• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

GazzaGSi

Thanks for the tip! So im currently using the Pakahan (not correct I know but its the LMG) and the Cadecus (also wrong) with a mix mash of gear sets. Are there weapons I should go for as it seems with these types of games or is everything kinda balanced depending on play style? I see I can buy a 204 Pakahan for almost 400k which is a lot but I do like the gun so idk...

Wait I might be mistaken on something, if my gear is 190 and I buy a 204 weapon I wont even be able to use it huh?

You're in tier 3 now so all 204 gear is available. LMG'S are currently very strong in the game so I'd personally buy the Pakhan if you're still struggling for a decent 204 weapon (I assume the talents are the same a tier down, destructive and ferocious is 2 I remember in tier 4).

You'll soon build the credits back up, I grinded for acouple of hours earlier and went from 1.2mil to just under 5mil selling everything I got, not deconstructing it.
Your gear score doesn't denote what you can and can not buy like your player level when going 1-30, if you were in a tier lower the pakhan would still be available to buy but at that tiers gear score.

The weapons are more balanced in the latest patch but there are some variants that have higher damage, like a base M60, Black Market M60 and Military M60. The Police M4 assault rife and MP5 SMG are acouple worth looking out for if you come across them. When it comes to weapon mods, headshot damage on the suppressor and optic, Mag size on the clip and stability/accuracy on the grip for weapons that recoil badly.

To toughen you up abit roll armour on gear where possible: Chest piece, backpack, knee pads and holster :)

Kalamari

Wait I might be mistaken on something, if my gear is 190 and I buy a 204 weapon I wont even be able to use it huh?

As long as you are level 30, you can use any gear or weapons you can get your hands on. Max level gear availability is determined by the world tier level, as your gear score increases it will allow access to higher world tier. With a gear score of 190 you have access to world tier 3 and 204 gear. Once your gear score becomes 199 or greater, you have access to world tier 4 and can access 229 gear and weapons.

Like Gazza stated above, selling weapons and gear you don't want to keep is a great way to make money, which can be used to buy basic sealed caches for 200,000 credits each. These caches can give high end and gear set items. It's kinda like playing the slot machine, but without the dazzling lights and sound effects.

Se_7_eN

Jumped into some PUGs for the story missions and it was stupid amounts of awesome. Me and some other guy were left after the group disbanded, and we went into one of the medical missions under leveled.

Every single enemy dude was a struggle, and it was glorious.

So I haven't bought any DLC. It's all late game stuff? I can decide to buy later?

Yea, you can hold off until 30... The Underground DLC is pretty cool though, definitely worth checking out.

There is very little story to it unfortunately but it has 50+ Audio logs to pick up, Underground Ranks, some really cool mission modifications and every mission is different. Pretty cool stuff, I would recommend it.

fr0st

Banned
which is the best smg for PvE now?

im using 4 pred and i have a brutal responsive fierce aug but i feel like it doesnt hit hard enough even with 16.1k dmg per bullet...

Dead

well not really...yet
Was kinda worried, but so far no issues finding any matchmaking parties in Underground, which is nice

In the 1.3 version of the game I was running a 300K DPS, 450K Toughness, and 47K Skill Power build, can someone give me close to those numbers with the new system?

In 1.4 for World Tier 4 I'm currently running a 500K DPS, 250K Toughness, and 100K Skill Power build but I'm a bit lost on what those numbers would have translated to in 1.3. I know some of the changes make this kind of thing irrelevant at this point but maybe ballpark figures?

Also in 1.3 I liked to use balanced builds to keep weapon talents, etc active and always thought a base build starting with 200K DPS, 400K Toughness, and 30K Skill Power were the base stats to start with thus I want to know what these would also translate to in 1.4.

fr0st

Banned
DPS formula is fucked up right now and was before as well for skill power 47k in 1.3 is probably like 170k in 1.4. Kinda hard to compute cause you can get to 47k easy in 1.3 with only 1 electronic piece while in 1.4 it's harder to do so.

GazzaGSi

In the 1.3 version of the game I was running a 300K DPS, 450K Toughness, and 47K Skill Power build, can someone give me close to those numbers with the new system?

