• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

GazzaGSi

what activity do i do to get blind sets?

Mainly underground.
Have you got your season pass crates yet?
I got 3 from them.
Funny thing is, I used to get loads of Blind but sold it all and now it's my most wanted set to try out and struggling to make a 4 piece lol

Wolfe

Just got a 3.4 GB update for the PC PTS version. Will give it a go later tonight. Played a bit last night on my new PC and while the game can be a looker on consoles it is amazing on PC. All bells and whistles combined with 60 FPS makes it quite the experience.

Playing on PS4 so I can only imagine. That's the main reason (aside from the 3D) that Mario Kart 7 looked so damn good to me, the high frame rate makes everything look so smooth in motion. Love it.

After a bit of time with the PTS build I, well, I don't know.

I was given a pre-made max-score 229 character (lots of weapon choices as well) and also a bunch of gear set caches to open. After opening them I still couldn't come up with a complete build so I was using a 2-2-2 build.

Maybe it is because of not having a well tuned build but I really didn't notice much difference regarding the NPC TTK but I did feel like I had become a bullet sponge. It was weird.

I was playing in Tier 4 but the only missions that had a Challenging difficulty option were the same ones that always had it. I really hope they are still planning on allowing all missions to be played in Challenging like they had said before.

I don't think the solo player scaling has been implemented yet either (at least I hope not) but will test some Underground Ops out later on.

I guess the highlight of the experience so far has been a Reclaimer drop from Lexington and 229 High-end gear/weapons from random NPCs.

I feel like it is even more of an RPG vs a shooter than before as the numbers are a bit foreign and there's a lot more mod slots and such.

Also concerning Gear Sets, I noticed some major changes like completely removing the Reloading bonus from FireCrest which was the only reason to use it in the first place.

Just ran my first solo Underground Op in Tier 4 on Challenging which was a piece of cake and that was on a franken-build with zero synergy and unoptimized overall.

TTK and player toughness is definitely improved but I have to think that having level 33 enemies instead of 35 is a big reason for that beyond the balancing.

Shotgunners are no longer scary, at least in this PTS build.

Mullah88

Mainly underground.
Have you got your season pass crates yet?
I got 3 from them.
Funny thing is, I used to get loads of Blind but sold it all and now it's my most wanted set to try out and struggling to make a 4 piece lol

playing underground on hard with directives will i get 268gs items and 229 weapons from the caches?

Mullah88

are you talking about the ones you get when you rank up?

if so then yes since the caches that you get are tied to your gearscore

yeah shit is stupid, boss drop on hard with multiple directives (i know that only goes to your xp) only gives 214 not even 240 items and 182 weapons! fucking silly. and skill up is complaining about the latest pts patch being easy on challenging playing solo? thats basically the difficulty to get anything meaningful. i say challenging should be doable solo if your build is good enough. it shouldnt automatically mean group activity, thats what heroic should be

GazzaGSi

that's basically the difficulty to get anything meaningful. i say challenging should be doable solo if your build is good enough. it shouldnt automatically mean group activity, thats what heroic should be

In 1.4 you'll still get 229 gear if you're in world tier 4 on Hard mode, just a reduced amount.

I agree, challenging should be doable soloing but he's saying challenging is basically what hard mode is now difficulty wise so it does need a tweak imo.
To attempt challenging solo I'd like a decent, min/maxed build required in order to complete it (which can be built while going through hard mode) so you're ready for the step up.

Getting afew random gear set pieces, just 50% armour mitigation and steam rolling challenging is abit weak tbf.

You probably already have but if not, level an alt in UG for the caches, equip high GS items and open them hoping for 268 blind if that's what you're still after.

yeah shit is stupid, boss drop on hard with multiple directives (i know that only goes to your xp) only gives 214 not even 240 items and 182 weapons! fucking silly. and skill up is complaining about the latest pts patch being easy on challenging playing solo? thats basically the difficulty to get anything meaningful. i say challenging should be doable solo if your build is good enough. it shouldnt automatically mean group activity, thats what heroic should be

I can attest to this as with a well-tuned build the Challenging difficulty in the current PTS build would very much feel like the 1.3 Hard difficulty.

