• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

Dead

well not really...yet
Excited for the patch. Just recently started playing again and am loving it, glad there will be a much more solid endgame as well.

Went ahead and bought the season pass in preparation as well.

GazzaGSi

At the start of the stream Hamish mentioned the patch size of 1.4 for consoles, (afew minutes later got told not to mention patch size info but was too late lol) PS4 roughly 11GB, Xbox One roughly 5GB. Anyone think there maybe some Pro features added in there due to the size difference or am I hoping for too much and is it normal where file sizes vary that much?

Mullah88

had a bit of fun yesterday in the dz, couldnt find a group so i went in solo. equipped my overheal booster shot and ammo cache, on the talents, i used the talent that reduces damage 50% when going cover to cover for 10 seconds. went in from dz1 west entrance. i placed the cache box on top of a tent to prevent people from destroying it, before going in i also equipped some gears to top off at 750k toughness (dps is shit tho) and base skill power was at 41k (without proc'n tactician authority).

went into the dz, went rogue but didnt kill the players and all i did for the next 10-15 minutes was bounce between covers over healing and laughing my ass off on the open mic. the only time my health dropped to the second bar was when i stood still to aim and place the ammo cache on top of the tents. edr is about 65% that also helped. one thing is for certain tho the shock turret is annoying as hell! anyways some of the agents gave up and went about there business, the saddest part about al of this is the NPC had a greater chance of killing me than other players

pje122

I'm having trouble connecting right now on PS4. Does anyone know if anything is going on?

It says: Error - The Division serves are not available at this time. Please try again later. Mike 20170241

xclaw

I'm having trouble connecting right now on PS4. Does anyone know if anything is going on?

It says: Error - The Division serves are not available at this time. Please try again later. Mike 20170241

Could be the internet DNS/DDOS issue ongoing right now....

AlexBasch

So the game is on sale at Amazon and I'm reaaaaaally curious about it.

What were the main issues about the game? Is there enough content to be enjoyed alone? Do I absolutely have to play with other people? Is PVP mandatory? If I don't have the season pass I'm screwed?

Dead

well not really...yet
So the game is on sale at Amazon and I'm reaaaaaally curious about it.

What were the main issues about the game? Is there enough content to be enjoyed alone? Do I absolutely have to play with other people? Is PVP mandatory? If I don't have the season pass I'm screwed?
It's a great solo experience lv 1-30

Endgame was the main issue for most people and with the release of the last patch a lot of balance issues

I definitely recommend it for the main campaign which you can solo and with Tuesday's patch the endgame after that should be much improved.

Patchy

Banned
I bought this yesterday. Only level 7 at the moment but I am really enjoying myself.

The UI is a bit of a disaster though...

One thing I've noticed is that it seems pretty much dead player wise on PC. I only one human player during a siege and he was AFK the entire time.

Is this normal?

fr0st

Banned
I bought this yesterday. Only level 7 at the moment but I am really enjoying myself.

The UI is a bit of a disaster though...

One thing I've noticed is that it seems pretty much dead player wise on PC. I only one human player during a siege and he was AFK the entire time.

Is this normal?
A lot of the player base is probably at end game.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
A lot of the player base is probably at end game.

In going through the single player again, it is pretty much a ghost town, even on X1. The safe houses are empty. I am enjoying it though. I decided to stop at level 10 to see how leveling is going to be after 1.4.

Hey guys 2 questions:

1. I only have base game is there a point to playing? I havent played since a month after launch, do I need all the expansions?

2. Notes are a bit unclear, can i change the world zone of the main city (single player instance) and everyone will be high level and drop good loot? Aka I dont have to go to the darkzone the entire time.

Mullah88

Hey guys 2 questions:

1. I only have base game is there a point to playing? I havent played since a month after launch, do I need all the expansions?

