• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

Glad it's not my PS4 but it only happens to me when I play missions. It's like an infection.

For example I'll play DeadZone without any issues, then I'll do a mission and it starts to stutter. I go back to the DeadZone and those issues came along with me. If I hadn't played a mission I wouldn't have encountered the stuttering.

Daily Challenges are a nightmare now.

You mean Dark Zone? :p

Mullah88

pvp build is done (decent at pve), now have to wait to get lvl33 mods to fine tune and roll some stats on some of the items i have on. might reduce skill power in favor of dps/toughness.

PS_Messages_20161029_120737_zpsm3s88wbc.jpg

thanks to gazza (appreciate the mob grind yesterday) i got the FA mods with 263 armor. only have enough pxc to buy one of the mods, i dont know which one to go for first, stamina or firearms?

watching skill ups video on a good pve build and it basically boils down to rolling dmg to elite, enemy armor dmg, health on kill, having destructive talents and 2 piece nomad. ill use the predators mark gear set for this new build and light machine gun

GazzaGSi

pvp build is done (decent at pve), now have to wait to get lvl33 mods to fine tune and roll some stats on some of the items i have on. might reduce skill power in favor of dps/toughness.

PS_Messages_20161029_120737_zpsm3s88wbc.jpg

thanks to gazza (appreciate the mob grind yesterday) i got the FA mods with 263 armor. only have enough pxc to buy one of the mods, i dont know which one to go for first, stamina or firearms?

watching skill ups video on a good pve build and it basically boils down to rolling dmg to elite, enemy armor dmg, health on kill, having destructive talents and 2 piece nomad. ill use the predators mark gear set for this new build and light machine gun

No worries, I've done it afew times so know the nearest fast travel locations like the back of my hand lol

Looks a tasty build that, what talent is on the knee pads, I only seem to get triple accolades/rewards.

I'm going for stamina blueprint first having bought 4 of the firearms mod with armour at the DZ checkpoint. Also bought the first aid heal mod at a lower tier level as it's a hell of alot cheaper than at tier 4 and has the same percentage (5.5%).

Mullah88

No worries, I've done it afew times so know the nearest fast travel locations like the back of my hand lol

Looks a tasty build that, what talent is on the knee pads, I only seem to get triple accolades/rewards.

I'm going for stamina blueprint first having bought 4 of the firearms mod with armour at the DZ checkpoint. Also bought the first aid heal mod at a lower tier level as it's a hell of alot cheaper than at tier 4 and has the same percentage (5.5%).

looking for alpha bridge knee pads so i can use my vigorous chest piece, but those are the same accolades/rewards knee pads (god roll). performance mods slots are 3 6% first aid heals with and 1 7% healing station duration

i tried to switch tiers for the FA armor mod but it scaled with the tier lvl, had to switch back to tier 4 and buy it. looking at my stash i think ill use the same alpha bridge set distribution and swap out talents for pve content

GazzaGSi

looking for alpha bridge knee pads so i can use my vigorous chest piece, but those are the same accolades/rewards knee pads (god roll). performance mods slots are 3 6% first aid heals with and 1 7% healing station duration

i tried to switch tiers for the FA armor mod but it scaled with the tier lvl, had to switch back to tier 4 and buy it. looking at my stash i think ill use the same alpha bridge set distribution and swap out talents for pve content

For the FA mod with armor you can buy it at wt3 for the same stats but cheaper.

The firearms mod reduces it's stats if world tier is reduced but the first aid self heal mod is at 5.5% across all tiers so if you need that mod reducing the world tier gives you the same item much cheaper.

Mullah, I got a set of alpha knee pads during our farm yesterday that I don't need, should still be able to share them if the hour game time didn't pass as we did some HVT'S after. Will check later and let you know.

Mobile Cover is pretty good, especially with that damage mod.

I feel your pain, the credits helped me out at the time though lol
Got a 229 caduceus earlier and was well chuffed for split second until I remembered the worthwhile talent is now no longer :(

Where did the Caduceus drop? I was farming some of the world bosses last night, but no luck.

Kalamari

Dank zone is pretty dank, it's a dog eat dog world out there.

Do you need DZ rank 99 to get those FA armor mods? They don't even show for me, I am at 67.

Mullah88

The firearms mod reduces it's stats if world tier is reduced but the first aid self heal mod is at 5.5% across all tiers so if you need that mod reducing the world tier gives you the same item much cheaper.

