• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

After getting back into Destiny for a bit and hearing about the changes to this, i'm looking to get back in.

Not played since just before the underground release (PS4) so i'm probably a fair bit behind, hows the community for this? Still plenty of people playing here on GAF?

Won't be able to play for another couple of weeks yet due to work but if all is well i'm looking forward to testing it out.

GazzaGSi

im using an AB build with unforgiving/competent/capable/talented/destructive/determined but soloing challenge mission is still pretty hard especially the ones with lmb lol

is anyone else mostly playing solo? i was wondering if a predators mark build pure dps instead of trying to make a skill power build better for solo paly

ALSO please make talents affect smart cover CD.

I've mostly been solo and using alphabridge as well with 2 nomad for the health on kill.
I've not decided which I prefer yet with alpha/nomad LMG's or 3 Banshee with the 10% out of cover bonus plus the baked in out of cover bonus on LMG's and 3 Lone Star also with additional LMG damage (think it's 8% IIRC) then there's my savage gloves with bonus LMG damage too.

Will have a play with predators mark tomorrow, have plenty in the stash to mess around with.

need to farm pxc for the lvl33 mods. predators mark is no joke especially if someone in the group is running reclaimer

Which blueprints are around for the lvl33 mods? I'm after performance mods as all I seem to be getting is ballistic shield mods and want pulse/self heal :)

Mullah88

I've mostly been solo and using alphabridge as well with 2 nomad for the health on kill.
I've not decided which I prefer yet with alpha/nomad LMG's or 3 Banshee with the 10% out of cover bonus plus the baked in out of cover bonus on LMG's and 3 Lone Star also with additional LMG damage (think it's 8% IIRC) then there's my savage gloves with bonus LMG damage too.

Will have a play with predators mark tomorrow, have plenty in the stash to mess around with.

Which blueprints are around for the lvl33 mods? I'm after performance mods as all I seem to be getting is ballistic shield mods and want pulse/self heal :)

firearms, electronics and scope blueprint

Tecnniqe

Banned
Are the red pandas back in?

giphy.gif
In the email there was no red pandas :(

GazzaGSi

Finally got the last piece I was after earlier to finish 1 of my builds

Alphabridge 4 piece with Reckless chest & savage gloves with 1000 LMG points on the gloves.

About 30 LMG'S later I finally got 3 talents on each I was happy with:

Fierce
Deadly
Destructive
Accurate
Brutal
Ferocious

Took ages to get a LMG with Ferocious as the free talent as the electronics requirement on it is over 3000. Would mind trying Meticulous instead of Accurate as an instant ammo refill would be a huge bonus.

The Reckless chest and Savage gloves can easily be swapped out for 2 Nomad for the health boost as the rolls are very similar so will see how I get on with it.

Really wouldn't mind knowing what the best weapon types are in 1.4, damage output on the LMG'S is mega but I have some decent assault rifles and SMG'S I wouldn't mind giving a go!

I am getting some serious lag or framerate dips in regards to solo play. Never had this before. I stopped playing after patch 1.2. PS4.

The screen/camera reacts later than my character and with later I mean 2-3 secs. It happens in a few rare circumstances.

Se_7_eN

I just reached tier 4 and got 2 upgrades... Now I am getting worried about what to do once I have the pieces I want, we need some sort of raids :-\

I am getting some serious lag or framerate dips in regards to solo play. Never had this before. I stopped playing after patch 1.2. PS4.

The screen/camera reacts later than my character and with later I mean 2-3 secs. It happens in a few rare circumstances.

Yep, having problems like this on PC also. It got me killed a couple times before I just gave up.

I just reached tier 4 and got 2 upgrades... Now I am getting worried about what to do once I have the pieces I want, we need some sort of raids :-\

This was an issue before the 1.4 update which is the main reason I stopped playing. Now that it is so easy to "gear up" for all players this issue is going to be even more magnified once all the loot drops wear off and the realization sets in.

The only thing about 1.4 I dont like is that alts are basically useless now.

Different builds and gear storage seem useful enough, then again, without anything meaningful to do in-game content wise it all seems rather pointless. This game needs a never-ending floor-to-floor mode with increasing difficulty and leaderboards to actually have something to do with acquired gear.

Getting nothing but disconnects as well, seems like a normal experience.

Really liking the new patch so far. Love the (pve)combat when playing with friends. It's fun again!

Diablo style drop system makes it more enjoyable as well. I basically have I think an end game build already(alpha bridge and tinkering with last two slots. currently LS) but it's still fun hoping for slightly better gear when gear drops. (Like an AB back pack that is not electronics(both lacking armor) like the last two I got... pretty please RNG)

Would still love bigger stash space.

I did have some fun with my fresh PC character last night. Got him up to Tier 3 gear wise playing solo. I like the re-worked AI as it provided some tense moments or maybe it was just a non-optimized build or a combination of the the two. Hoping the fun last once in Tier 4 with a strong build but we'll see.

While I always intended to play mostly solo on PC it seemed like it was a ghost town when attempting to matchmake.

