• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

I'm a bit surprised they didn't set up the Tiers and their respective difficulties like so...

Tier 1 (Normal)
Tier 2 (Normal or Hard)
Tier 3 (Normal, Hard, or Challenging)
Tier 4 (Normal, Hard, Challenging, or Heroic - for all activities)

instead of...

Tier 1 (Normal or Hard)
Tier 2 (Normal, Hard, or Challenging)
Tier 3 (Normal, Hard, or Challenging)
Tier 4 (Normal, Hard, or Challenging and Heroic for Incursions only)

...which is admittedly just a small complaint considering the difficulty selection just provides more of rather than better loot. I would just like the option to play through all the content on the hardest difficulty against more aggressive and possibly better AI from purely a gameplay standpoint. Really just looking for something to do with the acquired loot and well tuned builds than just Incursions and PvP in the DZ. Hopefully the Survival expansion will offer something.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Wait,so Diablo doesn't have item lvl or something? You can literally just get the best item in the entire game in a drop right after you turn 30?

huh.

weird.
Yeah, once you reach level cap (70) all items that drop are just level 70. So in the first minute of hitting level cap, you can potentially drop useful items that will last you through the entire end game.

This works because the chance of dropping a god-roll is still low, and there are always reasons to keep playing because even marginal progression seems like a possibility until you hit like the 40-50+ hour mark on a character.

I guess the problem with The Division is PvP, but I don't think that will ever really be fixed at this point unless you either cheat like Destiny and normalize every player or make it completely separate from the rest of the game.

(Well, that and Diablo doesn't need to sell a season pass to make the game viable.)

So they're making all these changes but still keeping visible gear score? Why?

Gear Score may turn into a somewhat useful measurement considering the re-working of high-end gear stats and hopefully less importance on particular gear sets in general combined with major re-balancing of player vs NPC. At the very least they have unified the gear to make much more sense regarding Gear Score.

The Tier system also corresponds to Gear Score...

Tier 1 = 0 to 163
Tier 2 = 164-182
Tier 3 = 183-204
Tier 4 = 205-229

Wolfe

The stat itself though, as in our ability as players to visually see the corresponding number, seems wholly pointless from a gameplay perspective.

Or do people not get booted from groups anymore based on their visible GS?

The stat itself though, as in our ability as players to visually see the corresponding number, seems wholly pointless from a gameplay perspective.

The Division went from being the only game I essentially was playing from release until the first week of August to only checking in on the 1st and 15th of each month to get the Supply Drops. I did run a Heroic Lexington today just because I miss the game.

So, I don't play it enough to know whether folks are getting kicked because of Gear Score. I never did it in any of my groups and I used public matchmaking for everything.

Wolfe

Ah, well don't get me wrong I've only been kicked once or twice if that and have no idea if it was GS related but I had seen enough people mentioning it in the thread here back when I was playing a bit more.

Either way, I'll definitely check the game out once the update hits, still had a ton of fun with most of it (but particularly the 1-30 level up).

ev0

When Underground first launched, everyone seemed to be happy to play with everyone. Once that honeymoon period died pretty quickly, mostly hardcores were left and I got kicked all the time (my GS was 227). And that made me stop and I havent been back

Mullah88

So you're telling me I can farm the world on tier 4 and all I'll be getting as drops will be 229? If that's the case then this is good news, No need to go into the dark zone again (no incentive to deal with pvp). And if I decide to play any of the missions I'll get more than 1 or 2 drops (depending on the difficulty)? This also means the named weapons will scale to 229

EL CUCO

So you're telling me I can farm the world on tier 4 and all I'll be getting as drops will be 229? If that's the case then this is good news, No need to go into the dark zone again (no incentive to deal with pvp). And if I decide to play any of the missions I'll get more than 1 or 2 drops (depending on the difficulty)? This also means the named weapons will scale to 229
Bruh, I need you on my squad for the gankers :p

GazzaGSi

Yep and level 33's should pose a decent challenge.
What I'm looking forward to is clearing the map with my alt. I literally did the bare minimum to get the alt to 30 so the map is littered with side missions and encounters to complete so doing them when 1.4 comes is finally worth while with the chance of decent loot.
As well as that, roaming named elites are back so hopefully a nice route will be possible similar to Q building, Midtown & the pit but the respawn timer of the boss is unknown.

willow ve

I asked this a few pages back, but I didn't see any replies so I thought I would try again.

As a casual player who only owns the base game, what are my options for leveling up characters after reaching level 30? Is the best process to simply play the 3 daily missions (2 on hard, 1 on challenging) and then spend Phoenix Credits to buy better gear?

