• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

FLAguy954

I started at 2PM ET, so apologies for what I missed, and if misheard something.

Platform issues
Xbox One stutter probably fixed.
PS4 sound bug fixed.

General
Getting to 75% damage mitigation will require mods, won't make it on just item rolls alone anymore.
Performance mod slots being added to backpack, (and two other items I missed). Slots not being added to existing gear to prevent people from losing existing skills they like.
Weapon mods and performance mods are all getting re-rolled.
No named weapons changes.
There will be 229 blueprints, no other crafting changes.
XP after level 30 goes to cache drops.
No loadouts in 1.4.
No BLIND rifle.
Some burst fire weapons are being tweaked for damage.
World tier 4 has lvl 33 mods.
Appearance item cap fixed.
Scavenging removed.
No stash size increase.
Not sure if vigorous works with support station now (Bug: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1451701-Talent-Vigorous-Forums)
Elite healers support stations now heal armor too.
Incursion gear drops now weighted toward types of items instead of sets. Dragon's nest has backpacks now for instance.
Weapon skins are now universal and do not take stash space.
Falcon's lost checkpoints after each bomb planting (!)
Reckless talent changed to 15/15

Skills
First aid lag is gone
Skill caps remove but now curve of diminishing return instead of linear.
Recovery link now auto revives when equipped.
Defibrillator now heals allies more than self, and revives downed AND dead allies.
Survivor link damage reduction and length reduced.
Turrets are buffed
Ballistic shield bugs should be fixed, and buffed health.

Set items
5 piece set bonuses removed.
Reclaimer is being nerfed, when reclaimer has a consumable on cool down all players in party are on consumable cool down.
Sentry is being nerfed to 5% per mark, but 30s duration.
Final measure will automatically defuse grenades with a cooldown, no grenade toss required.
Tactician bonus capped at 30% now instead of 50%.
Firecrest now buffs flame grenades and flame turrets. 4 piece bonus is increased damage to burning targets.
Nomad has two talents now. 3 piece bonus is now overheal, 4 piece bonus now every 4 minutes.
Deadeye no longer applies to hip firing.
Alpha bridge 2 piece bonus is weapon damage.

Wow, with the Sentry nerf, I might as well run Reckless and Striker instead.

FLAguy954

well if its still using a triple mark system then 5%x3 will be 15%, atleast your whole team can still benefit from the bonus rather than just you and your reckless.

Your right but the Sentry nerf also goes as far as eliminating the 5 set bonus, making it a lot weaker.

xclaw

Did they say what would happen to all our current gear when the patch drops? Like I get that the gear scores may all decrease but will they loose their stats as well to something similar?

AYS

Neo Member
Did they say what would happen to all our current gear when the patch drops? Like I get that the gear scores may all decrease but will they loose their stats as well to something similar?

They did state that all gear and performance mods will be rerolled. Actually gear pieces will have scavenging removed and rerolled into something else. The main stats of items shouldn't go down and you might even get more stats on it if it is above the 182/240 current tier.

We will see more clearly in a week when the PTS allows users to port over their character from the live game (the changes could change due to feedback).

I picked up the game and started it this weekend. I know its early, but Manhattan is incredible. One the best game worlds I've walked around in. Who knew all I wanted out of games was to close car doors, its disturbingly satisfying. I also appreciate that I'm alone when walking around (as far as I can tell).

fr0st

Banned
I picked up the game and started it this weekend. I know its early, but Manhattan is incredible. One the best game worlds I've walked around in. Who knew all I wanted out of games was to close car doors, its disturbingly satisfying. I also appreciate that I'm alone when walking around (as far as I can tell).
If you want a challenge play the campaign solo and everything on hard.

Razgreez

Round about when is the 1.4 patch supposed to go live? I've actually been enjoying running around the underground every now and then (most of the time getting my ass handed to me when attempting challenging - can only imagine how tough heroic must be) but am unsure whether to continue playing as such or if it's better to simply wait for the patch to drop first.

EL CUCO

Round about when is the 1.4 patch supposed to go live? I've actually been enjoying running around the underground every now and then (most of the time getting my ass handed to me when attempting challenging - can only imagine how tough heroic must be) but am unsure whether to continue playing as such or if it's better to simply wait for the patch to drop first.
1.4 will be out sometime in October and guess what? Underground will have checkpoints!

The PTS should be live to all PC owners.

Stupid decision, hate cleaning out the stash all the time.
I literally have four characters so that instead of sending gear that's good, but not what I'm currently running, to my stash, instead it's in my alt characters' inventories. Bit of a pain to log in/out to do, but am happy I have it set up now. Especially if some of the lesser gear sets become more interesting in 1.4...might have some god rolls now in there somewhere.

DrBo42

Anybody here on PC playing the PTS?
Any special permissions needed to get on the PTS? Or is it something you can set in uplay?

Edit: Oh, just shows up as a new library option. Convenient.

Edit 2: So far I can't really say the enemies feel less spongey. Probably because the randomized character I got has garbage gear with no mods etc. Turrets do have a lot of health now, first aid being instant is nice. XP after max level going to a loot cache is sweet.

I literally have four characters so that instead of sending gear that's good, but not what I'm currently running, to my stash, instead it's in my alt characters' inventories. Bit of a pain to log in/out to do, but am happy I have it set up now. Especially if some of the lesser gear sets become more interesting in 1.4...might have some god rolls now in there somewhere.

I have one alt, been thinking of making more and using them as mules but I know I would lose track of what is on who in approximately five minutes. Did it in diablo 3 and would do it here as well.

