forward to 1.4, anything less is not an option.

fr0st

Banned
Not talking about the whole 1.4 patch but just the PTS.

I see no point in delaying the PTS (unless it's unplayable) because the point of it is to get feedback from more people and apply changes when necessary.

Delaying it means that more people will think think that the update is gonna be in later October, by which the game will most likely be dead.

Klyka

Banned
Not talking about the whole 1.4 patch but just the PTS.

I see no point in delaying the PTS (unless it's unplayable) because the point of it is to get feedback from more people and apply changes when necessary.

Delaying it means that more people will think think that the update is gonna be in later October, by which the game will most likely be dead.

I know you are just talking about the PTS and I am just saying that the PTS will not be seen as a test server. It will be seen as the statement of what the game will be when 1.4 will release and if they don't have ALL the big stuff in the PTS when they open it up, the community will go ham and paint a grim picture of doom even worse than they already are.

Massive needs to have absolutely everything in there to show it off because the community will not understand "it's a test server,more is coming".

fr0st

Banned
Massive needs to have absolutely everything in there to show it off because the community will not understand "it's a test server,more is coming".
What?

They didn't say it's a final representative of 1.4.

The TS in PTS means test server how could you confuse that for the final build.

Klyka

Banned
What?

They didn't say it's a final representative of 1.4.

The TS in PTS means test server how could you confuse that for the final build.

Because that's how gaming communities are.
Facts mean nothing, hyperbole is almost everything and they will distort things through shitposting.

People will start the PTS on the first day, see what is different and say "This is it. This is what they did. It's not enough, get fucked Massive" even if Massive plastered a huge "THIS IS JUST 30% OF THE CHANGES" all over their screens.

fr0st

Banned
Because that's how gaming communities are.
Facts mean nothing, hyperbole is almost everything and they will distort things through shitposting.

People will start the PTS on the first day, see what is different and say "This is it. This is what they did. It's not enough, get fucked Massive" even if Massive plastered a huge "THIS IS JUST 30% OF THE CHANGES" all over their screens.
Having played hundreds of hours in the DOTA 2 test server I don't agree with you.

People know that there purpose of a PTS is to test changes and gather feedback.

Sure you'll have people who will complain at anything but I doubt they'll make the majority.

Klyka

Banned
Having played hundreds of hours in the DOTA 2 test server I don't agree with you.

People know that there purpose of a PTS is to test changes and gather feedback.

Sure you'll have people who will complain at anything but I doubt they'll make the majority.

DOTA 2 isn't The "GAME IS DEAD OMG EVERYONE RUN" Division though.

MaKTaiL

Guys, the Gold Edition is on sale on PSN this week for $49,99 and I'm thinking of getting it. How is the game nowadays? I heard the game was full of exploits people used a lot to grind and get better gear back in the day. They kept releasing patches, which was good, but people would still find new exploits. I heard nothing more from the game since then. How is the community? I am torn between getting this or Destiny's DLC. I only have $50 to spare.

Klyka

Banned
Guys, the Gold Edition is on sale on PSN this week for $49,99 and I'm thinking of getting it. How is the game nowadays? I heard the game was full of exploits people used a lot to grind and get better gear back in the day. The kept releasing patches, which was good, but people would still find new exploits. I heard nothing more from the game since then. How is the community? I am torn between getting this or Destiny's DLC. I only have $50 to spare.

None of us know if the 1.4 patch in October is going to change the endgame so fundamentally that it becomes as fun as the leveling experience.

I would advise you (and I am saying this as someone who really loved his time with the game and also has the gold edition) to wait and pick up Destiny for now.

We all have no idea if the game is heading the right way or not.

MaKTaiL

None of us know if the 1.4 patch in October is going to change the endgame so fundamentally that it becomes as fun as the leveling experience.

I would advise you (and I am saying this as someone who really loved his time with the game and also has the gold edition) to wait and pick up Destiny for now.

We all have no idea if the game is heading the right way or not.

Hmmmm. I played a lot of the Beta back then and loved it. My hype was strong for it but I didn't have any money. Then I heard about all the problems and completely forgot about the game until today. I'll think about it. Destiny is my most played PS4 game but the DLC might not be worth $30. Oh... decisions, decisions. Hahahaha.

Klyka

Banned
Hmmmm. I played a lot of the Beta back then and loved it. My hype was strong for it but I didn't have any money. Then I heard about all the problems and completely forgot about the game until today. I'll think about it. Destiny is my most played PS4 game but the DLC might not be worth $30. Oh... decisions, decisions. Hahahaha.