2. Notes are a bit unclear, can i change the world zone of the main city (single player instance) and everyone will be high level and drop good loot? Aka I dont have to go to the darkzone the entire time.

yes switch to tier 4 and only high end and gear set items will drop.

man they really switched up all the gear set bonuses. looking at the changes i really dont see a need to run a 4 piece set, more likely going to be a combination of 2/2/2, 3/3, 4/2 high end

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Hey guys 2 questions:

The only thing you are going to be missing out on is the Underground at this point. You are going to get the chance to select a level to make the open world more rewarding/challenging. Also the HVTs are supposed to be doable solo and give good loot. Also the named bosses in the open world are back. So I think you will still benefit from the changes even without the expansions.

The only thing you are going to be missing out on is the Underground at this point. You are going to get the chance to select a level to make the open world more rewarding/challenging. Also the HVTs are supposed to be doable solo and give good loot. Also the named bosses in the open world are back. So I think you will still benefit from the changes even without the expansions.

yes switch to tier 4 and only high end and gear set items will drop.

man they really switched up all the gear set bonuses. looking at the changes i really dont see a need to run a 4 piece set, more likely going to be a combination of 2/2/2, 3/3, 4/2 high end

Awesome, thanks. I think i will re-install see how it goes. I liked just roaming the city, so if we can do that and get decent loot I am in.

Xyrmellon

Have they announced when servers are going down? I know during normal maintenance it's usually in the middle of the night EST. I want to know as soon as I can play.

EL CUCO

Have they announced when servers are going down? I know during normal maintenance it's usually in the middle of the night EST. I want to know as soon as I can play.
The patches have always been up first thing after maintenance. By the looks of their Twitter account, that looks to be the case for 1.4 as well.

Oh man. They day has finally come. I'm not sure I will keep playing this game tho. After so many weeks away... idk. :/

Edit:

• Added a player reporting interface for PC users.
  • Players now have the “mark as junk” option when equipping mods.
    [*]Players can now mark weapon and gear items as “favorites” which locks them in their inventory. Locked items cannot be sold, shared or dismantled.
    [*]Added a buyback option to vendor’s inventory. Players can now recover items they have accidentally sold.
  • Added Quick Nav option to vendors and menus allowing players to quickly select item types they want to display.
    [*]Weapon skins no longer take inventory space.
  • Equipped items are now always displayed at the top of the inventory list.
  • Recalibrated items now have an icon displayed next to their recalibrated stat/talent.
    [*]Crafting materials can now be converted in bulk at the Crafting Station.
  • Players can now deconstruct items from the Stash.
    [*]Players now have an option to find a better server if they are currently on one that is not their best option. They can do so from the Group Management menu.
  • Players are no longer able to open their inventory while under status effect.
  • Recalibration bench now opens instantly instead of waiting for watch tapping animation.

Edit 2:

V
  • endors will now sell Sealed Cache for all currencies.
  • Marksman Rifles, ARs and Shotgun prices have been lowered.
  • Gear Set items now cost as much as a high end gear piece, resulting in a large price reduction.

OMG! This is incredible.

Sarcasm

Is the patch out? I been away for long time, since the underground dungeon thing.

Anybody got anything to help me get up to speed?

Granted I'm super tired but I booted it up and have no idea WTF I'm even doing or supposed to do in this game anymore. Just super overwhelmed by all the icons and message pop ups.

I honestly might just make a new character and start fresh. Seems too big of a hassle to get reassociated with my old build and whatever path I was on when I stopped playing.

DrBo42

Granted I'm super tired but I booted it up and have no idea WTF I'm even doing or supposed to do in this game anymore. Just super overwhelmed by all the icons and message pop ups.

I honestly might just make a new character and start fresh. Seems too big of a hassle to get reassociated with my old build and whatever path I was on when I stopped playing.

Not the worst idea but there's really not much going on that's different.

- Post 30 your xp goes towards a loot cache that can be opened from your inventory screen.

- You now select a world tier based on gear level now that determines overall enemy level and loot rewards for everything (not sure if mission difficulties are still in).

- Safehouses give search and destroy missions so you can gain intel. Intel is then spent on HVT bounty missions at base.

- Wandering world bosses are back.

