• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

EL CUCO

Immediately switched to World Tier 4 and went to grab my Season Pass Welfare drop expecting to face tank everything and completely destroy the mobs...Nope lol They were lighting me up. If I hadn't switched to the new Recovery Link sig, I actually would've died D:

Then it hit me, lvl 33 Elites are basically the strongest tier NPC now.

Immediately switched to World Tier 4 and went to grab my Season Pass Welfare drop expecting to face tank everything and completely destroy the mobs...Nope lol They were lighting me up. If I hadn't switched to the new Recovery Link sig, I actually would've died D:

Ouch, thanks for the heads up. That up to now was my exact plan. Supply drop content shouldn't change even if you on an lower tier though I hope?

*edit* Did some googling and it does seem the supply drop will keep on being gear score specific. So tier should not matter there. *edit*

EL CUCO

Ouch, thanks for the heads up. That up to now was my exact plan. Supply drop content shouldn't change even if you on an lower tier though I hope?

*edit* Did some googling and it does seem the supply drop will keep on being gear score specific. So tier should not matter there. *edit*
Yeah IIRC the loot crate scales with your GS. The lvl 33 Elites NPC's aren't hard to kill, you just have to actually use cover and skills. Wasn't expecting that at all lol

GazzaGSi

Did the legacy crit hit chance smgs survive or not?

Yes. Been using my Aug to clear some tier 4 challenging stuff with my crit chance being so low I needed it!

Just solo'd the 2nd weekly HVT, roughly a dozen attempts, kept making it to the boss but the enemies push up really aggressive so kept getting wasted.

Eventually did it equipping an M60 LMG, remember reading they got a buff and they certainly have! 2 predators mark and 3HE from 1 HVT mission.

DrBo42

What are the overall impressions and not just in regards to gear sets?

My overall impression from time in PTS is the QoL changes are nice but do nothing to recapture a desire to play. You'll immediately notice a healthy and more intelligent drop rate and quality but at the end of the day the gear that drops is still uninteresting and the activities are stale. it's a much needed revision but without new activities there's no point for me. People new to the game will experience a far better game than we did but the user base has mostly moved on and this doesn't do enough to bring them back.

Se_7_eN

Damn... This is a huge upgrade, my only worry now is lack of gear and seeing the same gear over and over.

It works to drop so much gear in Diablo style dungeon crawlers because there are hundreds of pieces of gear with tons of tiers, I don't believe that is the case with The Division.

GazzaGSi

What are the overall impressions and not just in regards to gear sets?

I like it, the combat is definitely improved and the AI seem more intelligent than before as in taking cover, pushing forward etc. At the minute as I haven't found a good combo of stability/accuracy it certainly feels more like a shooter with the recoil and wrestling with the weapon to control it.

I'm going for an LMG alphabridge build at the minute, got the bits but not had time to check what needs recalibration yet.

oSoLucky

I sold my copy a while back. Will probably pick up another on the cheap. I would hate to leave all this DLC that I paid for to sit unplayed. I stopped right before the 2nd Incursion hit PS4 so I have a bit to do before I get bored again. Hopefully people want to actually PvP in the DZ again like that magical 1 1/2 months after release.

Most of my RL friends agree that it was hands down the most fun we've ever had in a video game. Too bad the rest of the game made everyone want to stop playing.

Shady859

^ $14/$17 new on Amazon.

I saw the news about the updates and decided to get back in as well. I enjoyed the crap out of the missions and early DZ days but once it became a DZ grind fest and all about gear glitching the fun was lost. Will be interesting to see how the game has changed, I stupidly bought the season pass but sold the game after the first big update with the 15 waves and the tank you just could wall glitch.....

Dead

well not really...yet
Leveling up my PS4 character right now and already noticing drops are way better, even now. Enemy AI is also definitely better too.

EL CUCO

Update on the Xbox One Dark Zone Stuttering
Agents,

Update 1.4 went live earlier today and we've received a number of reports of stuttering in the Dark Zone on Xbox One. After further investigation, we have found that the issue is linked to the in game voice chat.

As a temporary solution, we are disabling the game voice chat on Xbox One only. This means that you will no longer be able to use the voice chat in game, which includes group chat and proximity voip. This shut down will not impact the native Xbox One party chat however, so you can continue to use it.

We will be disabling it today at 9:30pm CEST / 3:30pm EDT / 12:30pm PDT.

We are working on a permanent solution.

Thank you for your patience.

The Division Dev Team
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1511601-Update-on-the-Xbox-One-Dark-Zone-Stuttering-Forums?

GazzaGSi

lol to hit the max damage mitigation on tier 4, you'll have to sacrifice a lot!