The only thing I hate is that all my existing min maxed gear is basically useless with 1.4 :(

Close to 1000 hours of playtime and it's all gone with a patch..

The only thing about 1.4 I dont like is that alts are basically useless now.

To think you made your kids grind 3 alts for you...parent of the year ;)

pathos11

Got an email about patch 1.4.

I lol'd and said "yeah right" but still went to the Division subreddit to see the patch notes.

I took back my lol then re-downloaded it. Looking forward to trying it out this afternoon. I stopped playing around the end of May, I think. I really loved the mechanics but didn't have time to do a lot of the endgame stuff. Hopping on and taking out some open world bosses will be fun every few days.

So, what's a viable amount of Skill Power after the new patch? Previously, I was running with 34K and that was working out nicely thanks to my Tanktician build. After the update, my SP changed to 129K, which I feel is kind of low?

I want to keep a similar build to what I'm used to, meaning a good amount of SP and a healthy amount of Toughness. I'm currently at 275K/129K. I'm also planning on running the Caduceus again, because that's finally been updated, so I may have to devote some time into Firearms as well.

My current build is 4 TA & 2 Final Measure. They're all spec'd towards Stamina, except for my kneepads which are geared for Electronics. I'm mostly using Pulse & Smart Cover, which helps out. I don't go down quickly in World Tier 4, despite having 40% armor mitigation. Some of my gear is pretty low still, because I haven't had new version drop, so there's that. My mods are all Stamina+Armor.

I feel like I don't know anything about this game anymore, and that's pretty nice. Any suggestions would be great.

GazzaGSi

The only thing I hate is that all my existing min maxed gear is basically useless with 1.4 :(

Close to 1000 hours of playtime and it's all gone with a patch..

I agree it's a complete PITA, especially when you grind for days on end for the final piece to perfect the build but 1.4 is so generous with loot it literally takes afew hours to have an excellent build. My play time across 2 characters totals just over 27 days, I've probably been on 1.4 15-20 hours and have 3 awesome builds for different content.

And your min maxed stuff won't be too bad, all the 269 gear you have will have maxed 1008 points 229GS whether it be in the firearms, stamina or electronics stat. Some of my 1.3 Gear is still viable as the skill attribute that's now removed for 1.4 in place of the mods is relevant to the skill I'm using.

Freeman76

Never thought i would play this again but im really enjoying this patch, so much so i bought underground to suupport these dudes

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
This was an issue before the 1.4 update which is the main reason I stopped playing. Now that it is so easy to "gear up" for all players this issue is going to be even more magnified once all the loot drops wear off and the realization sets in.

The hope is the next DLC will be enough. Underground could have been really cool if 1.4 had come out at that time.

Sober

The hope is the next DLC will be enough. Underground could have been really cool if 1.4 had come out at that time.
They just need to add more world tiers moving forward. Maybe add more HVT stuff and maybe more stuff. Anyone who has played D3 knows the basics are still the same yet people keep coming back. Leaderboards for UG would be a good start I think.

GazzaGSi

They just need to add more world tiers moving forward. Maybe add more HVT stuff and maybe more stuff. Anyone who has played D3 knows the basics are still the same yet people keep coming back. Leaderboards for UG would be a good start I think.

I think you're right with the world tiers thing for future gear score increases, seems a really good foundation to build on. Having never played D3 or any kind of loot based shooter before I'm still loving the Division (even during 1.3!) so hope 1.4 keeps, as well as returns some of the fan base. Alot of people bought the season pass and have since moved on so hopefully Survival is something not to be missed to bring some folk back and once they experience the improvements in 1.4 they decide to stay around for abit.

Popped into the DZ last night for the first time in a while to complete the daily assignment (them Caches are addictive!) as well as the weekly kills assignment. Ended up being in there acouple of hours and made me realise why I like this game so much, did afew extractions, almost had an extraction Hi jacked, got killed by some rogues and killed some rogues. Even with the improvements outside of the DZ, the DZ is still where I get the best experience from purely down to the intensity and will he/won't he turn on me etc. I was mainly solo until at an extraction when 2 other players invited me to their group and we went on a farm for afew extractions. The improvement to enemy AI is spot on, rather than bullet sponges they now actually have some intelligence rather than just soaking up everything you throw at them while they charge you down.

Leaderboards would be nice. Personally, I'd like them to do a bit more with the open world. They're on the right track now, but they should expand on that. It'd be nice if they were treated a bit like the DZ in that I could see other players that aren't in my group running around. Just turn friendly fire off in those areas.

I really think they could do some fun PvP stuff, too. I would love them to add a Capture the Flag mode where skills were removed and stats were normalized. They could even have NPC enemies running around to make it a bit more hectic. An 8 vs. 8 mode would be great, and it would make me want to play more of that stuff.

They have a lot of potential in the DZ, and I hope at some point see more from that. Right now, that's one of the biggest differences with Destiny. The PvP game is so strong, you don't really realize that the rest of the game has you playing the same missions over and over.

Freeman76

Leaderboards would be nice. Personally, I'd like them to do a bit more with the open world. They're on the right track now, but they should expand on that. It'd be nice if they were treated a bit like the DZ in that I could see other players that aren't in my group running around. Just turn friendly fire off in those areas.