Gear Score for gear/weapons is being restructured with stat/bonus/talent tweaks as well. I wouldn't even bother with making much of an effort to acquire gear before the 1.4 update if you are not already well-equipped.

It seems all types of gear will be much more easily attainable and the game-modes themselves dumbed down drastically difficulty wise. This will be the next balancing act/problem.

hiro4

So I bought this game last Saturday and already put some hours in to it.
So far enjoying it as much as I was enjoying the Beta.

Though I'm wondering is the Season Pass worth it?
Or is it a case of waiting is better, since the first 30 hours you won't access those area's.
The Season pass is already twice the amount I paid for the base game, so it already has a high bar it has to overcome.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So I bought this game last Saturday and already put some hours in to it.
So far enjoying it as much as I was enjoying the Beta.

Or is it a case of waiting is better, since the first 30 hours you won't access those area's.
The Season pass is already twice the amount I paid for the base game, so it already has a high bar it has to overcome.

I feel like this is the new scam to try to recoup money from dropping costs - companies refusing to sell the season pass for less than the launch price. lol

If you don't have the season pass now, I imagine it's best for you to wait for the patch and see if people are still playing it first. Basically the four biggest multiplayer games of the year are coming out in successive weeks, so... The Division has a hard time ahead.

GazzaGSi

I'd hold out buying the season pass. I wouldn't be surprised if it was on sale soon to try and lure some of the userbase back.

hiro4

I feel like this is the new scam to try to recoup money from dropping costs - companies refusing to sell the season pass for less than the launch price. lol

If you don't have the season pass now, I imagine it's best for you to wait for the patch and see if people are still playing it first. Basically the four biggest multiplayer games of the year are coming out in successive weeks, so... The Division has a hard time ahead.

I'd hold out buying the season pass. I wouldn't be surprised if it was on sale soon to try and lure some of the userbase back.

Thanks for the information.
Good point that the season pass might drop in price especially when 1.4 drop.

For now I'll enjoy the base content!

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football

Good call. I am thinking of going through the story again with another character just to experience it again. Production value was through the roof, IMO.

Mullah88

In 1.4 you'll still get 229 gear if you're in world tier 4 on Hard mode, just a reduced amount.

I agree, challenging should be doable soloing but he's saying challenging is basically what hard mode is now difficulty wise so it does need a tweak imo.
To attempt challenging solo I'd like a decent, min/maxed build required in order to complete it (which can be built while going through hard mode) so you're ready for the step up.

Getting afew random gear set pieces, just 50% armour mitigation and steam rolling challenging is abit weak tbf.

You probably already have but if not, level an alt in UG for the caches, equip high GS items and open them hoping for 268 blind if that's what you're still after.

I can attest to this as with a well-tuned build the Challenging difficulty in the current PTS build would very much feel like the 1.3 Hard difficulty.

Gear Score for gear/weapons is being restructured with stat/bonus/talent tweaks as well. I wouldn't even bother with making much of an effort to acquire gear before the 1.4 update if you are not already well-equipped.

It seems all types of gear will be much more easily attainable and the game-modes themselves dumbed down drastically difficulty wise. This will be the next balancing act/problem.

good to know, i just think ttk pre patch 1.3 was good. even before 1.2 the ttk was also good. 1.3 messed it up for everybody, the way i see it, they need to floored everyone with loots and and then introduce higher gs items thats going to be rare to get (pre 1.3)...or make it like 1.1 and let us craft what we want with blueprints available to work with

GazzaGSi

good to know, i just think ttk pre patch 1.3 was good. even before 1.2 the ttk was also good. 1.3 messed it up for everybody, the way i see it, they need to floored everyone with loots and and then introduce higher gs items thats going to be rare to get (pre 1.3)...or make it like 1.1 and let us craft what we want with blueprints available to work with

There's a detailed right up on loot, weighting, sealed caches, crafting and more here posted afew hours ago:

http://tomclancy-thedivision.ubi.com/game/en-US/news/152-270142-16/the-hunt-for-loot

Nice to know I can burn my division tech converting to materials now, although I did read a select few blueprints from the DZ will still require division tech but most blueprints have had the DT requirement removed :)

I'm sure it won't be long, the game has been out 7 months now so must be due a price drop. I know other season passes I've seen have normally dropped after the 6 month point (star wars Battlefront and Driveclub to name acouple, think they were even reduced prior to 6 months).