Mullah, I got a set of alpha knee pads during our farm yesterday that I don't need, should still be able to share them if the hour game time didn't pass as we did some HVT'S after. Will check later and let you know.

oh wow and i mentioned it but i guess i had my mic on mute! dang it. the self heal mods i got them from the trash mobs roaming around. the best set to go with in terms of dps, i still think is alphabridge if you can get 6 good talents on your weapons. i did a couple of rogue hunts in the dz before joining you, dropping the immunizer box still negates the bleed status so that wipes the 4 piece effect

GazzaGSi

Dank zone is pretty dank, it's a dog eat dog world out there.

Do you need DZ rank 99 to get those FA armor mods? They don't even show for me, I am at 67.

West checkpoint 42nd Street is where the firearms mod is mate, it's not a high rank requirement so should be there for you.

oh wow and i mentioned it but i guess i had my mic on mute! dang it. the self heal mods i got them from the trash mobs roaming around. the best set to go with in terms of dps, i still think is alphabridge if you can get 6 good talents on your weapons. i did a couple of rogue hunts in the dz before joining you, dropping the immunizer box still negates the bleed status so that wipes the 4 piece effect

I'd got voip disabled in case it helped with the stutter like on Xbox and forgot to re enable so that was probably why I didn't hear you :(

moojito

Has anyone had this on ps4 then picked it up on the PC? I'm thinking of doing just that since I reckon it'd be a lot more enjoyable using a mouse.

I haven't played since April, but I liked what they did with this update. It's a shame they knee jerked the initial release to hell and back instead of putting together a thought out update like 1.4. Sadly, I couldn't get anyone to go back with me, but this update leaves me hopeful for the eventual sequel.

Kalamari

Has anyone had this on ps4 then picked it up on the PC? I'm thinking of doing just that since I reckon it'd be a lot more enjoyable using a mouse.

I read somewhere that you can get it on sale with Underground dlc for $25 through amazon. Might be worth picking up at that price.

Man I really don't get the sets and stats in this game. I try changing my gear but I always end up with the same stats. I just tried changing the 4 pieces AB for 4 pcs firecrest, tried getting more enemy armor damage, damage to elites, got the flame turret, nope, feels exactly the same, same damage, same everything. Can anyone give me a hand? I want a good dps build but I have no idea what to do.

GazzaGSi

Man I really don't get the sets and stats in this game. I try changing my gear but I always end up with the same stats. I just tried changing the 4 pieces AB for 4 pcs firecrest, tried getting more enemy armor damage, damage to elites, got the flame turret, nope, feels exactly the same, same damage, same everything. Can anyone give me a hand? I want a good dps build but I have no idea what to do.

Skillup did a PVE DPS build video recently, worth a watch if you're struggling to get what you're after currently:

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=OlrdMhuvXug

The likes of enemy armour damage, damage to elites etc doesn't physically show on your DPS figure which is also explained in the video.

I'm running 2 nomad, 4 alphabridge and my figures are 210k dps, 370k toughness with nearly 60% armour. Rolls through Challenging on Tier 4 even though the DPS isn't the largest I have around 30% enemy armour damage and damage against elites. I have 2 alphabridge backpacks 1 with stamina and 1 with firearms and switch between the 2 now and then making the stats 260k dps 310k toughness but I prefer more toughness when running solo.

Kalamari

Is there somewhere that you can buy the set gear caches for credits? Such as in one of the Safe Houses? In the BoO you can only buy the set gear caches with phoenix credits as far as I can tell.

Skillup did a PVE DPS build video recently, worth a watch if you're struggling to get what you're after currently:

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=OlrdMhuvXug

The likes of enemy armour damage, damage to elites etc doesn't physically show on your DPS figure which is also explained in the video.

I'm running 2 nomad, 4 alphabridge and my figures are 210k dps, 370k toughness with nearly 60% armour. Rolls through Challenging on Tier 4 even though the DPS isn't the largest I have around 30% enemy armour damage and damage against elites. I have 2 alphabridge backpacks 1 with stamina and 1 with firearms and switch between the 2 now and then making the stats 260k dps 310k toughness but I prefer more toughness when running solo.

Thanks for the link. My current AB gear is almost that way... heh

Will try something different later.

Having fun with this on PC but I still have no clue what direction I want to go in build wise. Playing with others it seems all I see is flame turrets everywhere.

My poor Xbox One characters have been nerfed into oblivion. So many hours spent and fun gaming moments essentially erased.

Which leads me to the belief that just starting completely fresh gear wise is the only way to go after the 1.4 update. On PC I don't have a problem because it was a fresh character anyways but on console it seems like a slap in the face.

Sober

Is there somewhere that you can buy the set gear caches for credits? Such as in one of the Safe Houses? In the BoO you can only buy the set gear caches with phoenix credits as far as I can tell.
I believe the basic caches you can buy from vendors can roll gear sets but no, the bird coin caches are there specifically if you want weapons/armour/mods/gear sets.

