• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

Wait the APC now fires regularly? I thought it was only suppose to fire after bomb plants lol

Nope.

All day at work, I was reading about how the Incursion wasn't that challenging on Hard, you could run it with three good players, etc.

I get home at 9 PM, a few hours after the lil maintenance patch, and me, my brother, and two solid MM players (all using comms) couldn't get past wave three. Kept getting DESTROYED by grenades, cluster bombs, and whatever else gets shot our way. We were rarely downed by small arms, except the occasional shotgunner.

I am an avid Destiny player as well and the newest patch is amazing.

Easily get your characters to almost the max Light (330-335) on day one. It is very similar to the endgame in House of Wolves, which was quick and very rewarding.

This patch for The Division is the complete opposite.
Was already considering going back to destiny. This is encouraging.

Definity

Nope.

All day at work, I was reading about how the Incursion wasn't that challenging on Hard, you could run it with three good players, etc.

I get home at 9 PM, a few hours after the lil maintenance patch, and me, my brother, and two solid MM players (all using comms) couldn't get past wave three. Kept getting DESTROYED by grenades, cluster bombs, and whatever else gets shot our way. We were rarely downed by small arms, except the occasional shotgunner.

Exactly how my night went. Talked to a buddy that did it before the hotfix and he said it was a breeze. I didn't even realize there was a hotfix until after i started playing. Told him he must have played a different version, lol. Turns out he did.

Wait, what? Is this true?

OMFG I'm dying laughing....all those who grinded alts RIP!

Man that's unfortunate. Was in the process of running an alt to see if we could have a shot at getting the initial Incursion rewards multiple times each week. But if the only way to get around this is an "exploit" then that's lame.

Not saying I won't do it but still lame :p

EL CUCO

Last night I got my first HE M44, and a HE Socom M1A. I'm enjoying this patch quite a bit so far, especially when you realize GS really is just a number.

Also got to max mitigation and raised my health a few grand :)

It sounds like they tried to add some changes to make stuff much more grindy because people were crafting dozens of vectors each week.

Then they did the "other half of the story" as damage control when people pointed out that crafting was the only was to get around the fact that 99% of drops are shit.

Of course, they boosted HE drop rates, but made them worthless because the best gear is only realistically obtainable by grinding incursion challenge or crafting from the GS204 blueprints.

It's like they don't realise that the RNG makes most drops useless, even if they drop at GS204.
I'm not a perfectionist (thank fuck) but the majority of talents/attributes are useless, or if it does then it's combined with a bad/wrong stat roll.

The way the game is going, they're going to kill the 90% of players that miss the early exploits and don't poopsock their way to the high-level gear. I'm not grinding lincoln tunnel challenge just on the off chance that the boss drops something useful.

IMO they need to do a major stat rebalancing.
It should not be an option to have +12% disrupt resistance vs. 45% extra ammo. No one wants disrupt resistance (what does that even mean? The 1-second electrocution effect ends a few milliseconds early?)
It needs to be balanced so that all bonuses are useful to certain builds.
It's fine to have high-level items that are trash for my build but not items that are trash to everyone.
And fuck performance mods. Just who thought those were anything but trash.
They also need to fix the DPS meta. Tank builds aren't viable and electronics builds only work when you have a co-ordinated group.

fr0st

Banned
I haven't seen a good answer to the question of how increased material requirements is a problem if yellow drops have been increased tenfold?
RNG upon RNG upon RNG means that you will craft more and more. The material increase made sense but the drops are still worse than what you can craft.

Whers the best place to kill cleaners in the dz?

I ran around for an hour and didnt see a single one?

We were running DZ05-06 last night and killed about 30 over 2 hours or so, roaming around landmarks. However, I'm pretty sure they're all over. I know I've seen them in DZ03, too.

Paertan

Neither of the Daily Hard Missions start for me. Gate or door closed. Tried joining others and same thing. Anyone been able to do them today?

The only thing that initially bothered me was the Crafting nerf but in actuality it's not as bad as I thought it would be and as for the rest of the game there's a few bumps that need to be ironed out but they are not unfixable so for now I will reserve my judgement of the game until they release content I actually paid for (I'm a Gold Edition player) since I don't feel like throwing a tantrum or being reactive over free content.

Why does it matter if its free or not? It fundamentally changes how the game works. Price is irrelevant.

i though you were suppose to be able to see the gear score of randoms in the DZ?
if you can then i have no idea where it is.

You stupidly have to use the "Hold R3 to Inspect Player" to bring up the menu to view it.

Why they didn't just put it over people's heads like when you're in a Safe House in the PvE area is beyond me.

Paertan

You stupidly have to use the "Hold R3 to Inspect Player" to bring up the menu to view it.

Why they didn't just put it over people's heads like when you're in a Safe House in the PvE area is beyond me.

If it hovered over your head it would promote Kill on Sight if the score is lower than your own. Not there is a uncertainty and risk with attacking someone you just spotted.

FLAguy954

Ouch, that's just ridiculous.

I thought it was fixed as well, but they have not confirmed it anywhere.

GS made enemies hit harder so that may be it. I felt the 32 elites in DZ05-06 were doing more damage post-patch.

Yeah, the 32 elites in both the DZ and the CM definitely feel like they deal more damage (which fucking sucks with how hard they have nerfed everything). Good thing I have that gear talent that gives you a 41% armor increase while taking cover (I currently have 56% and taking cover puts me at the max of 65% armor).

Its been crazy seeing the change in attitude here and on the subreddit based on this patch.

If Massive honestly wanted us to focus more on drops and not crafting, they just fucked up huge because that isn't the case and the HE drops are 99% trash.