The DLC is worth 30$.
You'll easily get 30 hours out of it,if not more and that's 1$ an hour.

With Division,right now, the 1-30 is great and then it bombs hard.
1.4 patch MIGHT fix the after 30 bomb, but no one knows if it will.

MaKTaiL

The DLC is worth 30$.
You'll easily get 30 hours out of it,if not more and that's 1$ an hour.

With Division,right now, the 1-30 is great and then it bombs hard.
1.4 patch MIGHT fix the after 30 bomb, but no one knows if it will.

Thanks for the feedback. I guess I'll get Destiny's DLC after all. I'll keep checking in here once the patch comes out and if it indeed fixes the end game I might get it down the line.

Klyka

Banned
World scaling in 4 tiers for the PvE world was just shown.

you literally choose which tier you want your world to be and all enemies and loot in it scales to it.

Ashtar

World scaling in 4 tiers for the PvE world was just shown.

you literally choose which tier you want your world to be and all enemies and loot in it scales to it.
If the loot scales with you.... How do you get better loot to take on higher levels?

Klyka

Banned
If the loot scales with you.... How do you get better loot to take on higher levels?

It means that tier 1 will drop loot so you can do tier 2 and tier 2 drops for tier 3 and tier 3 for tier 4 and tier 4 drops the highest loot.

it doesn't scale with you,but with the tier.

Klyka

Banned
Ql7mT3F.png

lvl 34 and 35 enemies have been removed

world scaling menu

Tratorn

Very impressed by 1.4 changes so far.

Some cool changes in theory that give more variety, but for now it just sounds like they enabled easy mode. Hopefully there'll still be activities that will feel challenging for people who already have best GS equip for practically all sets.

The way the difficulty scales atm is of course super lame (just more HP/Damage), but at least you can't rush through the DZ or heroic UG/Incursions even with the best equipment.

Of course too early to tell since we don't know all the changes to skills and equip, but they already said several times that people will feel more powerful with 1.4. Hopefully they don't exaggerate with that.

Klyka

Banned
Some cool changes in theory that give more variety, but for now it just sounds like they enabled easy mode. Hopefully there'll still be activities that will feel challenging for people who already have best GS equip for practically all sets.

The way the difficulty scales atm is of course super lame (just more HP/Damage), but at least you can't rush through the DZ or heroic UG/Incursions even with the best equipment.

Of course too early to tell since we don't know all the changes to skills and equip, but they already said several times that people will feel more powerful with 1.4. Hopefully they don't exaggerate with that.

I hope they get the PTS up soon because that's what's going to be the thing that makes the numbers work in the live version.

It needs to go into peoples hands so they can mek and break it and then they adjust the numbers to make it fun/challenging

I have to say, I am happy that for the first time in a long while can we actually see something like a glimmer of hope for the game at the end of the tunnel

Klyka

Banned
some summary info

World Tier Drops
1, Common 168, Rare 182
2, Common 182, Rare 204
3, Common 204, Rare 229
4, Common 229, Rare n/a

All World Tiers available on Normal, Hard, Challenging
Hard and Challenging will both modify the difficulty of each tier and reward the SAME QUALITY loot but MORE of it
Example - Tier 2 Normal boss drops 1x 182 1x 204 pieces
If killed on Challenging he may have dropped 3x 182 2x 204 pieces but will NOT drop higher than Tier limits.

Note: Gear Sets are changing GS to level out with Yellows(Orange)
191 = 168
214 = 182
240 = 204
268 = 229

Also, all enemies in the world can drop the highest grade items for your Tier selection.

For example a White(by name not race) Grunt could drop you a Gear Set item of the highest quality available in that Tier.

Tratorn

some summary info

All World Tiers available on Normal, Hard, Challenging
Hard and Challenging will both modify the difficulty of each tier and reward the SAME QUALITY loot but MORE of it
Example - Tier 2 Normal boss drops 1x 182 1x 204 pieces
If killed on Challenging he may have dropped 3x 182 2x 204 pieces but will NOT drop higher than Tier limits.

Ah, this sounds good. So Tier 4 on heroic hopefully will be exactly for those kind of players I mentioned in my last post.

"Heroic will only be available for Incursions"

Well this is a bit confusing, I hope that does not mean what I think it means..the best gear in the game will be relegated to one PvE activity yet again.