GazzaGSi

Can't remember which vendor it was but I've bought a specific Gear Set cache, it was green unlike the yellow caches in the buy list. I'll check which vendor it was.

DrBo42

Can't remember which vendor it was but I've bought a specific Gear Set cache, it was green unlike the yellow caches in the buy list. I'll check which vendor it was.
Think that's the special items vendor at the hub entrance below the base of operations.

GazzaGSi

Think that's the special items vendor at the hub entrance below the base of operations.

Thanks, new I'd bought one from somewhere!

Stripped down my Alt and sold my reclaimer build today and replaced it with Firecrest.
Running solo I always forgot to use the consumable because most NPC'S don't take much to kill and with the stagger effect removed I didn't feel I was getting much use out if the build. Firecrest on the other hand is perfect for crowd management when a new wave spawns and got acouple of turret damage and duration mods which help.

For some reason I'm seeing the healing delay again with first-aid self heal. When 1.4 first launched my heal was instant as soon as the button was pressed, now there's a delay again like half a second or so, anyone else noticing this?

GazzaGSi

Bought the Lvl 33 FA mod blueprint in the DZ, went to the crafting table... it wasn't there? Wtf?

Sure you didn't buy a mod that'll be in your inventory? There is a firearm mod at a DZ checkpoint with armour but the blueprint you need to buy to craft more is at the HUB blueprint vendor for just under 700 phoenix credits.

Sure you didn't buy a mod that'll be in your inventory? There is a firearm mod at a dz checkpoint with armour but the blueprint you need to buy to craft more is at the HUB blueprint vendor for just under 700 phoenix credits.

Woah

That's why I didn't find it then... LOL

GazzaGSi

Woah

That's why I didn't find it then... LOL

Lol easy mistake.
I decided to buy 4 of those firearm with armour mods as I don't need any other attribute other than armour and the rolls were decent already.

Bought the stamina blueprint and took me nearly 50 rolls to get 4 200+ stamina with armour mods :(

Lol easy mistake.
I decided to buy 4 of those firearm with armour mods as I don't need any other attribute other than armour and the rolls were decent already.

Bought the stamina blueprint and took me nearly 50 rolls to get 4 200+ stamina with armour mods :(

Where can I buy the blueprints?

Man I need phoenix credits... I'm completely out of them :(

Edit

MarcoStyle has just uploaded a nice video on Armor. It's weird: at 50% damage mitigation you get like 100% more health, at 75% (it's capped at 70 anyway, but for measuring purposes) you would get 200% more. Even if you get to 60%, it gives an insane boost. I'm gonna look into this tomorrow. Hehe :D

GazzaGSi

Where can I buy the blueprints?

Man I need phoenix credits... I'm completely out of them :(

Edit

MarcoStyle has just uploaded a nice video on Armor. It's weird: at 50% damage mitigation you get like 100% more health, at 75% (it's capped at 70 anyway, but for measuring purposes) you would get 200% more. Even if you get to 60%, it gives an insane boost. I'm gonna look into this tomorrow. Hehe :D

HUB vendor at the back of the Base of Ops.
Yeah from 50% onwards you start getting some mega boosts in toughness per few percent added. I'm close to 60% but struggling for anymore now without using talents. Have amour rolled on the 4 possible pieces, 3 of which are only afew points off the roll cap and armour on every gear mod equipped. The base armour stat on my backpack isn't the best so that's about the only piece for amour improvement.

fr0st

Banned
Being closer to 60% without robust and sturdy should be fine. He'll that should be fine for a tank build just stack stamina mode with armor on them.

GazzaGSi

Being closer to 60% without robust and sturdy should be fine. He'll that should be fine for a tank build just stack stamina mode with armor on them.

Yeah you're right and I haven't died yet.

Funny you mention Robust, just got my first HE chest piece with it. Tested it in the shooting range and toughness topped out at 407k with the same armour mods as my nomad chest piece but with the base armour a little lower on the robust piece, gave me a 47k toughness increase as I'm around the 360k mark.

I do like it but sticking with my 2 piece nomad as I currently prefer the health on kill.

Been lucky with the RNG tonight farming the open world elites, 3 perfectly rolled weapons, Alpha gloves that are an improvement and a 18% headshot damage suppressor :)

Lastly, finally managed to roll Meticulous on my LMG and with my mag mod at 210 bullets per clip I only remember reloading twice during my couple of hours game time. A 25% chance is fairly high and it definitely feels more like a 1 in 3 chance than 1 in 4 of the refilled clip, highly recommend that talent for anyone running an LMG Alpha build with Ammo being split across primary and secondary.