On a separate note, I don't suppose anyone has heard anything about a possible PS4 Pro update? Would love a more stable frame rate in some areas and some polish around the edges or a '4k' option.

GazzaGSi

One thing I'd missed that is changing (unsure if anyone else here saw it) but the weapon recalibration will now roll with 6 different weapon talents in 1.4 compared to 3 (+ the original talent) as was in 1.3

Lastly, there's alot of news going around twitter regrading 1.4 and various gaming sites going through the changes etc so I'm thinking we may see 1.4 sooner rather than later. Hoping a date is announced during the next SOTG.

TK-421

Hasmish said i n his opinion October 25 but Nov 1 isn't that far off and if they need more time to fix bugs etc then go ahead.

Yeah, but I'd be surprised.

Considering typically Sony/MS want 2 weeks to QA title updates. Massive will finish up 1.4 this week and then submit for testing, which would be another 2 weeks. And that's assuming it passes of course.

xclaw

Hopped on for the supply drops.

Deadeye and two un-usable weapons. Holding on to them just to see what 1.4 does.

I wanted to run through a few missions but really am just holding out for the update. :(

GazzaGSi

Hopped on for the supply drops.

Deadeye and two un-usable weapons. Holding on to them just to see what 1.4 does.

I wanted to run through a few missions but really am just holding out for the update. :(

Just did the same, 2 predators mark and 1 Blind piece so can't complain. Got a nice Lmg rpk with brutal and destructive, IIRC they got a nice buff so held on to it.

Ran heroic Lex for the daily rikers phoenix credits and to top up from the 50 credits at the end. Was so easy it's a shame there's such a big spike in difficulty doing heroic UG and incursions.

I got my PC character up to level 25 with all side missions, etc cleared up through Lexington.

I'm thinking I'll probably stay solo on PC and group up on Xbox One.

I haven't played this week's PTS build to see the difficulty changes. I don't think I'll bother with it anymore being so close to 1.4 and needing to put time into/finish off a fresh character so the real fun can begin.

fr0st

Banned
Is anyone else saving sealed caches for 1.4? I'm wondering if it will have the new performance mods on it or keep the rng skill attributes that it has.

GazzaGSi

Is anyone else saving sealed caches for 1.4? I'm wondering if it will have the new performance mods on it or keep the rng skill attributes that it has.

Save them. Especially with some weapon talents being removed from the game. You wouldn't want a god rolled weapon to have a shit talent that's being deleted. I think the new performance mod on gear is also better than rng skill attribute as it leaves you the option to roll a different attribute on the gear and select which skill mod you want rather than recalibrating.

GazzaGSi

PTS ends tomorrow guys if anyone wants one last blast before its closed.

End of Update 1.4 PTS
Agents,

On Tuesday, October 18th at 10:00am CEST / 04:00am EDT / 01:00am PDT the PTS for Update 1.4 will come to an end.

As we wrap things up, we want to thank everyone for your involvement in making the PTS a huge success.

These dedicated forums will remain open until the Update goes live, so feel free to continue discussing PTS related topics.

Thank you,
The Division Team

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1508355-End-of-Update-1-4-PTS

I can almost smell 1.4!

Mullah88

lol ill take a pic of my dz stash, its almost full of caches, same with 13 caches from the underground. cant wait to see whats all inside. ive been itching to open them all up. heading back into the dz to get more before the patch hits.

EL CUCO

j9SDzNW.jpg

Mullah88

So any concensus on skill power drop off? I need the optimum number of when it hits max for skills like booster shots and med kits. If I can find a vigorous chest piece, that'll greatly help with the build I'm setting up for

Top Bottom