When I checked my survivability I was down to 38% lol up to 42% now but haven't equipped any new gear or rolled anything, just dropped acouple of stamina/skill mods for stamina/amour. I remember I hit the amour cap easily in 1.3 so rolled some armour off on gear so at least I know there's afew percent available there.

From what I've played so far I'll be happy if I can get it to 50-55% without sacrificing too much. If played cautiously (popping out of cover etc) that should be fine rather than running face on toe to toe with the AI. DZ would be a different story lol

Animal

Banned
I stopped playing a month after launch due to lack of free time. I have a lvl 17 character that I was enjoying very much. About to jump back into this game. Wish me luck!

Yep. Went in all guns blazing and immediately got killed. 2nd time used cover and managed to survive but had to constantly change cover due to grenade fire.

I'm running 3 piece firecrest with the turret and it's so good now. Did a couple of hard underground solo which was fun. Next I will put it up to challenging and see how I get on.

Overall nice update.

Xyrmellon

I had gone to gs 190 when logged in, as expected, but it let me into world level 4 even though I suppoedly wasn't high enough. After about two hours of play, all my weapons and most gear is 229. It was fun jumping in after a couple months off, but I'm afraid once I'm maxed out it isn't going to hold my interest unless they release story content soon.

EL CUCO

I got wayy too much gear to sort through. Dismantling anything under 229.

________

Just completed Heroic Falcon Lost on a team that had completely un optimized gear from the right side generators. It actually felt good. No wipes, LOTS of loot. 👍

Mullah88

to me the game is perfect right now, dz06 can be done solo or with a group, enough loots to keep you coming back and hunting for more. alphabridge is my build, dont know how the stats work but im pretty satisfied with what i have now. vigorous chest, savage gloves and 4 piece AlphaBridge

Dunfisch

Anyone else having some serious trouble with the update? Like, the actual download. The moment I start Uplay it nearly breaks my entire PC, programs stall out, right click doesn't work globally, stuff just doesn't react anymore. Happened after the update hit 1.44 Gbyte downloaded and then nothing. Sits at 0 Mbyte / sec. Only a restart will end it.

GazzaGSi

Someone give the PSN server a kick, fucking thing is down again :( (uk side)

Now if only there was a companion app on mobile for the Division where I could sort over 100 items and create a build.

Played 2 hours last night doing HVT with a buddy and it was really fun. The NPC AI is really improved and it was a real challenge to get them completed. In fact, we actually wiped out many time and had to restart the HVT and the game was bringing us to differnet locations every time so it made the encouters varied.

Loot was good but would've been better if we hadn't wiped so many times! all in all, I'm very happy with the update so far and I see myself putting a lot of hours into The Division once again.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football

Same here. I did the same on Underground on Hard solo. I was running down there like I was Rambo and got smoked a few times. The game is much more rewarding though. Loot everywhere! Kind of like Diablo 3 in a way where you are selling/destroying/storing the bulk of what you get.

GazzaGSi

Been playing with my alt today, it was boosted to 30 in 1.3 for the season pass supply drops so I've got literally a full world of activities to complete like side missions and encounters. The incentive is finally there to do it with decent loot falling on tier 4 and racking up the points for the field proficiency caches.

Having fun but now have 6 complete gear sets with possible variations like 4/2 and 3/3 piece combinations so getting to the point where I'll be left with nothing to achieve in the game.

Stargypsy

I've been wanting to try this for awhile and heard good things about the patch so I ordered a ps4 copy from Amazon. It will be arriving tomorrow with a new controller. :)
Should I grab the Underground DLC right away or can it wait till I get closer to lvl cap?

This is going to be a really dumb question and likely a reading failure on my part, but where is the PC vendor that used to be in the tech wing? I know in the patch notes I saw he was removed, but I still saw stuff about PC being used at some vendor. Is there an equivalent now somewhere else? I haven't played since like April, so I'm really out of the loop.

This is going to be a really dumb question and likely a reading failure on my part, but where is the PC vendor that used to be in the tech wing? I know in the patch notes I saw he was removed, but I still saw stuff about PC being used at some vendor. Is there an equivalent now somewhere else? I haven't played since like April, so I'm really out of the loop.

Going down the ladder where the reward vendor is.

deoee

Are the red pandas back in?

giphy.gif

Se_7_eN

This update really brought the game back to life for me... HUGE improvements all around.

Now I have to balance this, BF1 and Civ 6, what a time to be alive!

fr0st

Banned
im using an AB build with unforgiving/competent/capable/talented/destructive/determined but soloing challenge mission is still pretty hard especially the ones with lmb lol

is anyone else mostly playing solo? i was wondering if a predators mark build pure dps instead of trying to make a skill power build better for solo paly

ALSO please make talents affect smart cover CD.

Top Bottom