Dead

well not really...yet
I'm in love with playing this game again. Been doing HVTs, Daily missions, Dark Zone, etc etc and it all feels super rewarding and challenging enough even in a group of 4 and am progressively increasingly my world tier.

Also bought the season pass and just tried Underground. The Sewer Club setting and music for the intro level was amazing.

I do hope for a few things though...

- Nerf loot drops SLIGHTLY. I'm almost overwhelmed with good shit and it sometimes gets comical just how much stuff I get regardless of the activity (seriously, bears repeating how awesome it is that I can gear up the way I want and play whatever I want instead of being forced to do the same thing over and over)

- Introduce World Tier 5 (lv 34 enemies and 229+ Gear) in next content update. This is a perfect system to introduce harder and more challenging content as the game no doubtedly will receive newer and more powerful gear sets and weapons with future updates and dlc.

Hopefully they have good stuff planned for PvP for next update to revitalize the DZ because it is definitely not as active as before since it no longer feels necessary to grind.

I started fresh and I swear I don't remember this game being this hard. Like I am dying a lot more than my first time around it seems. It's frustrating.

I started fresh and I swear I don't remember this game being this hard. Like I am dying a lot more than my first time around it seems. It's frustrating.

They definitely made it harder. The AI is more agressive. They had to change that because of the time to kill that has been lowered otherwise you would have steamrolled through every encounter.

GazzaGSi

Meticulous doesn't count towards that directive that consumes ammo upon reload right?

Waste not want not? It makes no difference to Meticulous.

I'm in love with playing this game again. Been doing HVTs, Daily missions, Dark Zone, etc etc and it all feels super rewarding and challenging enough even in a group of 4 and am progressively increasingly my world tier.

Also bought the season pass and just tried Underground. The Sewer Club setting and music for the intro level was amazing.

I do hope for a few things though...

- Nerf loot drops SLIGHTLY.

Definitely agree with the first statement, even gathering Intel isn't a chore now more Intel drops from search and destroy missions and the bonus that decent loot could be dropped from any npc.

Hope you enjoyed that sewer club setting mission as for some reason it's not in randomly generated underground missions, it's a shame and like yourself everyone enjoyed it!

While I would've agreed at the start I wouldn't change the drops now. You have to start being brutal with deconstructing/selling the loot. For me additional armour is a must roll or its sold, that gives me the ease of switching pieces between stamina and firearms, if exceptions are made and it's doesn't have armour it must be a 980+ stat in the main.
Weapon mods: Headshot damage, crit chance/damage are my 3 priorities, Mag size and stability depending on the weapon. Gear mod wise everything is sold if they don't have armour.

Recalibration costs so much when you've rolled the item afew times, the poor drops get sold rather than deconstructed to get some funds back.

I'm finally happy with my build... for now. 4 AB + savage gloves + some HE bag with a good talent (don't remember which), 53% damage mitigation. LVOA-C and G36C with brutal, deadly and some other talents, 20% DTE and 28% Dmg to enemy armor, feels good.

Are there any viable glass cannon builds anymore? I'd love to come back into 1.4 with a sniper build that can deal out tons of damage from long and mid range.

I already miss my glass sentry. Those 8 million crits :(

Freeman76

I never thought I would be debating on starting up The Division over BF1 and Civ VI... But I am.

1.4 is a lot of fun.

Ive played nothing else since Tuesday, until today when it seemed to just lose momentum. I do think it needs more meaningful content at end game but this patch has been a lot of fun to jump back in for. Hope the next dlc gives it some more legs.

Lanrutcon

Guys, how big is this game? Steam says 40gb on the store page, but when I want to download it Steam wants 80gb.

There is no fucking way I'm clearing 80gb on my SSD for a single game, so I'm hoping this is a glitch.

Edit: It's trying to make me install the test realm too, that's why. Problem solved.

GazzaGSi

Are there any viable glass cannon builds anymore? I'd love to come back into 1.4 with a sniper build that can deal out tons of damage from long and mid range.

I already miss my glass sentry. Those 8 million crits :(

Most NPC'S are dropping relatively quick but I have a load of spare gear that I can roll all firearms on with a god rolled M44 and MK17 to test out for you? Think the 8 mil crit days with pulse and smart cover are long gone though lol

I never thought I would be debating on starting up The Division over BF1 and Civ VI... But I am.

1.4 is a lot of fun.

I completed the Stories in BF one and got to around rank 10-12 when 1.4 dropped and thought I'd be back on it by now but I haven't even loaded any other game. It's got me again hook, line and sinker. Having loads of fun with it and the loot addiction has never been stronger!

Top Bottom