• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

Is anyone else getting freezes/stutter after playing for 5 minutes? I decided to get this since everyone is saying 1.4 made it better, and I'm finding it very hard to play because it starts to freeze up and stutter now. Computer specs are:

Gtx 960 4gb
Intel i5 3570k
8GB ram

Used MSI afterburner to monitor the game and it turns out whenever these freezes occur my gpu usage drops down to 0-2%. Everything else is fine, so I'm not really sure what to think. This occurs even on low settings. Other games I've played don't do this, so I don't think it's my GPU.

Se_7_eN

The amount of people returning (On my friends list anyway) is crazy... Most of my friends list went from no one playing to over half playing The Division.

1.4 is a real turn around, and Survival is only going to increase those numbers.

Greddleok

I'm sure its been asked 100 times, but how beginner friendly is the main content? I don't mind grinding so much, I just don't want to be constantly wrecked by people higher level and with much better gear than me.

This survival thing has realllllly piqued my interest. I only just resisted buying it the first time around, and now it's £20, with whatever the DLC cost is.

Lanrutcon

I'm sure its been asked 100 times, but how beginner friendly is the main content? I don't mind grinding so much, I just don't want to be constantly wrecked by people higher level and with much better gear than me.

This survival thing has realllllly piqued my interest. I only just resisted buying it the first time around, and now it's £20, with whatever the DLC cost is.

I am a new player, started a week ago. The 1 to 30 content is very beginner friendly. If you're having issue with a set mission, you can try and find a group or just go level up a bit and then come back.

I don't think the Dark Zone stuff is beginner friendly, but its the pvp side of the game and you know how that goes.

void666

Banned
Can i completely ignore the dark zone and properly gear up and have fun just doing pve stuff now?

I droped the game shortly after the first incursion came out. I've been playing occasionally lately but i'm kinda lost.

EL CUCO

Can i completely ignore the dark zone and properly gear up and have fun just doing pve stuff now?

I droped the game shortly after the first incursion came out. I've been playing occasionally lately but i'm kinda lost.
Absolutely. DZ is completely optional now

Did I hear him correctly in that he isn't expecting the Survival DLC to drop until February/March of next year or was he speaking of The Last Stand DLC?

Edit: Yeah, he definitely said Massive says Survival is coming in Q1 of 2017. Hopefully they build considerably on what's there now before release.

What? I'm pretty sure he was talking about Last Stand...

If not... I'm not sure how I feel about this. Survival doesn't even look hot tbh. And with PS4 having 1 month delay compared to XBone/PC... 😒

What? I'm pretty sure he was talking about Last Stand...

If not... I'm not sure how I feel about this. Survival doesn't even look hot tbh. And with PS4 having 1 month delay compared to XBone/PC... 😒

He talks about it at about the 8:30 mark in the video but then he goes onto continue to discuss it and quite frankly I'm still a bit confused although he clearly states Survival isn't due to drop until Q1 (January-March) of next year. I'm not sure if he is saying 1.5 is going to drop before then when he says "right around the corner" or not although I can't see them releasing the 1.5 update and Survival separately.

GazzaGSi

Ouch Q1 2017. If true it certainly makes current gear a bit more relevant for the time being, it's not like it's acouple of weeks away.

From a personal perspective I'd like to see 1.5 on all formats by the end of November with Survival releasing on Xbox and PC at the same time as 1.5, followed by PS4 30 days later/end of December.

Maybe the current build of Survival is just the bare bones of it which is why it is possible it could be Q1 2017 if they've got more to add but I feel they're advertising it too much if that's the case espeically with it being on the PTS now, I can't see much difference content wise for when Survival is released. But can't get my head around a 2017 release date.

1.4 was what, a 4 week PTS? And there was a hell of a lot more gameplay changes than in 1.5 (Survival aside) so I think end of November is realistic.

I dunno, I just think Q1 2017 is way off the mark and having had a good return of players in 1.4 announcing 1.5 and survival so early could put people off thinking why the hell should I bother when in acouple of months it'll all change.