If heroic difficulty is Incursion only then what is this...

"Tier 4 (Level 33 enemies – GS 229 loot ) – heroic mode in Incursions"

...that you can supposedly select as a global difficulty. Is it just for Incursions? If so, well, that sucks.

I would be bored to tears with...

"Tier 3 (Level 32 enemies – GS 204 loot )"

...for the rest of the game activities.

EL CUCO

So

30 = normal
31 = hard
32 = challenging
33 = heroic
??
From what I understood, your world level dictates the lvl of the enemy across the entire game. There are 4 tiers of world levels.

The higher difficulties will reward the same loot, only more of it. Not sure what kind of challenges are in place for the higher difficulties. Maybe they go with modifiers?

Lnkn52

I left the a long time ago but I always kept tabs hoping for them to make the game better. 1.4 sounds promising. Just seeing this chart, my mind is blown.

Crazy spikes
Screen%20Shot%202016-09-15%20at%2010.23.55%20AM.png

Tratorn

Well this is a bit confusing, I hope that does not mean what I think it means..the best gear in the game will be relegated to one PvE activity yet again.

...that you can supposedly select as a global difficulty. Is it just for Incursions? If so, well, that sucks.

Nah, that just means you can choose heroic only for Incursions. You still can switch to normal/hard/challenging Tier 4 for everything else. And you don't get better loot for increasing the difficulty in a tier, you just get more of it. So that means that Incursions probably are supposed to drop the most loot, that's why they're the only option for heroic.

Not 100% sure yet how the DZ works with that though, it seems to behave a bit differently. I think the goal is the same though: you can't get better loot, but you get more of it than in normal PvE. And that's exactly how it should be since you obviously have the risk of losing it.

Nah, that just means you can choose heroic only for Incursions. You still can switch to normal/hard/challenging Tier 4 for everything else. And you don't get better loot for increasing the difficulty in a tier, you just get more of it. So that means that Incursions probably are supposed to drop the most loot, that's why they're the only option for heroic.

Not 100% sure yet how the DZ works with that though, it seems to behave a bit differently. I think the goal is the same though: you can't get better loot, but you get more of it than in normal PvE. And that's exactly how it should be since you obviously have the risk of losing it.

This makes no sense and sounds convoluted and completely unnecessary. So you have Normal, Hard, Challenging difficulties for each Tier (which is seemingly just the level of the NPCs)? WTH.

Normal, Hard, Challenging, and Heroic should be the Tiers of difficulty and just be done with it without introducing a bunch of other stuff on top of it.

Klyka

Banned

Difficulty does NOT impact the quality of drops just the AMOUNT.

Heroic difficulty does NOT lock high quality gear in any way.

This makes no sense and sounds convoluted and completely unnecessary. So you have Normal, Hard, Challenging difficulties for each Tier (which is seemingly just the level of the NPCs)? WTH.

Normal, Hard, Challenging, Heroic should be the Tiers of difficulty and just be done with it without introducing a bunch of other stuff on top of it.

It makes perfect sense.

You set your world level. So tier 4 is level 33 NPC's who drop the highest GS loot.

Then you play on normal for 1-2 drops, hard for 3-4 drops, and so on....

Tratorn

It makes perfect sense.

You set your world level. So tier 4 is level 33 NPC's who drop the highest GS loot.

Yep, it's the right direction they are going. I have only two concerns now:

1) There is a chance that the game becomes too easy for people with optimized Gear

2) We could actually get too much loot. Especially if they additionally remove some RNG layers on equip, it's possible that you get "perfect" gear pretty fast. At least the people who play the game almost daily.

Hopefully they'll be able to make more gear useful, so there is enough to grind for

It makes perfect sense.

That sounds fine but what is the difference of Normal, Hard, and Challenging for the Tiers in regards to difficulty? Red Bar Enemies - Normal difficulty, Purple Bar Enemies- Hard Difficulty, and Yellow Bar Enemies (Elites) - Challenging Difficulty?

Klyka

Banned
That sounds fine but what is the difference of Normal, Hard, and Challenging for the Tiers in regards to difficulty? Red Bar Enemies - Normal difficulty, Purple Bar Enemies- Hard Difficulty, and Yellow Bar Enemies (Elites) - Challenging Difficulty?

We don't know yet. Remember there will be a PTS where we will be able to see and hopefully influence all this

Top Bottom