• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

Most NPC'S are dropping relatively quick but I have a load of spare gear that I can roll all firearms on with a god rolled M44 and MK17 to test out for you? Think the 8 mil crit days with pulse and smart cover are long gone though lol

Yeah I know, I'll miss those big crits and feels of one-shoting lvl 35 elites.

Don't have the time or willingness to grind for gear anymore, so I'm happy to wait for new content to drop before I jump back in..

RodzTF

How soon can you jump into co-op play when you launch the game? Me and a bud just bought this.

Is there a tutorial period where you have to play alone?

oSoLucky

How soon can you jump into co-op play when you launch the game? Me and a bud just bought this.

Is there a tutorial period where you have to play alone?

Just a couple short missions at the start(maybe 4?). You should be able to get through them in less than an hour. It may take a bit longer if you need to adjust to the feel of the game though but it's not a very long process overall.

I'm finally happy with my build... for now. 4 AB + savage gloves + some HE bag with a good talent (don't remember which), 53% damage mitigation. LVOA-C and G36C with brutal, deadly and some other talents, 20% DTE and 28% Dmg to enemy armor, feels good.

Complementing: I used MM and got in a random group, man we were absolutely melting the NPCs :D

We also killed a bunch of rogues. It was awesome. I'm really happy with this build, I just need some better weapon talents. Stats currently: 254/345/90

Se_7_eN

I do think it needs more meaningful content at end game but this patch has been a lot of fun to jump back in for. Hope the next dlc gives it some more legs.

Completely agree... They need some super rare 230 items that are a different color to represent their rarity, or something other than their terrible Incursions. I feel like once I get relatively happy with my 229 set I will be bored again.

Dead

well not really...yet
A new endgame only Lv 30+ zone in the open world with new missions and encounters to do would be a great idea for a future content update, outside the DLC.

Honestly surprised they didn't think of something like that to begin with as a planned content drop in between DLCs,

I do think they should rework Named Weapons into a new category and give them a unique color drop, much like Gear Sets.

Ketch

How's the new update? I was thinking about diving back in. I don't understand what they could have changed to make the end game more fun though. Are LMGs more viable now?

BLCKATK

Hey guys. I did a bunch of reading about the update and it sounds like a really good rebalance. Patched the game up to give it a shot tonight.

I wanted to ask how people thought the "Underground" DLC was. I've done a bit of reading about it and it seems like a very good idea for the game. Was wondering how it was received and if it ended up providing another fun route to gear for PvE centered players. It's only $15 so not a huge dent in the wallet to pick it up, but wanted to know beforehand if it was worth picking up.

How's the new update? I was thinking about diving back in. I don't understand what they could have changed to make the end game more fun though. Are LMGs more viable now?

Enemies don't take you down with 1 shot anymore. Heavies don't kill you with just their breath. No level 35 enemies anymore. Lower time to kill. HE equipment is comparable to gearset items now. All gearsets are actually worth trying now. Loot can drop from any mob now, not just named ones. Chests can give away gearset items too. Overall the game is a lot more balanced now. And yes, M60s, M249s and the Hungry Hog are some of the best weapons right now.

Kalamari

Definitely don't chnge the loot drops. I have been playing the DZ the past few days and I still can't get Alpha Bridge kneepads.

Seems like the rogues like to come out at night, thank god for respawning named elites.

Dead

well not really...yet
Definitely don't chnge the loot drops. I have been playing the DZ the past few days and I still can't get Alpha Bridge kneepads.

Seems like the rogues like to come out at night, thank god for respawning named elites.
I got reamed by rogues earlier this morning worse than I ever have haha. Had a badass set of loot and the fuckers ganked me seconds before extraction. And I was having a great DZ streak the past several days lol.

Silvard

How are people getting AB? I've gotten multiples of every set and no AB other than a holster so far.

Also at some point or the other I apparently got a Hungry Hog and it must have been from DZ01 or DZ02 because all I've been doing is farm those zones for caches to get enough funds to afford 5 FA/armor mods. Good thing I didn't notice until it was in my extracted tab or I would have fucked it up and feel horrible forever.