I'd have gone for a different approach:

a)1.4 Boom - returning players, happy players and enjoying the game with plenty of loot and decent TTK on NPC's.

b) Oh you're enjoying the game well here's another Boom - Survival is around the corner, more content, more loot, PVE & PVP matchmake with a new enemy faction and gameplay mechanics

c) Now comes 1.5 a month or more after Survival, Everyone is pretty much maxed GS229, they've had fun with the content but have decent rolls on the items they've been farming so increase the GS, add another WT, make some balancing adjustments etc. The loot loop restarts, you have to be more cautious being undergeared in the new WT, you start gathering better items with plenty of content to choose which way you want to farm. Openworld, DZ, Missions, Dailies, Underground, Survival, Assignments.

That's what I think anyway, if it is Q1 2017 I know for sure I'll be parking the game for a bit and catch up on MWRemaster & BFone with their Pro patches.

I was under the impression that Survival was still set for before year's end? Seemed like most folks on the Reddit were even thinking that considering how far along the PTS was, it would still drop with 1.5 sometime in late November. I'd be bummed if it wasn't until Q1.

Kalamari

Survival looks pretty fun. Seems that players have equal starting gear, but can use loot upgrades they obtain, players won't need to have godroll gear in order to compete in PvP for once. It should be a great addition to the game.

Survival looks pretty fun. Seems that players have equal starting gear, but can use loot upgrades they obtain, players won't need to have godroll gear in order to compete in PvP for once. It should be a great addition to the game.

Oh yeah, nice observation. Even ground, finally.

Greddleok

I am a new player, started a week ago. The 1 to 30 content is very beginner friendly. If you're having issue with a set mission, you can try and find a group or just go level up a bit and then come back.

I don't think the Dark Zone stuff is beginner friendly, but its the pvp side of the game and you know how that goes.

Cool, that's good to know. Have you been in the PvP areas so much? I really enjoy that stuff, but I don't want to be constantly ganked while trying to level/gear up.

Lanrutcon

Cool, that's good to know. Have you been in the PvP areas so much? I really enjoy that stuff, but I don't want to be constantly ganked while trying to level/gear up.

Everything I've heard points to the Dark Zone being a group experience. Going in solo will lead to frustration more often than not

Brakara

Did I hear him correctly in that he isn't expecting the Survival DLC to drop until February/March of next year or was he speaking of The Last Stand DLC?

Edit: Yeah, he definitely said Massive says Survival is coming in Q1 of 2017. Hopefully they build considerably on what's there now before release.

I think Ubisoft said it's dropping Q1 2017 of their financial year, which is Q4 2016, so I'm sure Skill Up just mixed things up.

It only needs some adjustments, and is already a month or so late (due to 1.4), so there's no way they don't release it this year.

GazzaGSi

Massive posted on the SOTG thread on reddit that there will be no Pro patch. What a shitty decision. 😳

Just reading that thread. As it reads to me is there is no update as in no update to whether there will be a patch or not. Don't think it's very clear and can be interpretated both ways.

PS4 Pro update
- No update Here

150 stash limit is welcomed with open arms though :)

Dove back into the game on election night to try out the Underground stuff and the QOL improvements. Took me a little bit to get used to the controls again, but now I'm pretty solid.

I'm still a little shaky on how the daily zone missions work. You go to a safehouse, get set up with some missions, and those gather you intel so you can trigger a mission for an assassination? I didn't feel like the pop up blurb explained it very well.

Underground is great though. It's like having a randomized Strike playlist, though I need to get a group together before I can start bumping up the difficulty.

Dervius

Just jumped back into this and have just hit level 30.

Trying to get my head around some.of the endgame features. Have to say there's a fair chunk of game here.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr

Ubisoft's fiscal release schedule from a few days ago explicitly listed Survival as this year and Last Stand as Q1 next year. I think he's just getting confused.

Ubisoft's fiscal release schedule from a few days ago explicitly listed Survival as this year and Last Stand as Q1 next year. I think he's just getting confused.

Whew! Thank you for the info :D

Man I'm bummed I can't make an UG Op with 2 or 3 phases... when does it get available?

GazzaGSi

Whew! Thank you for the info :D

Man I'm bummed I can't make an UG Op with 2 or 3 phases... when does it get available?