I've been doing it that way for a week or two and I seem to have hit a wall around gearscore 170. The drops from the Hard daily missions rarely (if ever?) are above 163 and the drops from the Challenging daily mission seem to be at 182?

Thoughts? (FYI - play times and duration are completely random for me so I'm 100% dependent on matchmaking).

theWB27

I used to post in here quite a bit but was one of those who quit my most anticipated this gen, at the time, for awhile. After reading a little on the update I decided to re install and see what's once it drops. I'm hoping it can draw me back cause I miss that gunplay.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I asked this a few pages back, but I didn't see any replies so I thought I would try again.

As a casual player who only owns the base game, what are my options for leveling up characters after reaching level 30? Is the best process to simply play the 3 daily missions (2 on hard, 1 on challenging) and then spend Phoenix Credits to buy better gear?

I've been doing it that way for a week or two and I seem to have hit a wall around gearscore 170. The drops from the Hard daily missions rarely (if ever?) are above 163 and the drops from the Challenging daily mission seem to be at 182?

Thoughts? (FYI - play times and duration are completely random for me so I'm 100% dependent on matchmaking).

Wait for the 1.4 update. Alot of your issues look like they will be addressed.

EL CUCO

Doing your HVT's should atleast help get your GS up, even if its all Lone Star. You'd have to matchmake for free roam and figure out which HVT's to run with your group. Other than that, just farming challenging mode until you can get strong enough to run Heroic missions without getting kicked for low GS. I cant recommend DZ, since its such a frustrating experience atm. Right now it kinda sucks to level up. Once 1.4 drops it should be WAYYYYYY better.
PTS this Thursday along with patch notes.

We're about to know much of the changes the game is about to do.
I went into DZ01 solo this morning and it took me almost 3 mags to kill a 33 elite. Nope'd tf out.

Looking forward to the changes.

j_rocca42

I went into DZ01 solo this morning and it took me almost 3 mags to kill a 33 elite. Nope'd tf out.

Looking forward to the changes.

I'm looking forward to the changes as well. Haven't played in a long time. Although, with the new destiny stuff, not sure how much time I'll have to play the division.

EL CUCO

I'm looking forward to the changes as well. Haven't played in a long time. Although, with the new destiny stuff, not sure how much time I'll have to play the division.
We'll blow through RoI content in less than a month before we're back to our casual once a week Destiny reset routine. Lol

I am thinking about picking up an Xbone for Gears tho. I miss my Gnasher :'(

fr0st

Banned
4hr special report of pts gameplay.....

lol this is going to be a mess

EDIT:

new character stuff

http://tomclancy-thedivision.ubi.co....aspx?c=tcm:154-268296-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

biggest changes

-One of the main changes to the current gear is that after Update 1.4 every piece of equipment dropped in World Tier 2 and higher will have all three stats on them. While one stat will always be much higher than the other two, and you can recalibrate as before, the inclusion of all three on every item creates a balanced baseline which means that your survivability will generally be higher and you no longer risk accidentally making the game much more difficult than it has to be. These base stats will increase with each increase in gear score.

-Other stats, like crit chance or headshot damage for example, will need to be scaled down, as they currently can become way too high. Do remember though that enemy health and damage will also be rebalanced, creating a more even playing field.

-In Update 1.4, all gear will lose their skill bonuses, while backpacks, holsters and knee pads gain new performance mod slots. This means that you’ll have more choices which mods you want to use and no longer have to be annoyed that the god roll gear piece you got came with a modifier you didn’t want in the first place.

-Stat overlaps between Gear Scores have been removed. The item might not fit your current build, but we can now guarantee that the stats will roll higher on higher Gear Score items. This includes, for example, weapon damage, armor, core attributes etc.

-We’ve looked through all high end gear talents and tried to balance the numbers on them to make more of them viable for endgame. This includes either lowering or increasing some of their bonuses.

-Scavenging removed

-it’s simply a new formula for explaining how much damage it does. It’s still a work in progress, but right now the displayed DPS on the PTS is based on damage, rounds per minute and crit. While it gives a really transparent view of the damage output of the weapon, removing magazine size, reload speed and accuracy from the equation makes it difficult to compare weapons of different types between each other.

-We’ve also changed the damage the various weapons do and their current roles. In the live game, SMGs for example do higher damage than Assault Rifles, which is not intended. Instead their future power will come from the fact that they are stable and have high critical damage, which means your goal is to get as many bullets as possible on the target. Many Light Machine Guns will see a buff and get closer to the damage numbers of Assault Rifles, which will make them more powerful and viable to use. Some specific outliers that are currently way too powerful, like the MP7 and M1A, will see their raw damage numbers lowered to make up for the fact that they have big bonuses to handling. Weapons that are unpopular in the current meta, like the SRS Sniper Rifle and the M2-49, have had their damage output increased to bring them up to par.