It has Predatory, Stable and Meticulous, which if any should be rerolled? I don't have AB but I'm hoping to pair it with a Pakhan for PVE, once I get that set.

Also Dark Zone keys, I had like 56 when 1.4 hit and a couple crappy matchmade groups who couldn't resist going rogue made bleed them like crazy and I'm down to 8. How do I get more reliably and consistently?

cooldawn

Any news of when the frame-stuttering is being sorted?

It's really bad...especially on todays Challenge mission on the roof-top. The enemy moves in real-time but my inputs are delayed by a number of seconds. The bigger issue is inputs buffer so whatever I press my agent eventually does. I'm all over the place and not at the right time. Impossible to manage so I gave up.

GazzaGSi

How are people getting AB? I've gotten multiples of every set and no AB other than a holster so far.

Also at some point or the other I apparently got a Hungry Hog and it must have been from DZ01 or DZ02 because all I've been doing is farm those zones for caches to get enough funds to afford 5 FA/armor mods. Good thing I didn't notice until it was in my extracted tab or I would have fucked it up and feel horrible forever.

It has Predatory, Stable and Meticulous, which if any should be rerolled? I don't have AB but I'm hoping to pair it with a Pakhan for PVE, once I get that set.

I got all my AB from roaming elites and trash mobs in the open world. Haven't extracted any AB from the DZ so know all AB I have was looted outside of it.

I'd roll stable off, if it's the free talent go for Ferocious, if it isn't the free talent go for destructive. Ferocious has high electronics requirement so works best in the free slot as most people don't run 3k electronics. Destructive requirements are easily/should already be met.

Silvard

I got all my AB from roaming elites and trash mobs in the open world. Haven't extracted any AB from the DZ so know all AB I have was looted outside of it.

I'd roll stable off, if it's the free talent go for Ferocious, if it isn't the free talent go for destructive. Ferocious has high electronics requirement so works best in the free slot as most people don't run 3k electronics. Destructive requirements are easily/should already be met.

Yeah but if I'm going to use AB and a Pakhan wouldn't I have Ferocious and Destructive both covered? For PvP I'd probably go AR anyway since for some reason I have a really hard time putting people down with LMGs.

GazzaGSi

Yeah but if I'm going to use AB and a Pakhan wouldn't I have Ferocious and Destructive both covered? For PvP I'd probably go AR anyway since for some reason I have a really hard time putting people down with LMGs.

My bad, missed that you had the pakhan. If you're putting npc's down quick enough where you feel you don't really need more dps, go for something like sustained for health regeneration on a kill or if you do want more dps there's always Prepared which is a damage increase when 30m or more awwy from the target.

Also, try the guns out in the shooting range. You may find you want stable if you struggle to control the recoil/lift and then put more focus on damaging weapon mods rather than adding a stability grip for example.

What enhancements will the Division going to get for PS4 Pro?

Nothing has been confirmed or even suggested by the devs for the Pro. No one knows of its getting a patch.

Icefire1424

Started this last night for the first time. It's a lot of fun so far.

I'm with you. Just picked this up in an Amazon sale and am now playing it for the first time.

...admittedly, it wasn't anything like I expected it to be. Thought it would be more of a Tactical Shooter like Ghost Recon or SOCOM, but I'm kindof digging the MMO vibes.

shermas

I can't believe I'm playing this again... dropped out after the first incursion/bullet sponge tank thing and the crafting nerf.

I'm only gear level 199 now (I think) and the builds seem way more complicated than I remember.

At least there's more to do at level 30 now. I just did the daily crafting mission (just pick up 5 fabrics, I think) and I was blown away at how many gold crafting materials I received. It's the exact opposite of how I felt when I was originally playing.

The daily missions also seemed to drop 204 loot everywhere.

I did get rekt when I tried to solo the Underground missions, though. Good grief those were hard.

Tenebrae feels good now and the perks are pretty decent. I think this is going to replace my standard SCAR-H.

I'm still on my everlasting hunt for the Caduceus.

Speaking of gear sets, why do people like Alphabridge?

It basically gives your weapons 4 unique active talents instead of 2.

DeaDPo0L84

so me and a friend started playing again and are enjoying the changes but a little lost. We are both gear 182 and currently playing on world tier 2 which i believe only gives gear up to 182. So we switched to tier 3 but were getting smoked by level 32 enemies.