Level 20 IIRC

I've been doing UG and can run 3 phase so when we're both next on I'll send you an invite as only 1 needs to be level 20 to activate a 3 phase even if the rest of the team aren't.

N30RYU

An admin just replied this on ubi forums:
"Hey, we don't have any news regarding the PS4 pro at this time. When we do, we will be sure to share it."

giphy.gif

FrankCanada97

Roughly the size of a baaaaaarge
I've returned to the game after months away. I'm pleased to see yellows drop frequently now. What weapons are popular now? Is everyone still using marksmen + smgs?

I've returned to the game after months away. I'm pleased to see yellows drop frequently now. What weapons are popular now? Is everyone still using marksmen + smgs?

Nope. SMGs and MMR got a huge nerf. But there are some exceptions. All in all the best weapons in the game are:

ARs: LVOA-C (PvP/PvE) and G36 (PvE mainly)
MMR: SVDs
SMGs: MP5 (PvP/PvE), PP-19 (PvE mainly)
LMGs: Hungry Hog (highest dmg per bullet and highest sustained dmg too, mainly PvE but good in PvP too), M60s and M249s (PvE)
Shotguns: SASG-12/M870s (PvP/PvE)

FrankCanada97

Roughly the size of a baaaaaarge
Nope. SMGs and MMR got a huge nerf. But there are some exceptions. All in all the best weapons in the game are:

ARs: LVOA-C (PvP/PvE) and G36 (PvE mainly)
MMR: SVDs
SMGs: MP5 (PvP/PvE), PP-19 (PvE mainly)
LMGs: Hungry Hog (highest dmg per bullet and highest sustained dmg too, mainly PvE but good in PvP too), M60s and M249s (PvE)
Shotguns: SASG-12/M870s (PvP/PvE)

Thanks! Would you say that all weapon types are viable now? I want to change up my weapon use once in a while to keep things fresh. I mostly play PvE.

Thanks! Would you say that all weapon types are viable now? I want to change up my weapon use once in a while to keep things fresh. I mostly play PvE.

Yes! Builds are more varied than ever before! If you're mostly a PvE player (like me), a good choice of gear set to play with is the Alpha Bridge. 4 pieces gives you healing abilities and if you use two weapons of the same type, all talents become active at once! Then you can use other 2 pieces of another set or high end gear. I'm using 4AB + 2 Nomads. The 2 pieces of Nomad give you 15% health on kill, it's an awesome combination :D

But take a look at all the gearsets and stats and see what suits you better. There are many combos that work well (like 3 Sentrys + 3 Hunters Faith, 3 Sentry + 3 Lone Star, etc).

Man I've never been so lucky at this game. After getting the Hog, today I was lucky to get a Navy MP5 with Brutal and Ferocious (as the 3rd talent).

Also, using the Matchmaking is awesome, I always find very nice players to go farming in the DZ.

EDIT

Machinima re-reviews The Division: "get this damn game NOW"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5TFtnesWd8

EDIT

Machinima re-reviews The Division: "get this damn game NOW"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5TFtnesWd8

This review is kinda weird , he stopped at lv 12 the first time ? I'm unsure someone who reached lv 30 and did those first 2 incursions and dropped the game because there was nothing enjoyable left will think of that video.

Yeah for 14$ you can get a proper experience without the bullshit but it's still quite a flawed experience IMO

grmlin

Never played it, but Jingles uploaded a Video about The Division today and it looks pretty fun tbh.

Is it considered to be a good game now? I'm not really interested in the darkzone and would play it alone. On PC that is. I remember reading crazy stories about people hacking the shit out of this game. Is this still a thing?

thanks!

Never played it, but Jingles uploaded a Video about The Division today and it looks pretty fun tbh.

Is it considered to be a good game now? I'm not really interested in the darkzone and would play it alone. On PC that is. I remember reading crazy stories about people hacking the shit out of this game. Is this still a thing?

thanks!
Not the case anymore. There are a few hacks here and there like every online game. Not the hack fest that was before.

Question: I am a fresh 30 with phoenix credits. Can I spend them on anything atm? My DZ rank is nothing.
You should check what blueprints are available and the weapon talents etc...

-----------------

Talk about bad luck: https://youtu.be/PBfoF5kO-sk LOL

Top Bottom