In 1.4 for World Tier 4 I'm currently running a 500K DPS, 250K Toughness, and 100K Skill Power build but I'm a bit lost on what those numbers would have translated to in 1.3. I know some of the changes make this kind of thing irrelevant at this point but maybe ballpark figures?

Also in 1.3 I liked to use balanced builds to keep weapon talents, etc active and always thought a base build starting with 200K DPS, 400K Toughness, and 30K Skill Power were the base stats to start with thus I want to know what these would also translate to in 1.4.

For me my base builds in 1.4 have been 180k dps, 300k toughness, 100k skill. Then with better rolls, mods, talents etc they normally end up around 220k dps, 380k toughness, 80k sill. I've done 4 builds now and all are very similar within afew thousand points of each other. I'm guessing with your 500k dps that's with the Mk sniper? On mine prior to mods that thing is around the 280k mark lol

Played around with a firecrest build and it's awesome fun.

Last night tried a random build based on 4k firearms and 5k stamina (armour build).
If I use my scar rifle I can get 350k dps but still felt vulnerable so swapped to my G36 which put me to around 260k dps.
Using an m60 as secondary finally managed to solo challenge underground.

GazzaGSi

Played around with a firecrest build and it's awesome fun.

Last night tried a random build based on 4k firearms and 5k stamina (armour build).
If I use my scar rifle I can get 350k dps but still felt vulnerable so swapped to my G36 which put me to around 260k dps.
Using an m60 as secondary finally managed to solo challenge underground.

I do enjoy firecrest on my alt more than my main with AB for fun factor and the flames look quality, good crowd control for wave spawns out of doorways too.

Snap with the challenging UG, felt very satisfying to complete it for the first time last night (just 1 phase) and see the improvements compared to when I first tried and got rekt. Thankfully it was only a surgical strike so no timer or ammo caches to destroy etc and I could take my time.

Damn I'm addicted to this game again. Can't stop playing it... lol :D 😛

Lol in the same boat, solo'd abit if the open world, dz and missions last night which would never have been possible (or very difficult to do) in 1.3. First time in DZ05/6 as well and the green drops were raining :)

I do enjoy firecrest on my alt more than my main with AB for fun factor and the flames look quality, good crowd control for wave spawns out of doorways too.

Snap with the challenging UG, felt very satisfying to complete it for the first time last night (just 1 phase) and see the improvements compared to when I first tried and got rekt. Thankfully it was only a surgical strike so no timer or ammo caches to destroy etc and I could take my time.

Lol in the same boat, solo'd abit if the open world, dz and missions last night which would never have been possible (or very difficult to do) in 1.3. First time in DZ05/6 as well and the green drops were raining :)
Yeah it's great for loot now. Greens everywhere :D

I tried so hard to get a Hungry Hog last night... no success :(

I'll try again tonight tho. :)

GazzaGSi

Yeah it's great for loot now. Greens everywhere :D

I tried so hard to get a Hungry Hog last night... no success :(

I'll try again tonight tho. :)

And when you do get one pray for good talents!
TBF my M60 damage is pretty decent at 17.2k, that's the highest out of probably 20 or so I've got and came with 2/3 decent talents so rolled the 3rd. Be interesting to see the damage output of the hungry hog against it.

I'll be on around 11pm GMT if you have a free slot for abit of DZ farming.

And when you do get one pray for good talents!
TBF my M60 damage is pretty decent at 17.2k, that's the highest out of probably 20 or so I've got and came with 2/3 decent talents so rolled the 3rd. Be interesting to see the damage output of the hungry hog against it.

I'll be on around 11pm GMT if you have a free slot for abit of DZ farming.

Yeah, i'll prob be on. See ya later then :D

Silvard

I'm convinced AB is weighted against in the DZ. I've farmed like 30 million credits in drops from the DZ and gotten one of every slot of every other set, and I've only gotten one AB backpack, a couple of holsters and gloves.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Damn I'm addicted to this game again. Can't stop playing it... lol :D 😛

I have to agree. I am mainly walking around the open world, battling named bosses and the underground, solo. Been a blast. So much loot that you can try different playstyles and gear sets on the fly.