Question is whats the best path to level up to be able to do these activities more easily? There are so many changes which are welcome but were both more lost than ever. Any help is appreciated.

Lanrutcon

You chose a really good time to start, prepare for a good time.

Jumped into some PUGs for the story missions and it was stupid amounts of awesome. Me and some other guy were left after the group disbanded, and we went into one of the medical missions under leveled.

Every single enemy dude was a struggle, and it was glorious.

So I haven't bought any DLC. It's all late game stuff? I can decide to buy later?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
so me and a friend started playing again and are enjoying the changes but a little lost. We are both gear 182 and currently playing on world tier 2 which i believe only gives gear up to 182. So we switched to tier 3 but were getting smoked by level 32 enemies.

Question is whats the best path to level up to be able to do these activities more easily? There are so many changes which are welcome but were both more lost than ever. Any help is appreciated.
I think you can get any gear from any activity now? So I don't know if there's a particular path other than doing the content that you can and hope you drop gear that works toward a build that you are aiming for, ala Diablo 3.

Dead

well not really...yet

you can get higher than your current tier in caches or in DZ, honestly never seemed to have an issue not getting gear that raises my score at any time.

GazzaGSi

When you go up a world tier do missions on normal difficulty rather than hard or challenging. Any difficulty within that tier drops the same level loot but higher difficulties give you more. On normal you should be facing red bar level 32 enemies with an elite at the end.

Do afew missions for better gear on normal then try hard once you've got some gear equipped that's dropped from that world tier.

Jumped into some PUGs for the story missions and it was stupid amounts of awesome. Me and some other guy were left after the group disbanded, and we went into one of the medical missions under leveled.

Every single enemy dude was a struggle, and it was glorious.

So I haven't bought any DLC. It's all late game stuff? I can decide to buy later?

The Underground stuff doesn't feature much story, so you're good to hold off. There's no word on when Survival is going to be released. It was pushed back in favor of working on the 1.4 patch.

DeaDPo0L84

Holy crap thank you guys for all the quick responses! Really means a lot. Me and my friend assumed we HAD to the incursion to get gear drops so we banged our head against open sky for about 2 hours. Now I realize thats not the case which is awesome.

DeaDPo0L84

Also I assume there is no way to bring a 182 gun up to a higher level ala infusion or whatever they may call it in this? I have guns I really enjoy using but do I have to find that same game in a higher bracket in order to essentially keep using it?

Dead

well not really...yet
Just did Falcon Lost for the first time. Tier 4 challenging. lol, that shit was fucking long and hard

GazzaGSi

Holy crap thank you guys for all the quick responses! Really means a lot. Me and my friend assumed we HAD to the incursion to get gear drops so we banged our head against open sky for about 2 hours. Now I realize thats not the case which is awesome.

Also I assume there is no way to bring a 182 gun up to a higher level ala infusion or whatever they may call it in this? I have guns I really enjoy using but do I have to find that same game in a higher bracket in order to essentially keep using it?

I see why you were struggling! Yep any kind of loot can drop anywhere, when I farm the open world roaming elites I tend to run from 1 to another if I have time as even trash mobs drop gear sets.

Yes you'll need to find the same gun at a higher level. You can use your 182 guns but they'll be weaker when it comes to damage per bullet compared to 204/229 weapons.

DeaDPo0L84

I see why you were struggling! Yep any kind of loot can drop anywhere, when I farm the open world roaming elites I tend to run from 1 to another if I have time as even trash mobs drop gear sets.

Yes you'll need to find the same gun at a higher level. You can use your 182 guns but they'll be weaker when it comes to damage per bullet compared to 204/229 weapons.

Thanks for the tip! So im currently using the Pakahan (not correct I know but its the LMG) and the Cadecus (also wrong) with a mix mash of gear sets. Are there weapons I should go for as it seems with these types of games or is everything kinda balanced depending on play style? I see I can buy a 204 Pakahan for almost 400k which is a lot but I do like the gun so idk...

TVexperto

The game really got better after the newest patch, now I am really looking forward to the expansions, how much will there be?

Top Bottom