Not to mention that everything costs 3-5x more but we aren't getting PxC and other currencies and mats at 3-5x the pace. Dailies give 2 HE DT and some DZ XP, and the mats you get from HE drops isn't enough.

The cost to re-calibrate a Gear Set item that is 214 goes:
74 000
100 000
150 000
etc etc

You can literally spend all your currencies and mats you've been hoarding the past month in a few minutes and have barely any progress from it.

One thing we need to keep in mind is that this patch had maybe 2-3 weeks of playtesting at the most if that. So we are once gain using our time and money we paid for this game to beta test it for them.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Why does it matter if its free or not? It fundamentally changes how the game works. Price is irrelevant.
Because fair critism seems to be a rarity in this game and some of the reactions I have seem to be on the extreme end and if you boil it down nothing was "fundamentally changed".The best weapons are still only craftable,your still scrounging for resources to do those Crafting,RNG remains the same,Phoenix Credits are still earned the same way and the only actual change was the best Equipment is only obtained in the CM Incursion.

Basically all they did was move the flagpole and if you have an issue with that than I could tell you right now that the game is not for you.I seen alot of critism that mirrors that of what I seen in Final Fantasy XIV but the only difference is that those people have a good 100% justified reasons for their extreme reactions because they are paying for every piece of content they are receiving thanks to the monthly fee but those same extreme reactions are not justified here in my opinion.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Gonna try another piece of gear without Reckless that has the same perks on it.

Also why the fuck isn't Lexington fixed if the hostage dies. If the hostage dies just restart or fail the mission. Killing everyone then not being able to open the door is a pain.

Also, what's the deal with Lvl 31 and 32 DZ enemies dropping Lvl 30 loot? It's literally a waste. Just drop mats and save us the trouble.

Yeah the max is 163 or 182 GS items from the DZ, even for the High Level mobs in DZ06.

Massive said this was going to be the main way to get loot now, but it isn't...

Selling it, breaking it down for mats and such to craft is how to get good loot, just like before, but its 3-5x the cost and grind with nothing to mitigate that increase.

I love how we all praised the HE drops and forgave the crafting and other nerfs the patch had...and then over the past 24 hours we realized it was shit.

It is also baffling that they lied and never told us about the nerfs to DT exchanges as well from 2 to 5 as the requirement to craft a higher value one. I exchange mine anyways before the patch to be sure, but most didn't and got screwed, basically depreciating the value of their DT in half.

What a mess =[

Because fair critism seems to be a rarity in this game and some of the reactions I have seem to be on the extreme end and if you boil it down nothing was "fundamentally changed".The best weapons are still only craftable,your still scrounging for resources to do those Crafting,RNG remains the same,Phoenix Credits are still earned the same way and the only actual change was the best Equipment is only obtained in the CM Incursion.

You do realize this is the exact opposite of what the devs communicated to us for this update?

So i did the rooftop daily today and there were no enemy spawns at all. Literary walked all tge way to end. Activated the thinh at the end and it was over.

Basically all they did was move the flagpole and if you have an issue with that than I could tell you right now that the game is not for you.I seen alot of critism that mirrors that of what I seen in Final Fantasy XIV but the only difference is that those people have a good 100% justified reasons for their extreme reactions because they are paying for every piece of content they are receiving thanks to the monthly fee but those same extreme reactions are not justified here in my opinion.

Hahaha but that isn't even what they promised!

They wanted drops to be the focus not crafting, but they basically lied to mitigate the backlash of the increased cost. You're scrounging for resources 3-5x more than we needed to for no reason but to mitigate progress and fun for no good reason.

Also please don't tell me what game is and isn't for me.

We all can criticize as much as we like, we paid for this game and we knew about this Incursion update when we paid for it. It is this that allows games to improve. Imagine if no one said anything about Diablo 3's launch, which once again didn't have a sub. Is you're allowance of criticism is based on whether a game has a sub or not?

Please explain what the fair criticism is because I sure do explain my issues very well. My posts are some of the largest and most frequent ones here.

So please, lets discuss the actual issues with the game.

Its been crazy seeing the change in attitude here and on the subreddit based on this patch.

If Massive honestly wanted us to focus more on drops and not crafting, they just fucked up huge because that isn't the case and the HE drops are 99% trash.

Not to mention that everything costs 3-5x more but we aren't getting PxC and other currencies and mats at 3-5x the pace. Dailies give 2 HE DT and some DZ XP, and the mats you get from HE drops isn't enough.

The cost to re-calibrate a Gear Set item that is 214 goes:
74 000
100 000
150 000
etc etc

You can literally spend all your currencies and mats you've been hoarding the past month in a few minutes and have barely any progress from it.

One thing we need to keep in mind is that this patch had maybe 2-3 weeks of playtesting at the most if that. So we are once gain using our time and money we paid for this game to beta test it for them.

yeah this is fucking BS. Pissing me off that they have no clue

Hjod

Banned
Enemies in >160 dz hit much, much harder.

But the loot drops are still 163 or 182.

It's such a good story to tell your friends and coworkers.

Yeah I did the daily to kill 10 LMBs yesterday and fuck they hurt and that's with 64% dmg migation and 71k hp.

Edit. I have to replace all my gear, can't roll bonus xp on kill on my current gear. And I won't grind to DZ75 when I get 189xp per kill.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Reckless feels fixed to me. Doing challenge again and not losing much health compared to the other piece of chest gear. Stats are pretty identical.

This thread is starting to feel like every Destiny thread ever (on any forum), pre Taken King... and post Take King. Let the hate flow through you.

1toaYuF.gif

Top Bottom