I'm convinced AB is weighted against in the DZ. I've farmed like 30 million credits in drops from the DZ and gotten one of every slot of every other set, and I've only gotten one AB backpack, a couple of holsters and gloves.
I'm using an AB set but haven't put my hands in a good backpack yet. Or even a Nomad backpack.

I have to agree. I am mainly walking around the open world, battling named bosses and the underground, solo. Been a blast. So much loot that you can try different playstyles and gear sets on the fly.

Yeah! Oh man I'm working right now but I can't wait to get home and play some more XD

Haven't felt this way in a long time, feels good.

I'm out of luck for weapons... all I'm getting are bad Super 90s and pistols. No M60, no Hungry Hog, no M249, no L86... :(

So I just read about farming CS for Phoenix Credits... go to world Tier 2 and complete it in a few minutes with a group = 100+ PC each run. :eek:

I'll do this tonight, I'm out of PC.

Coming back to try 1.4, is it safe to yolo it and just sell all my old stashed gear and see what 1.4 brings instead of messing around with my inventory all day or am I expecting too much from 1.4's new loot system?

Se_7_eN

Coming back to try 1.4, is it safe to yolo it and just sell all my old stashed gear and see what 1.4 brings instead of messing around with my inventory all day or am I expecting too much from 1.4's new loot system?

Everyone I know did this exact thing, including myself... I am already drowning in gear.

I love 1.4

GazzaGSi

I kept some of my 1.3 Gear as the 269 gear got a max roll at 1008 points when it was converted to 229 in 1.4.
I also kept my pre 1.3 crit hit chance SMG'S.
Everything else was sold.

Dead

well not really...yet
Wiped right at the end of a 3 phase operation earlier. Feels bad :lol

Underground is super fun though. It's the kind of end game activity that would have been perfect as post launch content and you could gradually update it with new directives and maps as time goes on. Sucks that it's tied up behind a DLC paywall but at least it seems to have sold well, as I mentioned earlier there's never a lack of match made parties, at least on PS4

A lot of my 268 gear is at max stats after the conversion too - it's making upgrading a little tough, but at the same time, the generous loot drops and cash for selling is making rolls/re-rolls infinitely easier than in 1.3. Absolutely loving this update and have been playing nightly. If the next two DLC packs are interesting, these fundamental game changes are going to have been so worth it. If not, still a nice change/a commitment to the community for the inevitable sequel.

That said...why is it so hard for me to find a decent Tactician Knee Pad. Heh.

Had some fun playing with GazzaGSi tonight :)

Unfortunately when the group disbanded I had 3 green caches and 4 yellow ones... and a nice M60... I got killed by rogues and lost it all :(

Kept playing for one more hour and got screwed by rogues every single time. Fuck this.

shermas

So I just read about farming CS for Phoenix Credits... go to world Tier 2 and complete it in a few minutes with a group = 100+ PC each run. :eek:

I'll do this tonight, I'm out of PC.

What is CS?

Is there a good LFG site for this game? I'm on xbone and I've been using in game matchmaking for Challenge missions for loot... just wondering if there's a good way to find a DZ grind team

And, are performance mods the best thing to buy with PC? I haven't played in months... still trying to get up to speed on everything. I'm up to 220ish with my dude already, though.

fr0st

Banned
CS = counter strike

I'm kidding it means clear sky the incursions on top of the map where people farm Phoenix credits.

I've jumped back in and I love it, been playing non stop for 3 days. It's fun again.

As a PvE player, I love just logging on and farming the bosses on the main map and getting crazy amount of loot.

Also a big shout out to SkillUp on youtube, his video on building a PvE character helped me out so much.

GazzaGSi

Had some fun playing with GazzaGSi tonight :)

Unfortunately when the group disbanded I had 3 green caches and 4 yellow ones... and a nice M60... I got killed by rogues and lost it all :(

Kept playing for one more hour and got screwed by rogues every single time. Fuck this.

No way! I thought we'd not long extracted so we were empty or was this after I left?

Was a good evening, I hate that DZ05 extraction point though, I've never had a hassle free extract happen there lol prefer the car park point on the opposite side.