-We’re planning to do something more with the Named Weapons in the future, but you won’t see any significant changes with Update 1.4. That said, their talents and damage have been updated together with all regular weapons

This is actually a really long article lol

too much big changes to list tbh

xclaw

This looks like an entirely new game at this point in relation to mechanics. Can't wait to hear what you PC players have to say next week after spending some time in the PTS.....

Stream is pretty comfy so far.

#pizzawiththegoodstuffpls

So I've been playing Division for the past three weeks. I'm really enjoying it a lot. I also think it's the best looking game on ps4 (minus Bloodborne). Is that weird of me?

Just bought the game in the PSN sale, should I jump straight in or wait for 1.4 to drop? because watching the stream it seems the entire structure of the game is changing.

fr0st

Banned
Just bought the game in the PSN sale, should I jump straight in or wait for 1.4 to drop? because watching the stream it seems the entire structure of the game is changing.

most of the changes are going to affect end game stuff so its not bad to get started right now and maybe just chill when you get to 30.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
So I've been playing Division for the past three weeks. I'm really enjoying it a lot. I also think it's the best looking game on ps4 (minus Bloodborne). Is that weird of me?

Nah, the story part was the best part of the game. The update is an attempt to have the end game be more like the story portion of the game.

I started a second character (GS on it right now is like 180) and I haven't been kicked from incursions. Community in the game isn't so bad anymore (unless you go to the Dark Zone that's where it gets pretty bad).

TK-421

I started at 2PM ET, so apologies for what I missed, and if misheard something.

Platform issues
Xbox One stutter probably fixed.
PS4 sound bug fixed.

General
Getting to 75% damage mitigation will require mods, won't make it on just item rolls alone anymore.
Performance mod slots being added to backpack, (and two other items I missed). Slots not being added to existing gear to prevent people from losing existing skills they like.
Weapon mods and performance mods are all getting re-rolled.
No named weapons changes.
There will be 229 blueprints, no other crafting changes.
XP after level 30 goes to cache drops.
No loadouts in 1.4.
No BLIND rifle.
Some burst fire weapons are being tweaked for damage.
World tier 4 has lvl 33 mods.
Appearance item cap fixed.
Scavenging removed.
No stash size increase.
Not sure if vigorous works with support station now (Bug: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1451701-Talent-Vigorous-Forums)
Elite healers support stations now heal armor too.
Incursion gear drops now weighted toward types of items instead of sets. Dragon's nest has backpacks now for instance.
Weapon skins are now universal and do not take stash space.
Falcon's lost checkpoints after each bomb planting (!)
Reckless talent changed to 15/15

Skills
First aid lag is gone
Skill caps remove but now curve of diminishing return instead of linear.
Recovery link now auto revives when equipped.
Defibrillator now heals allies more than self, and revives downed AND dead allies.
Survivor link damage reduction and length reduced.
Turrets are buffed
Ballistic shield bugs should be fixed, and buffed health.

Set items
5 piece set bonuses removed.
Reclaimer is being nerfed, when reclaimer has a consumable on cool down all players in party are on consumable cool down.
Sentry is being nerfed to 5% per mark, but 30s duration.
Final measure will automatically defuse grenades with a cooldown, no grenade toss required.
Tactician bonus capped at 30% now instead of 50%.
Firecrest now buffs flame grenades and flame turrets. 4 piece bonus is increased damage to burning targets.
Nomad has two talents now. 3 piece bonus is now overheal, 4 piece bonus now every 4 minutes.
Deadeye no longer applies to hip firing.
Alpha bridge 2 piece bonus is weapon damage.

xclaw

I had to skip out, did Lonestar show up during the stream at all? Curious to know what changes they made to it.

GazzaGSi

All my crafted weapon and gear mods being re-rolled
;-(

Certainly looking forward to trying it all out that's for sure. By the sounds and looks of it, other than the aesthetics and map it's pretty much a new game with the amount of stuff that's been reworked.

EL CUCO

Chappie soloing Tier 3 DZ06 with no issues on un optimized gear.

TTK for PvP looks kinda like Destiny now too (if players ever used a primary in Destiny LuL).
I only play solo or with other "soloplayers" dont play with friends talking in mic etc.

Is the seasonpass worth picking up for me?
There's matchmaking for everything, and Massive is currently rebalancing the game to make the solo experience more enjoyable.

If you enjoy the game, I'd say it's worth it.

EL CUCO

Isn't DZ1-6 same now? Like no point going on the higher ones cause those usually have more annoying enemies.
DZ1-6 have the same level of enemies, but the higher zones have more elites and guaranteed Gear set drops from named enemies.

Top Bottom