I really think they could do some fun PvP stuff, too. I would love them to add a Capture the Flag mode where skills were removed and stats were normalized. They could even have NPC enemies running around to make it a bit more hectic. An 8 vs. 8 mode would be great, and it would make me want to play more of that stuff.

They have a lot of potential in the DZ, and I hope at some point see more from that. Right now, that's one of the biggest differences with Destiny. The PvP game is so strong, you don't really realize that the rest of the game has you playing the same missions over and over.

They need to give the DZ a PVE option as well. Its such a great idea let down by the forced PVP. Giving it the option for both sets of players would mean everyone can get something from it. I have more fun in there when im in a small group just killing the named elites and extracting, perhaps the difficulty should be ramped up for that to make extractions more nailbiting though. For PVP players they could make a few pvp set items that are only drops from other players etc

They need to give the DZ a PVE option as well. Its such a great idea let down by the forced PVP. Giving it the option for both sets of players would mean everyone can get something from it. I have more fun in there when im in a small group just killing the named elites and extracting, perhaps the difficulty should be ramped up for that to make extractions more nailbiting though. For PVP players they could make a few pvp set items that are only drops from other players etc

I agree wholeheartedly!

GazzaGSi

Man, Division subreddit is so positive now. I almost dont recognize it

Completely this. It has a good positive vibe at the minute and a great place to go for info etc. I actually enjoying reading the threads there now rather than trying to pick 1 good out of 10 bad over the last couple of months lol

Have been trying to get that hungry hog farming the roaming bosses not realising it only drops in the DZ, Do'H

Glad there's a video out there now with what weapons are BiS, I've been keeping plenty in my stash not wanting to deconstruct anything that looks half decent! At least now I know what can go.

Completely this. It has a good positive vibe at the minute and a great place to go for info etc. I actually enjoying reading the threads there now rather than trying to pick 1 good out of 10 bad over the last couple of months lol

Have been trying to get that hungry hog farming the roaming bosses not realising it only drops in the DZ, Do'H

Glad there's a video out there now with what weapons are BiS, I've been keeping plenty in my stash not wanting to deconstruct anything that looks half decent! At least now I know what can go.

Haha

I lost count on how many Hungry Hogs I got and sold. fuuuuuuu

oSoLucky

I stopped playing right before 1.2 hit. I was rocking an AUG and First Wave M1A, 4pc Sentry all max level. I log back in today and I'm 196 GS and completely out of the meta. FeelsBadMan. Time to get to work I guess. Everything is so damn confusing. I hate the break-in period when switching games to get used to a new UI.

Edit: Did I read it right that Incendiary bullets no longer CC?

GazzaGSi

There's a stiff heal mods and FA mod with armor in dz checkpoints.

Thanks will pick them up. (Firearms is 209 with 263 armour niiiiice).

Firearms and stamina lvl33 blueprints at the HUB vendor. Just under 700 phoenix credits each. Wish I saw them before burning my phoenix on rolling a weapon talent 5 times :(

Sober

Here's hoping for a PVE variant of the Dark Zone. I mean I don't really mind bumping into the odd player or two it's just that it sucks that it auto scales you to it (so if you just unlocked WT4, you're gonna have to struggle in the DZ again). Also I hear by the time everyone is in full 229 the DZ is just back to everyone going rogue for the lulz.

That being said I mostly want to just be left alone in the DZ minus the fact I like that it's filled with elites and surprise patrols but I wish I got to stop and admire the work the devs put into the area and not have to be SPRINT SPRINT SPRINT everywhere cause you have to constantly be on your toes cause of PVP shenanigans.

Freeman76

Here's hoping for a PVE variant of the Dark Zone. I mean I don't really mind bumping into the odd player or two it's just that it sucks that it auto scales you to it (so if you just unlocked WT4, you're gonna have to struggle in the DZ again). Also I hear by the time everyone is in full 229 the DZ is just back to everyone going rogue for the lulz.

That being said I mostly want to just be left alone in the DZ minus the fact I like that it's filled with elites and surprise patrols but I wish I got to stop and admire the work the devs put into the area and not have to be SPRINT SPRINT SPRINT everywhere cause you have to constantly be on your toes cause of PVP shenanigans.

It seems most people dont enjoy the DZ but it has some great mechanics and ideas. It would be so much better if they gave us the option somehow. Even if it was like a MMO where you can flag yourself for PVP if you want to partake, and if not you can PvE it.

cooldawn

It has been noted in the official forums and the devs already replied that they are investigating it

Ubisoft forum Performance Issues 1.4 PS4.

This is one of the stutter video's. I am having the exact same issue.

Stuttering video

Fun fact. It only happens in missions and interiors.
Glad it's not my PS4 but it only happens to me when I play missions. It's like an infection.

For example I'll play DeadZone without any issues, then I'll do a mission and it starts to stutter. I go back to the DeadZone and those issues came along with me. If I hadn't played a mission I wouldn't have encountered the stuttering.

Daily Challenges are a nightmare now.

Top Bottom