I got some decent stuff but nothing of an improvement. Dropped a nice Aug and MP5 off in the stash for my alt though.

I've jumped back in and I love it, been playing non stop for 3 days. It's fun again.

As a PvE player, I love just logging on and farming the bosses on the main map and getting crazy amount of loot.

Also a big shout out to SkillUp on youtube, his video on building a PvE character helped me out so much.

I don't know how I feel about this one as it seems if you follow that build it simply turns The Division into a basic third person cover shooter for the most part with almost total disregard to the RPG elements of the game. I think the enemies are still far too bullet spongy to do this plus I miss my Skill Power but the LMGs are fun.

No way! I thought we'd not long extracted so we were empty or was this after I left?

Was a good evening, I hate that DZ05 extraction point though, I've never had a hassle free extract happen there lol prefer the car park point on the opposite side.

I got some decent stuff but nothing of an improvement. Dropped a nice Aug and MP5 off in the stash for my alt though.

I was choosing carefully my items... only what interested me... it was when you left, I hadn't extracted :(

But whatever, it happens. I decided to hop in again today and got lucky. Ended up getting 2 Hungry Hogs hahah. Also an M249 with deadly and brutal. So now I'm using a HH + M249 + 4pc AB for all those talents and man, it feels so damn good. After calibrating and rerolling some stuff I got the dmg per bullet @ 19.2. DPS at 239K. It absolutely shreds mobs and even players if I aim for the head.

GazzaGSi

I was choosing carefully my items... only what interested me... it was when you left, I hadn't extracted :(

But whatever, it happens. I decided to hop in again today and got lucky. Ended up getting 2 Hungry Hogs hahah. Also an M249 with deadly and brutal. So now I'm using a HH + M249 + 4pc AB for all those talents and man, it feels so damn good. After calibrating and rerolling some stuff I got the dmg per bullet @ 19.2. DPS at 239K. It absolutely shreds mobs and even players if I aim for the head.

Ah man if I'd have known I'd have stuck around. Nice one on the Hogs and it sounds like a great roll!

Just watched SOTG, so PVP Enemy Armour damage is going to be trialed on the 1.5 PTS. Be interesting to see how that works.

I don't know how I feel about this one as it seems if you follow that build it simply turns The Division into a basic third person cover shooter for the most part with almost total disregard to the RPG elements of the game. I think the enemies are still far too bullet spongy to do this plus I miss my Skill Power but the LMGs are fun.

I used it more as a baseline, since I'm using a Marksman Rifle and an Assault Rifle, did help me to look out and pick certain perks on gear though.

For example I'm using a 4 piece Hunter's faith and want to run 2 striker gear, not really using what he recommended, but it's good to know where to distribute firearms and stamina.

For the first time in the endgame, I feel that I have a gameplan, and it feels good to see it coming together.

DeaDPo0L84

Okay need some help from the pros around here. I am liking to run 3 pieces of fire red and 3 pieces of lone star (not big on shotguns though). I love my current lmg (hungry hog/pakhan) and assault rifle (tactical m16),but have no clue what path I should go for actual skills as far as crit chance or crit damage or any other attributes gear and weapons come with.

I'm reading that 20% crit chance is plenty and then focus on crit damage with mods on weapons but again no clue. I haven't really messed with recalibration cause again i don't know what I should be rerolling and such.

After quitting for quite a while after hitting 29, before any of the incursions/gearscore stuff hit, I came back today and hit 30 and did up doing 2 daily missions and ended up with a gear score of 103, but I still don't really know what I'm supposed to be doing. Should I be DZing? Replaying missions on higher diffs?

fr0st

Banned
3 sentry 3 hunter's faith is pretty good especial if you have 2 mods that give HS damage and brutal on your weapon.

I have an acr with 160% headshot damage and 25% damage to elites which shreds even the heavy bosses if you can consistently aim for the head.

GazzaGSi

The pain when you burn 10mil of credits trying to max a gear piece and select the wrong stat in excitement on the last affordable roll and now have an empty wallet ;-(

red731

I love it.
LOVE IT after patch 1.4
I had like a half year pause but now I'm back baby.

Two greens already from city mobs.

Oh new york New York.

Top Bottom