Cob32

Returning player from even before gear score was a thing. Want to get back into the swing of things before 1.4. I'm currently 180 gear score. How should I go about gearing up? I plan on buying Underground.

DrBo42

Returning player from even before gear score was a thing. Want to get back into the swing of things before 1.4. I'm currently 180 gear score. How should I go about gearing up? I plan on buying Underground.

Underground isn't really a great way to get gear. You can get 229 weapons from the caches but you're limited to which gear sets you get. Incursions are where the sets are. I think all of that is changing with 1.4. Since you're already above the gear score to get Tier 2 world difficulty personally I don't think you have to suffer through current Division.

GazzaGSi

Underground isn't really a great way to get gear. You can get 229 weapons from the caches but you're limited to which gear sets you get. Incursions are where the sets are. I think all of that is changing with 1.4. Since you're already above the gear score to get Tier 2 world difficulty personally I don't think you have to suffer through current Division.

Wise words. The only thing I'd probably recommend is to farm some phoenix credits with the new gear, mods and blueprints being offered at vendors. I've been running Lexington just acouple of times a day and doing the daily phoenix credit challenge, upto around 1100 now so should be at the 2000 cap by the time 1.4 drops and ready to spend :)

DrBo42

Live characters finally got moved over to the PTS.

Definitely feels better with these characters. Set the map to Tier 4 and got a green drop off a random mob in Manhattan, felt good. TTK really doesn't feel that different though. Still nothing attracting you to the PvE map activity wise other than incursions, HVTs and the search and destroy missions from safe houses. If they added some dynamic events and made certain areas warzones between factions etc it would feel much more alive. Obviously the update wasn't meant to do that but now that gear and drops are being set where they should it really highlights just how bad the pve experience is.

LNBL

Finally got the game, no regrets! Loving the atmosphere and everything, only level 6 now but excited to get back in later.

So as a new player the Dark Zone is basically pointless now ? Every time, without fail, I enter the door, and 4 heavily armed and high level twats are there just waiting to shoot me.

DrBo42

So as a new player the Dark Zone is basically pointless now ? Every time, without fail, I enter the door, and 4 heavily armed and high level twats are there just waiting to shoot me.

Yeah, pretty much. Get with a group if you can down the road or wait for them to make meaningful changes to DZ. Who knows when that will happen though. Likely months down the road at least.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Finally got the game, no regrets! Loving the atmosphere and everything, only level 6 now but excited to get back in later.

tumblr_npfwxozScp1t2as4so1_500.gif

Mullah88

Now I see why solo players are getting frustrated. Basically dz1-4 only drops 204 items and rarely gear set drops? That is so shitty even the supply drops. To make matters worse once you step into dz5 you're automatically getting wrecked by shotgunners that will chase you till you break line of sight lol. Yeah not wasting my time, already got enough dz credits with nothing to buy and don't feel like getting jumped and not being able to leave or enter a safe house.

With the new patch, I'm not getting rid of my min/maxed set till a definite number for skill power/electronic is giving. The tactician authority set is still the goat for me. The near 100% upkeep of skills is the best

GazzaGSi

Got 3 BLIND pieces from my supply drops today, normally I'd lol but I like the sound of that new Banshee set that BLIND is getting reworked to so keeping them to try out in 1.4

Also a new LMG blueprint "accidently" got put on the PTS, Skillup has a decent video about it but expect it to be nerfed before non PTS peasants get hold of it. Supposedly it's due when Survival is released:

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=RS7LElhTuFs

Razgreez

Spent quite a lot of time reading PTS feedback and watching videos. I've put some comments in the post (quote to see) but reading it it comes off somewhat rant-y (and I'm not a fan of ranting) so i'd rather leave it there. Needless to say I'm less enthusiastic about 1.4 improving the game

rrc1594

sometime this month, if they do the schedule of updating on thursday then the last day is on the 27th.

They haven't put a date on it yet, but I'm more than happy to wait. I really want them to get it right with this patch. I miss playing this game.

Yeah I really love the game but stop playing after couple weeks. I wasn't a fan how end game was handled. Everything about the game was fun so willing to give it another try

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
When is the big update?

I know they keep saying they want to "Wait until they are done," but they need to get 1.4 out before Battlefield. If they are trying to regain players, don't wait until after Battlefield 1 to release the update.

DrBo42

I know they keep saying they want to "Wait until they are done," but they need to get 1.4 out before Battlefield. If they are trying to regain players, don't wait until after Battlefield 1 to release the update.

Eh. People have already fled the division. Releasing 1.4 without it being ready would be the worst thing to do. That and Battlefield 1 won't last, too similar to Battlefront. I expect it's not really what people wanted.

Mullah88

haha awesome definitely having a banshee build. the fact you dont loose xp or funds when rogues kill you (when not rogue) is a great addition and makes the set a must for solo dz runners, just need to decide whether to spec it for pvp or pve?....or hybrid. wtf would they reduce ammo capacity? i know ttk is also reduced but c'mon.

Just got a 3.4 GB update for the PC PTS version. Will give it a go later tonight. Played a bit last night on my new PC and while the game can be a looker on consoles it is amazing on PC. All bells and whistles combined with 60 FPS makes it quite the experience.

Mullah88

Just got a 3.4 GB update for the PC PTS version. Will give it a go later tonight. Played a bit last night on my new PC and while the game can be a looker on consoles it is amazing on PC. All bells and whistles combined with 60 FPS makes it quite the experience.

hope the pro gets all those bells and whistles except for the obvious frame rate bump

Top Bottom