That's pretty much everything that the game has in relevant activities other than Incursions, Underground and DZ.

GazzaGSi

So an hour in and here's what happened, 60 minutes play time:

Checked my stats, don't now if they suck or not with the new system, 200k DPS, 350k toughness, 90k Skill.

Selected world tier 4:

Straight to our old friend Bullet King, Alphabridge holster and HE pistol.

Solo, Lexington, Challenging. (My go to Phoenix farm). And got absolutely spanked, didn't even make it in the event center passed the first hostage.

Grouped up for the same mission and we made it through the mission with a couple of downs but nothing major. This felt harder for me than Heroic Lex on 1.3 probably because of how all the builds have changed and crit chance etc.

Loot from lex: 1 TA backpack from a trash mob on the roof top, 2 HE and 1 Banshee holster from Larae.

Next I went to DZ06 east entrance for 3 DivTech boxes for the daily assignment which rewards a Cache, 2 HE's from this.

Field Proficiency cache requirement met: 2 Gear set, Hunters Faith holster & Reclaimer backpack.

After exiting the DZ by the entrance I used I ran back to the BoOps to see what kinda stuff I got from the trash mobs along the way. I didn't come across any other named NPC's (wasn't looking for them) and I got 7 gear set items (too many to list) and afew HE's as well as meeting another Field Proficiency for rank and daily assignment.

Kind of overwhelmed at the minute, have that much stuff I don't know whats decent and what isnt at the moment especially with how the numbers have changed and the range on the gear numbers.

Bear in mind, all this was in just 60 minutes of gameplay and a quick write up.
My G36 and M1A suck so I'm on the hunt for weaponary which is probably why I got spanked running Lex solo. Also, when I mentioned HE's, it ranged from guns, mods, gear.

Edit: Oh, & Paul Rhodes Still has shit to do!

Silvard

So an hour in and here's what happened, 60 minutes play time:

Checked my stats, don't now if they suck or not with the new system, 200k DPS, 350k toughness, 90k Skill.

Selected world tier 4:

Straight to our old friend Bullet King, Alphabridge holster and HE pistol.

Solo, Lexington, Challenging. (My go to Phoenix farm). And got absolutely spanked, didn't even make it in the event center passed the first hostage.

Grouped up for the same mission and we made it through the mission with a couple of downs but nothing major. This felt harder for me than Heroic Lex on 1.3 probably because of how all the builds have changed and crit chance etc.

Loot from lex: 1 TA backpack from a trash mob on the roof top, 2 HE and 1 Banshee holster from Larae.

Next I went to DZ06 east entrance for 3 DivTech boxes for the daily assignment which rewards a Cache, 2 HE's from this.

Field Proficiency cache requirement met: 2 Gear set, Hunters Faith holster & Reclaimer backpack.

After exiting the DZ by the entrance I used I ran back to the BoOps to see what kinda stuff I got from the trash mobs along the way. I didn't come across any other named NPC's (wasn't looking for them) and I got 7 gear set items (too many to list) and afew HE's as well as meeting another Field Proficiency for rank and daily assignment.

Kind of overwhelmed at the minute, have that much stuff I don't know whats decent and what isnt at the moment especially with how the numbers have changed and the range on the gear numbers.

Bear in mind, all this was in just 60 minutes of gameplay and a quick write up.
My G36 and M1A suck so I'm on the hunt for weaponary which is probably why I got spanked running Lex solo. Also, when I mentioned HE's, it ranged from guns, mods, gear.

Edit: Oh, & Paul Rhodes Still has shit to do!

WTF? 7 gear set items just from walking back to BoO from DZ?

Patch downloaded automatically during the night and I booted the game up to see if all was working properly and I'm happy to say YES! Wanted to test World Tier 4 so I went to get my Season Pass Supply dorp and I got a good challenge with the 7-8 Level 33 NPC guarding it.

Today will be a long day at work and I can't wait to play some more tonight.

Fun fact: they added music when you wait during fast travel. not much but still one of many improvements!

Top Bottom